Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why (38698 Views)

How To Spot A Fake Phone (clone) Of Various Popular Brands - Deschyko / A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / Don’t Buy Power Bank Before You Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by KuliMart: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:

Oh. I read somewhere that they planned to. How come?

Not yet confirmed.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by petchi: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
Old Boy, you are a seller of cheap Chinese phones and you are advertising them.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Craven: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
KuliMart:

Not yet confirmed.

Alright. Thanks
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by aderonkedeborah(f): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
k
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by initialize(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Buy Lenovo K3 note @ @38,000.

Better phone by far.

Click on my signature to order
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Electronzeez(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:
This is very correct. Big brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG make very good devices. Their high-end and mid-range devices come with spectacular features and offer great value. But they really do not put as much effort in their low-end devices.

But I think there is a reason for this. A low-end Samsung Galaxy device with very good features and an affordable price would divert customers away from high-end and mid-range devices. I mean, why waste money on a high-end device when you can get a very good low-end device for less? It would mean poor sales of those high-end and mid-range devices since its the low-end devices getting all the attention.

I think this is the reason Apple only churn out high-end devices every year. Their customers do not have a choice since there aren't other iOS alternatives. It's either you buy this iPhone or you opt for another operating system. And if you only have an eye for iOS, you're forced to save up some money and buy an iPhone.

Brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG would've followed Apple's footsteps, but they want to keep customers who cannot afford expensive devices for themselves, which is why they continue to make their low-end devices. But unfortunately, they forget that these same customers want value for their money, which is why they continue to make mediocre devices.

Chinese brands realized this mistake and they have taken advantage. Brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Meizu, UMI, ZTE, OnePlus, Honor, and Huawei are swarming the Asian market and giving Samsung, HTC, and LG a run for their money with the affordable and remarkable devices they churn out.

Xiaomi plans on entering the African market this month, and when they do, other Chinese brands will definitely follow, and when this happens, I'm afraid big brands like Samsung will have to deal with a serious headache.

You have made some very good point here but i do not agree completely with the bolded .
High end or low end, samsung, htc,Lg or sony, the truth is these mobile brand churn out second class spec to the nigeria market , have you wonder why a london use s3 is much stronger, faster and much efficient than same s3 specifically made for the african market?.

You can ask yourself why these brand, samsung, htc sony etc do not allow for global warranty, they knew the spec quality are not the same .

Let me remind you that apple pledge to make quality phones . Apple has got no target for different market , it is the same spec that was use in making an iphone 6 sold in america, the same is use to produce the ones ship to africa,europe and asia.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
It’s funny when you know you can get a 2 GB RAM Infinix Hot 2 for less or same price. Another case is the Galaxy Star 2 Plus, which Samsung used as a Hero deal during the
Jumia Mobile Megathon. The phone has no 3G, carries just 512 MB RAM
,,./...check well and see.. we dont sell fake in jumia
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by drehdinho(m): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
awoofdata00:
thank u fah

Has anyone patronised this guy, because this offer looks too good to be true.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by drehdinho(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
Chidonc:

remove infinix zero 2 from dat list of 15-20k. it abt 30k +

Do you know the price for M3? And does it come with 2GB ram?
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:
This is very correct. Big brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG make very good devices. Their high-end and mid-range devices come with spectacular features and offer great value. But they really do not put as much effort in their low-end devices.

But I think there is a reason for this. A low-end Samsung Galaxy device with very good features and an affordable price would divert customers away from high-end and mid-range devices. I mean, why waste money on a high-end device when you can get a very good low-end device for less? It would mean poor sales of those high-end and mid-range devices since its the low-end devices getting all the attention.

I think this is the reason Apple only churn out high-end devices every year. Their customers do not have a choice since there aren't other iOS alternatives. It's either you buy this iPhone or you opt for another operating system. And if you only have an eye for iOS, you're forced to save up some money and buy an iPhone.

Brands like Samsung, HTC, and LG would've followed Apple's footsteps, but they want to keep customers who cannot afford expensive devices for themselves, which is why they continue to make their low-end devices. But unfortunately, they forget that these same customers want value for their money, which is why they continue to make mediocre devices.

