Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Urgent Help Nairaland - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Help Nairaland (1588 Views)

Urgent Help For My Gsd Puppy / Urgent Help. My 2 Months Rott Stopped Eating And She Is Growing Lean. / Urgent Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
my 2 months dog start feel weak, vomiting and stooling blood I then went to vet which it was treated today and d doctor said I should come on. Monday to complete d treatment
Am scared because d sickness till persist can it survive it till like monday
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by coolsegun2002: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Thank God this OP get plenty sense for head,..unlike some wey go first carry phone dey create thread say their pet dey die b4 dem go come read chucky234 and prodigee advice b4 going to d vet......back to d matter....u've done the right thing first by going to d vet...all u need do is wait..if u love ur dog enough to involve God in d matter...a little prayer can't be that bad....u could give him a little oil...incase its poison..but I doubt it shaa..its probably a case of parvo..or some serious worm ....he'll be fine in d morning...I was in ur shoes once...
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Tanx coolsegun, it was treated today but d vomiting and stooling of blood till persist wanted to knw if he will be fine by tomorrow
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Magpies(m): 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
first thing first.
when was he/she last dewormed?
is he/she vaccinated?
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
hv nt been dewormed or. vaccinated jst d dat dis afternoon but he vomited every thing
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Magpies(m): 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
now there lies it all
is it still feeding?
how does its poo looks like?
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by xreal: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
I pray for your dog.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
watering and redish
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
xreal:
I pray for your dog.
Amen
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 4:21am On Sep 06, 2015
...e
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2015
Is he stable?from ur explanation I doubt if he is stable and as such it could lead to dehydration.
Ur pet need to be placed on infusion.
My last experience I was taking the pups to the clinic daily for Dextro saline drips and metronidazole infusion,it almost lasted a week.
I'm sorry its like a symptom of parvo.and the pup should be quarantined especially if u have other dogs,and wash ur hands wth bleach everytime u re in contact wth D dog.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:
Is he stable?from ur explanation I doubt if he is stable and as such it could lead to dehydration.
Ur pet need to be placed on infusion.
My last experience I was taking the pups to the clinic daily for Dextro saline drips and metronidazole infusion,it almost lasted a week.
I'm sorry its like a symptom of parvo.and the pup should be quarantined especially if u have other dogs,and wash ur hands wth bleach everytime u re in contact wth D dog.
Yes @ bounty dog d treatment is two days according to d vet doctor I started yesterday and will finish on Monday jst hope it will survive.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
i think it getting better even though hv nt eaten since yesterday evening he is sleeping tru out today
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by neronito: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
Bros, make sure that "vet" is a registered veterinarian and not one of those quacks on the street, cos even if a treatment is for two days, most times it has to be consecutive and not giving a 2 day gap as u just stated (till Monday)...Like I once stated on this section, my present dog suffered from the above stated parvo at 5months even after series of vaccinations, but thank God for the qualified veterinary surgeon which was recommended at the time, my dog was placed on a 5day (consecutive) treatment plan, tho expensive but very effective and my dog consequently got better...did your vet tell u the cause of those symptoms, did he carryout any tests to give a proper diagnosis, did he advice u on what to do before u take the dog back to him on Monday. God bless you and your canine friend.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes he said it was parvo virus dat dis is it's seawon(raining ).and asked if I hv vaccine it b4 I sad no So he told me dat d treatment would be two days but becos 2day is Sunday he will continue on Monday
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by nike4love: 7:59am On Sep 07, 2015
it is very important before you get a dog, find a good vet and after you get the dog take the dog to the vet for inspection and vaccination.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
cry .am very sad d dog is @ d point of death, getting very weak
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Apitch(m): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Pet section has turned into something else. Imagine this situation n the knowledgeable guys are mute.
Bro I think u should change vet cos ur vet saying parvo is a 2days treatment is a NO NO for me
Target giving ur dog fluids to fight the dehydration. I advice U put glucose in water and give for now and get a good vet 2moro
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
d dog is nw dead RIP....... BOBBY. rest in peace
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Apitch(m): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
Dochman224:
d dog is nw dead
RIP....... BOBBY. rest in peace
So sorry about that! It iz well
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by sayoberry(f): 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sorry about your dog Bros. I feel for you.
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Eveezy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
sorry about your loss bro, it aint easy loosing a dog, worse part is watching d dog go tru pains and eventually dies despite all your efforts to save the puppy, u even lucky d pup had not grown too far if not d pain would have been more, i lost two adult dogs in less that 6 months, and am still not over them but i compensated my self by getting another and ensuring that certain mistakes i made in d past, i dont do again, so bro take heart, u could check kuzee thread of snap and upload your dogs for a pic of my new pup. Am gonna repeat, getting another would help in situations wen u are usd to d dog being around and ensuring that u dont make same mistakes
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by nike4love: 12:04am On Sep 08, 2015
so sorry,
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2015
tanx
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2015
Dochman224:
tanx

So sorry,but I must say ur vet did not take the right approach,what he should have fought against is dehydration and like I stated earlier,ts not like saying a 2day or 5day treatment thing,but he has to continue until the pup starts to eat by himself.admnistering antibiotics for a young dog that s vommiting & stooling without a form of rehydrating him is not right.the 1st thing he should have secured it to rehydrate him with drips(saline)and there should not be a break,he should ve provided for treatment even on sundays.yea all day till the dog is cleansed off the infection.
Though parvo is 20% chances of survival for a pup,I know some vets that wll do 80%.
If u must get another pup now,you will have to wash all the places the previous dog stayed with bleach and possibly dispose of some tangible stuffs he had like the toys et al
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2015
Dochman224:
i think it getting better even though hv nt eaten since yesterday evening he is sleeping tru out today

If only he had been admnistering the drips plus metronidazole,he might have survived it as u stated here that he was sleeping thruout D day,that shows he was stable
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Dochman224:

If only he had been admnistering the drips plus metronidazole,he might have survived it as u stated here that he was sleeping thruout D day,that shows he was stable.
Too much antibiotic without rehydrating will definitely kill D pup.just like series of antibiotic on empty stomach for days
Re: Urgent Help Nairaland by Dochman224(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
yap

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Bobby Saxy And Younglawya / Ten(10) Tips For Taking Care Of Your Dog by Dr. Stuart Nelson, Jr., DVM / Picture of 7months Pure Gsd For Sale in Benin city

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.