Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol (22347 Views)

FG Responds To Call For Petrol Price Increase / FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 05, 2015
September 5, 2015: Okechukwu Nnodim

The Federal Government has issued supplementary import permit to oil marketers for the importation of petrol into Nigeria due to the fact that the output of the country’s refineries is still poor. It was learnt that the permit for petrol was given to marketers on Thursday by the government and they were asked to import to supplement domestic production. Impeccable sources from the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources and the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency told our correspondent that the marketers would import over 400,000 metric tons of premium motor spirit, otherwise known as petrol, to augment local production.

It was also learnt that the volume of import was this high because the country’s refineries were still not producing at optimum capacity.

An official at the petroleum resources ministry, who pleaded not to be named as he was not authorised to speak on the subject, said “The output from our refineries cannot meet national demand and that is why the government had to issue permits to marketers to make supplementary importation of petrol. Some marketers have started receiving the permit and they started getting it since yesterday (Thursday). “You know some of our refineries are performing poorly and this has its effect on the volume of locally refined petroleum products. So the permit is needed to keep the country wet with products for a given period of time.

”The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, had on Thursday issued 90-day ultimatum to the management of Warri Refining and Petrochemicals Company to commence full production at the facility. The refinery has the capacity to process 125,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Kachikwu had charged the management and staff of the company to ensure that the plant was streamed back to full and active service within the projected period. Kachikwu, in a statement from the NNPC, had reportedly said “Whatever you need to do to get your refinery back on track, please do it now because this is the time. It’s a 90-day fast-track programme and whatever you need me to do to make that happen, let me know.

”Confirming the issuance of import permits to our correspondent on Friday night, the spokesperson of the PPPRA, Mr. Lanre Oladele, said “It is true. That is all I can tell you for now.”
http://www.punchng.com/business/poor-refineries-fg-issues-supplementary-import-permit-for-petrol/

4 Likes

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by ORACLE1975(m): 5:23am On Sep 05, 2015
My President u don't need that for now use what you have get what u need.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by gabbrri(m): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2015
What will we not hear in dis nigeria . Today it will be dat refinaries are fully functionin tomorow it will be anoda story. Dangote say cement go be 1k since january instead na rise e d rise steady steady. Today d news b say dem d plan reduce 300 from cement price. Onli God can save us. Weda refinaries work or not or cement d steadili increase I must build my own house. Landlord don carry me do yeye since I ws born. Dear Lord its me again

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Cutehector(m): 5:27am On Sep 05, 2015
Fg don't wana sell refineries....

Refineries aren't workin

They keep clampin down on illegal refineries

When will nigeria be wise?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by donholy28(m): 5:34am On Sep 05, 2015
There's no refinery in Nigeria

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 05, 2015
After all the NOISE in the media about getting the refineries to work in full capacity earlier than the 2016 target set by the last administration, reality has dawned on them. Some of us knew all the while that the repairs of the refineries will continue into 2016 and even beyond.

But besides all the noise about fixing existing refineries, which of course was started by the GEJ govt, what is the current govt's policy in the oil sector? I think that should have been a priority for this govt and should have been one of it's achievements in the last 100 days. But of course, that was not the case as the last 100 days was wasted

#100WastedDays

Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlala.

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by likata: 5:40am On Sep 05, 2015
Don't knw what to believe under this scam regime.they blamed the past government for importing fuel even when it was obvious the the refineries were not working only for bubu to give permits for fuel importation after his body languagegrin have fixed the refineries. SMH

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by ShowYourCertificate: 6:14am On Sep 05, 2015
Scam everywhere.

Buhari's WASC Certificate.......SCAM

Buhari's Enlistment into the Military......SCAM

Buhari's Election Campaign Promises......SCAM

Buhari's Promise To Scrap Office of First Lady.......SCAM

Buhari's Northernization Agenda........SCAM

Buhari's Assets Declaration........SCAM

Buhari Economic Policies........SCAM

Buhari Petroleum Policies.......SCAM

Scam everywhere

93 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by dhesire(m): 6:26am On Sep 05, 2015
a
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by ndaman25: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2015
Nice Development

1 Like

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Mologi(m): 6:27am On Sep 05, 2015
Change is here

1 Like

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by BankManager(m): 6:27am On Sep 05, 2015
It took just less than 100 days for President Buhari to squander
his goodwill. No policy.
No agenda. Just blame games & denial of
promises...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by raayah(f): 6:28am On Sep 05, 2015
/

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Hobat(m): 6:28am On Sep 05, 2015
Ddx
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 05, 2015
If its true, its not too good.