Chinese brands realized this mistake and they have taken advantage. Brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Meizu, UMI, ZTE, OnePlus, Honor, and Huawei are swarming the Asian market and giving Samsung, HTC, and LG a run for their money with the affordable and remarkable devices they churn out.

Xiaomi plans on entering the African market this month, and when they do, other Chinese brands will definitely follow, and when this happens, I'm afraid big brands like Samsung will have to deal with a serious headache.
Samsung galaxy s and note plus all a devices except a5 are gr8.if it doesn't have a 9 in its name don't buy an HTC.Sony mid rangers seem good like upcoming m5,m4 aqua but overpriced.the only midrange released by apple 2 years ago iphone5c still problaly cost almost 100k.so yes in terms of budget-midrange phones top manufacturers suck.but all their flagships are to die for
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Craven:

Samsung galaxy s and note plus all a devices except a5 are gr8.if it doesn't have a 9 in its name don't buy an HTC.Sony mid rangers seem good like upcoming m5,m4 aqua but overpriced.the only midrange released by apple 2 years ago iphone5c still problaly cost almost 100k.so yes in terms of budget-midrange phones top manufacturers suck.but all their flagships are to die for(not literarily oooo!!)
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
killzone:
stupidity is when you carry 20k to buy samsung galaxy J1 512mb ram in this generation because the phone is from Samsung and phones like hot 2,innjoo halo are there.
yes! is as stupid as a guy who went to neighbour's shop to drink a bottle of coke and the neighbour's fine daughter was the one he met in the shop and she told him that they don't have bottle coke but plastic coke which is 30% costlier.

But this guy because he wanted to prove big, he wasted another 30 naira whereas there is a shop in the opposite where he could have bought the bottled.

some people can waste millions just to prove worth they don't have.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Chidonc(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
drehdinho:

Do you know the price for M3? And does it come with 2GB ram?
Where to Buy Marathon M3 Konga.com ₦35,000.00 Buy Now Jumia.com ₦35,000.00 Buy Now General Information 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 4G Network No SIM Dual SIM Status Announced November 2014 Body Dimensions Keyboard Touchscreen Colors White, Black Cover Plastic Display Type IPS, multi-touch touchscreen with 16,000,000 colors Size 5.0 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels, 294 pixels per inch Memory And OS Card slot MicroSD, up to 128GB Internal 8GB OS Android 4.4 KitKat Processors 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset, Mali-400MP2 GPU RAM 1GB Audio Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones Loudspeaker Yes Audio port 3.5mm jack Connectivity 2G GPRS – up to 85.6 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps 3G Up to 21.2 mbps downlink; Up to 5.76 mbps uplink 4G No WIFI Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi direct Bluetooth Version 4.0, A2DP GPS A-GPS NFC No USB MicroUSB v2.0 Camera Primary 8MP, up to 3264×2448-pixel pictures, HDR, autofocus, Geo- tagging, face detection, HDR camera with LED flash Video 1080p@30fps Secondary 2MP, up to 1600×1200- pixel pictures Battery Capacity 5000mAh Li-Po battery (non removable) Stand-by Talk time Music play Other Features Sensors Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM Browser HTML5 Java No Miscellaneous – MP3/WAV/eAAC+/ WMA player – FM Radio – MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player – Document viewer/editor – Preloaded applications – Facebook, Opera Mini, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Face Unlock etc. Price Price level 173 USD N30,000 – N40,000
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Electronzeez:

You have made some very good point here but i do not agree completely with the bolded .
High end or low end, samsung, htc,Lg or sony, the truth is these mobile brand churn out second class spec to the nigeria market , have you wonder why a london use s3 is much stronger, faster and much efficient than same s3 specifically made for the african market?.

You can ask yourself why these brand, samsung, htc sony etc do not allow for global warranty, they knew the spec quality are not the same .

Let me remind you that apple pledge to make quality phones . Apple has got no target for different market , it is the same spec that was use in making an iphone 6 sold in america, the same is use to produce the ones ship to africa,europe and asia.

