Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vik15: 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
hello everyone.
please I want to know if it's possible for Nigerians to get admission in UK universities for just pgdip and thereafter get visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is simple mathematics.
When you pay for Super priority and still get called for interview you are definitely not getting a decision in 24hours and if its not straight it might extend.
Its your details that its been checked not theirs and if they don't check properly you applicants would still complain.
You need to be patient.
popplm:
I paid for super priority and had my biometrics on 13th of December and called for interview yesterday 23/12. No update as at now. This is a general problem and I think it's affecting everyone no matter your package, even if its supreme super priority.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is a hasty generalization!
UKVI does a thorough job on visa applications plus if you feels you got a decision you don't deserve you can file appeal or administrative review in which another officer handles the case.
US does not give you that luxury.
That being said, these people have application from all over the world, in that same one Home Office, Tier 4 is not the only visa the handle.
If ever had an interview did you listen to the things going on at the background in Sheffield?
Several other officer having interviews, people moving from this and that cubicle, sitting in 60secs and standing up the next.
They are very busy and I really give it up to them in comparison to US Consulate officers.
Plus this is a holiday period they have families too, alot of people are travelling this season, relocating also and then January resumption.
And lastly its not their fault that you put in your application at this busy season.
Don't get yourself worked up, relax and be in good mind awaiting your feedback.

LagosismyHome:

i think UKVI is lazy in processing application this xmas period so those who paid for priority are getting the "not staightfoward application " to cover up for them to turning it around quickly. Annoying because these priority paid a premium for it and are not getting any faster service

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Complain about what? To who?
You are yet to get a decision because they need to get more information about your application, its that simple.

ThatEngr:
Good morning all.
@Kode12 I'm having same issue with you, regards the "not straightforward application".
Please has anyone scaled through this before? Do we wait their decision or we need to make complaints to them? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sefa2018: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Pardon my ignorance..new to this thread. With regard to the 28-day rule. Do you have to run the account like US embassy requires or they just require money sitting in account for 28 days regardless of the source. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
Just keep it for 28days.
Sefa2018:
Pardon my ignorance..new to this thread. With regard to the 28-day rule. Do you have to run the account like US embassy requires or they just require money sitting in account for 28 days regardless of the source. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannycrane77: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2019
compliment of the season guys. My cousin has her date of entry on the 27th December. She has booked the flight for 27th . But her school resumes 3rd of February. Hope she won’t have a problem at the point of entry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ThatEngr: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Zoey1:
Complain about what? To who?
You are yet to get a decision because they need to get more information about your application, its that simple.

So does that mean one should expect a call from them to give more informations about one's application to them? Or the decision is going to be taken without providing them with the info they sought
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 26, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2019
dannycrane77:
compliment of the season guys. My cousin has her date of entry on the 27th December. She has booked the flight for 27th . But her school resumes 3rd of February. Hope she won’t have a problem at the point of entry.
You can only enter one month before the course start date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2019
Whatever their decision it will be communicated to your via mail or a progress on your tracking.
ThatEngr:

So does that mean one should expect a call from them to give more informations about one's application to them? Or the decision is going to be taken without providing them with the info they sought
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2019
She won't have any issues.
Good to go.
dannycrane77:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chinlin: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2019
kode12:

You can only enter one month before the course start date.
2 weeks or a week to nko?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2019
Chinlin:
2 weeks or a week to nko?
You cannot enter earlier than a month to program start.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by James150: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
please I have a couple of questions.

1. Please can a freshly graduate of college of nursing school November or December 2019
Get to the UK and get a job 2020
2. Can you work and complete your bsn nursing in one year
3. Can you go to the UK to do the 1 year nursing rn to bsc on campus and be working as a nurse.

In summary please I want to go to the UK to obtain my bsn nursing in 1 year and still be working and save some money somehow while doing it....I dont just dont want to go to the UK and do bsn nursing and come back like that i have a sponsor to the UK and even for the bsn nursing course.
My target is to obtain my bsn nursing in the UK in one 1 and be working while doing it to save some money too of my own...because the bsn nursing will make me eligible for the four 4 years MD(MBBS) course in Philippines....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ThatEngr: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
akinbo3:

If they Call good, if they don't calm down...
Don't worry yourself with unnecessary stress
You are not the only one in this situation!
They are doing their job with consideration...

The only thing you need to do PENDING/AWAITING an outcome is you should keep Praying.
I wish u the best of luck.

Thanks, appreciate!
Compliments of the season! �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ThatEngr: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
Zoey1:
Whatever their decision it will be communicated to your via mail or a progress on your tracking.

Okay dear, thanks.. �Compliments of the season �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
James150:
please I have a couple of questions.

