Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332536 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Buku: 9:36am On Jan 15, 2019
Flawlessheyi:
It's thy Lord's doing it is marvellous in our sight.
Priority service
Submission and interview Jan 2nd
Sheifield email Jan 3
Passport collection mail Jan 11
Passport collection Jan 14
Visa granted,..thanks to you all,this thread polished my application.Dear applicant, please take your time to read up this trend,who wont regret it,
Some say it early,others say it is long overdue but I believe in God's appointed time,He has made everything beautiful in His time.
Keep believing and do not underestimate your potentials.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2019
Good for those outside STEM.
And they will have no choice than to give International Students better treatment.
Someone actually put that to Catriona Laing, The New British High Commisioner and she said its noted, lets hope for changes.

Conversation below:

Insa Nolte
@InsaNolte
Jan 1
Great to see commitment to UK-Nigerian collaboration set out so clearly! Academic and business links would be further improved by less restrictive UK visa policy. twitter.com/CatrionaLaing1…
View details ·

Catriona Laing
@CatrionaLaing1
Replying to @InsaNolte
Thanks. Point taken on visas.
9:34 AM - 1 Jan 2019

Kolping:
A number of UK universities are in a state of financial uncertainty. Just wait until the UK government implements the proposed increase in tuition fees for STEM courses and reduction in fees for other courses.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kolping: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Remember the High Commissioner is just doing her job, which is essentially being a diplomat. She reports to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The UK visa and immigration policy is handled by the Home Office. Her statements cannot affect the visa policy.

Zoey1:
Good for those outside STEM.
And they will have no choice than to give International Students better treatment.
Someone actually put that to Catriona Laing, The New British High Commisioner and she said its noted, lets hope for changes.

Conversation below:

Insa Nolte
@InsaNolte
Jan 1
Great to see commitment to UK-Nigerian collaboration set out so clearly! Academic and business links would be further improved by less restrictive UK visa policy. twitter.com/CatrionaLaing1…
View details ·

Catriona Laing
@CatrionaLaing1
Replying to @InsaNolte
Thanks. Point taken on visas.
9:34 AM - 1 Jan 2019

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2019
If you think a BHC is just doing a job in Nigeria then I laugh in Spanish.
We all report to God at the end of it ALL.
So I choose to trust God.
Kolping:
Remember the High Commissioner is just doing her job, which is essentially being a diplomat. She reports to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The UK visa and immigration policy is handled by the Home Office. Her statements cannot affect the visa policy.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kolping: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2019
A job, whether nefarious or not, is still a job.

The good thing is even if one does not want to follow the official and legal UK visa and immigration policy, one can always go through the alternative routes available.

Zoey1:
If you think a BHC is just doing a job in Nigeria then I laugh in Spanish.
We all report to God at the end of it ALL.
So I choose to trust God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
Kolping:
A job, whether nefarious or not, is still a job.

The good thing is even if one does not want to follow the official and legal UK visa and immigration policy, one can always go through the alternative routes available.

Which is?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by zinfly: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
Dear justwise,
I and my sisters live in the uk and we are looking to fully sponsor a cousin to come and do a masters with the hope that she could stay back obviously. My younger sistsr has the financial capacity to put in the applicaton so to avoid stories that touch she will be the sole sponsor. We have never done sonething like this before. Here is our dilemma, the course starts in three days.
We applied on friday and got the admission today. My sister just paid the full fees. How can we prepare this lady for the interview. The course is not in line with her first degree and cos we have limited time to work with i need to know the best way to go about this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rotimi89: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
zinfly:
Dear justwise,
I and my sisters live in the uk and we are looking to fully sponsor a cousin to come and do a masters with the hope that she could stay back obviously. My younger sistsr has the financial capacity to put in the applicaton so to avoid stories that touch she will be the sole sponsor. We have never done sonething like this before. Here is our dilemma, the course starts in three days.
We applied on friday and got the admission today. My sister just paid the full fees. How can we prepare this lady for the interview. The course is not in line with her first degree and cos we have limited time to work with i need to know the best way to go about this.

1. What about her maintenace fees? Is it in her personal account as a sister cant sponsor, only parents and has it spent the required 28days?.

2. Apply for visa asap using priority if the latest date of enrolment is still like 2weeks or more.(comfir from the school). Or else use super priority service if closer.

3. The interview is simple but she should avoid vague answers.
She should prepare a concrete excuse why she is deviating from her previous program to this New master plan and how try to have a specific reason for the change of intrest and how the new program will help her futue career plan.

Other questions includes:
Why the school?
Why that program?
Who is sponsoring and what dey do?
How you plan to comute to school.
Where you plan to stay.
Your modules
Duration of the program
What your firdt yeat tuition is etc.

