Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336585 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by caleb00(m): 12:42am On Dec 17, 2019
God bless you for sharing this

Nedu20:
Biometrics and interview done...

VAC Ikeja.

Questions asked;
1. Name and date of birth
2. Name of school
3. Name of course
4. Why the course?
5. How the course fit into your future plan
6. Why the school?
7. Why UK?

Interview lasted about 15mins. You have to talk slowly as he/she is typing your answers as you say them.
The person that interviewed me is very friendly.
Waiting patiently for the end result.

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by funk: 12:59am On Dec 17, 2019
Josephalex:
My biometrics was on the 9th of December 2019 with super priority package, I was called on phone for interview on the 12th of December (25 minutes call) and today 16th December I received the collection mail in the morning and collected it in the afternoon..VISA ISSUED.. ALL GLORY BE TO GOD.

Congrats.... Have you been refused a visa before? can you please share the questions asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Risazii: 1:59am On Dec 17, 2019
Going in February for PhD though
Josephalex:
Anyone going to Northumbria university Newcastle campus this January 2020 for project management with advanced practice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:09am On Dec 17, 2019
If you are not doing same course with him or her and same start and end dates.
Get Super Priority details on UKVI site or this thread.
caleb00:

Good day, if you don't mind, how much is super priority in naira and i mean visa fee included and ish... basically how much did u spend for everything
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2019
Good day everyone, please I need answers to be sure of what i'm doing.

I'm currently in the process of applying for Masters in Public health in University of Derby, UK.

While browsing today, I saw a comment that students on tier 4 visa will not be allowed to work and once you are done with the program, you will be shown the exit door.
You won't be allowed extension of stay.

Please is this true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2019
Where did you get this information? Is it from a reliable source because as far as I am aware they are planning to bring back the post graduate visa and Students are allowed to work 20 hours a week.

CTGVenturesFCT:

I'm currently in the process of applying for Masters in Public health in University of Derby, UK.

While browsing today, I saw a comment that students on tier 4 visa will not be allowed to work and once you are done with the program, you will be shown the exit door.

Please is this true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by brashear: 7:40am On Dec 17, 2019
Hello good people, someone recommended Ulster university data science program to me. I checked the website and I found a Nigerian number for further enquiries. I'm confused, how is that possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2019
Congratulations

BTW do they interview all students before granting them tier 4 visa now or they pick randomly

Josephalex:
My biometrics was on the 9th of December 2019 with super priority package, I was called on phone for interview on the 12th of December (25 minutes call) and today 16th December I received the collection mail in the morning and collected it in the afternoon..VISA ISSUED.. ALL GLORY BE TO GOD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2019
Ulster university seems to be one of the cheapest universities around as its registered as a charity organisation. Data science is studied at the Magee campus, one of the 6 campuses mentioned in their website. I advise u consider the APPLIED Data Science as it Comes with placement (pls confirm from the uni)
Find below their contact details

Magee Campus

Ulster University
Northland Road
Londonderry
Co. Londonderry
BT48 7JL

Tel: +44 (0)28 7012 3456

brashear:
Hello good people, someone recommended Ulster university data science program to me. I checked the website and I found a Nigerian number for further enquiries. I'm confused, how is that possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by brashear: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2019
omopapa:
Ulster university seems to be one of the cheapest universities around as its registered as a charity organisation. Data science is studied at the Magee campus, one of the 6 campuses mentioned in their website. I advise u consider the APPLIED Data Science as it Comes with placement (pls confirm from the uni)
Find below their contact details

Magee Campus

Ulster University
Northland Road
Londonderry
Co. Londonderry
BT48 7JL

Tel: +44 (0)28 7012 3456

Thank you so much sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2019
Josephalex:
Congratulations, Please what was asked on the phone interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Josephalex: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2019
funk:

Congrats.... Have you been refused a visa before? can you please share the questions asked.
YES, I HAVE BEEN REFUSED CANADIAN VISA BEFORE..
THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ACTUALLY DEPEND ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE INDIVIDUAL BUT YOU MUST SAY YOUR NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND HOW THE COURSE RELATE TO YOUR CAREER GOALS.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alegria07: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2019
Thank you i just did this and it shows that it's yet to be sent to the VAC.

This is Day 6 for priority service tho.