1. Please can a freshly graduate of college of nursing school November or December 2019
Get to the UK and get a job 2020
2. Can you work and complete your bsn nursing in one year
3. Can you go to the UK to do the 1 year nursing rn to bsc on campus and be working as a nurse.

In summary please I want to go to the UK to obtain my bsn nursing in 1 year and still be working and save some money somehow while doing it....I dont just dont want to go to the UK and do bsn nursing and come back like that i have a sponsor to the UK and even for the bsn nursing course.
My target is to obtain my bsn nursing in the UK in one 1 and be working while doing it to save some money too of my own...because the bsn nursing will make me eligible for the four 4 years MD(MBBS) course in Philippines....

I think you are focused on work and not to study.

Hence, get valuable Nursing experience and be professionally registered with Nursing and Midwifery Professionals (NMCN https://www.nmcn.gov.ng/).

After this, you can try your luck with working in the UK. Follow this link to learn more and ask further questions:

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working/112
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fatsoul: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Merry Xmas my ppl..I wana confirm how much i will pay for IHS for a 1year MSc program..I saw 450£ online..n 300£here ..pls my ppl help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 12:21am On Dec 27, 2019
Fatsoul:
Merry Xmas my ppl..I wana confirm how much i will pay for IHS for a 1year MSc program..I saw 450£ online..n 300£here ..pls my ppl help
£300 since you are applying for tier 4 ( student visa)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2019
Fatsoul:
450 seems right. 300 for a year, but your visa will be longer that 12months, maybe 14-16 months or so, that's the extra 150 on top. That's what I read anyways, I'm sure the seniors can explain better.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2019
kode12:

450 seems right. 300 for a year, but your visa will be longer that 12months, maybe 14-16 months or so, that's the extra 150 on top. That's what I read anyways, I'm sure the seniors can explain better.
best you delete this misleading information...£300 per year ( courses 13 months or less)...for tier 4 it's reduced health surcharge... Google is your friend...I paid £600 for 16 months course @£300 per year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fatsoul: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2019
Thanks for ur response ..God bless u..also I want to include my mother in-law as one of my dependants even tho she’s not traveling with me right now ...am I safe ..thrs a place in the visa form where Dey asked to include those traveling with u and those not traveling with u and also those who depend on u financially..pls advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2019
BelleQ:
best you delete this misleading information...£300 per year ( courses 13 months or less)...for tier 4 it's reduced health surcharge... Google is your friend...I paid £600 for 16 months course @£300 per year

It very simple .... there is an official website where it can easily be calculated instead of speculation or saying someone should delete comments . a course for that duration then 450 is correct

Source

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

It very simple .... there is an official website where it can easily be calculated instead of speculation or saying someone should delete comments . a course for that duration then 450 is correct

Source

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
for tier 4 it's £300 per year...and not £450 which obviously is for other visa types...now clarity is needed for health surcharge for student tier 4 visa...
Hence my statement of delete to avoid misleading...
I paid £600 for 16 months @300 per year for MSc course..I cannot state this more categorically that the earlier £450(£300+£150 statement ) is misleading to the context in question...
Google again is your friend..and this time be specific in ur search!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2019
BelleQ:
for tier 4 it's £300 per year...and not £450 which obviously is for other visa types...now clarity is needed for health surcharge for student tier 4 visa...
Hence my statement of delete to avoid misleading...
I paid £600 for 16 months @300 per year for MSc course..I cannot state this more categorically that the earlier £450(£300+£150 statement ) is misleading to the context in question...
Google again is your friend..and this time be specific in ur search!!!

@bold

grin I too know is terrible .... it inhibit your ability to learn. You can never be more accurate than the official source calculator. The ihs website has calculated the cost to be 450 for a twelve month program tier 4 student Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2019
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/how-much-pay

This is me being benevolent and helping a friend out�

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

grin I too know is terrible .... it inhibit your ability to learn. You can never be more accurate than the official source. The ihs website has calculated the cost to be 450 for a twelve month program student Visa.
It didn't calculate anything rather the person saw online @£450 and hence asked question for clarity...don't assume...as long as u have a course more than 13 months u paying extra £300...
The IHS for student is subsidized @ £300...this is fact not I too know( shallow when you don't have facts!!)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2019
BelleQ:

It didn't calculate anything rather the person saw online @£450 and hence asked question for clarity...don't assume...as long as u have a course more than 13 months u paying extra £300...
The IHS for student is subsidized @ £300...this is fact not I too know( shallow when you don't have facts!!)

You didnt understand the question.... it is correct 450 for a one year master program . No MSC will pay less than that

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.