Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday (4465 Views)

11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market / First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) / Banks Plan Nationwide Shut-Down Over DSS Detention Of Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by chyemma: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2009
Our Dear Yaba Market have just been demolished yesterday 3rd April 2009.

The worst part is that there is no alternative place for all these  people I mean another place for them to stay, dont forget that some two or three years back, the famous Tejuoho market was burnt down by God knows who, and most of these folks at the yaba market are those whose shop was among those that burnt down.

We all know that following Gov. Fasholas quest to make Lagos state a mega city that one day yaba market will be demolished as well, but couldnt it wait till the Tejuosho market which is still under construction is completed?
Also a lot of other people from other demolished market have now relocated to the so called yaba market, now it is gone, where are all these peolpe going to?

I wish I could get the pictures to post here but I couldnt take any shot because of the diappointment or do I say depression on the faces of all the guys and women I saw, so I also felt for them, I couldnt just take any shot at all, but if any one has any pls post for people to see.

I believe some people will be sent back to the village; Olorun Ma je
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by congoshine(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2009
chyemma:

The worst part is that there is no alternative place for all these people I mean another place for them to stay, dont forget that some two or three years back, the famous Tejuoho market was burnt down by God knows who, and most of these folks at the yaba market are those whose shop was among those that burnt down.

We all know that following Gov. Fasholas quest to make Lagos state a mega city that one day yaba market will be demolished as well, but couldnt it wait till the Tejuosho market which is still under construction is completed?
Also a lot of other people from other demolished market have now relocated to the so called yaba market, now it is gone, where are all these peolpe going to?

I wish I could get the pictures to post here but I couldnt take any shot because of the diappointment or do I say depression on the faces of all the guys and women I saw, so I also felt for them, I couldnt just take any shot at all, but if any one has any pls post for people to see.

I[b] believe some people will be sent back to the village; Olorun Ma je[/b]

Why Olorun Maje?

Must we all be in Lagos? who will do the farming? Its a really smart move by Fashola. People should begin to look inwards ,
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2009
@poster
thats the price some will av to pay for the mega city project.

and yes, Lagos is not a must, if u cant cope, u can relocate. Afterall, lagos is still open, u can always come for holidays, lol
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by honeric01(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2009
chyemma:

The worst part is that there is no alternative place for all these people I mean another place for them to stay, dont forget that some two or three years back, the famous Tejuoho market was burnt down by God knows who, and most of these folks at the yaba market are those whose shop was among those that burnt down.

They should try other options e.g Relocating back to their various state where they would find numerous opportunity to make it better and even spend less in the process. (Lagos is too expensive for a common man to live in)

I believe some people will be sent back to the village; Olorun Ma je
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by chyemma: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2009
congoshine:

Why Olorun Maje?

Must we all be in Lagos? who will do the farming? Its a really smart move by Fashola. People should begin to look inwards ,

What are you doing in lagos? why dont you go to the village and do the farming yourself?
some people could be so negative about other people's welfare.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by PurestBoy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2009
Fashola is da best thing that could ever happen to 9ja, Go on demolishing markets, infact we don't want any market in Lag.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by alex406(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2009
PurestBoy:

Fashola is da best thing that could ever happen to 9ja, Go on demolishing markets, infact we don't want any market in Lag.
You dont even know what you are saying,thank God your ass is very far from Lagos,i would have compared you with something.The man is there destroying every market where most people sort for means of livelihood without providing alternative yet you are here bragging as if he is your elder peep.Go get some sleep man and come back to NLD for better optionz.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by honeric01(m): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2009
They should try other options e.g Relocating back to their various state where they would find numerous opportunities to make it better and even spend less in the process. (Lagos is too expensive for a common man to live in).

Lagos can't be like this forever
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by alex406(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2009
chyemma:

dont forget that some two or three years back, the famous Tejuoho market was burnt down by God knows who, and most of these folks at the yaba market are those whose shop was among those that burnt down.

I wonder what he is doing about the Tejuosho construction,the place is as adamant as a desert as if work is not going on there.So he should try and do something or does he wants demolish it as well?
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by alex406(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2009
honeric01:

They should try other options e.g Relocating back to their various state where they would find numerous opportunities to make it better and even spend less in the process. (Lagos is too expensive for a common man to live in).

