Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why (38678 Views)

How To Spot A Fake Phone (clone) Of Various Popular Brands - Deschyko / A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / Don’t Buy Power Bank Before You Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Anyi3(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:
This is very correct. Big brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG make very good devices. Their high-end and mid-range devices come with spectacular features and offer great value. But they really do not put as much effort in their low-end devices.

But I think there is a reason for this. A low-end Samsung Galaxy device with very good features and an affordable price would divert customers away from high-end and mid-range devices. I mean, why waste money on a high-end device when you can get a very good low-end device for less? It would mean poor sales of those high-end and mid-range devices since its the low-end devices getting all the attention.

I think this is the reason Apple only churn out high-end devices every year. Their customers do not have a choice since there aren't other iOS alternatives. It's either you buy this iPhone or you opt for another operating system. And if you only have an eye for iOS, you're forced to save up some money and buy an iPhone.

Brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG would've followed Apple's footsteps, but they want to keep customers who cannot afford expensive devices for themselves, which is why they continue to make their low-end devices. But unfortunately, they forget that these same customers want value for their money, which is why they continue to make mediocre devices.

Chinese brands realized this mistake and they have taken advantage. Brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Meizu, UMI, ZTE, OnePlus, Honor, and Huawei are swarming the Asian market and giving Samsung, HTC, and LG a run for their money with the affordable and remarkable devices they churn out.

Xiaomi plans on entering the African market this month, and when they do, other Chinese brands will definitely follow, and when this happens, I'm afraid big brands like Samsung will have to deal with a serious headache.

Talk true, na you carry first since Nursery 1.

Every word made sense.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
techno is cheap but it serves me well.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by pat077: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
U re on point
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Whisk(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
I will not ignore your message. Thanks for bringing it up.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Chidonc(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
ITbomb:
The best phones to buy are according to your cash are
25k to 30k = Infinix Hot Note Pro, Gionee M2 and Innjoo Note One
20k to 25k = Tecno Boom, Tecno Camon and Infinix Hot
15k to 20k = Infinix Zero 2, Innjoo One, Samsung GT3....
Below 15k = Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo because of their massive 3000mAh battery at only 14k
Compare the two Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo

IT'S ON NOW!!! The Battery War has just begun!
Click here to see which phone last longer |Gionee vs Innjoo| - 3000mAh @ N14k ONLY!

remove infinix zero 2 from dat list of 15-20k. it abt 30k +

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by olamik123(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nice write up..... am enjoying my infinix hot note......
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Goldenheart(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
infinix zero 2 is out of stock.... embarassed embarassed
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
khalhokage:
By Elroy Chibex

It’s another weekend, a time we pick up an erring part in mobile tech and thrash it out. This article was inspired by a comment from Mobilista Surajudeen, and we explore reasons why you shouldn’t buy low-end smartphones from popular phone brands.

There’s a general misconception people have with mobile phone makers. OK, for instance, If I asked, “What are the best Android phone brands?” The reply I expect to hear would be answers like Samsung, LG, Sony, and HTC. This is true. These aforementioned brands make the best Android phones you can see in the market, but then, there’s a limit to their greatness.

These popular brands make phones people love, but the great experience ends with their high end (and a few mid-range) phones. When it comes to low end devices, the likes of Samsung , LG, HTC and Sony are useless. Yes, you read it right. People buy them with the inner belief they’re getting something great, but trust me, the reverse is the case here.

If you want to buy a cheap Android device, look away from these popular brands because their low end devices are under specced and over priced. An experience with it may leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you must buy any of these popular brands, then save up and buy the very expensive ones. That’s when you know you’ve bought something worth celebrating.

There are many instances: Let’s pick out the Samsung J1. This is a phone released in 2015 but it comes with measly 512 MB RAM, and the price (at the time of writing this) is N20,330. It’s funny when you know you can get a 2 GB RAM Infinix Hot 2 for less or same price. Another case is the Galaxy Star 2 Plus, which Samsung used as a Hero deal during the
Jumia Mobile Megathon. The phone has no 3G, carries just 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory and was priced at N17,000.

Outside Samsung, there’s a mid-range Sony device, Xperia M4 Aqua . You can imagine, the 8 GB version of this phone has just 1.26 GB usable memory. Even rooting and hacking cannot save the situation. Imagine shelling N40,000 and being faced with this problem. LG, and HTC are also culprits, when you look at their low-end devices, you see that they’re expensive compared to the offerings of Chinese brands.

If your budget for a new smartphone is at the region of N30,000, then stay away from big name brands. Rather look towards the likes of TECNO, Gionee, Innjoo etc. They offer way better value for money compared to those popular brands you know.

Oya rant your own Happy Weekend folks!!

Source: [url=mobilityarena.com/weekend-rants-dont-buy-cheap-android-phones-from-popular-brandsheres-why/]Mobility[/url]
ONE OF THE BEST MOBILE ARTICLE SO FAR.

