Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338443 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
There is a part that says spouse so yes you can use his statement as long as he has the required funds.

As for your bank statement , why morning just do a change of name and effect it at the bank?
Renee25:
Hi guys. Please i'll like to know if it's possible to use my husband's bank statement as evidence of funds to apply for a UK student's visa.Because I keep seeing parents/guardians on all the pages.
Also, my bank statements still bear my maiden name. Would that be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
Why not*
JoyceMbatu:
There is a part that says spouse so yes you can use his statement as long as he has the required funds.

As for your bank statement , why morning just do a change of name and effect it at the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hello guys and happy holz, my question is can a tier 4 applicant travel with his dependents if they need to do a pre sessional English first or they have to wait to apply after the pre sessional English is done?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
Wrong info!

@Renee25 ... Unless it is a joint account, you cannot use your husband's account.

JoyceMbatu:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
I may not be so wrong . Iv had someone apply with her husbands statement, with supporting legal marriage documents amongst others and got her visa.
Bourne007:
Wrong info!

@Renee25 ... Unless it is a joint account, you cannot use your husband's account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Renee25:
Hi guys. Please i'll like to know if it's possible to use my husband's bank statement as evidence of funds to apply for a UK student's visa.Because I keep seeing parents/guardians on all the pages.
Also, my bank statements still bear my maiden name. Would that be a problem?

If I were you;
My husband will transfer the entire money into my account.
Then I will allow the money sit in the account for 45 -60 Days (yes I know ukvi requires minimum of 30 days.)
Then I and my husband will pay the school fees.
Then I will get my CAS.
Then I will apply for the tier 4 student visa, submitting MY bank accounts, with the required funds in MY name.

The ECO will grant you your visa without any hesistation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joeautoz(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Irenenwaka:
@justwise please my school asked for a bank statement. Can i send a bank statement to my school that isnt up to 28 days old?? Then i will wait for after 28 days before i can apply for visa??

I see a 10year Ban Hovering around your application if you dont thread with caution. You better be patient and wait for the said funds to mature in the sponsors account for the said number of days before printing. Dont even think of submitting falsified bank statements or other documents to support your application. Aside from the travel ban, you could be prosecuted. Enough said. Lets also watch what we post on public forums, Nigerians already have a reputation for fraud.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joeautoz:

I see a 10year Ban Hovering around your application if you dont thread with caution. You better be patient and wait for the said funds to mature in the sponsors account for the said number of days before printing. Dont even think of submitting falsified bank statements or other documents to support your application. Aside from the travel ban, you could be prosecuted. Enough said. Lets also watch what we post on public forums, Nigerians already have a reputation for fraud.

Thank you ...but do u think i could submit an immature bank statement to my uni during application for admission, then when its time for visa, i will just wait for the bank statement to marture...do you think this plan is possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Thank you ...but do u think i could submit an immature bank statement to my uni during application for admission, then when its time for visa, i will just wait for the bank statement to marture...do you think this plan is possible?

I don’t think ‘your Uni’ would require a bank statement during application for admission.

Your school will only require it AFTER they have offered you admission, but prior to the issuance of a CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
LaaJiblik:

I don’t think ‘your Uni’ would require a bank statement during application for admission.

Your school will only require it AFTER they have offered you admission, but prior to the issuance of a CAS.

Lol as fummy as it is they asked ohh

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Also my uncle is the king of a renowned town in anambra...he is planning to write an official letter about finanaces nd all to my school and also to embassy, pls house do u know if this will go through
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:15am On Jun 19, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Also my uncle is the king of a renowned town in anambra...he is planning to write an official letter about finanaces nd all to my school and also to embassy, pls house do u know if this will go through

I would suggest you visit the UKVI website, and thoroughly read the requirements. I mean thoroughly.

Your Uncle (probably the Obi of Onitsha) should not waste his time writing any letters.

Let him simply transfer ALL the money into your father’s account. Then take it from there.

Is it that difficult?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2018
LaaJiblik:

I would suggest you visit the UKVI website, and thoroughly read the requirements. I mean thoroughly.

Your Uncle (probably the Obi of Onitsha) should not waste his time writing any letters.

Let him simply transfer ALL the money into your father’s account. Then take it from there.

Is it that difficult?

Loool thnks but yes definetly it is difficult for someone to make a huge transfer to someone else's account nd leave the money ther for over a month(all these people do business)...thnks btw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Loool thnks but yes definetly it is difficult for someone to make a huge transfer to someone else's account nd leave the money ther for over a month(all these people do business)...thnks btw

I thought the money was meant to SPONSOR you, not for business.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
Please naira landers ...

Kindly advice. I got a conditional offer to study
MSc in aUniversity in Uk. Tuition is 12,500 GBp. My elder brother who is a UK citizen and property wants to sponsor me in part. He wants to pay 5000 gbp. Now I understand I need to show the balance of 7,500 gbp in my own account. And also show in my account living expenses . I have only been able to save about 8000 gbp.

