Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,683 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (44080 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by columbus007(m): 7:42am On Sep 06, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! You're obviously joking. 70 for you indeed

grin grin grin cheesy Hmmm future. Stingy wife cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by instinct57vm(m): 7:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Gaborone:

SonofEl, your last post was a good read.

But then, I'm worried by your use of words: "put her in her place.. ", " humbled her"... what's all that about? And it raises a welter of questions.

Are you sure that's not the 'breaking' I was talking about earlier? Why can't a man meet a rich intelligent woman, and just flow with her, and not make any attempts to make her feel like her wealth and intelligence is something she should be apologizing for? Why cant he just hear the opposing view of his medical student of a girlfriend, without interpreting it to mean she is trying to supersede him because he read food and nutrition? W hy cant he just enjoy an intelligent discuss with her, without interpreting it to mean she is 'showing herself'. Why can't her just befriend and love her, give her a chance to let him know who she really is, before judging her as proud and insubordinate?

Why does he have to 'humble' her? What does that even mean?

If you ve followed this thread carefully&understood wat warrants the ilustration he made, or perhaps if you are a man, or if you ve had to deal with egolistic ladies, I tink you would have understood the guy better instead of writing this epistle just to spite him...One of the tinzz dt makes a man a man is how he manages the opposite sex..And so far he's or he was in the shoes, he's been doin wat exactly he tot is needed to manage the feminine&is been working for him...so U should be the one not to exaggerate. peace
NB>IF you are a lady, u myt stl argue abt my comments, but men has very little or zero tendency to argue abt this simple stuff

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by columbus007(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

see eh, most of my female friends are career women and rich business women. the are the ones craving to have marital homes. that is not to say, you don't find a few humble ones among them. I already have my boo who is intelligent and well-to-do, but dear, she doesn't intimidate me. she saw what I had that humbled her, and it was neither money nor intelligent.

I think cholerics go best with phlegmatics regardless of the gender involved.

I had a rich and intelligent female HOD when I was the course rep of my department back in the university days. we were close, and she give me some nuggets of wisdom that till today, works for me. I had a female boss where I once worked, believe me. she wasn't much older than me, but my popularity amongst the staff made her want 'prove her superiority' na she tire eventually. we are friends and confidants today. I once dated a medical student, I studied food science and nutrition, but being who she is, she gives remarks or make statements to supersede mine because she believes as students we both were, she was more 'placed' than I was. wisdom prevailed. I used wisdom to conquer her.

do you know that a wise woman will never try directly or indirectly to intimidate her husband even. if he 'feels' intimidated. in her wisdom, she has a way of making him feel on top. its only insecure men that feels threatened by rich and successful women.
I don almost believe u finish until I now say make I take time check u for dp,bt wetin I see there faint me,bro that part you said she saw what you had that humble her cheesy,na man you be
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2015
A jobless man should not get married. And if it's during the marriage, why won't you wish your wife well? Anyways some men feel insecure sha
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2015
kazey123:
The two things you outline are few among what i so much desire in my woman.. In as much she will be humble.

What a wonderful person she would be. Educated, rich and yet humble. Very rare in Nigeria where showing-off is a national sport.
I hope, you will find such a lady.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by agarawu23(m): 7:58am On Sep 06, 2015
adazinnie:
so because I jam luck you go come collect 70% na dere wahala go start naaa...pls stop dreaming..wat u said would b decided by d lady not you....Person like you should biko marry d one you are richer Dan else dere would b problem... u hear,no do say she will understand ooo because wen you try to become too bossy because u feel you are d man of d house woman wea get kolo no go agree at all...na dere you go hear ontop my money Bros abeg park well...
grin grin grin I know go marry woman wey get kolo mental
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2015
olalat:
And u are uncouth idiot who lack the ethic nd wisdom of discussing on forum like this.

and you are the one with the ethics and wisdom who have no problem calling another an 'idiot'. You need to look in the mirror, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2015
Mindfulness:

What a wonderful person she would be. Educated, rich and yet humble. Very rare in Nigeria where showing-off is a national sport.
I hope, you will find such a lady.

Gold digger!

Go and hook up with ladies off your class
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by refreshrate: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2015
ireneidiva:

Why should a jobless man even get married?

