Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337615 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyi04: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
I got my visa today.
Thanks God for this forum.Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help I got here.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onyi04:
I got my visa today.
Thanks God for this forum.Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help I got here.

Did you get at Abuja centre? Any idea when ur passport actually touched downed at tls? My own interview was on the 6th of sept aswell but I live in ph. So I did courier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
yes ur right....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hormolarry: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
@dee95, congratulations, I wish you journey mercies. did u paid for priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
hormolarry:
@dee95, congratulations, I wish you journey mercies. did u paid for priority?

Yes I did...thank u o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
oh dear, i was sent a recdeipt via email and printed it out too. you should be sent cos you would tender it at the VAC.

Onyi04:
Pls can someone help me out.
I paid for priority visa this morning, I was not sent any receipt for the payment but I have been debited.
Pls how do I contact TLS for my receipt my interview is tomorrow.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onyi04:
Pls can someone help me out.
I paid for priority visa this morning, I was not sent any receipt for the payment but I have been debited.
Pls how do I contact TLS for my receipt my interview is tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi please how much did everything cost you in naira? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
MrsDaniels:
yes ur right....
Hey MrsDaniels,hw u? Was able to sort it out. Thanks for your help, but I had to start another application since I hadn't paid for the first one. Have now paid for IHS, left with Visafee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Prinz15(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
TobyAn:
Morning everyone... My flight to Birmingham was delayed cos of the wahala in Lagos airport.. lol.. we were delayed leaving by 3 hours cos no light... Finally arrived to my hotel and collected BRP and completed enrollment... No questions at POE except name of my institution... Housing search begins... contacted several agencies and have an appointment for viewing soon.. Good luck to everyone still awaiting their visas.
welcome bro, wil get my BRP on Wednesday nxt week, am currently in London, arrived yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
For the purpose of benefit to others coming after me, I wish to state that I placed a call to my school today concerning the issue i raised yesterday over work placement and extension of my visa, the school aligned itself with the submission of spicke c. They said that the decision to follow the one year placement should be done at the very beginning which is at the point of admission which will thereafter be reflected on my Cas. As I stand now, I either resume, declare interest in the work placement option which they regard as sandwich and later on leave UK to reapply for another one year or I change my admission entirely and forfeit my admission this year and wait till next year. Men and brethren, I am confused. Spike c, what's the work placement usually like? Lemme know if its worth it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:
For the purpose of benefit to others coming after me, I wish to state that I placed a call to my school today concerning the issue i raised yesterday over work placement and extension of my visa, the school aligned itself with the submission of spicke c. They said that the decision to follow the one year placement should be done at the very beginning which is at the point of admission which will thereafter be reflected on my Cas. As I stand now, I either resume, declare interest in the work placement option which they regard as sandwich and later on leave UK to reapply for another one year or I change my admission entirely and forfeit my admission this year and wait till next year. Men and brethren, I am confused. Spike c, what's the work placement usually like? Lemme know if its worth it.

So basically you can't add that the moment you get to the UK because you did not indicate that during admission application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:

U just did what I advised you to do. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
justwise:

So basically you can't add that the moment you get to the UK because you did not indicate that during admission application?

No justwise I can still change in UK and continue my studies buh when my visa expires, I would need to exit, get a new cas, pay the work placement fees and be issued a new visa just like spikec said or I can write school officially from here, get a new Cas and process a new visa to cover for the two years. Because my resumption is close, lemme get to UK and take it from there. Meanwhile I asked a question, who knows about their work placement? Is it something you can advice me to go for despite the additional cost that comes with it? Do you think I should take it or leave it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Go for it then

marauka:

No justwise [b]I can still change in UK and continue my studies [/b]buh when my visa expires, I would need to exit, get a new cas, pay the work placement fees and be issued a new visa just like spikec said or I can write school officially from here, get a new Cas and process a new visa to cover for the two years. Because my resumption is close, lemme get to UK and take it from there. Meanwhile I asked a question, who knows about their work placement? Is it something you can advice me to go for despite the additional cost that comes with it? Do you think I should take it or leave it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:

Meanwhile I asked a question, who knows about their work placement?
Do you think I should take it or leave it?

Ask your school how many "job placements" lead to permanent employment.
If the success rate is good the school will be proud to tell you.
If it is poor success then that may help you choose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:

No justwise I can still change in UK and continue my studies buh when my visa expires, I would need to exit, get a new cas, pay the work placement fees and be issued a new visa just like spikec said or I can write school officially from here, get a new Cas and process a new visa to cover for the two years . Because my resumption is close, lemme get to UK and take it from there. Meanwhile I asked a question, who knows about their work placement? Is it something you can advice me to go for despite the additional cost that comes with it? Do you think I should take it or leave it?

Ok in that case spikec is right.

Regarding work placement...no its not something you should labour that hard for only if you are looking for a way to stay longer in the UK.

You will be very lucky to get a company in your filed, many of them are unpaid and more or less slavery work

The way your school is treating it shows that its not really connected to your course or their own program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
justwise:

Ok in that case spikec is right.

Regarding work placement...no its not something you should labour that hard for only if you are looking for a way to stay longer in the UK.

