Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,290 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I (18989 Views)

Hurry!!!!! Lets Go There, 30% Monthly ROI Without Stress - Join Me / Get Your Uae/dubai Visa Without Stress / Make 20k Or More Weekly Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2015
marketing wit 35k and target of 1 million naira...
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by missKiffy(f): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2015
A lot of people hates marketing jobs, including me
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Bsmartt(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks @ Op. It reminds me of the saying in a movie called '3 Idiots ' where one of them says 'When you make your passion your profession, the work becomes play' Noted
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Fabro(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2015
masquellett:
Noted

Thanks.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Bsmartt(m): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks @ Op. It reminds me of the saying in a movie called '3 Idiots ' where one of them says 'When you make your passion your profession, then work becomes play' Noted
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by kboycrew: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2015
This is the best gift for a marking dept on a monday morning. I have just made copies for my team.
pls. note everyone is a marketer. if you dont market yourself to your wife, boss, pastor, children, country etc. you will dry out.
learn this principles and apply in your everyday life.
OP good work. Thanks .

1 Like

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by kboycrew: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
marketing wit 35k and target of 1 million naira...

When you learn how to bring in 1 million for someone, how will it be difficult to market 2 million for yourself?
learn brother
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by SonOfTheLion(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2015
Nnaeb:
Sell what you love

Make sure you love what you are getting on board to sell. If you take up a marketing job just to keep busy while looking for a better job, u will end up wasting your time. Passion is a key word in marketing and you can’t have passion for what you don’t love. Personally, I don’t love insurance, so I will have a difficult time selling it. But some dudes are also making it big time in insurance because they love it and it is paying off. There are so many products and services to be sold. Look for the one you love and give it your best shot.

Product knowledge

A broad knowledge of your product is vital to effective selling. Research about the product, find out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) concerning your product. This will help you master the product at your fingertips. Also, take it a step further by carrying out a research on competing products and services. You must know the advantage they have over yours and the advantage your product has over theirs. That way when you meet with a prospective client, you put your best foot forward by emphasizing on your advantage (USP).

Define your market

Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and one of the largest in the world. However, it is not everything that will sell in Nigeria. Before you get on board to sell any product, do a personal study of the market and figure out if there is a need for it. Define the market segment and also see how readily available the market is. Is it a product for the Elite class, or low income persons, men or women, kids, youths or adults? Define your market. That something is selling in Lagos does not mean it will sell in Enugu.

Draw up a list of prospective buyers

Marketing is a field job, yes I concur. But don’t be in a hurry to hit the field without a clear direction and plan. Stay at home or in the office and draw up a list of your prospective buyers. The prospects on the list should be up to 100 at least. Also, include at five high profile prospective clients. Those ones that will give you a major breakthrough if you succeed in selling to one of them. Source for the contacts and phone numbers of the prospects either through google map, v connect, their website or ask for it.

Develop a sales script

Develop a powerful sales script that will guide your discussion with a prospect. The sales script must cover greeting, personal introduction, product introduction, request for a meeting, and some other things. Some sales consultants can help you develop one if you can’t do it yourself. But it is something you can do.

Call and arrange a meeting

I have said before that marketing is not all about getting yourself engrossed in activity and dissipating energy. That is why some persons complain about the stress. It’s funny how people just dress up from their homes and start wondering the streets of Lagos aimlessly in the name of marketing. That is not professional. Sit down and call ten prospects in a day to arrange for a meeting. Out of the ten, three persons will grant you an appointment. That way, you can plan your movement and schedules effectively. This will help you conserve energy and cut down on aimless transportation cost.

Let’s stop here at the moment. I will complete this article tomorrow. Let me not bore you with long stories cos I really want us to understand everything.

Have a great day

http://jobtrends.com.ng/revealed-10-secrets-of-effective-selling/
FANTANSTIC
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:13am On Sep 07, 2015
dah marketing job for u bro
kboycrew:

When you learn how to bring in 1 million for someone, how will it be difficult to market 2 million for yourself?
learn brother
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Pidggin(f): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2015
@OP nice one
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by samcarlos: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2015
For a start up construction company.... How can I market to potential clients.?
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by ybalogs(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2015
Plz, in4m al Ur ppl dt travel or gonna travelling along Ilesha/Osu jnctn on Ilesha/Ibadan Express...dt Armed Robbers hv blocked d road n ar in operations rt nw, ds morning. Live witness confirmed it. Broadcast pls!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by NET1(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2015
hmm...

