Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 (23473 Views)

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" / FG Approves Upgrade Of Benin Airport To Int’l Standard With Cargo Terminal / Osinbajo Gives LASG Go-ahead To Reconstruct Lagos Int’l Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by erico2k2(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

This one na fat lie o guy..... This project na Buhari first intiate am and jona get no hand for here. Everything wey baba do now every body go dey talk sey na jonathan first start am. All these PDP people sef..
lalasticlala and his wife abeg FPT.
So those Airport no dey exist b4 PMB enter post abi, guy try read small b4 U comment nah,two years now Lufthansa,KLm and Air france started dropping us off i n PHC just cos of the upgrade of the Airport, not yet fully completed but the People of PHC are for ever grateful that we can leave London,france and german and arrive in PHC jumping all those hungry customs and immigration officials in MM

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by macfriet: 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
You don't just get it guy, It's our project initiated and paid by the former president. PMB has no hand whatsover on it. He should be magnanimous enough to give glory to whom its due, GEJ.
Bollinger:

And this is why there is so much confussion in Nigeria. There is nothing like "my" or "his" project. It "our" project meant for Nigerians. If anything, even if it is jonathan who initiated it, Buhari's job is to continue it. I tire for una.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
M4gunners:
That is how it suppose to be, but sooner or later APC will accuse Jonathan of embezzling that money. Turn around to take glory of works done by Jonathan.
They already did, but U know who lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by anataala: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
i guess you're referring to your father not PMB
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is a terrorist", Quote me anywhere.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
atlwireles:

Why are you always pretending to be smarter than a primary five pupil? Permanent sec. speaks on who's behalf? undecided

"It is noteworthy that even though President Buhari, in his reported comments on the allegation, made no reference to Dr. Okonjo-Iweala but rightly stressed the need for due process and transparency in the execution of public projects, a sponsored media campaign has once again been launched by political elements to make the former Minister the culprit in a non-existent scandal". http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-denies-alleged-diversion-of-china-exim-bank-loan/217685/
(The pasted is part of Ngozi's response to the Permanent Secretary)
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Bollinger(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
macfriet:
You don't just get it guy, It's our project initiated and paid by the former president. PMB has no hand whatsover on it. He should be magnanimous enough to give glory to whom its due, GEJ.

There are so many projects bush started before obama came in all for our benefit. I never heard obama say his projects, it was always our project. This is a core Nigerian problem. My tribe, your tribe crap is destroying you and you all can't see it.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by nijanigga: 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB is a terrorist", Quote me anywhere.
then you should be dead by now.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by mmsen: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
It's clear that this man has no ideas of his own. This is a man whose only platform prior to 2013 was Sharia law. He was the man calling for amnesty for terrorists who wish to impose Islamic Sharia law on Nigeria as an entity.

I'm glad that he is continuing the good projects from the previous administration but so far he has done nothing to suggest that he has a plan for Nigeria besides ensuring that those close to him are in positions of authority.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Deltagiant: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
hansad:

So you mean whatever good thing, good news, that is associated with Buhari has a terrorist attachment to it?

Lol.

But, what is the 'news' here. Is it another president's projects that are nearing completion or what?

What is the 'good news' you're talking about?

We wanna see Buhari's initiatives now...And he better get them started before he wastes his 4 years in his vendetta mission.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by enigmang: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Looking at Port Harcourt airport... This date is not realistic...
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by TheFreeOne: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
[b]
The remodeling of the airports located in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu, was conceived by the former Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, at the cost of $500 million, including a counterpart funding of $100 million (N20billion) from government on Built, Operate and Transfer (BOT) basis. [/b]Bello, who made this disclosure weekend in an interview with THISDAY in Abuja, averred that finance was not an impediment to the delivery of all the projects going on simultaneously in the five major states of the country.
According to her, "We don’t have any financial impediment that would slow down the work that is in progress. For instance there is no problem of finance with the finance of the five ongoing international terminals.

"The five international airport remodeling terminals are being financed by the Chinese EXIM bank loan and federal government’s counterpart funding of $100 million, which has been paid at the commencement of the projects. I therefore assured that the contractors will deliver the project by the first quarter of 2016."

Though the title sounds as if it's Buhari initiative but it's good that credit is given to whom is due.

The FG should ensure the timeline is adhered to.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Geesarki(m): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
Atlantian:
You cant even spell. Yeye illiterate. When your mates where going to school, the poverty in family lineage prevented you. Now you think all human beings are equal in nairaland. Foolish fool.

It's a pity you don't know that people write in a short form in this generation. I don't blame you son of a fisher man. How I wish you know the person you're talking with, the word illiterate wouldn't emanate from you. Glory be to the internet.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
M4gunners:
Gbam God bless you for this comment here.
Rubbish comment
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by TrebleChamp(m): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari should initiate his own projects abeg, and stop attaching himself to GEJ's projecsts. the funding for the projects has been secured and the govt has paid its counterpart fund, just like the 2nd Niger Bridge project. so wetin be Buhari own 4 inside? there are many other things Nigeria is lacking which we want him to initiate his own solution to them
So you would be happy to see more abandoned projects that could have impacted positively to you and me scattered across the country because the past govt initiated it? Hate can make you loose a lot in life, always reason positively my broda..
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari should initiate his own projects abeg, and stop attaching himself to GEJ's projecsts. the funding for the projects has been secured and the govt has paid its counterpart fund, just like the 2nd Niger Bridge project. so wetin be Buhari own 4 inside? there are many other things Nigeria is lacking which we want him to initiate his own solution to them
warrior01:
Abeg, wet in consign Buhari with the remodeling of our airports? These are projects initiated by the persecuted Stella Oduah and all funds needed to completion secured. Another credit to Gej's government

Implementation is the real work.Making plans and payment is good and Nigeria has been doing that since forever. Turn around maintenance on our refineries have been planned and paid for before but no proper execution or follow up largely due to corruption and indiscipline. From this report, they have now made a 9month timeline that is to be done by first quarter next year. Meaning that timeline is from July and in tandem with how other sectors have been fast tracking and being zealous since the beginning of this administration, and the weekly meetings of the permanent secretaries with the Presidency.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Image123(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
mmsen:
It's clear that this man has no ideas of his own This is a man whose only platform prior to 2013 was Sharia law. He was the man calling for amnesty for terrorists who wish to impose Islamic Sharia law on Nigeria as an entity.

