Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (44079 Views)

"Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by hoodmenconcepts: 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
capital YES to educated than me
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by ojun50(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Obaf16:
Lol
babe na so
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Aude(f): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gaborone:

SonofEl, your last post was a good read.

But then, I'm worried by your use of words: "put her in her place.. ", " humbled her"... what's all that about? And it raises a welter of questions.

Are you sure that's not the 'breaking' I was talking about earlier? Why can't a man meet a rich intelligent woman, and just flow with her, and not make any attempts to make her feel like her wealth and intelligence is something she should be apologizing for? Why cant he just hear the opposing view of his medical student of a girlfriend, without interpreting it to mean she is trying to supersede him because he read food and nutrition? W hy cant he just enjoy an intelligent discuss with her, without interpreting it to mean she is 'showing herself'. Why can't her just befriend and love her, give her a chance to let him know who she really is, before judging her as proud and insubordinate?

Why does he have to 'humble' her? What does that even mean?

Well said Gaborone. I concur 100% with you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by MSEdLAW(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
*"'*
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by MSEdLAW(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gaborone:

your intelligent contributions are overwhelmingly laudable...however you come off as an advow feminist..just my observations

I tell you, it's just a situation that I can't understand. Same people open threads about 'hungry' girls. Same people mock girls who can't take themselves out, and call the Kim kadarshian loving ladies bimbos.
Same people burst their veins when they see the rich getting married to the rich. Yet, the same set of people use blanket vituperative terms on intellectually sound ladies who have got something going in their lives.

I feel sorry any woman who marries such men. She will be made to lick the dust to remind him of his headship.

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 07, 2015
toksbisola:
@Op; it takes a strong man to marry a woman richer and more educated then him.

On the other hand, it takes a humble and virtuous woman with good character to not lord it over her man if she is richer and more educated than him.

Some women have this instinct in them to belittle a man who is not at par with them be it with education/riches. A woman would need to train her instincts to remember that even though she is richer and more educated than her man; he’s still the head of the home and should be respected as such accordingly.

Men are advised to watch their lady closely in the area of her trying to correct your every wrong due to her being more educated and richer. If that occurs, then that man should know that problems would arise if that misconception is not addressed immediately.

Just as unemployed women marry employed men; why can’t the same be for an unemployed man marrying an employed lady? It’s not as if the man would remain unemployed in the long-run through the marriage. With her help and encouragement, he can get a job/business later on.

Loyalty to ones mate comes from within and not related to whether the person is educated, rich or unemployed as the case me be.

In all, marriage should be to a partner who you can have/build a happy home with; irrespective of whether they are richer, more educated or unemployed.

I rest my case

haha employed lady marrying unemployed guy...never. If u lose ur job or riches along the line u are in trouble...that is where divorces keep men alive. don't expect proper reasoning from women oh.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Blossom023:
A jobless man should not get married. And if it's during the marriage, why won't you wish your wife well? Anyways some men feel insecure sha
Should a jobless woman get married?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 07, 2015
ireneidiva:

Are they complaining to you? Pray tell me, how will he feed his family? By begging? Pls he should get any little thing to do before thinking of marriage.
so only men take care of family now on..no equality?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by ireneidiva(f): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2015
kosplateau:
so only men take care of family now on..no equality?
So a jobless man should marry a working woman and become a liability right? Bye
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 07, 2015
kosplateau:

A man is described as the head of the home,so what is a head if doesn't have a brain?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
kosplateau:

A man is d head nd will always b d head, so he can marry a jobless woman! If and only if he's got a job. Bt a jobless man, shuld nt make d mistake of gettin married even if d gal he wants 2 marry is rich!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=MSEdLAW post=37746721][/quote]

Thanks for the compliment, I'm humbled.

I almost laughed when I read the second half of your post. Believe me, I'm not one. The fundamentals of feminism fly in the face of my faith, and even nature, so I can't possibly be a feminist. I'm sure you can't find anything belying this in my posts.

