Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics (51612 Views)

99% Will Fail This Simple Logic, I Swear / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. / 95% Of Nairalander Will Fail This,picx. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bandeco:

U are laughably wrong... U just made me laugh so hard to ease stress.. My friend did u study maths at all.
So - 3+3=6? Lol
3+9-3+3
=3+9+0= 12 QED

Av warned him he no hear,tell him make he hear wella
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by tgmservice: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
adedayor08:
na wao i pity this generation how does 6 or 12 became the answer.

later u will abuse buhari
3+3*3-3+3
6*3
I pity you

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by erusen: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chynx:
Addition and subtraction must be grouped together at all time! In the case below; the multiplication sign serves as a barrier between two different entities.

Therefore; 3+3×3-3+3 should be represented thus:

(3+3) × (3-3+3)
= (6) × (3)
= 18 QED.

Most people have arrived at 12 as their final answers...which simply reflects the 95% failure rate.

Note: Mathematics is what I do for a living.
see oh I don die abeg use calculator first
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Akamo5(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
HyDef:

Just cuz it's what you do for a living ain't mean you're right. Cuz you ain't! It's 12.

No point arguing though. Been there, done that.
u are even wrong
d ans=6
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Bandeco(m): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chynx:
Addition and subtraction must be grouped together at all time! In the case below; the multiplication sign serves as a barrier between two different entities.

Therefore; 3+3×3-3+3 should be represented thus:

(3+3) × (3-3+3)
= (6) × (3)
= 18 QED.

Most people have arrived at 12 as their final answers...which simply reflects the 95% failure rate.

Note: Mathematics is what I do for a living.
Mathematics is what u do for a living.... Lmao
If indeed u teach mathematics then u must be teaching ur pupils /students quack mathematics. I wish I know ur employer I would av petition him/her to fire u..

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by themharcqk(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
I think it's 18.. but then again I don't understand this BODMAS thing u'll be talking bout ...

Whoever posted ds shud give d answer.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bandeco:

U are laughably wrong... U just made me laugh so hard to ease stress.. My friend did u study maths at all.
So - 3+3=6? Lol
3+9-3+3
=3+9+0= 12 QED

Smh. U belong to the 95%mate. Go back to your Lacombes Arithmetic.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by airsaylongcon: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

If you studied Larcombe's (brown, orange and green) you won't classify that post as belonging to the 95%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by 400billionman: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

Yea right
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

He is 100% correct,go back to primary school and learn elementary mathematics.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by HyDef(m): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Akamo5:
u are even wrong
d ans=6

This is one of numerous threads of this type on Nairaland. Those involving mathematical equations involving BODMAS.

No matter how many times I work it out, or you work it out, we'll keep disagreeing.

You somehow applied - 3 + 3 = 6. It's not - (3+3).

Well... I guess you can use math resources on the Internet. Those are neutral and impartial. Entering the equation into Google for example will give you 12.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Bandeco(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

U must be a Dullard if u still not convince that u goof big time... I expected u to hide ur head in shame and take wise correction after u disgracefully think minus 3 plus 3 is 6..U still came here to quote me.. Son u wanna go into mathematical intellectual contest with me? (a master degree holder in mathematics UNIBEN)
The answer is 12, my 3yrs old son will get this one. Anyone who think otherwise need to go back to elementary mathematics.. Even if u punch it with a calculator, it will still come out as 12. So what's the point of argument? Abeg make una sleep jhor
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Horlawale1(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
6.very sure
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by haby2009: 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
3+3*3-3+3
Interpreting bodmas.
Addition and subtraction have the same order of precedence. So nufin like addition before subtraction.What we consider is the associativity. Addition and subtractiom have left associativity.That is, for example. 5-1+3-2+1 is solved as (5-1) first den 4+3 secondly And thirdly 7-2 and lastly 5-1 which gives us 4. What i av simply done here. Is consider first the operator on d leftmost side of the expression i.e the first (-) den secondly the (+) and thirdly the second (-) and lastly the rightmost operator which is (+). Thus the answer to the question
3+3*3-3+3 is

3 + (3*3) - 3 + 3
3 + 9 - 3 + 3
(3+9) - 3 + 3
12 - 3 + 3
(12 - 3) + 3
9 + 3
= 12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by omeome: 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please and please, we should not disgrace nigeria.The answer is 12 gbam!
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bandeco:

U must be a Dullard if u still not convince that u goof big time... I expected u to hide ur head in shame and take wise correction after u disgracefully think minus 3 plus 3 is 6..U still came here to quote me.. Son u wanna go into mathematical intellectual contest with me? (a master degree holder in mathematics UNIBEN)
The answer is 12, my 3yrs old son will get this one. Anyone who think otherwise need to go back to elementary mathematics.. Even if u punch it with a calculator, it will still come out as 12. So what's the point of argument? Abeg make una sleep jhor

You must be d greatest dullard to think a minus sign in front of an integer following another integer makes the former a negative integer.

