Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? (638 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Buhari's Appointments So Far! A Hilarious Cartoon By Sahara Reporters / Buhari's Appointments So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by Princedapace(m): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
The big question here is; has Buhari done any wrong with his appointments so far? I asked this question because some people even went as far as suing the president because of this same appointment saga! I have 3 answers to this question: Yes, No and therefore!

I will begin with the No! Buhari as a president has not done anything wrong with his appointments so far! Why? It's simply because he has the right to appoint people he thinks he can work with in his government. The positions so far are quite sensitive and strategical for any administration. As a result of this, it is paramount the government in question work with people the government can trust and account for! Buhari only did what is in his own best interest, considering his vision for the country. I must say this; Buhari has a good vision for this country. These are people he can trust to deliver and remain loyal to him!

Now, the Yes part of the question! Buhari has done everything wrong if you look at it this way: this system of appointments has dominated our political realm for a while now, in fact, since inception, Nigerians have seen it done this way. Buhari only did what has been the norm so, where is the change promised? Change is not all about building skyscrapers, roads, schools etc, change is also about the system. The system is completely sick and we need to heal it. When I heard change, I was expecting to see things done differently but no, still the same old songs. He is wrong from this point. If you want to credit this appointments based on merit and competence, it means you want to tell me there is no single person from the south east who is competent? That is wrong to assume! If Buhari had interest in giving any of these positions to that region, he would have identify one or two credible persons.

Still on the same old song: it's like a norm in sub sahara Africa for a leader to directly or indirectly punish a region that failed to vote for him/her during election! Buhari is only playing the same song so, where is the changed? It's completely uncalled for! He could have silenced his critics with one or two important positions for that region; in politics, never you give your opponent the opportunity to nail you.
still the same old blame game: I don't know if APC and PDP really have observed how ruling party and main opposition go about with the business of administration in advanced countries! What we have here is the blame game and APC together with Buhari adopted that too so, where is the change? No matter how terrible a person is, there must be one or two things good about the person; no one is completely bad and no one is completely good. It's wrong for this administration to tag the past administration 'incompetent'. Very unprofessional! It can cause trouble! No matter how 'clueless' this present administration thinks Jonathan's led administration was, there must be one or two credible achievements done by them and it must be acknowledged! APC and Buhari should show a good example here and forget about the blame game! It's old school, Nigerians are tired of it! I call it political cliche!

The old attack system: PDP was guilty of this too. It's a norm in Nigeria for the ruling party to use state owned agencies such as SSS and EFCC to crack down on opposition . Yes, but where is the change? I have this singular question: were there no ex governors in the north? are there no corrupt persons in APC? There were members of PDP who ran to APC in the last minutes and they were part of the last administration but are now APC members! How about them? Whosoever is advising Buhari on this strategy is missing it! Yes, I love the fight against corruption by Buhari. The 'fear of Buhari' factor is really working and it can still deliver even better but it can be done in a more professional way. I keep asking my self if no one is advising Buhari! If you really want to do this, start with your party, in fact, by the time you have cracked down your northern corrupt leaders and APC members, both Nigerians and international community will be singing your name. PDP members who are corrupt will submit themselves to EFCC. Since you started more with them (PDP), it will surely look like a 'witch hunt' as against PDP!

I will write on the 'therefore' part of the answer to this question some other time. The article is long enough for now. Please, I'm not a member of any political party and I did not vote in the last election and never supported any candidate. To me, all the leaders are the same except they are credible enough to prove me wrong with their outstanding actions. Please, this is just an opinion. Forgive any grammatical error you have observed, I'm not perfect! Thanks for reading.
Re: Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by lanrehamd: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Noooo. The appointment made so far is jst abt 5% of wats expected.
Besides, he has just appointed the people he felt he can work with. Wats the essence of appointing from all regions knowing fully well they are mediocrs.
Re: Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by Nuezha(m): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
To Nigerians. ....NO!
To Seccessionist. ...YES!

If you want a dog dead, make bad its good name....The Seccesaionists' gameplan
Re: Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by MabraO: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Since u failed to write on the therefore part of ur story makes it useless.

You all re looking for balance in buhari's appointment yet u fail to balance ur writeup
Y leave a part out?
Did u also notice u gave one paragraph to the yes part of ur article nd gave 3 paragraphs to the no part of the same article?
Now that's wot I call favoritism nd lopsided if ur article can be this lopsided nobody should question buhari on his lopsided appointments

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari Done Anything Wrong With His Appointments So Far? by Princedapace(m): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
MabraO:
Since u failed to write on the therefore part of ur story makes it useless.

You all re looking for balance in buhari's appointment yet u fail to balance ur writeup
Y leave a part out?
Did u also notice u gave one paragraph to the yes part of ur article nd gave 3 paragraphs to the no part of the same article?
Now that's wot I call favoritism nd lopsided if ur article can be this lopsided nobody should question buhari on his lopsided appointments

the other side is coming .....

(1) (Reply)

No Going Back on September 13 Biafran Day Celebration -MASSOB Insists / Oga Seun, Bring Down Pro-biafra Threads And Ban Their Agitators / OPINION: The Saraki Saga's A Move To Stall The Confirmation Of Ministers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.