Nice day ahead.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
WISDOM
SonOfEl:
yes I can, both don't expect her not to use it against you at some point, because that's a woman for you. mind you what makes you a man is much deeper than more money and a bigger career. you wise judgements in crucial issues makes her trust you and obey you, because she will respect your views. two, if you are a romantic lover and fantastic in BEDmatics, she will call you lord, trust me.... three, once you are not the nosy and possessive type, it makes her free and herself with you..... there are many more deep things that tames any amazon queen or lioness as so called.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
grin oMO OYINBO PO GAN NI nAIRALAND OO!! Don't try my people oo. Abi ogbo nka ni? "emulate kor, simulate ni" Mo gboebo! grin grin grin grin
Kimoni:

D grin grin you guys ehnn the other day, someone said "emulate kor, simulate ni" grin grin

Wonder where you guys learn this from. Meanwhile, be nice to a lady wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
kikikiki...... this place na forom nao.....
you no a bia palo?
Enh enh..... na so this place be.... grin grin
!quote author=oreos post=37713806]How many of you sef have actually met a rich woman?undecided

Bunch of pathetic souls[/qute]
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Why brag with a non-transferable property in the first place? What is the course for Family affair in any higher institution in the world? Family 10-0-1? Intelligent ladies don't brag. But as for me that kind of a lady is tool for someone like me. Am gonna be treating her like an Aboki walahi and she will keep doing what I want. See the driving hormone in women largely differs to ours. But a man that can use that to his advantage over any type of woman is the REAL MAN.
oreos:

How can a woman with PhD go out with a guy like you? No wonder she won't stop taking about her PhD.

‘She has seen you finished'
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
darediamond:
Why brag with a non-transferable property in the first place? What is the course for Family affair in any higher institution in the world? Family 10-0-1? Intelligent ladies don't brag. But as for me that kind of a lady is tool for someone like me. Am gonna be treating her like an Aboki walahi and she will keep doing what I want. See the driving hormone in women largely differs to ours. But a man that can use that to his advantage over any type of woman is the REAL MAN.

She is not bragging. She is simply being herself, pointing out the obvious.

There is no such thing as a real man. A man is a man when he is considerate, goal oriented, firm, a great listener etc. Men like you are weak. You are not born with it. It is innate. You lack it. If you have to think of behaving in certain way especially a way that demeans another human to gain respect, you are no man. You are a weakling. You are no different from the bullies you encountered on the school playground. You are insecure.undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Kimoni: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
darediamond:
grin oMO OYINBO PO GAN NI nAIRALAND OO!! Don't try my people oo. Abi ogbo nka ni? "emulate kor, simulate ni" Mo gboebo! grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Emi o gbo eebo ooo
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by donttouch: 2:32am On Sep 08, 2015
agarawu23:
good question.
She jam her luck under my roof so therefore the money will be 70/30 grin 70 for me 30 for her. After all I am still the head of the family and the family responsibility is still on me smiley if you marry your 'own' wife, she can even put the money under your care as the head

We Don hear!
Grow cup first, and then marry
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by agarawu23(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
donttouch:

We Don hear!
Grow cup first, and then marry
who told you I am not married cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Which "Obvious" in the face of one Step to Matrimony? So her phd will make a stable home for her? Or is that a surety to ultimate financial security at all? Okay what does she want the guy to make out of her unwisely reminding him she as bagged "phd"?
oreos:

She is not bragging. She is simply being herself, pointing out the obvious.

There is no such thing as a real man. A man is a man when he is considerate, goal oriented, firm, a great listener etc. Men like you are weak. You are not born with it. It is innate. You lack it. If you have to think of behaving in certain way especially a way that demeans another human to gain respect, you are no man. You are a weakling. You are no different from the bullies you encountered on the school playground. You are insecure.undecided

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
darediamond:
Which "Obvious" in the face of one Step to Matrimony? So her phd will make a stable home for her? Or is that a surety to ultimate financial security at all? Okay what does she want the guy to make out of her unwisely reminding him she as bagged "phd"?
She is not reminding himundecided

The knowledge you gain becomes a part of who you are. That knowledge is a part of who she is. undecided. What would you have her do? Behave like someone else to please your ego or what?

You should worry less about a woman with more money or a PhD, you need to fix your esteem issues first.undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? by darediamond(m): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sure, you do not understand a simple question( Okay what does she want the guy to make out of her unwisely reminding him she as bagged "phd"?) let alone giving the perfect answer. What a pity. You think like a woman!

She is not reminding himundecided

The knowledge you gain becomes a part of who you are. That knowledge is a part of who she is. undecided. What would you have her do? Behave like someone else to please your ego or what?

You should worry less about a woman with more money or a PhD, you need to fix your esteem issues first.undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.