YOU NAIL IT TO THE HEAD BROS

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by CandyBar: 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Well......that's why "low level" manufacturers are making a living. Truthfully........I've seen a Gionee phone that beats a samsung phone in features and performance.....and yet is sold far less.

If you're not buying a "high end" device.......choose from others.....they're good.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:
This is very correct. Big brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG make very good devices. Their high-end and mid-range devices come with spectacular features and offer great value. But they really do not put as much effort in their low-end devices.

But I think there is a reason for this. A low-end Samsung Galaxy device with very good features and an affordable price would divert customers away from high-end and mid-range devices. I mean, why waste money on a high-end device when you can get a very good low-end device for less? It would mean poor sales of those high-end and mid-range devices since its the low-end devices getting all the attention.

I think this is the reason Apple only churn out high-end devices every year. Their customers do not have a choice since there aren't other iOS alternatives. It's either you buy this iPhone or you opt for another operating system. And if you only have an eye for iOS, you're forced to save up some money and buy an iPhone.

Brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG would've followed Apple's footsteps, but they want to keep customers who cannot afford expensive devices for themselves, which is why they continue to make their low-end devices. But unfortunately, they forget that these same customers want value for their money, which is why they continue to make mediocre devices.

Chinese brands realized this mistake and they have taken advantage. Brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Meizu, UMI, ZTE, OnePlus, Honor, and Huawei are swarming the Asian market and giving Samsung, HTC, and LG a run for their money with the affordable and remarkable devices they churn out.

Xiaomi plans on entering the African market this month, and when they do, other Chinese brands will definitely follow, and when this happens, I'm afraid big brands like Samsung will have to deal with a serious headache.

Excellent post and fully agree. I have been using the Oneplus One for almost a year and could not be happier. Almost certainly my next phone will be either the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 or the Oppo R7 Plus. Note Honor phones are made by Huawei.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Lawalemi(m): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
I concur
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by damocheezy(m): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
Well you have a point OP, however at times it isnt about the quantity but the quality, i once bought a low-capacity powerbank from a big brand at the price i would have gotten another brand with high capacity. So many factors affect the choices we make.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by AdeniyiA(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
Many Nigerians live ostentatious lifestyles ...
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Orikinla(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
My Q1 brand of Tablet PC has TV, Wifi and BBM. And I sell it for only N33, 000.

See all the features of Q1:

Screen 7” Capacitive
CPU Dual-core 1.5GHz
RAM 512M/1GB
OS Android 4.2
Display 1024*600
Storage 4G-32G
SD Support High Speed 32G
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
3G Built-in WCDMA
TV ISDVB/DVB-T/ATSC
Camera TWO
Cell phone Dual sims standby
GPS GPS+AGPS
3D Graphic1080P video decoder
Battery 2800Mha
HDMI Support
Weight 300g
Dimension 190*111*9 mm

[img]http://4.bp..com/-_IhqjCsMZeg/U868FMnN2VI/AAAAAAAAwjo/BGob3ZE0lrQ/s1600/Q222a.jpg[/img]
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by toyese01(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
Neyoor:
FTC
So nah ur own rant be dat "FTC=gbe gbe gbe" Smh
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Raymondluv(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:
My Q1 brand of Tablet PC has TV, Wifi and BBM. And I sell it for only N33, 000.

See all the features of Q1:

Screen 7” Capacitive
CPU Dual-core 1.5GHz
RAM 512M/1GB
OS Android 4.2
Display 1024*600
Storage 4G-32G
SD Support High Speed 32G
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
3G Built-in WCDMA
TV ISDVB/DVB-T/ATSC
Camera TWO
Cell phone Dual sims standby
GPS GPS+AGPS
3D Graphic1080P video decoder
Battery 2800Mha
HDMI Support
Weight 300g
Dimension 190*111*9 mm

[img]http://4.bp..com/-_IhqjCsMZeg/U868FMnN2VI/AAAAAAAAwjo/BGob3ZE0lrQ/s1600/Q222a.jpg[/img]

pls is it local or international
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
khalhokage:
By Elroy Chibex

It’s another weekend, a time we pick up an erring part in mobile tech and thrash it out. This article was inspired by a comment from Mobilista Surajudeen, and we explore reasons why you shouldn’t buy low-end smartphones from popular phone brands.

There’s a general misconception people have with mobile phone makers. OK, for instance, If I asked, “What are the best Android phone brands?” The reply I expect to hear would be answers like Samsung, LG, Sony, and HTC. This is true. These aforementioned brands make the best Android phones you can see in the market, but then, there’s a limit to their greatness.

These popular brands make phones people love, but the great experience ends with their high end (and a few mid-range) phones. When it comes to low end devices, the likes of Samsung , LG, HTC and Sony are useless. Yes, you read it right. People buy them with the inner belief they’re getting something great, but trust me, the reverse is the case here.

If you want to buy a cheap Android device, look away from these popular brands because their low end devices are under specced and over priced. An experience with it may leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you must buy any of these popular brands, then save up and buy the very expensive ones. That’s when you know you’ve bought something worth celebrating.

