Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340829 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

How much?
N52,000.its no longer N35,000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alizenbohr: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Nursery? Are you going with a child?

Not at all. I meant bursary; Auto-correct did it.
Awaiting your reply.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

N52,000.its no longer N35,000

So you rather pay £1000 to get an English language lesson or approximately £200 for IELTS certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2016
alizenbohr:
Hello Justwise,

I applied for a Tier 4 visa and just got a refusal notice yesterday.
The summary of the reason is as follows:

1. I'm expected to show evidence of £9135 for maintenance fees.

2. My sponsor (university) offered me a full scholarship for tuition and maintenance bursery of £6000 per annum.

3. According to the new UKVI rule, "... the maximum amount that can be deducted from maintenance fee requirement is £1265, even if I have paid more than £1265 for accommodation. Hence I must show I have £7870".

4. My mistake: I gave evidence of having just above £3135 (9135 - 6000) as my account balance in my application because:

5. I thought the above regulation (in 3) applied only to accommodation fees and not when maintenance bursary is being provided by the sponsor.

6. I have an option for an administrative review and have been advised (by someone) to pay in the remaining money into my account ASAP first.

7. I have informed my school but because of the Easter break will have to wait till Tuesday b4 anything is done about it.

I have been going through the AR guidance & I have some questions.

Questions:

1. I would like to ask your opinion about this matter and how you think I can present my case.

2. Since the money I would pay in will not be in the account up to 28 days b4 the review, do you think it will count against me?

3. Will the source of the money of such bulk payment be questioned?

I would appreciate your reply.
Apologies for the epistle.
Thanks.

Was it explicitly stated in your CAS or a letter that your scholarship covers your school fees and the maintenance money?

If yes then your calculation is right and you can go for AR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

So you rather pay £1000 to get an English language lesson or approximately £200 for IELTS certificate?

No that's not what am saying. I just advised him to try other schools. if he goes through the school representative I bet that school will waive that ielts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

No that's not what am saying. I just advised him to try other schools. if he goes through the school representative I bet that school will waive that ielts.

Why would the school rep waive it and the school can't?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Why would the school rep waive it and the school can't?

the school will waive it when the school representative notifies them that they are acting as the middle man.
university of east anglia did it for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

the school will waive it when the school representative notifies them.

That is misleading. School will not waive jack because their rep notifies them.

Is either you met the English language requirement or you don't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

That is misleading. School will not waive jack because their rep notifies them.

Is either you met the English language requirement or you don't.

university of east anglia did it for me but I wont mention the representative that assisted since its not allowed here.

that is if they have not giving you your cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

university of east anglia did it for me but I wont mention the representative that assisted since its not allowed here.

that is if they have not giving you your cas

Dude my point is that..if you are asked to provide an English language test certificate by the university their rep has can not override that decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Dude my point is that..if you are asked to provide an English language test certificate by the university their rep has can not override that decision.

that's why I used my own experience.nobody is overriding.
like you said we should not talk about school representative and I gave the guy an advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alizenbohr: 10:30am On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Was it explicitly stated in your CAS or a letter that your scholarship covers your school fees and the maintenance money?

If yes then your calculation is right and you can go for AR.

Yes, in my CAS document and offer letter:
School fees paid.
Maintenance bursary award of £6000.

My main issue is that the Tier 4 document and paragraph 245ZY of immigration rules talks about max. accommodation fees amounting to £1265, but my school is actually paying maintenance fees .

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but can you please shed some light on the difference between accommodation, maintenance & living costs?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
alizenbohr:

Yes, in my CAS document and offer letter:
School fees paid.
Maintenance bursary award of £6000.

My main issue is that the Tier 4 document and paragraph 245ZY of immigration rules talks about max. accommodation fees amounting to £1265, but my school is actually paying maintenance fees .

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but can you please shed some light on the difference between accommodation, maintenance & living costs?

Thank you.

No difference, they are the same thing. The maintenance money covers all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alizenbohr: 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

No difference, they are the same thing. The maintenance money covers all.

ok.

I just wonder why they specify accommodation fees in the T4 guidance but disregard the fact that the sponsor is not providing accommodation for me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
alizenbohr:

ok.

