Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337497 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cyberdurable(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
justwise:

You going about this the wrong way. You need to do a lot of research on your own. The link I gave you listed universities you need to visit and look at their fees.

Alryt. Sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by larion: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
figel:

Sorry for my late reply.

Some were screen grabs while others i printed from email. I had over 1500 screen grabs for whatsapp alone (1 year chat history), so i had to crop each picture with microsoft word and put like 4 on a page (this took a while). After i got tired, i Just complimented the grabs with the email version.

In terms of authenticity, i don't think that is your concern. The marriage certificate, wedding pictures and all other life events are the most important documents. The chats just shows that the relationship is subsisting. I hope you have your chats for a very long period (between 4 - 12 months). Trust me, no one will go through 100s of pages of chats (time is money in UK) the officer will probably just check a few pages for consistency as long as he/she does not have any reason to doubt other supporting documents. If you got your call logs, include them too.

Make sure that when you are going to TLS, make coloured copies of all your pictures and documents to A4 size. Also be careful with the TLS staff. Some of them can be very annoying and lazy. Don't let them put you in a hurry. Make sure all your documents are scanned and carefully watch what they are doing. Don't let their inefficiency cost you your visa (scanning over 900 pages of different documents can get daunting)

As for my letters, i am presently on a trip and I do not have them on my personal computer as my hubby drafted and couriered them to me. Once i'm back to my based, I will help you out with that. Hope this helps? Best of luck

Thanks for your update, I was considering the screen grab and pasting on Microsoft word option too, I think that's should just fly....if they want 4 months communication, I can provide 4 years.

Thanks for the info about TLS guys....I'll follow it thru....

For the letters, I'll follow your tip too and write up something, my 28days clocks this weeks and I doubt if I can wait for your trip return..... Hopefully it will pan out well.

Many thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello guys, I've been seeing here the 'half fees payment' thing before visa application but i still need some clarifications. Please, how about if one pays £3k out of £10k and also shows enough money in parent's account statement to cover the remainder of the tuition + maintenance fee, will visa be denied such a person?
Please has anyone tried this kind of partial fee payment before and got his/her visa granted?
And also what rate does the embassy use in converting money claimed in an account? Official CBN rate or black market rate??

Please anyone with answers will be much appreciated.
@justwise
@larion

ps: I'm making a late application for May 2017 entry.

Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry357: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
AbaGuyMan:
Hello guys, I've been seeing here the 'half fees payment' thing before visa application but i still need some clarifications. Please, how about if one pays £3k out of £10k and also shows enough money in parent's account statement to cover the remainder of the tuition + maintenance fee, will visa be denied such a person?

Thanks all

We can not see the future
No one can predict if a visa will be granted whatever the circumstances.
The only way to find out for sure is to apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
worry357:

We can not see the future
No one can predict if a visa will be granted whatever the circumstances.
The only way to find out for sure is to apply.

Yea bro, but i'd like to know if anyone has tried partial payment (less than half) before visa application and if such a person succeeded.
I could grab some confidence you know.
Thanks sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
AbaGuyMan:

Yea bro, but i'd like to know if anyone has tried partial payment (less than half) before visa application and if such a person succeeded.
I could grab some confidence you know.
Thanks sha

Yes partial payment is possible. But the balance must reflect in your statement of account with your maintenance expenses to get your visa. Once you get your visa, to fully register at the University, you have to pay 50% tuition and arrange an instalment to pay the balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
figel:

Yes partial payment is possible. But the balance must reflect in your statement of account with your maintenance expenses to get your visa. Once you get your visa, to fully register at the University, you have to pay 50% tuition and arrange an instalment to pay the balance.

Thanks dear.

Does the embassy use official rate to convert money claimed in account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
AbaGuyMan:
Please has anyone tried this kind of partial fee payment before and got his/her visa granted?
And also what rate does the embassy use in converting money claimed in an account? Official CBN rate or black market rate??