Lagos can't be like this forever

Your type cant be a Governor else you will not accommodate people in your state.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by bawomolo(m): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2009
alex406:

Your type cant be a Governor else you will not accommodate people in your state.

How can people be accommodated in a state that's overpopulated?

Urban planning isn't xenophobic.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by honeric01(m): 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2009
alex406:

With the overpopulation in Lagos, i will do more than what BRF is doing.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Redman44(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2009
We need to realize that what Governor Raji Fashola is doing is good. There is no gain without pain. Lagos needs to be sanitized and made very organized. I'm sure BRF will find somewhere for the traders to sell their wares without them obstructing traffic and throwing so much waste around. I also think it is time for people to start thinking of settling down in other states. Lagos is not the only place where money can be made. Do you know how much money is made at Bodija Market in Ibadan daily? or the Oja- Oba market in Akure, Ondo State? What the Lagos State Government needs to do is to construct Modern Markets for traders that are far removed from areas where people live. Cheers.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by otokx(m): 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2009
There really is no gain without pain.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2009
@redmayne. . .

u talkz zenze! wink
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by luvinhubby(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2009
Making the poor poorer without affordable alternatives is no way of creating mega city. Mega cities are built by people financially empowered thru good governance. Nigeria, including Lagos has an average life expectancy of 47yrs and over 80 per cent live below $2 per day and compounding their problems thru demolition is TELLING A DYING TO HURRY UP AND DIE. cry cry cry
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by MrCrackles(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2009
Good move grin
However i hope they find an alternative trading place for those affected!
cheesy
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by congoshine(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2009
chyemma:

What are you doing in lagos? why dont you go to the village and do the farming yourself?
some people could be so negative about  other people's welfare.

I'm not in Lagos.

Im managing my poultry/fish farm 5kms from my village tongue

Advise your fellow Yaba traders affected by the renovation to do same.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by sunboy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2009
Too bad, no alternatives nau , angry where else do i now buy my akube(s) Oga Fash should answer me, im gonna lose my padis , no more akube wears be that ooooo
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by raphy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2009
wazup ppl!
oh no i once posted a topic bout tejusho market got burnt here way bck,
any way yaba market demolition most be a new side,
i was once a basket boi in tejusho mrkt whle i learn interior deco from mon-fri
satday was d day i will look for pocket money. on dec 18 2007 market burnt
while i was away on a retreat so no more pocket money i put my fucuse in interio
decor,am still striving will be graduating this yr.to all the shops owners at teju take heart
wit GOD all things are posible,i hve lost all my friends i make in basket boi bizness plus customers but i hvnt lost my life. smiley
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Sauron1: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Good move grin
However i hope they find an alternative trading place for those affected!
cheesy

I know this will chuff you to bits.
Now u can breathe easy your chics in Lagos won't be wearing 2nd hand undies for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by femzy(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2009
hmmmmm, Fashola and Markets!!!!!!!
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Pepeye(f): 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2009
That’s the way the cookie crumbles for this traders . . .however they will survive
Naija’s are great survivors
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by zoraro(m): 12:28am On Apr 05, 2009
Fashola is like Emperor Nero of Rome who burnt the city of Rome because he wanted to built a better city not minding or caring about what happens to the citizens.
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by namun(f): 12:29am On Apr 05, 2009
must everyone be in lagos. apart from that lagos is overpopulated. everyone apart from genuine lagosians have their various villages. please go and develop your states
simple advice
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by zoraro(m): 12:33am On Apr 05, 2009
namun:

must everyone be in lagos. apart from that lagos is overpopulated. everyone apart from genuine lagosians have their various villages. please go and develop your states
simple advice
When all the Lagosians in other States also come back to Lagos It will still be Over Populated still. grin
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by tpia: 4:15am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 05, 2009
Yaba is actually a city name?

LOL, and here I thought Yaba Left was just a Nigerian joke undecided
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by tpia: 4:29am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by tpia: 4:32am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday by tpia: 4:34am On Apr 05, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gift bags and packaging bags(pics inside) / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Dollar As At Today / Firstbank Chinese Business Forum Deepens Intercontinental Partnerships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.