Nope you are wrong. Regarding Samsung, they slightly different spaced phone for diff markets mainly because of chipset (snapdragon and exynos) and also cos of network band

The global or international version of s3 is the one sold in nigeria and in the UK. But other markets have a lil diff versions.

Apples iPhone isn't a carrier phone hence it's singular nature and also have same specs
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Craven: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
Electronzeez:

I hear you.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Jamb2016Expo: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
na you be the maker ,,abi na all the phone u don use
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by drehdinho(m): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Chidonc:

Where to Buy Marathon M3 Konga.com ₦35,000.00 Buy Now Jumia.com ₦35,000.00 Buy Now General Information 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 4G Network No SIM Dual SIM Status Announced November 2014 Body Dimensions Keyboard Touchscreen Colors White, Black Cover Plastic Display Type IPS, multi-touch touchscreen with 16,000,000 colors Size 5.0 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels, 294 pixels per inch Memory And OS Card slot MicroSD, up to 128GB Internal 8GB OS Android 4.4 KitKat Processors 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset, Mali-400MP2 GPU RAM 1GB Audio Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones Loudspeaker Yes Audio port 3.5mm jack Connectivity 2G GPRS – up to 85.6 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps 3G Up to 21.2 mbps downlink; Up to 5.76 mbps uplink 4G No WIFI Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi direct Bluetooth Version 4.0, A2DP GPS A-GPS NFC No USB MicroUSB v2.0 Camera Primary 8MP, up to 3264×2448-pixel pictures, HDR, autofocus, Geo- tagging, face detection, HDR camera with LED flash Video 1080p@30fps Secondary 2MP, up to 1600×1200- pixel pictures Battery Capacity 5000mAh Li-Po battery (non removable) Stand-by Talk time Music play Other Features Sensors Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM Browser HTML5 Java No Miscellaneous – MP3/WAV/eAAC+/ WMA player – FM Radio – MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player – Document viewer/editor – Preloaded applications – Facebook, Opera Mini, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Face Unlock etc. Price Price level 173 USD N30,000 – N40,000

Thanks
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
It’s funny when you know you can get a 2 GB RAM Infinix Hot 2 for less or same price. Another case is the Galaxy Star 2 Plus, which Samsung used as a Hero deal during the
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
hian!!! nobody said they sell fake at jumia. did u even read d post sha? or u were just in a rush to tell us u work at Jumia?! grin grin

that op was talking about Samsung galaxy star 2 plus been too over priced and over hyped for such unimpressive spec..to d extent dat it was also made as a hero deal during d magathon.

so dear Ope..that ain't got nufin to do with Jumia..its about Samsung here!
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
better undecided undecided undecided
booqee:
hian!!! nobody said they sell fake at jumia. did u even read d post sha? or u were just in a rush to tell us u work at Jumia?! grin grin

that op was talking about Samsung galaxy star 2 plus been too over priced and over hyped for such unimpressive spec..to d extent dat it was also made as a hero deal during d magathon.

so dear Ope..that ain't got nufin to do with Jumia..its about Samsung here!
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by gbagyiza: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
rottennaija:
A very good write-up. That's what I always advise people to do. Thumbs up.

Yea, dis is d kind of post we all need here..nt something meaningless that some people always post.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Jboy5050(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
[Perfectly working well And okay]

jboy pls how do u go with it interms battery and camera? [/quote]
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by killzone(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
ogechieku:

yes! is as stupid as a guy who went to neighbour's shop to drink a bottle of coke and the neighbour's fine daughter was the one he met in the shop and she told him that they don't have bottle coke but plastic coke which is 30% costlier.

But this guy because he wanted to prove big, he wasted another 30 naira whereas there is a shop in the opposite where he could have bought the bottled.

some people can waste millions just to prove worth they don't have.
my brother welcome to Nigeria, some people can do useless things to prove themselves.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Youngpo413: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Anyi3:

Talk true, na you carry first since Nursery 1.