I'm glad that he is continuing the good projects from the previous administration but so far he has done nothing to suggest that he has a plan for Nigeria besides ensuring that those close to him are in positions of authority.

Every past government in Nigeria has had good plans for Nigeria, the problems has been implementation. Even Abacha and Babangida had good plans,visions2020 ,roadmap etc for our power, healthcare, economy and so on.Do you know since when Stella Oduah and co planned and paid for these without implementation? Now a timeline of 9months is set, 45%groundwork is being done, and I can almost bet that a large chunk of that 45% has something to do with the aura and fear of the new administration. i think we should be patriotic instead of political, election has come and gone.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by gongola(m): 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
doublewisdom:
How will Baba no Action accomplish this? By his body language?
Dude why you always pessimistic about positve things perhaps he is not to do it himself just to approve hmmmm. E.P aka Enemy of progress
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
I hope the dullard wouldn't claim this project as his administration achievement because that is not his infrastructural and other changes promised to the people.

The dullard is not qualified to rule Nigeria in the 21st century. Period!
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by thundafire: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
baba go slow go soon say na APC achievement in remodeling airports kai nd dier mumu supporters go dy shout change is here
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by tiana85(f): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
What about the state of our roads Upgrading international airport terminals is a good one, but domestic travel is also key! not all cities in Nigeria are accessible by air and the state of our roads is just deplorable!!! deep gullies everywhere, single lane turned to dual lane, oil tankers and containers competing with smaller cars, armed robbery, in fact everything is just a mess!!! I just traveled from Portharcourt to Enugu and I have the worst headache! a 2hr 30 min journey turned to 5 hours all because of bad road!
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by notttty(m): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
HOLAROCKDAY:

]please some1 should help me for my one year
industrial training. can't find any company to do
it. civil engineering department. God will surely
help you too
call me.. 08038452528...
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by HitlerGaddafi: 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ikology:

Compound Fooooooool!!!
Na god go purnish you and ur papa. Bastard
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by wiseoneking: 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-to-deliver-n100bn-new-int-l-airport-terminals-in-april-2016/219476/
Stella Odua giant strides still speaking for her long after she has left. God bless Stella Odua, nwanyi igbo.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by shamecurls(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
[size=18pt]Wailing Wailers! Food is ready o...! Come and eat oooo. !

Sai Baba has done it again o!
[/size]

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Akpan107(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
PassingShot:
Reading
your. signature is very funny...
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Image123:

Every past government in Nigeria has had good plans for Nigeria, the problems has been implementation. Even Abacha and Babangida had good plans,visions2020 ,roadmap etc for our power, healthcare, economy and so on.Do you know since when Stella Oduah and co planned and paid for these without implementation? Now a timeline of 9months is set, 45%groundwork is being done, and I can almost bet that a large chunk of that 45% has something to do with the aura and fear of the new administration. i think we should be patriotic instead of political, election has come and gone.
I take it you have not been to any of the international airport in the past three years
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by promise3048(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Another way to re-scam us of 100bn, oh boy politics good oh

[b][/b]uru di ya
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Image123(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

I take it you have not been to any of the international airport in the past three years

i take it you didn't read the report of the permanent secretary.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by Image123(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
tiana85:
What about the state of our roads Upgrading international airport terminals is a good one, but domestic travel is also key! not all cities in Nigeria are accessible by air and the state of our roads is just deplorable!!! deep gullies everywhere, single lane turned to dual lane, oil tankers and containers competing with smaller cars, armed robbery, in fact everything is just a mess!!! I just traveled from Portharcourt to Enugu and I have the worst headache! a 2hr 30 min journey turned to 5 hours all because of bad road!

Blame it on the transformation. Buhari already said at Chatham before election that the economy is bad,and when/if he gets to govern, he'll first have to gather money together before embarking on anything massive.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by ZUBY77(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
basilo101:

Jonathan is smart afteral.

He paid the counterpart funds.
The only possible action Buhari can take is to cancel the project like he did the Lagos railway system in the 80s since the rest of the money is coming from the exim.

However, I know Buhari is a tribal bigot, but his government will be better than that if Jonathan.
Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by mmsen: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
Image123:

Did you not notice the improvements made to airports in Nigeria?

Have you flown to Ibadan recently?

There was implementation and economic growth but because Stella Oduah bought two cars people cried 'corruption'. Meanwhile the governor of Adamawa, a state struggling to battle Boko Haram, has just done likewise and not a sound has been made.

I am not being 'political' - I am neither PDP nor APC; Jonathan nor Buhari. I am a realist.

When progress is being made, I applaud. When there is stagnation I ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

This one na fat lie o guy..... This project na Buhari first intiate am and jona get no hand for here. Everything wey baba do now every body go dey talk sey na jonathan first start am. All these PDP people sef..
lalasticlala and his wife abeg FPT.

I bet stella odua is a minister under PMB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation / Pictures Of Newly Rehabilitated Emelogu Road In Aba / Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.