.NET
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Tunagee(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2015
exhibition:
good one!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

Jumia don brainwash u abi. Don turn u to their mumu
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by uchelouis45(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2015
Discover ways to monetise your website www.ibcng.gr8.com
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by wildchild1: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2015
lemme give it a trial

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by donephi(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2015
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by subah(m): 11:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice one op. Ur first point shld have been-"sell a marketeable product" instead of "selling what 1 loves". Insurance brokers understand how I mean. Its not evry1 of them that loves selling but because are selling 2 stay out of job..
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Omotayor123(f): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2015
The problem is looking for prospect customers.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by bosunjohns(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2015
Nnaeb:
Sell what you love

Make sure you love what you are getting on board to sell. If you take up a marketing job just to keep busy while looking for a better job, u will end up wasting your time. Passion is a key word in marketing and you can’t have passion for what you don’t love. Personally, I don’t love insurance, so I will have a difficult time selling it. But some dudes are also making it big time in insurance because they love it and it is paying off. There are so many products and services to be sold. Look for the one you love and give it your best shot.

Product knowledge

A broad knowledge of your product is vital to effective selling. Research about the product, find out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) concerning your product. This will help you master the product at your fingertips. Also, take it a step further by carrying out a research on competing products and services. You must know the advantage they have over yours and the advantage your product has over theirs. That way when you meet with a prospective client, you put your best foot forward by emphasizing on your advantage (USP).

Define your market

Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and one of the largest in the world. However, it is not everything that will sell in Nigeria. Before you get on board to sell any product, do a personal study of the market and figure out if there is a need for it. Define the market segment and also see how readily available the market is. Is it a product for the Elite class, or low income persons, men or women, kids, youths or adults? Define your market. That something is selling in Lagos does not mean it will sell in Enugu.

Draw up a list of prospective buyers

Marketing is a field job, yes I concur. But don’t be in a hurry to hit the field without a clear direction and plan. Stay at home or in the office and draw up a list of your prospective buyers. The prospects on the list should be up to 100 at least. Also, include at five high profile prospective clients. Those ones that will give you a major breakthrough if you succeed in selling to one of them. Source for the contacts and phone numbers of the prospects either through google map, v connect, their website or ask for it.

Develop a sales script

Develop a powerful sales script that will guide your discussion with a prospect. The sales script must cover greeting, personal introduction, product introduction, request for a meeting, and some other things. Some sales consultants can help you develop one if you can’t do it yourself. But it is something you can do.

Call and arrange a meeting

I have said before that marketing is not all about getting yourself engrossed in activity and dissipating energy. That is why some persons complain about the stress. It’s funny how people just dress up from their homes and start wondering the streets of Lagos aimlessly in the name of marketing. That is not professional. Sit down and call ten prospects in a day to arrange for a meeting. Out of the ten, three persons will grant you an appointment. That way, you can plan your movement and schedules effectively. This will help you conserve energy and cut down on aimless transportation cost.

Let’s stop here at the moment. I will complete this article tomorrow. Let me not bore you with long stories cos I really want us to understand everything.

Have a great day

http://jobtrends.com.ng/revealed-10-secrets-of-effective-selling/
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Tohpeh(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2015
samcarlos:

Mobile marketing is also a unique way to sell your company's products and services. With this, you can target your potential clients
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Tohpeh(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2015
samcarlos:

Mobile marketing is also a unique way to sell your company's products and services. With this, you can target your potential clients.

**Check my signature**
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice write-up.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by pastorteacher: 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
great marketing tips
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by dokunbam(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
definitely
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by jidsoon(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
For sale 3,500 call this number 08033475081

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by ChokGab(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lovely. Thank You!
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by blacq2009(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
A priceless piece it is.Thanks
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Kpokom: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2015
I don't mean to Insult any one here, house I will like you to help me ask the op if he has ever done marketing in his life. I know him personally, where he works in V. I, he's the kind of guy that likes to take credit for other people's sweat. I want the house to advise him to turn a new leave, nobody says anything good about him and in his office, you can imagine the kind of person he is. He is a KILLJOY in the office. He is never wrong, doesn't have a friend both in and outside the office, he is vindictive, this guy is just nothing good. HOUSE ADVISE HIM. He lifted this article, he is not the original owner, I would have mentioned his name here to show you the extent to which I know him. All am saying is that the house should help me tell him to desist from his disgusting character. Love his colleagues and show some respect to them
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Kpokom: 9:04am On Sep 08, 2015
Disclaimer
Please note that the post about an article on marketing was wrongly posted, the person so referred to in the post was wrong, say a case of mistaken identity
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Maccoy1(m): 10:02am On Sep 08, 2015
masquellett:
Noted

Modified: So I am FTC, there is no big deal anyway.
pls is there any price for ftc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague / Congratulations! You Have Been Selected For The FGN-ALAT Digital Skillnovation P / The Future Of Bank Marketers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.