You will be very lucky to get a company in your filed, many of them are unpaid and more or less slavery work

The way your school is treating it shows that its not really connected to your course or their own program.

Waow...its OK if that's the case. I don't need to over stress myself if that's the case. I would rather go for my one year and proceed in my career progression through other means. I want to use this medium to thank everyone justwise, spike c, Bourne ccsspatrick et all. I love you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Krusha: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Finally got my visa today. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Krusha:

Congrats bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dgirl63: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Krusha:

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bal2012002(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
OlowoB:

Bro what is your problem na? do you want people to spoil your mind? you have submitted already and nothing can be done again.

For your information, do you know i also made a mistake when i did my application years back? I was supposed to use the rate of the day i paid online but i wrote the rate of the day i printed my bank statement boldly on my application form and was still granted my Visa.

Nothing can be done again, sleep, eat and pray and come back here to testify. Don't ask questions again.

all the best

You are da best.
Your comment gave me hope.
Your opinion made me stop asking.
Permit me to let you know I gat my visa for me, wife n adorable daughter yesterday.
Aberdeen for next week.
Keep the hopeful opinions up...

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bal2012002(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
uncover:

Big mistake you made. Big one! Well miracles do happen.
Hey hey hey... There's a miracle here. Gat myself, wife and adorable daughter visa yesterday. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:

If you get a position in a very good company, it is totally worth it. You even have a better chance of getting employed permanently with them.

I would advise to look for a placement when the time comes, if you find a very good one, then switch to sandwich mode immediately.

Justwise talked about most being meager salaries and unpaid. I wouldn't know about that as I actually got a very good contract job with a very good company, and just used it as my placement. My manager was happy to sign it so win win for me

The experience is also worth it for your CV especially if you plan to stay behind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marauka: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
spikesC:

If you get a position in a very good company, it is totally worth it. You even have a better chance of getting employed permanently with them.

I would advise to look for a placement when the time comes, if you find a very good one, then switch to sandwich mode immediately.

Justwise talked about most being meager salaries and unpaid. I wouldn't know about that as I actually got a very good contract job with a very good company, and just used it as my placement. My manager was happy to sign it so win win for me

The experience is also worth it for your CV especially if you plan to stay behind

Does it mean I will be the one to look for work placement? I thought the school assists in this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
marauka:

Waow...its OK if that's the case. I don't need to over stress myself if that's the case. I would rather go for my one year and proceed in my career progression through other means. I want to use this medium to thank everyone justwise, spike c, Bourne ccsspatrick et all. I love you all.

Maybe spikec's case is different but work placement is mostly unpaid work and you will be very lucky to get a company in area of study.

Some schools do have companies to send you to or you look for placement company yourself then the school will give you letter to support it.

In terms of job search in the UK you can start that from April with your first and second semester result transcript
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyi04: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
Uzi1900:

Did you get at Abuja centre? Any idea when ur passport actually touched downed at tls? My own interview was on the 6th of sept aswell but I live in ph. So I did courier.
No I did mine at ikeja .I think it was o. The 14th cos I got mail collection on 15th around 10:30am.
I also had my interview on the 6th of sept too.
I guess urs is on the way,since u are using courier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyi04: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thatfiyahgirl:

Hi please how much did everything cost you in naira? Thank you
I used first bank card for the visa fee they took about 213k ,first bank card is so expensive.
I used Stanbic card for nhs fee they took 117k.Also used stanbic for priority fee 79k.
Ikeja visa fee is higher than the VI.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 12:21am On Sep 16, 2016
marauka:

Does it mean I will be the one to look for work placement? I thought the school assists in this

The university would assist by sending job ads to you. They also organise job fairs with companies. But the surest way is to find one yourself

justwise:

Maybe spikec's case is different but work placement is mostly unpaid work and you will be very lucky to get a company in area of study.
Some schools do have companies to send you to or you look for placement company yourself then the school will give you letter to support it.
In terms of job search in the UK you can start that from April with your first and second semester result transcript

Yes, mine is very different so I wouldn't know much on standard placement pay. When I did my research, I found that top companies pay around 18k to 25k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:38am On Sep 16, 2016
What's wrong with GTB plz? Paid my IHS successfully but when I was about paying for visa fee it declined. Please what could be d problem? Have tried the early hours of this morning and its d same thing. Plz who encountered this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2016
Onyi04:

I used first bank card for the visa fee they took about 213k ,first bank card is so expensive.
I used Stanbic card for nhs fee they took 117k.Also used stanbic for priority fee 79k.
Ikeja visa fee is higher than the VI.

Thanks a lot. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 1:28am On Sep 16, 2016
spikesC:

The university would assist by sending job ads to you. They also organise job fairs with companies. But the surest way is to find one yourself

Yes, mine is very different so I wouldn't know much on standard placement pay. When I did my research, I found that top companies pay around 18k to 25k
In pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by notjustok00: 1:35am On Sep 16, 2016
fizzile:
What's wrong with GTB plz? Paid my IHS successfully but when I was about paying for visa fee it declined. Please what could be d problem? Have tried the early hours of this morning and its d same thing. Plz who encountered this?

it happened to me to had to use a friend's account who had a lot of more in it before it worked. u could try that

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.