@justwise
@larion

Thanks all
The Embassy uses OANDA rate.....It's closer to interbank rate. But you could check the rates your self or download the app.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbaGuyMan(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
Nchabuomo:
The Embassy uses OANDA rate.....It's closer to interbank rate. But you could check the rates your self or download the app.

Alright, thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
AbaGuyMan:

@justwise
@larion

Thanks all

There is nothing wrong with that. That is within the student visa rule
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shark003: 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
Special appreciation to figel for her enormous, beneficial response on this platform.

Sir just wise you're too good wink

Na'am,

Made my appearance at the visa office although didn't go with all documents stated by figel because they were not readily available by my spouse.

This were the documents submitted for dependent visa tier4

-TB Certificate
-Statement of Account ( combined mine and spouse account) gtbank and Skye to be specific
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Chat history (WhatsApp ) for almost a year
-mails exchange since 2015
( Although I had to be selecting 3mails/month) at a point
-Copy of spouse BRP
-Copy of spouse int't passport

All in all, total pages of documents submitted was about 600 pages

There was no phone interview after submission which initially got me alerted but at the long run it came out positive.
Alhamdulillah

Thanks for your contribution everyone...keep the house tighter .

All the best.

Note: it's better to get a personal printer inorder to print all this documents.

They'll be returned to you immediately after scanning anyway.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2017
justwise:

There is nothing wrong with that. That is within the student visa rule

Thanks a lot man!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
shark003:
Special appreciation to figel for her enormous, beneficial response on this platform.

Na'am,

Made my appearance at the visa office although didn't go with all documents stated by figel because they were not readily available by my spouse.

-TB Certificate
-Statement of Account ( combined mine and spouse account) gtbank and Skye to be specific
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Copy of spouse BRP

There was no phone interview after submission which initially got me alerted but at the long run it came out positive.
Alhamdulillah

All the best.

Note: it's better to get a personal printer inorder to print all this documents.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
shark003:

Na'am,

-TB Certificate
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Copy of spouse BRP

Alhamdulillah

All the best.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by larion: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
shark003:

Na'am,

-TB Certificate
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Copy of spouse BRP

Alhamdulillah

All the best.

Wait wait wait,

You mean you didn't submit Invitation letter and introduction letter by your spouse?

Also if I may ask, what kinda visa did you apply for, tier 4 dependant?

Last question....how many days did it take you, from submission to pickup.

Currently filling my form so m a little nervous.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shark003: 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
larion:

Wait wait wait,

You mean you didn't submit Invitation letter and introduction letter by your spouse?

Also if I may ask, what kinda visa did you apply for, tier 4 dependant?

Last question....how many days did it take you, from submission to pickup.

Currently filling my form so m a little nervous.

Cheers

Non of the letters mentioned were available at the time of submission.

