Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court (1258 Views)

NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Kenneth Okonkwo Drags Buhari To Court! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by ope2711(m): 1:52am On Sep 07, 2015
Members of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC board, have asked the National Industrial Court sitting in Abuja, to declare that President Muhammadu Buhari has no powers to sack them as their appointments are governed by statutes and for a fixed period, as same period has not expired.
It will be recalled that there were recent circulars from the office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation, dated July 16, 2015, Ref. No. SGF.19/S.81/XIX/964 and July 23, 2015, Ref. No. SGF.55/S.2 that all boards stand dissolved. The Sen Bassey Ewa-Henshaw led board, through their counsel, Mr Ebun-Olu Adegborowa, is contending that the circular were wrongly applied to NDDC.
Defendants in the suit are the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senate and House of Representatives. Their counsel pointed out that by virtue of section 6 (6) of the 1999 Constitution as amended, once parties have submitted their dispute before a competent court, none of them is allowed to resort to self-help or to take any step that may jeopardize the due hearing of the matter on its merit.
The claimants argued that by virtue of sections 2, 3 and 5 of the NDDA Establishment Act, they were entitled to four years unbroken tenure from December 16, 2013 to December 15, 2017 and they cannot be deprived of the said appointments, or removed from office, dissolved or their appointments terminated save and in accordance with the extant provisions of the said Act.
According to them; “By virtue of the NDDC Establishment Act, the Governing Board of the commission cannot be dissolved, either through the letters dated July 16, 2015, Ref. No. SGF.19/S.81/XIX/964 and July 23, 2015, Ref. No. SGF.55/S.2, respectively, or in any other manner that constitutes a violation of sections 2,3,5 and other extant provisions of the said NDDC Act.”
They are praying the court to; “Declare that the letters respectively, are ultra vires, ineffective and ineffectual to ground the dissolution of the 4th Governing Board of the NDDC and the same are invalid, null and void and of no effect whatsoever, in so far as they relate to the dissolution of the said Governing Board.
“An order forthwith re-instating the claimants as members of the 4th Governing Board of the NDDC in compliance with their respective letters of appointment and sections 2, 3, 5 and other extant provisions of the NDDC Establishment Act and to direct the second defendant to pay all allowances, benefits and perquisites to which the claimants are otherwise entitled.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/dissolution-nddc-board-drags-buhari-to-court/
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by owen4u(m): 1:53am On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by mistabiola: 1:58am On Sep 07, 2015
angry grin
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by menix(m): 2:10am On Sep 07, 2015
This guyz don't know we re in military era...

Wondering when The Board of Boko Haram would be dissolved too..

Won't be surprised an _Aboki takes ova a Niger Delta Board...

4 Likes

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by FreeGlobe(f): 2:15am On Sep 07, 2015
Buhari has just spent just a little over 100 days in office and he already has many cases against him in court. Scary times

4 Likes

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by Aufbauh(m): 2:28am On Sep 07, 2015
Eyaaaa..... see what foreseeable 'egunje' in NDDC has done to our Sen. Bassey Henshaw & Co Ltd.
Come to think of it, you wan die put for the office ni? Or na ur Papa company? Person wher you dey work for say him no need your service again na by force? What of if he decided to scrap the entire ministry or the agency will you be talking about tenure? Please look for another job or better position yourself as a contractor to the same NDDC.
Okay i get ur point Sen Bassey, while others are running for second term, they are depriving you of even finishing your first term. I see, go sit down for dorty jaare.

7 Likes

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by likila: 2:38am On Sep 07, 2015
Aufbauh:
Eyaaaa..... see what foreseeable 'egunje' in NDDC has done to our Sen. Bassey Henshaw & Co Ltd.
Come to think of it, you wan die put for the office ni? Or na ur Papa company? Person wher you dey work for say him no need your service again na by force? What of if he decided to scrap the entire ministry or the agency will you be talking about tenure? Please look for another job or better position yourself as a contractor to the same NDDC.
Okay i get ur point Sen Bassey, while others are running for second term, they are depriving you of even finishing your first term. I see, go sit down for dorty jaare.

are you a mugu?
dont you support changi?
do you like kworroption?
dont you support due process?
if their tenure is four years,
so let it be.
if they steal money,
you can probe them.
after buhari finish probing Lady aisha down below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by kokoA(m): 4:00am On Sep 07, 2015
They're lucky I'm not the president, I would have scrapped the NDDC kpata kpata sef.. mcheeww.. Shey no be wen agency exist e dey get board? Let me hear what the bloody looters will say.

6 Likes

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by likila: 4:27am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
They're lucky I'm not the president, I would have scrapped the NDDC kpata kpata sef.. mcheeww.. Shey no be wen agency exist e dey get board? Let me hear what the bloody looters will say.

sorry oo.
the president has no such powers

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by AustineE1: 5:49am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
All this mummy's boys,scrap NDDC and Niger-Deltan youths go 'scrap' petroleum pipelines and we shall see where your hungry lots will be fed from.

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by omowolewa: 5:56am On Sep 07, 2015
The court cases would be as huge as the anticorruption war.
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by ahaz: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Aufbauh:
a hypocrite is a hypocrite
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by mikolo80: 6:09am On Sep 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari has just spent just a little over 100 days in office and he already has many cases against him in court. Scary times
he has immunity

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by AlPeter: 6:45am On Sep 07, 2015
Bunch of thieves

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by erunz(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice one , I expect another group of Nigerians to sue dat duara Dullard for appointing an Ex-military man as DG customs

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by lincolnj88: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2015
allocation given to nddc should be added to the various state accounts ....nddc is a scam created by obj to virtually please the niger delta and not to realistically better the life of the people

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by kokoA(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2015
AustineE1:

All this mummy's boys,scrap NDDC and Niger-Deltan youths go 'scrap' petroleum pipelines and we shall see where your hungry lots will be fed from.
Just the way they "burnt down" the country when GEJ lost abi? You sit in the comfort of your house and plan aluta. Mcheeew. You have spoken like a real mummy's boy. You talk as if your region will be insulated from the hunger. Infact the nigerdelta will suffer it more if misguided youths decide to 'scrap' petrotreum pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2015
kokoA:
we need to stop feeding you yorubbers, you people are bad and ingrates.
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by kokoA(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2015
googlepikin:
we need to stop feeding you yorubbers, you people are bad and ingrates.
who enjoys the oil money more? Who gets 13percent extra from federal government? Stop "feeding" us naw let's see how you will feed also grin
Re: Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2015
Military regime back

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers / The Bribe That Led To James Ibori's Arrest By Strive Masiyiwa / Inconsequential Portfolios Given To Ndigbo, Ohaneze, Njiko Igbo Alledges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.