What are my chances of getting a VISA? Can my brother write and act as a sponsor by showing his statement of account.

Kindly advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Smile4mee01:
Please naira landers ...

Kindly advice. I got a conditional offer to study
MSc in aUniversity in Uk. Tuition is 12,500 GBp. My elder brother who is a UK citizen and property wants to sponsor me in part. He wants to pay 5000 gbp. Now I understand I need to show the balance of 7,500 gbp in my own account. And also show in my account living expenses . I have only been able to save about 8000 gbp.

What are my chances of getting a VISA? Can my brother write and act as a sponsor by showing his statement of account.

Kindly advice.

From the little i know..no( even though u both bear the same surname)
Statement account has to b ur parents or yours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by logophilia: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Yes you can. Just explain to them. They know this things, and they would advise you accordingly

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
logophilia:

Yes you can. Just explain to them. They know this things, and they would advise you accordingly
What type of advice is this? Please stop advicing people wrongly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2018
LaaJiblik:

I thought the money was meant to SPONSOR you, not for business.
Am I missing something?

My oga, please how many months financial evidence do i need to take to the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2018
Irenenwaka:

My oga, please how many months financial evidence do i need to take to the bank?

28 days. Go through the tier 4 guidance policy on the ukvi website. Many questions are answered on there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Mizzfy:

28 days. Go through the tier 4 guidance policy on the ukvi website. Many questions are answered on there.

Ohh yess mizzfy, thanks i already went there nd got infos. �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Irenenwaka:

At least, 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Firebomb: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
Greetings all.
I am so glad I found this thread as I will be needing wise counsel in my visa application process. I was awarded a scholarship worth £35,304 (of which £20,904 goes to tuition and the rest - £14,400 - will be put towards maintenance and living) by the London School of Economics to pursue an MSc programme this fall. I have also just received my CAS to proceed with visa application. However, I do not even know at what point to begin the process. Be kind to guide me through it seeing that many have gone through this platform and have emerged successful. I will be eternally grateful for your coaching.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
Firebomb:
Greetings all.
I am so glad I found this thread as I will be needing wise counsel in my visa application process. I was awarded a scholarship worth £35,304 (of which £20,904 goes to tuition and the rest - £14,400 - will be put towards maintenance and living). by the London School of Economics to pursue an MSc programme this fall. I have also just received my CAS to proceed with visa application. However, I do not even know at what point to begin the process. Be kind to guide me through it seeing that many have gone through this platform and have emerged successful. I will be eternally grateful for your coaching.

You can start your visa application from today, the application is done online after that you will be given an appointment for biometric and to submit all those documents listed in your CAS. You are likely to do an interview that day too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingDemolah(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,
Am an ardent follower of this thread and kudos to all the guys and babes who take time out to answer questions daily. God bless
My hubby just got admission for Masters at UCL. Tetfund Scholarship. Pls I would like to know towns closet to London he can look for cheap accommodation.. A friend suggested Coventry. But we still want to check other places. And also where most opportunities are as per work.
Thanks
Cc:
Justwise
OlowoB
LaaJiblik
Aphrodite007
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
MaEssien:
Hello House,
Am an ardent follower of this thread and kudos to all the guys and babes who take time out to answer questions daily. God bless
My hubby just got admission for Masters at UCL. Tetfund Scholarship. Pls I would like to know towns closet to London he can look for cheap accommodation.. A friend suggested Coventry. But we still want to check other places. And also where most opportunities are as per work.
Thanks
Cc:
Justwise
OlowoB
LaaJiblik
Aphrodite007

If by UCL you mean University College London then Coventry is NOT close to London.

“Cheap” accommodation is relative. What is Cheap for a Tertfund scholar may be expensive for a PTDF scholar...etc

Type of accommodation required matters too.
Is your hubby looking for a room in a shared flat? Or he wants a flat?

But on a general note, the closer to central London (zones 1 and 2), the more expensive accommodation is.

If you provide more details, you will receive better advice.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the quick response..
He is looking at accommodation not above £350, bills inclusive.. And yes a shared flat..
His studies from Oct to Dec is twice weekly. One has to be in class and the other can be online, I guess that's why the friend suggested Coventry..
Can you pls suggest areas he can look through if Coventry is far to London. And also work smiley

If by UCL you mean University College London then Coventry is NOT close to London.

“Cheap” accommodation is relative. What is Cheap for a Tertfund scholar may be expensive for a PTDF scholar...etc

But on a general note, the closer to central London (zones 1 and 2), the more expensive accommodation is.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by modash(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
MaEssien:
Thanks for the quick response..
He is looking at accommodation not above £350, bills inclusive.. And yes a shared flat..
His studies from Oct to Dec is twice weekly. One has to be in class and the other can be online, I guess that's why the friend suggested Coventry..
Can you pls suggest areas he can look through if Coventry is far to London. And also work smiley

Coventry is a little less than 2 hours by train and you can get a room with shared bathroom for 350 including bills

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.