I just wonder why they specify accommodation fees in the T4 guidance but disregard the fact that the sponsor is not providing accommodation for me?

Apart from the accommodation you don't make deposit for anything else with your maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alizenbohr: 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Apart from the accommodation you don't make deposit for anything else with your maintenance money.

Ok, I see.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
alizenbohr:

Ok, I see.
Thanks

Please sir, how did you pay for your fees? trying to find the cheapest (close to the CBN official rate) method for my cousin.

cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alizenbohr: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
OlowoB:

Please sir, how did you pay for your fees? trying to find the cheapest (close to the CBN official rate) method for my cousin.

cheers

I'm on a scholarship, no fees paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
alizenbohr:

I'm on a scholarship, no fees paid.

ok cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

Don't waste your £1000, get your IELTS in Nigeria before applying for visa.

Asking you to pay £1000 for 2 months English language course is criminal.

What if i can afford and willing to pay the 1k pound?

I just wanna know if it will affect my visa process or denial.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

IELTS is very expensive now in Nigeria

Yea! I think its even preferable to go that side to do the english pre sessional for that price, if i can do exchange at bank rate than to do IELTS again here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

why don't you look for schools that don't need ielts?

and the good thing about uk schs you can apply to serval schs without application fee.

Most of these schs that request for ielts just want you to go through an agent and they will waive the ielts

The school gave me just exactly what i wanted ( one year topup in petroleum and gas) which most schools are not ready to give. And im dealing with the school directly without any agent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
justwise:

I think the choice should be mine. What if i can afford to pay the money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
crazydove:

Im dealing directly with the school. I think the IELTS is part of the requirement for embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
Luggi007:

I think the choice should be mine. What if i can afford to pay the money?

Sorry boss I'm not trying to make the choice for you, was only answering question. Yes the choice is yours.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Luggi007:

Im dealing directly with the school. I think the IELTS is part of the requirement for embassy.

IELTS is a requirement by universities. It would be very dumb of you to take an English lesson from the same university and take the exam rather than just taking the exam right now.
Unless ofcourse you're not proficient in English, which a two months course still won't help you with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 3:07am On Mar 26, 2016
justwise:

Sorry boss I'm not trying to make the choice for you, was only answering question. Yes the choice is yours.

Good luck.

Mr. Wise, i dont mean to be rude oo pls. My point is that what if i can afford the money and willing to do the pre-session course, will it affect my chance of having visa or have problem when i processing for it. Just seeking for your idea.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2016
spikesC:

IELTS is a requirement by universities. It would be very dumb of you to take an English lesson from the same university and take the exam rather than just taking the exam right now.
Unless ofcourse you're not proficient in English, which a two months course still won't help you with it

Luggi007:

Mr. Wise, i dont mean to be rude oo pls. My point is that what if i can afford the money and willing to do the pre-session course, will it affect my chance of having visa or have problem when i processing for it. Just seeking for your idea.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hi house, please I intend to study for my MSc which I got a Conditional Offer for mid September this year.
My problem is my transcript and certificate.
My transcript will be out sometime in July but my school only gives certificate in January convocation, so my question is do you think I will have enough time to get an unconditional offer after I send my transcript in July, pay my fees, get my CAS and apply for my visa and begin my program in mid September. And must I send my transcript and certificate or can I use only the transcript?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Iziy: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Justwise, I hope you are doing well and happy Easter; I need some clarification please

I am attending a 2 day conference in Liverpool that will be financed by my organization.
I have just returned from the UK at the expiry of my tier4 visa.
I am not on Salary but on commission. In the employment and finance page of the visa application, where salary is indicated, what do you recommend that i put in the blank space. Also i would want to stay for 2 weeks do i indicate it also in the application?
Can I use the organizations account statement as the only financial statement in my application.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hello @justwise, I have sent my AR since march 9, and received an acknowledgment email one minute later.
I have read that it takes 28 days , is it working days or calendar days?

It's very stressful!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
Liloupazzo:
Hello @justwise, I have sent my AR since march 9, and received an acknowledgment email one minute later.
I have read that it takes 28 days , is it working days or calendar days?
It's very stressful!

Take it as Working days, And add on a few days extra for Easter holiday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.