Every word made sense.
tecno M6 is da bomb,I don't know about the specs but the screen resolution and its sleekness make it tempting.
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
killzone:
my brother welcome to Nigeria, some people can do useless things to prove themselves.
brother? u are right
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by xtervaganza(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
tihs post makes 500% sense. a friend recently bought a 35k brand new samsung phone and when i saw the thing i was likev undecided angry dull screen and just one gig ram

a chinese mediatek phone will give him better value for money and better performance

p.s i'm a samsung fanboy from tv to ac to phone
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by tomiobj(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
khalhokage:
By Elroy Chibex

It’s another weekend, a time we pick up an erring part in mobile tech and thrash it out. This article was inspired by a comment from Mobilista Surajudeen, and we explore reasons why you shouldn’t buy low-end smartphones from popular phone brands.

There’s a general misconception people have with mobile phone makers. OK, for instance, If I asked, “What are the best Android phone brands?” The reply I expect to hear would be answers like Samsung, LG, Sony, and HTC. This is true. These aforementioned brands make the best Android phones you can see in the market, but then, there’s a limit to their greatness.

These popular brands make phones people love, but the great experience ends with their high end (and a few mid-range) phones. When it comes to low end devices, the likes of Samsung , LG, HTC and Sony are useless. Yes, you read it right. People buy them with the inner belief they’re getting something great, but trust me, the reverse is the case here.

If you want to buy a cheap Android device, look away from these popular brands because their low end devices are under specced and over priced. An experience with it may leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you must buy any of these popular brands, then save up and buy the very expensive ones. That’s when you know you’ve bought something worth celebrating.

There are many instances: Let’s pick out the Samsung J1. This is a phone released in 2015 but it comes with measly 512 MB RAM, and the price (at the time of writing this) is N20,330. It’s funny when you know you can get a 2 GB RAM Infinix Hot 2 for less or same price. Another case is the Galaxy Star 2 Plus, which Samsung used as a Hero deal during the
Jumia Mobile Megathon. The phone has no 3G, carries just 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory and was priced at N17,000.

Outside Samsung, there’s a mid-range Sony device, Xperia M4 Aqua . You can imagine, the 8 GB version of this phone has just 1.26 GB usable memory. Even rooting and hacking cannot save the situation. Imagine shelling N40,000 and being faced with this problem. LG, and HTC are also culprits, when you look at their low-end devices, you see that they’re expensive compared to the offerings of Chinese brands.

If your budget for a new smartphone is at the region of N30,000, then stay away from big name brands. Rather look towards the likes of TECNO, Gionee, Innjoo etc. They offer way better value for money compared to those popular brands you know.

Oya rant your own Happy Weekend folks!!

Source: [url=mobilityarena.com/weekend-rants-dont-buy-cheap-android-phones-from-popular-brandsheres-why/]Mobility[/url]
if I was a teacher and u wrote this post for me in my exam. I would giv u 2/100. It's nt complete @ all. How would you forget the king when it comes to over-pricing phones. Apple eg the iphone 4 is just a waste of cash
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Empedocles(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Lol,,,can't stop laffin one of my gyz using Iphone 3 shebi Iphone na Iphone
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:51am On Sep 06, 2015
ITbomb:
The best phones to buy are according to your cash are
25k to 30k = Infinix Hot Note Pro, Gionee M2 and Innjoo Note One
20k to 25k = Tecno Boom, Tecno Camon and Infinix Zero
15k to 20k = Infinix Hot 2, Innjoo One, Samsung GT3....
Below 15k = Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo because of their massive 3000mAh battery at only 14k
Compare the two Gionee M2 mini and Innjoo Halo

IT'S ON NOW!!! The Battery War has just begun!
Click here to see which phone last longer |Gionee vs Innjoo| - 3000mAh @ N14k ONLY!

I think you skipped Gionee M3.... 5000 mAh battery and other cool features...
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:54am On Sep 06, 2015
HonChidon:
Noting like me Nokia Lumia 625
Do me a favour...... GERRAARRAAHIA...... Nigga u don't know natin.....
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by bummyla(m): 1:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why by Emeka71(m): 5:29am On Sep 06, 2015
Innjoo note or Tecno will be just okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: Specification Of This Sony Ericsson K750i Will Make You Smile(Photo) / In Need Of Joikuspot Premium License Code / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.