Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,100 members, 7,867,164 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1351064 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liljumy: 1:18am On Jan 14, 2020
Liljumy:
Congrats to everyone who have gotten their visas.
Please, i intend applying for tier 4 visa for April entry. I have all the documents required but
I have been denied visit visa to UK November last year.
Wanted to go for Xmas and use the opportunity to check out schools but I didn’t mention the school part in my application.
Hope it won’t be an issue because of the previous denial ?
Do you advise I try another country or I can still go on with UK

N.B: I’m going for masters
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bisi16(m): 2:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Criptonyte:
Visa granted!!!
Submitted on 1st Dec Biometrics and Interview on 6th Dec Sent to Sheffield on 6th Dec Received in Sheffield DMC on 14th Dec Decision made on 9th Jan. Collection mail on 10th Jan. Courier return on13th Jan.
Thanks everyone
Congratulations. Please when u say interview, is it face to face interview? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sen2paco: 3:36am On Jan 14, 2020
bisi16:

Congratulations. Please when u say interview, is it face to face interview?
Thanks

Usually video call like Skype, but on some occasions like in some superpriority applications they might give you a phone call ie phone interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by quille11: 6:20am On Jan 14, 2020
Hello guys,
Great work y'all doing here
Please i need honest answers to these questions?
- Is it possible to obtain a favourable tuition payment plan from UK schools such that after the initial 50% deposit you can balance up before the expiration of that particular study year(Masters deg)

- Can the 20 hours per week assist one in meeting up with tuition balance and other expenses even though you have family in uk who is ready to accomodate you throughout period of study?

Your honest answers will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Criptonyte: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2020
quille11:
Hello guys,
- Is it possible to obtain a favourable tuition payment plan from UK schools such that after the initial 50% deposit you can balance up before the expiration of that particular study year(Masters deg)

- Can the 20 hours per week assist one in meeting up with tuition balance and other expenses even though you have family in uk who is ready to accomodate you throughout period of study?

You need to confirm from the school as different schools have different policies.

Some schools requires that you pay 25- 35% before CAS is given, and payment of another 25- 35% before the start of your course leaving you with the option of paying the rest during the course of your program and paid max in 3 instalments while some schools give options of paying your tuition in 5 to 9 instalments.

Working to pay for the remainder of your tuition is possible also depending on how quick you are in getting a job and the volume of money left after your initial payments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ChiefDaddy1: 7:08am On Jan 14, 2020
omopapa:
I doubt if there’s any thread for tier 2 on here but what is it you want to know

Wow Thanks. I want to know how to go about getting a job in the Uk as a geotechnical engineer as I found it as an occupation in demand. No response to all jobs I have applied please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bisi16(m): 7:23am On Jan 14, 2020
sen2paco:

Usually video call like Skype, but on some occasions like in some superpriority applications they might give you a phone call ie phone interview
Wow! Never knew this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 8:49am On Jan 14, 2020
sen2paco:

I meant outcome on visa application. She did biometrics (priority) on the 3rd of Jan but received the non straightforward mail on wedsday
Alright. I hope it comes out soon and positively.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Seuntolaa: 9:05am On Jan 14, 2020
justwise:

It may not be an issue as the CAS has the correct date.

Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Seuntolaa: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2020
justwise:

Wouldn't that be too late considering the fact that she is expecting the outcome on Monday?

Okay. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone. Is there anyone here that did priority visa at VI VAC on Dec 19th that has gotten his or her passport. I’m worried mine is still at DMC and I haven’t heard anything again since then. I contacted UKVI on the 3rd via email and they said it was still awaiting decision as of then and that if I don’t get a response on Friday 10th I should contact them again to escalate my application. Now does it mean I have to pay again to contact them or rather reply their previous email as I have paid before. I’m quite confused here because its taking much more longer than I had thought it would be. Is there anyone else in my shoes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sen2paco: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2020
kode12:

Alright. I hope it comes out soon and positively.

Thanks. Did you get a mail from the uni that ur CAS status has changed to USED at any point during ur visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lateef9699: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2020
quille11:
Hello guys,

You can check out University of lincoln, after the initial 50% payment, you can spread the remaining 50% over the next 9 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
sen2paco:

Thanks. Did you get a mail from the uni that ur CAS status has changed to USED at any point during ur visa application?
Yes I did. I think that was the day the decision was made. I'd like to believe if the CAS is used, then the visa has been granted, but that's my personal opinion. If you just got that mail, you're probably going to receive the passport in the next few days. Mine came 4days after.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2020
2 major things is likely the cause of it

1. Your geographical location

2. Your personal Statement.

When applying for jobs especially in the UK make sure u read the job description and person specification. Then write a personal statement tailored to address the key points in the PS and JD.

During interview selection the software or sometimes the person shortlisting only picks applications that matches with the JD and PS.

ChiefDaddy1:

Wow Thanks. I want to know how to go about getting a job in the Uk as a geotechnical engineer as I found it as an occupation in demand. No response to all jobs I have applied please help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liljumy: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Liljumy:
Congrats to everyone who have gotten their visas.
Please, i intend applying for tier 4 visa for April entry. I have all the documents required but
I have been denied visit visa to UK November last year.
Wanted to go for Xmas and use the opportunity to check out schools but I didn’t mention the school part in my application.
Hope it won’t be an issue because of the previous denial ?
Do you advise I try another country or I can still go on with UK

Please house, I will really appreciate a reply to this. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2020
University of Wolverhampton for example allows a flexible payment plan, infact u can negotiate with them how you want to spread the balance across and as long as u keep up with the payments and don’t miss any deadline your good to go.