I submitted my application on 16/2/2017 and received their response on 10/3/2017

Visa type- tier 4 (general) dependent partner

Wish you the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MikeSpokes(m): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
God, I wish I could take a law degree in London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2017
HELLO HOUSE, I USED TO LIVE IN THE U.K. WITH A TIER 5 RELIGIOUS WORKER VISA AND I AM BACK TO NIGERIA. I CAME FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY VISA. NOW I WANT TO ATTEND MY SISTER'S GRADUATION AND HAVE ABOUT 800K IN MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS AMOUNT IS GOING TO BE SUFFICIENT TO SHOW TO THE ECO BECAUSE ACCOMMODATION AND FEEDING WILL BE PROVIDED BY MY COUSIN WHO ALSO LIVES IN THE SAME CITY AS MY SISTER. AGAIN, AM WORKING AND EARNING LIKE 150K A MONTH BUT OUR SALARY IS USUALLY PAID INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT BY CASH DEPOSIT IN OUR COMPANY'S NAME AND I HAVE PAYSLIPS TO SUPPORT THAT. HOPE THAT IS OKAY? ALSO, I DO HAVE SOME CASH THAT USED TO ENTER MY ACCOUNT LIKE 8K, 2K, 5K BUT NOT UP TO 15K. DO I STILL NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF That MONEY? I INTEND STAYING FOR 3 WEEKS AND I HAVE INPUT FLIGHT AMOUNT TO BE £500 AND LIVING EXPENSES TO BE £300 IS THAT OKAY? PLS, I NEED YOUR INPUTS. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by erionibra: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello!
I really would appreciate your reply and your help!
I am applying for a student visa.
11 months student visa.
Till now everything is going okay but there is something not clear to me, which I hope to figure it with your help. It has to do with the 28 days period.
I am being sponsored by a friend of my father who lives in USA.
I have my own account, funds which have been transferred from the sponsor's account.
I have been waiting for the 28 days period to apply, just have to wait for 3 more, everything else is ready but I'm not sure if the same thing needs to be applied with the sponsor's bank account, since my sponsor has been using his account for different purposes.
It would help me so much if I get some information about this case.
Regards!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 7:10am On Apr 01, 2017
erionibra:
Hello!
I really would appreciate your reply and your help!
I am applying for a student visa.
11 months student visa.
Till now everything is going okay but there is something not clear to me, which I hope to figure it with your help. It has to do with the 28 days period.
I am being sponsored by a friend of my father who lives in USA.
I have my own account, funds which have been transferred from the sponsor's account.
I have been waiting for the 28 days period to apply, just have to wait for 3 more, everything else is ready but I'm not sure if the same thing needs to be applied with the sponsor's bank account, since my sponsor has been using his account for different purposes.
It would help me so much if I get some information about this case.
Regards!
From the little I know if all the required funds have been transferred to you (Maintenance+ Fees) then you don't need to present any other account statement apart from yours.
Again from the little I know, officially your friends father can't be your sponsor unless he officially adopted you, hence he is your father. But I don't think that's the case here. If some of the needed funds are still in his account, I suggest he transfers them to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2017
Hi Guys, its been a min. Happy newyr. @Justwise a friend needs help with all her spouse needs to apply for tier 4 dependant visa, document wise nd the amount he will be needing to Put in his acc for 28days. Pls dose who have done this before should pls comment. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
MrsDaniels:
Hi Guys, its been a min. Happy newyr. @Justwise a friend needs help with all her spouse needs to apply for tier 4 dependant visa, document wise nd the amount he will be needing to Put in his acc for 28days. Pls dose who have done this before should pls comment. Thanks.

This info is in this page and previous one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2017
Hi, pls how much money was required to be in account for you as a dependant of a tier 4 Studnet?
figel:

Sorry for my late reply.

Some were screen grabs while others i printed from email. I had over 1500 screen grabs for whatsapp alone (1 year chat history), so i had to crop each picture with microsoft word and put like 4 on a page (this took a while). After i got tired, i Just complimented the grabs with the email version.

In terms of authenticity, i don't think that is your concern. The marriage certificate, wedding pictures and all other life events are the most important documents. The chats just shows that the relationship is subsisting. I hope you have your chats for a very long period (between 4 - 12 months). Trust me, no one will go through 100s of pages of chats (time is money in UK) the officer will probably just check a few pages for consistency as long as he/she does not have any reason to doubt other supporting documents. If you got your call logs, include them too.

Make sure that when you are going to TLS, make coloured copies of all your pictures and documents to A4 size. Also be careful with the TLS staff. Some of them can be very annoying and lazy. Don't let them put you in a hurry. Make sure all your documents are scanned and carefully watch what they are doing. Don't let their inefficiency cost you your visa (scanning over 900 pages of different documents can get daunting)

As for my letters, i am presently on a trip and I do not have them on my personal computer as my hubby drafted and couriered them to me. Once i'm back to my based, I will help you out with that. Hope this helps? Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2017
The amount to be put in acc isnt stated on this page and neither on the prev as you suggested. Pls just kindly respond. @justwise

justwise:

This info is in this page and previous one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.