Time & tide my dear.
Time & tide. One policy from someone at the top and the seemingly employed guy is on the street.

Are you not in Nigeria?
Name one sector that boasts of job security today.

If he wasn't jobless when he got married it could still happen afterwards.
Bragging rights on employ no dey reign again o.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:

Gold digger!

Go and hook up with ladies off your class

Sorry? I don't understand.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Kenchukky(m): 8:15am On Sep 06, 2015
Must she even get married to a man. She has achieved education/wealth let her live her life to the fullest and go meet her God. Too much man matter here
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:

Like she no go divorce you when you tire her
It's vice versa
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Justicealh3(m): 8:15am On Sep 06, 2015
kstadaura:
Can you marry a lady that is more educated,richer than you?. or she is working and you are unemployed?

Is she going to be loyal in the long run?
Hmmm, rich or educated dam me, she'll final end up in kiching.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Macgreat(m): 8:16am On Sep 06, 2015
there's nothing wrong in a woman earning more money than the man, cos in the end it's their money cheesy

if your woman earn more than you don't let it bother you, make plans and put that money to good use. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Vello(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2015
kstadaura:
Can you marry a lady that is more educated,richer than you?. or she is working and you are unemployed?

Is she going to be loyal in the long run?
As long as she acknowledges and accords me my place and love, I see no reason not to.
As regards being loyal, it's her call but I better not find out.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2015
For those who said NO its better you're married to an housewife,because in the long run if she's a working class, she might become richer than you.......NO ONE KNOWS TOMORROW
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by refreshrate: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2015
tartarus:
Nigerian men - over grown, low self esteemed babies! cheesy
An independent woman will always hurt a typical nigerian man's ego! Pathetic

YES and YES, I can marry a woman with those attributes, we'll build an empire together! wink

You think buying recharge card for OND 2 babe is the same thing as marrying a woman bah?

The issue here is not ego, it's how women can get when power enters their domain.

Nigerian woman borrows you 10k
The next day you give her 30k as normal dash
Third day of she comes to remind you of the 10k you borrowed, don't open mouth or try to understand Jack sh!t just know no be the same wiring una get.

Meanwhile which episode of empire are you on now?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by SmartMugu: 8:21am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:

Do I look like I was born yesterday? Keep your lies to yourselfcheesy. She won't have felt the need to remind you of you have indeed achieved all that.
We don't know eachother outside NL, I have no gains screaming any achievements to no one. I don't even use the degrees anymore. So, no need to say a word more.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Justicealh3:
Hmmm, rich or educated dam me, she'll final end up in kiching.

And what is the kitchen meant to be, demeaning? undecided

Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by TaoBalinga: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

don't be too sure about that. let's be sincere. the average male is territorial and egoistic. until you understand that, you won't be able to truly conquer a man's heart.
brother, you are so correct.. Im a very egolistic guy, i just love being in control and seriously, this i killing my relationship with my current gf, she says i use to behave like i know all and i am always right.. Wat can i do to supress this please?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

see eh, most of my female friends are career women and rich business women. the are the ones craving to have marital homes. that is not to say, you don't find a few humble ones among them. I already have my boo who is intelligent and well-to-do, but dear, she doesn't intimidate me. she saw what I had that humbled her, and it was neither money nor intelligent.

I think cholerics go best with phlegmatics regardless of the gender involved.

I had a rich and intelligent female HOD when I was the course rep of my department back in the university days. we were close, and she give me some nuggets of wisdom that till today, works for me. I had a female boss where I once worked, believe me. she wasn't much older than me, but my popularity amongst the staff made her want 'prove her superiority' na she tire eventually. we are friends and confidants today. I once dated a medical student, I studied food science and nutrition, but being who she is, she gives remarks or make statements to supersede mine because she believes as students we both were, she was more 'placed' than I was. wisdom prevailed. I used wisdom to conquer her.

do you know that a wise woman will never try directly or indirectly to intimidate her husband even. if he 'feels' intimidated. in her wisdom, she has a way of making him feel on top. its only insecure men that feels threatened by rich and successful women.

You are not practical!