If you get free accommodation more than half of ur prob is solved. However working 20 hours a week won’t be enough to make as much money to pay tuition balance.

quille11:
Hello guys,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Meraldola: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2020
Please those who travel with dependants to the UK. How do you sort out accommodation issues. I've been having issues for two months now trying to let. How do I pass credibility , referencing and affordability checks . I don't have a credit history bc I'm new in the Uk and my partner is yet to get a job for the Affordability checks. Pls advise is needed on how to quickly secure a job and sort out housing issues too
Cc: justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaLiberty(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
To God be the Glory!
Visa granted.

Had my biometrics on the 16th of December using standard application
E-mail from Sheffield on the 21st December but did not state that application would be delayed.
Collection mail on the 13th of January.

This is to encourage everyone waiting for theirs that God will fast track yours too.

Many thanks to everyone that responded to my queries. God bless you all, amen.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ChiefDaddy1: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
omopapa:
2 major things is likely the cause of it

1. Your geographical location

2. Your personal Statement.

When applying for jobs especially in the UK make sure u read the job description and person specification. Then write a personal statement tailored to address the key points in the PS and JD.

During interview selection the software or sometimes the person shortlisting only picks applications that matches with the JD and PS.

I am in Nigeria ooo. How feasible is it to get a job from naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sen2paco: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
OlaLiberty:
To God be the Glory!
Visa granted.

Had my biometrics on the 16th of December using standard application
E-mail from Sheffield on the 21st December but did not state that application would be delayed.
Collection mail on the 13th of January.

This is to encourage everyone waiting for theirs that God will fast track yours too.

Many thanks to everyone that responded to my queries. God bless you all, amen.

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by H0tbabe: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Can you please stop derailing this thread and help us focus on the topic, u mustn't answer everything, I too know no good, thanks.
omopapa:
University of Wolverhampton for example allows a flexible payment plan, infact u can negotiate with them how you want to spread the balance across and as long as u keep up with the payments and don’t miss any deadline your good to go.

If you get free accommodation more than half of ur prob is solved. However working 20 hours a week won’t be enough to make as much money to pay tuition balance.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timileyin20: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello guys, Please who knows the process of collecting ones passport through a courier service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Megadixh: 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
Greetings gurus.
I would like to apply for a top up degree in UK. Please can anybody kindly recommend schools for me. I have HND mechanical engineering.
Also if all things go as planned can my spouse go with me as dependent?
Please gurus help me out!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello H0tbabe,

I’m sorry that you feel intimidated by my vast knowledge gathered from personal experience.

I only reply to questions that I knw for sure what I’m talking about and I support them with examples. Not in any way have I deviated from the questions asked.

I hope you find what you came here for so you can go MIA like your predecessors.

Warm regards.
Omopapa

H0tbabe:
Can you please stop derailing this thread and help us focus on the topic, u mustn't answer everything, I too know no good, thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
H0tbabe:

Is this comment necessary ......... This thread is all about sharing experiences and Information which guides people and help them make informed decision because they come to the UK. The most valuable comments are not from generic google but someone who is here as experience is the best teacher

it is important that it is factual and not just what you want to hear . You rather be told lies and get stuck in the UK ?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Most landlords will accept council tax letter from uni with ur data page of international passport and a month rent deposit. Try gumtree, SpareRoom or even fb market place for vacancies in ur area.

You can also get references from your student union rep or personal tutor in uni

Meraldola:
Please those who travel with dependants to the UK. How do you sort out accommodation issues. I've been having issues for two months now trying to let. How do I pass credibility , referencing and affordability checks . I don't have a credit history bc I'm new in the Uk and my partner is yet to get a job for the Affordability checks. Pls advise is needed on how to quickly secure a job and sort out housing issues too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by NomzyJust(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please what are the job prospects for an Environmentalist in Middlesbrough and Scotland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sen2paco: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
kode12:

Yes I did. I think that was the day the decision was made. I'd like to believe if the CAS is used, then the visa has been granted, but that's my personal opinion. If you just got that mail, you're probably going to receive the passport in the next few days. Mine came 4days after.

Thank you for your response and optimism.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Meraldola:

You shouldn't need any of those an a foreign student, where do you do your search?And where about in the UK are you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Roverguy: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
Gurus in the house, i have two questions
1) my wife secured an admission to the UK, i hope myself and the 2 kids can go with her as dependents?
2) i was denied visiting visa to the UK in July last year, i hope this will not be a hindrance for me ?

i will appreciate responses to this. God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DammyDurst(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good day boss, I intend applying for Masters in Information Systems/ Analytics in Business in the UK/Ireland against September. As a matter of fact, I already have an offer from Aston. I would really like to know what the job prospects for the aforementioned course looks like in the UK. Your response should go a long way in my decision making coupled with my own research.

Thank you...
omopapa:
Yes, very well. The rise in the logistics business in the last few years has increased a lot.

However, because most of these companies are either startups or aren’t big enough to meet up with home office demand for tier 2 visas, you will have to be EXTREMELY good and have a super rich CV to have them want to go all in with u to the Home office.

On the plus side, if u intend starting on your own, that’s a good business niche to follow even better if u have certificates to back it up.

Starting on ur own for just business only ur looking at £10-15k but for the purpose of entrepreneur visa, ur looking at £50-60k (only proof of this fund is required for 3 months I guess)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.