Abiscoco:

Log in to your application. Go to provide biometrics and upload documents. Click on it and it will redirect you to tls. On tls, you will see the track button. Press it and you'll know what stage your application is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinlin: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
Josephalex:

YES, I HAVE BEEN REFUSED CANADIAN VISA BEFORE..
THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ACTUALLY DEPEND ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE INDIVIDUAL BUT YOU MUST SAY YOUR NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND HOW THE COURSE RELATE TO YOUR CAREER GOALS.
Wow! So it really doesn’t matter if you’ve been refused a visa before. Although I read online that it isn’t advisable to use priority or super priority service if you’ve been refused a visa previously. Thank God for that o because I have also been refused Canadian visa.
So I can go ahead to use the priority service then :-)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2019
Good Morning Guys, please I'm confused..I submitted my application on the 25th November, I did my biometrics and interview the same day but today makes it the 17th working day and I haven't received any email. I did standard, when I tracked it..it's showing me it's still at the DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Plus21: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2019
please is there anyone already studying masters at RGU here... Pls let's link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
alegria07:
Thank you i just did this and it shows that it's yet to be sent to the VAC.

This is Day 6 for priority service tho.

So it is still on the 3rd step?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walexy5050(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Risazii:
Going in February for PhD though
Going for PhD in April too in University of Central Lancashire.
Do you have a supervisor already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Plus21:
please is there anyone already studying masters at RGU here... Pls let's link up
I'm going to RGU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Risazii: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yes I do, they interviewed me before offering the admission
walexy5050:

Going for PhD in April too in University of Central Lancashire.
Do you have a supervisor already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Xtension18:
Good Morning Guys, please I'm confused..I submitted my application on the 25th November, I did my biometrics and interview the same day but today makes it the 17th working day and I haven't received any email. I did standard, when I tracked it..it's showing me it's still at the DMC
please guys I need your advice on what to do....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alegria07: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
I have University of Aberdeen so same city.

Plus21:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alegria07: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yes and it's past the 5 days period for priority.

Abiscoco:

So it is still on the 3rd step?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
alegria07:
Yes and it's past the 5 days period for priority.

Just have a little patient.

You see someone who did super priority that just testified that his/her own is out after 7 days... Super priority...

I think maybe it's because of the festive season, but just be patient.

You did priority means your own will be taken upfront when .asking decision to compare to others that didn't do priority or super priority. And these days many people are now doing priority, so chill, it'd come out... Positively

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nodicrix: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Good day gurus, pls my school has refused to issue me a CAS after I have made deposit and submitted bank statements. They said the class is full and I am on a waiting list pending if someone cancels their admission. I am considering requesting for a refund of the deposit so that I can make payment into another school that has already given me admission. My friends think I should wait till the time frame for the waiting list is exhausted which is 2 weeks from now. But by then it may be too short to pursue CAS and Visa for the other school which also resumes in January. What do you guys think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nodicrix:
Good day gurus, pls my school has refused to issue me a CAS after I have made deposit and submitted bank statements. They said the class is full and I am on a waiting list pending if someone cancels their admission. I am considering requesting for a refund of the deposit so that I can make payment into another school that has already given me admission. My friends think I should wait till the time frame for the waiting list is exhausted which is 2 weeks from now. But by then it may be too short to pursue CAS and Visa for the other school which also resumes in January. What do you guys think?

is this a top 5 school ............ if not then very annoying . i wont put all my eggs in one basket if i were you. except if you really must attend that school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
It looks like it’s getting late already for January start considering the Xmas holidays and the time it takes to complete the refund.

Consider both unis and the cities (living expenses). If you decide to take a refund u might be looking at using a super priority service assuming your course start date in January is on the 20th or 27th.

Also if refund is coming to a Nigerian account it will take some time’s to reflect and bank charges too will apply

Nodicrix:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nodicrix:

September 2020 is not as far away as you think.
But if you MUST go to school this January.

I am guessing you still have all the funds and everything.
Look for money somewhere and pay deposit into your option B school account.
Convince your ‘option B’ school (which have already given you admission’ to issue you a CAS before Friday this week.
You are good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walexy5050(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Please can you follow me so I can discuss somethings with you...I already follow you.
Thanks
Risazii:
Yes I do, they interviewed me before offering the admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nodicrix:

What University? Teesside? Check Birmingham City University for your course, they resume in February. Also, Bedfordshire has March entry.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CTGVenturesFCT(f): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
omopapa:
Where did you get this information? Is it from a reliable source because as far as I am aware they are planning to bring back the post graduate visa and Students are allowed to work 20 hours a week.

Its actually here on nairaland and on one UK school website. I was so worried. Thanks alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
CTGVenturesFCT:

Please is this true?

Yes this is the currently process , however in Sept a change was announced which will take effect for anyone graduating after May 2021

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.