The level of humility required of a richer and well educated woman is higher would be higher. if you were arguing and you happen to say the wrong thing, her first instinct will be to counter you because instinctively she knows you are wrong and she knows better than you are. You will be embarrassed although it will not be her intention, her knowledge is part of her. You will be asking for to much to ask her to not be who she is and that will definitely hurt you ego. And if she were a richer woman, it is either you consider her money as our money or not. if you consider her money as part of the family's common pocket she will be hurt if she thinks you are a spendthrift or if eventually you break up. She will consider herself used and might be willing to do some damages. However if she contributes as much as you do, How would you feel if she purchased a Cadillac because that is what she wants while you will be driving around with your Toyota Corolla. What man wouldn't feel intimidated if it happened in his home. A woman if she were 'wise or humble'in that situation will have to forgo her wants or wait long enough till she has enough to buy two Cadillacs.

What about her schedule? She is more likely to busier than you and that would mean less presence in the kitchen and the home. Are you willing to take that burden for the sake of her and her home? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2015
SmartMugu:

We don't know eachother outside NL, I have gains screaming any achievements to no one. So, no need to say a word more.

Achievements ko Achievements ni
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2015
TaoBalinga:

brother, you are so correct.. Im a very egolistic guy, i just love being in control and seriously, this i killing my relationship with my current gf, she says i use to behave like i know all and i am always right.. Wat can i do to suppress this please?

Learn to listen

Learn to consider her as human with a brain

Embrace your weaknesses or ask her what she thinks her your weaknesses

Put her feelings in consideration when you act or think

Trust her

Appreciate her

And be selfless
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by MIM77(m): 8:43am On Sep 06, 2015
If you must marry her, make sure you dont offend her cos that will be the day she will tell you ur life story i.e. I picked u from the gutters and cleaned u; i cloth u, i feed u, etc An average woman will tell u all the rubbish at the slightest provocation and later say sorry.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by TaoBalinga: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2015
oreos:

Learn to listen

Learn to consider her as human with a brain

Embrace your weaknesses or ask her what she thinks her your weaknesses

Put her feelings in consideration when you act or think

Trust her

Appreciate her

And be selfless
i do this, but its like an habit for me..i cant keep up the act for a week, i just fall back to my old controlling self.. Maybe its the way im wired. Im not submissive, even if im wrong..its really killing my relationship with my gf.. And my friends and some family members. Especially my dad.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by maximumwellness: 8:47am On Sep 06, 2015
grin...i can marry her,provided she's submisive #owo_ni_koko
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by arabianights: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Midehi:
its only true love that can answer that

Lol grin grin grin and Gold diggers.

Men should not pretend as they all know they can do such.Most men now are avoiding "liabilities".Men of today are not like our parents'time.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by arabianights: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2015
maximumwellness:
grin...i can marry her,provided she's submisive #owo_ni_koko

Yes of course! so that every one will assume the wealth is from you abi? You will then go out with the boys and be saying " My house,My car..." whereas you didnt even bring a tyre when you were packing to your [b]"HUSBAND'S "[/b]house.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by huthority01(m): 8:54am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
educated than me YES!
Richer than me NO

In otherwords if you get married to her and she breakthrough you filed for a devoce?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by tforever(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
good question.
She jam her luck under my roof so therefore the money will be 70/30 grin 70 for me 30 for her. After all I am still the head of the family and the family responsibility is still on me smiley if you marry your 'own' wife, she can even put the money under your care as the head
see you sha 70/30 for were.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by arabianights: 8:55am On Sep 06, 2015
MIM77:
If you must marry her, make sure you dont offend her cos that will be the day she will tell you ur life story i.e. I picked u from the gutters and cleaned u; i cloth u, i feed u, etc An average woman will tell u all the rubbish at the slightest provocation and later say sorry.

And if it was reversal case, wont you remind her on her life and parents mscheeeeeeeeww

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by enambobo(m): 8:57am On Sep 06, 2015
SmartMugu:

Pls do me a favor, how do I block you patapata so I don't get a piece of this your loud mouth everyday ever again? Never mind, I'll figure it out myself.
I prayed for you last night so you can be healed. You woke up today chasing me to a different thread with ur bad mouth. Dem send u?
My broda i don notice this lady tey tey, her mouth be like otapiapia. im fit destroy you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / Ghanaian Man With 100 Children Proposes To His Own Daughter Mistakenly. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.