There are many instances: Let’s pick out the Samsung J1. This is a phone released in 2015 but it comes with measly 512 MB RAM, and the price (at the time of writing this) is N20,330. It’s funny when you know you can get a 2 GB RAM Infinix Hot 2 for less or same price. Another case is the Galaxy Star 2 Plus, which Samsung used as a Hero deal during the
Jumia Mobile Megathon. The phone has no 3G, carries just 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory and was priced at N17,000.

Outside Samsung, there’s a mid-range Sony device, Xperia M4 Aqua . You can imagine, the 8 GB version of this phone has just 1.26 GB usable memory. Even rooting and hacking cannot save the situation. Imagine shelling N40,000 and being faced with this problem. LG, and HTC are also culprits, when you look at their low-end devices, you see that they’re expensive compared to the offerings of Chinese brands.

If your budget for a new smartphone is at the region of N30,000, then stay away from big name brands. Rather look towards the likes of TECNO, Gionee, Innjoo etc. They offer way better value for money compared to those popular brands you know.

Oya rant your own Happy Weekend folks!!

Source: [url=mobilityarena.com/weekend-rants-dont-buy-cheap-android-phones-from-popular-brandsheres-why/]Mobility[/url]
All you typed is shìT
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Sard(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
androidroot:
All you typed is shìT
What you typed is the obvious and undeniable shiit!
You rubbished his beautiful and well structured writeup without giving any reasons. That was daft to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by drss(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
DanNafada:

Excellent post and fully agree. I have been using the Oneplus One for almost a year and could not be happier. Almost certainly my next phone will be either the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 or the Oppo R7 Plus. Note Honor phones are made by Huawei.
Omo that ascend mate 7 na correct phone o. Na d phone way i be wan buy be dat but d price too cost. I go just settle for either camon c8 or infinix hot note pro.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sard:

What you typed is the obvious and undeniable shiit!
You rubbished his beautiful and well structured writeup without giving any reasons. That was daft to say the least.
I guess you're from a mediatake phone family? Listen. . Every human gat choice. . How can I buy what I don't like?? The op shouldn't tell anyone to buy Infinix hot.. mind you, class ain't the same.. My SG 4G gives me joy..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by ernecy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Op u are so on point, an example is whn u compare Sony xperia e4 and Gioone M4. Almost Same price but the battery, Ram and internal memory of is way much bigger.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by blaquemyc: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
never settle for less, it's either high end/mid-range phones from the big dogs or look somewhere else
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Craven: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
KuliMart:

Xiaomi is not coming this month.

You can buy phones with good build quality and well optimised ROM at affordable price from our store.

Oh. I read somewhere that they planned to. How come?
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Masculity(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jboy5050:
nice one,rocking my techno Y6.....

jboy pls how do u go with it interms battery and camera?
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Macdove02(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Quality nko? You are just talking about the features....Anyway, nothing can stop my love for samsung devices
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Craven: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
androidroot:
I guess you're from a mediatake phone family? Listen. . Every human gat choice. . How can I buy what I don't like?? The op shouldn't tell anyone to buy Infinix hot.. mind you, class ain't the same.. My SG 4G gives me joy..

No one told anyone what to buy. The writer of this post only made suggestions when it comes to purchasing low-end devices. It's not like he held a gun to your head and forced you to like/buy Infinix devices.

You said every human has a choice, but here you are finding it difficult to accept the writer's choices.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Craven: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
Anyi3:

Talk true, na you carry first since Nursery 1.

Every word made sense.

Lol not really, but thank you. (:
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by shegzyblaq(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
Has anybody tried this type of my fone

Lenovo VIBE X s960

Wow what a great phone
13mp camera
5mp front camera
2GB ram
13GB inner memory
No memory card slot
Very sleek not even up to an inch
Infact to mention a few

Sold for 56k search at gsmarena.com

Itz SHEGZYBLAQ again
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Arogunmasa(m): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
What bout alcatel phones?
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Teophilus96(m): 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
ITbomb:
The best phones to buy are according to your cash are
25k to 30k = Infinix Hot Note Pro, Gionee M2 and Innjoo Note One
20k to 25k = Tecno Boom, Tecno Camon and Infinix Hot
15k to 20k = Infinix Zero 2, Innjoo One, Samsung GT3....
Below 15k = Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo because of their massive 3000mAh battery at only 14k
Compare the two Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo

IT'S ON NOW!!! The Battery War has just begun!
Click here to see which phone last longer |Gionee vs Innjoo| - 3000mAh @ N14k ONLY!

At all this prices?Fairly used I guess?
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Sard(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
androidroot:
This post below answers you well.
Craven:

No one told anyone what to buy. The writer of this post only made suggestions when it comes to purchasing low-end devices. It's not like he held a gun to your head and forced you to like/buy Infinix devices.
You said every human has a choice, but here you are finding it difficult to accept the writer's choices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: Specification Of This Sony Ericsson K750i Will Make You Smile(Photo) / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.