Speak slowly and clearly to enable the eco take notes. Also be confidence and research well before applying.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
You can pay full tuition, but you can only pay part of maintenance not more than £1265 and the remainder has to sit in her account or parents account for 28days before submission of application.
She can't use your accounts for UK Tier 4 Application
Your sister can't be her sponsor according to UKVI rules, she can only give her the money to put in her own (cousin)'s account.

If that is sorted above are likely interview questions.
zinfly:
Dear justwise,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by zinfly: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Rotimi89:

1. What about her maintenace fees? Is it in her personal account as a sister cant sponsor, only parents and has it spent the required 28days?.

2. Apply for visa asap using priority if the latest date of enrolment is still like 2weeks or more.(comfir from the school). Or else use super priority service if closer.

3. The interview is simple but she should avoid vague answers.
She should prepare a concrete excuse why she is deviating from her previous program to this New master plan and how try to have a specific reason for the change of intrest and how the new program will help her futue career plan.

Other questions includes:
Why the school?
Why that program?
Who is sponsoring and what dey do?
How you plan to comute to school.
Where you plan to stay.
Your modules
Duration of the program
What your firdt yeat tuition is etc.

Speak slowly and clearly to enable the eco take notes. Also be confidence and research well before applying.

Good luck

Dear justwise,
Thanks for your prompt response. The plan was that she will live with my sister and commute from there. My sister will also be responsible for the transport to school and other maintenance cost. We her mother can't sponsor her as he does not have the financial capacity and her dad is late. She is in no financial position to sponsor herself as has no job. We don't have the time to lodge the money now as the school is starting this week. At this point it seems like an impossible venture
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2019
More reason you should go through this thread.
Even if an applicant is commuting from Buckingham palace so long as she is not sponsored by any Government or International company the person must show maintenance fee that must have counted 28days in his or her account.
Your cousin has to show that and if you doubt it go ahead with the application
zinfly:

Dear justwise,
Thanks for your prompt response. The plan was that she will live with my sister and commute from there. My sister will also be responsible for the transport to school and other maintenance cost. We her mother can't sponsor her as he does not have the financial capacity and her dad is late. She is in no financial position to sponsor herself as has no job. We don't have the time to lodge the money now as the school is starting this week. At this point it seems like an impossible venture
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rotimi89: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
[quote author=zinfly post=74791149]

Dear justwise,
Thanks for your prompt response. The plan was that she will live with my sister and commute from there. My sister will also be responsible for the transport to school and other maintenance cost. We her mother can't sponsor her as he does not have the financial capacity and her dad is late. She is in no financial position to sponsor herself as has no job. We don't have the time to lodge the money now as the school is starting this week. At this point it seems like an impossible

your sister should stand in for her as her legal gaidian. Do all the needful and use your sister statement of account, hope she has the required amount in either currencies seated for 28days consecutively?
That means she might have to diclose she has her gaidian in the uk and i hope your sister is a legal resident?
If yes! Get a lawyer asap and do the documentation needed to show she's her legal gaidian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rotimi89: 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Zoey1:
More reason you should go through this thread.
Even if an applicant is commuting from Buckingham palace so long as she is not sponsored by any Government or International company the person must show maintenance fee that must have counted 28days in his or her account.
Your cousin has to show that and if you doubt it go ahead with the application

your sister should stand in for her as her legal gaidian. Do all the needful and use your sister statement of account, hope she has the required amount in either currencies seated for 28days consecutively?
That means she might have to diclose she has her gaidian in the uk and i hope your sister is a legal resident?
If yes! Get a lawyer asap and do the documentation needed to show she's her legal gaidian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kenneth1111: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
i just got a call from the UKVI office and the call kept disconnecting. they called 3 times and i had only 2 questions and i hadn't finished the second when the 3 call got disconnected.

ANy idea what next? will they call back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
@Rotimi89:
You just led her wrong.
Even the Queen can't assume an adult's legal guardianship.
There is a due process to all this.
To be someone's legal guardian it must have been assumed before the person became an adult with legal documents.
It does not just happen overnight, there are people who did that here and it didn't work.

@zinfly
Defer the admission,september is around the corner. UK is not running away
Put the money in her account and it would fly.

[quote author=Rotimi89 post=74791597][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Since you attended to your call and it was an obvious network issue, you would either get another call or a mail as regards next steps.
Relax.
Kenneth1111:
i just got a call from the UKVI office and the call kept disconnecting. they called 3 times and i had only 2 questions and i hadn't finished the second when the 3 call got disconnected.

ANy idea what next? will they call back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
Rotimi89:

your sister should stand in for her as her legal gaidian. Do all the needful and use your sister statement of account , hope she has the required amount in either currencies seated for 28days consecutively?

