Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? (1138 Views)

Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by xertyy: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
We human generally like quantifying Sins.. We tend to have different level of sin.. I really don't understand,some people will say this is a big Sin while this is a small sin.. But the bible makes us to understand that all sin are equal, nothing like big sin or small sin.. The way the society handles someone that stole meat in the pot is quite different from the way they will handle someone that stole car.. Even in our homes, they way parents handle children that stole #5 naira is different from the way they will treat another that steals 1000naira

For Example in our Mentality we see someone that stole maggi and get killed by the mob, some will say is it because of maggi they killed him, while when arm robbers that get caught when they steal in the bank and get killed,people won't pity them much like that person who stole maggi.

Another Example : when someone asks you for money or something you tell the person you don't have meanwhile you have it at that moment.. We don't see something wrong with this kind of Lies.. But if we see a prostitute we simply tag her a sinner and see everything wrong with her.. But biblically all are sinners too!

So My Question Goes Thus : "Why Do people Rate sin or Quantify Sin" in our society.
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by fromnigeria(m): 7:04am On Sep 06, 2015
Only one sin is the worst sin, thats Idolatry.

Your example because of the low level insurgy we're suffering in this cline. grin
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 06, 2015
Reading and understanding the bible takes the holy spirit, u can judge the bible by a single verse, bro heaven is heaven but u cant say u as an ordinary christian u will be given the same crown as pastor chris oyakhilome or TB JOSHUA, so as hell is hell but there are deep part of hell that are meant for lucifer and his direct angels, u cant expect a thief that stole maggi to be in the deepest part of hell. BUT been deep or non deep it is better nt to go to hell.
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by nobilis: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
Bcaus they dont understand the bible

On the contrary, it is because that is exactly how the bible taught them to think.
The bible itself rates and quantifies sin.
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 06, 2015

So My Question Goes Thus : "Why Do people Rate sin or Quantify Sin" in our society.

how do you expect someone who lie about a very trivial issue to be in the same category with someone who committed mass murder...
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 06, 2015
nobilis:

On the contrary, it is because that is exactly how the bible taught them to think.
The bible itself rates and quantifies sin.
read again my earlier post
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by xertyy: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2015
You will see A Man and someone will call him on phone if he's around or at home,th man will Say No he's not at home.. No one will say he has committed a sin.. But if you see a man committing fornication or adultry they will call that a sin too.. Isn't all of them Sin?

The money some of the politician donates in churches are stolen funds but people won't react, but you will see a pastor judging a criminal that rob to give offering.. Isn't all sin? Why do we rate sins? If you lie "some will call it white lie" no guilty conscience attached but some will lie about something else then people will be like he's a liar and a sinner.. So many examples

Lalasticlala
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by nobilis: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
read again my earlier post

I read and understood your earlier post.
The OP asked, why do people rate and quantify sin?
And u said, because they don't understand the bible. And I gave you a contrary notion to that.
Because if people don't understand the bible, they won't be quantifying sin.
They actually quantify sin because they UNDERSTAND the bible.

Unless u urself didn't understand what u wrote.
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2015
nobilis:

I read and understood your earlier post.
The OP asked, why do people rate and quantify sin?
And u said, because they don't understand the bible. And I gave you a contrary notion to that.
Because if people don't understand the bible, they won't be quantifying sin.
They actually quantify sin because they UNDERSTAND the bible.

Unless u urself didn't understand what u wrote.
I have modified it
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by nobilis: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
I have modified it

So that's not your earlier post, as u termed it.
That is your modified post.
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Brown47: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
Reading and understanding the bible takes the holy spirit, u can judge the bible by a single verse, bro heaven is heaven but u cant say u as an ordinary christian u will be given the same crown as pastor chris oyakhilome or TB JOSHUA, so as hell is hell but there are deep part of hell that are meant for lucifer and his direct angels, u cant expect a thief that stole maggi to be in the deepest part of hell. BUT been deep or non deep it is better nt to go to hell.
even
malvisguy212 wont agree with you, i think he need some spirit?
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Brown47:
even
lol ure right
Re: Why Do People Quantify or Rate Sins? by xertyy: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Looool
Brown47:
even

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Original Seed Of Baraka (black Seed) And Cubeb Seed In Lagos / Bro. Joshua Iginla Storms Abuja With Fire In My Bone 4 / The Most Found Gender In HELL FIRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.