You are talking to someone who holds a Masters degree from a UK university, so shove that your UNIBEN masters where d sun doesn't shine.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
haby2009:
3+3*3-3+3
Interpreting bodmas.
Addition and subtraction have the same order of precedence. So nufin like addition before subtraction.What we consider is the associativity. Addition and subtractiom have left associativity.That is, for example. 5-1+3-2+1 is solved as (5-1) first den 4+3 secondly And thirdly 7-2 and lastly 9-1 which gives us 5. What i av simply done here. Is consider first the operator on d leftmost side of the expression i.e the first (-) den secondly the (+) and thirdly the second (-) and lastly the rightmost operator which is (+). Thus the answer to the question
3+3*3-3+3 is

3 + (3*3) - 3 + 3
3 + 9 - 3 + 3
(3+9) - 3 + 3
12 - 3 + 3
(12 - 3) + 3
9 + 3
= 12

Why treat the 'subtraction' before the addition if you are using BODMAS? Shouldn't you deal with the 'addition' first before the 'substraction"?
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by haby2009: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

You must be d greatest dullard to think a minus sign in front of an integer following another integer makes the former a negative integer.

You are talking to someone who holds a Masters degree from a UK university, so shove that your UNIBEN masters where d sun doesn't shine.
I find it reaaly funny tho. Cos u dont nid to av a PHD in mathematics to understand associativity and bodmas. Its high skl stuff. So u both nid to quit this ruckus
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Jossyroyal1: 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
olawalepopoola:
The answer is 6. BODMAS
Step 1: Multiply 3 by 3 first. This gives nine
Step 2: Add it to the 3. I.E. 9 plus 3. This Gives you 12
Step 3: On the Other side add 3 plus 3. This gives 6
Step four: Now subtract the 6 from 12.
Answer = 12 (QED)
dont tell me you took ur time to analyse this and still got it wrong Go back to ur school and retrieve ur sch fee! The answer is 12 because -3+3 cancel each other!
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Rajiolaade: 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
anigbajumo:

u should hv simply edorsed rajiolaades answer, instead of duplicating his solution,COPY CAT.

Bodmas: +3+3 x +3-3+3 multiplicatn.+3 x +3 = +9 addition. +3+9+3 =+15 subtractn. +15-3 = +12 jst simple as driving...
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
bcomputer101:
Prove yourself
the answer is 6. but your english is wrong, '95% of people will fail this question'
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by greggng: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Pls close this thread. We cannot continue to leave in the past. We ve solved this problem before.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by ashly197(m): 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
some Orubeberisms are saying the answer is 12 while JEGAisms are saying is 6.
after all, JEGA declared that 6 is the answer using Simple BODMAS I.e Card Reader.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by jaz(m): 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
no wonder the failure rate is so high in Nigeria. elementary maths question and people are so full of wrong answers. adults who should be guiding the young ones. FYI, the correct answer is 12. and if you still disagree, well... guess you need to shoot all your maths teachers for putting you in such state of abject mathematical brainlessness.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Chinaboi(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Olukat(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
frankgreat:
BODMAS...3 MULTIPLY BY 3 EQUALS 9..THEN 9 PLUS 3 EQUALS 12....THEN ON THE OTHER SIDE, YOU ADD 3 PLUS 3 THAT IS 6...NOW SUBTRACT 6 FROM THE 12, THAT EQUALS 6......ANSWER IS 6...

Pls find the meaning of "BODMAS"
Follow the principles, if you have 6.
Don't waste ur time, just enroll in Duara grin
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Chinaboi(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
jaz:
no wonder the failure rate is so high in Nigeria. elementary maths question and people are so full of wrong answers. adults who should be guiding the young ones. FYI, the correct answer is 12. and if you still disagree, well... guess you need to shoot all your maths teachers for putting you in such state of abject mathematical brainlessness.
olodo oshi...its 6
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Chinaboi(m): 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=Rajiolaade post=37682765][/quote]c hw simple bodmas dey fall ya hand...its 6 not 12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by haby2009: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Why treat the 'subtraction' before the addition if you are using BODMAS? Shouldn't you deal with the 'addition' first before the 'substraction"?
Because lik i said in my earlier post, addition and subtraction have the same order of precedence in the Bodmas tree. "a" is just above "s" so it would sound nice. However in mathematics, wen we av operators wif the same precedence we uses the associativity principle which applies to them. And its left associativity. Which says u treat the operator ( + or -) on the left-most side. Dem the rightmost side last
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Chinaboi(m): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bandeco:

olodo...its 6 not 12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by mummyson26(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
ednut1:
35. cos i can see 3 five times
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=Rajiolaade post=37682765][/quote]

See my post on front page,i dnt even av time to write coz it take me 5seconds to gat d answer....go to FTC nd see my post ok..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Zambian Student Breastfeed Her Baby During Examination In School / A Maths Teacher Asked To Teach English Language.... / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.