This is misleading
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
zinfly:
Dear justwise,

This is not going to work, please prepare for Sep admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by zinfly: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
justwise:

This is not going to work, please prepare for Sep admission.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the insight. We will prepare for September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Victory1989(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello House this was the response from the university

@Zoey1,@justwise and others please do justice

Hello

We are very sorry to hear of your visa refusal. Unfortunately the
University is unable to approve the assignment of a new CAS immediately
for the same intake in this situation, due to the high probability of
another visa refusal.

I would recommend in this instance that we defer your offer to a later
intake, and nearer the time we would consider whether we are able to
assign you a new CAS (although this is not guaranteed).

I would also recommend that you challenge the decision by applying for
Administrative Review as per the instructions in the letter, this is
free of charge to do and should the visa refusal be overturned this will
be beneficial to you in future visa applications. The decision appears
to be made rather subjectively on various points. Also, as far as we are
aware it is not a requirement of the visa application to provide
documents confirming your current and previous employment with your visa
application so if you were not specifically asked for these documents
you may be able to challenge this point.

I am sorry for your disappointment, please keep us updated with your
Admin Review decision if you apply for it. I will arrange for you to be
sent a new offer for September 2019, we will correspond with you in the
summertime in regards to any further information or requirements for you
in order to consider assigning you a new CAS.

Kind regards,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:19am On Jan 16, 2019
As it is your only option is an administrative review. Like the school said if it favours you even though it will be late to use the visa it will be on record that your refusal got upturned and its free.
So work towards September resumption.

Victory1989:
Hello House this was the response from the university

@Zoey1,@justwise and others please do justice

Hello

We are very sorry to hear of your visa refusal. Unfortunately the
University is unable to approve the assignment of a new CAS immediately
for the same intake in this situation, due to the high probability of
another visa refusal.

I would recommend in this instance that we defer your offer to a later
intake, and nearer the time we would consider whether we are able to
assign you a new CAS (although this is not guaranteed).

I would also recommend that you challenge the decision by applying for
Administrative Review as per the instructions in the letter, this is
free of charge to do and should the visa refusal be overturned this will
be beneficial to you in future visa applications. The decision appears
to be made rather subjectively on various points. Also, as far as we are
aware it is not a requirement of the visa application to provide
documents confirming your current and previous employment with your visa
application so if you were not specifically asked for these documents
you may be able to challenge this point.

I am sorry for your disappointment, please keep us updated with your
Admin Review decision if you apply for it. I will arrange for you to be
sent a new offer for September 2019, we will correspond with you in the
summertime in regards to any further information or requirements for you
in order to consider assigning you a new CAS.

Kind regards,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by favor100: 10:52am On Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys I have a few questions
1. pls is it advisable to use a longer statement of account like 3 months or short like 1 month

2. does previous Visa refusal affect your chances for super priority Visa . like hope it won't affect it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TELENOVENA: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forum in one way or the other as my visa was granted yesterday...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chiinj(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
hello house,
pls whats the best naira card to pay for visitors visa fee esp for two years.
i'm currently having issues with Zenith
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Flawlessheyi(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
TELENOVENA:
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forum in one way or the other as my visa was granted yesterday...
. Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Flawlessheyi(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
favor100:
1. pls is it advisable to use a longer statement of account like 3 months or short like 1 month

2. does previous Visa refusal affect your chances for super priority Visa . like hope it won't affect it

1, I think is advisable you use SOA,you used in getting your CAS provided it was not printed later than 30days prior to your application, and if you will be using 3 month SOA,your account balance should not be less required amount within the 3momths

2,No you can apply for SPV ,but, TLS advise applicants with visa refusal to apply for standard visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TELENOVENA: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
Please is a one way ticket okay for travel as a student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
TELENOVENA:
Please is a one way ticket okay for travel as a student?
Yes it is..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
Congrats
TELENOVENA:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
Print a statement showing the past 31 days, shikena so long as the fund needed is there.
My candid advise, don't use Super priority if you had a refusal before.
You won't get a decision in 24hours.
favor100:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by favor100: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Zoey1:
Print a statement showing the past 31 days, shikena so long as the fund needed is there.
My candid advise, don't use Super priority if you had a refusal before.
You won't get a decision in 24hours.

Thanks zoey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by favor100: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Flawlessheyi:

1, I think is advisable you use SOA,you used in getting your CAS provided it was not printed later than 30days prior to your application, and if you will be using 3 month SOA,your account balance should not be less required amount within the 3momths

2,No you can apply for SPV ,but, TLS advise applicants with visa refusal to apply for standard visa.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.