Need anything from Jumia at all??
Just Contact me Now!
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Leyemoshood: 6:29am On Sep 05, 2015
good way to move forward

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 05, 2015
k o. but pls shun projects with big grammar.
it won't put food on table!
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Captainswag225(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2015
where are those Buhari fans? Na so e don start oo! Visionless government.... Failing failers.... People will soon beg for the return of uncle jona!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by oloriooko(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2015
what?
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Funjosh(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2015
Working is different from Not Working, and Importing to Augment is different from relying totally on importation.

That is the difference between Jonathan and Buhari smiley

Hope all those cry cry babies understand it now lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by fitzmayowa: 6:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
After all the NOISE in the media about getting the refineries to work in full capacity earlier than the 2016 target set by the last administration, reality has dawned on them. Some of us knew all the while that the repairs of the refineries will continue into 2016 and even beyond.

But besides all the noise about fixing existing refineries, which of course was started by the GEJ govt, what is the current govt's policy in the oil sector? I think that should have been a priority for this govt and should have been one of it's achievements in the last 100 days. But of course, that was not the case as the last 100 days was wasted
#100WastedDays

Sycophancy will lead this government astray, the government that has no policy on petroleum is been praised for the turn around in the refinery...

To top it off a whole lot of false information is been spread by media houses just to give this administration false ''credit'' for what they have not achieved and in the long run its nigerians that will suffer for all this falsehood...SMH

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by laurel03(m): 6:32am On Sep 05, 2015
9ja
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by koboko69: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2015
[s]
Sincere9gerian:
#100WastedDays
[/s] bla .....bla.....bla....bla.....cries of a wailer. How many dates did GEJ's government give to Nigerians? 2016 was the latest campaign date....
Should Jonathan have won....there will be another date. Jonathan started this and that....Nna bros for 6 good years.. he was only starting and starting. cheesy cheesy. What was Jonathans policy in theboil sector other than to loot and loot with bogus fake subsidy claims. Donu know how much this government have saved? This is ur brother talking here ooo. Abi u guys have disowned him cos Buhari gave him appointment? Oboi....u will wail till 2019 and beyond....its time u accept this government like people from the south south. Inwknder why thr SE os wailing even more than the SS.

20 Likes

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by laurel03(m): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2015
Captainswag225:
where are those Buhari fans? Na so e don start oo! Visionless government.... Failing failers.... People will soon beg for the return of uncle jona!
wailer how market

2 Likes

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by bestman09(m): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2015
What happened to the earlier promise of sending our crude oil overseas for refining and bringing back for pennies? Is this how petrol would be sold for N40 or less? We have been scammed!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Horo(m): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2015
F
ShowYourCertificate:
Scam everywhere.

Buhari's WASC Certificate.......SCAM

Buhari's Election Campaign Promises......SCAM

Buhari's Northernization Agenda........SCAM

Buhari's Assets Declaration........SCAM

Buhari Economic Policies........SCAM

Buhari Petroleum Policies.......SCAM

Scam everywhere
Even you and your entire family.........SCAM

12 Likes

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Kayendy(m): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2015
To be frank d only diff btw GEj and Buhari is state of origin.....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by Captainswag225(m): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2015
laurel03:
wailing
taking glory for pdp's achievements, thats what u do, apart from that, apc has no plan for nigeria. Failing failers with their northgerian daura herdsman.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by francizy(m): 6:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

#100WastedDays

It's very possible the refineries are failing because they didn't allow the completion of the rehabilitation. They wanted to quickly take the glory. Now the refineries may even become worst than they met it.

Where is Buhari's "body odour"?

Passingshot and midolian, una gudu mourning oh.. undecided

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by jazinogold(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2015
ok
Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by ichidodo: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2015
OK, after all the propaganda, showmanship and razzmattaz, reality finally overcomes them thus we are back to square one. Our hearts just goes out to the gullible Nigerians who are within shooting range of this government flip-flop policies, propagandas and idiocies, let us forget her imbecilic piss-head leader from Daura as topic for another day .... we wouldn't mind the masturbating masturbators and Co getting shot to pieces, though .

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poor Refineries: FG Issues Supplementary Import Permit For Petrol by yanabasee(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2015
Sai baba.
Sai Dauran-slow poke.
Sai I wail pass you.
Sai naija on one chance.
Sai I will probe the probables.
Sai I have lied and will keep lying.
Sai I be hypocrite.
Sai I corrupt pass GEJ.
Sai Amaechi cannot be probe.
Sai Atiku is a saint.
Sai Tinubu no sabi play politics.
Sai OBJ is Allah's grandchild.
Sai tongue grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does President Buhari Treat Shiites And Fulani Herdsmen Differently? premium / Boko Haram Terrorists Planning To Attack Borno Killed By Soldiers (Photos) / Abdulsalami Abubakar Hands Over To Olusegun Obasanjo (Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.