Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio (512 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / Yorubas And Hausas Should Be Thankful To Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by sayyid(m): 6:49am On Sep 07, 2015
The immediate past Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Sunday,said he was grateful to God for surviving last Monday’s car accident. “I thank God for my survival and remain grateful to Nigerians for their prayers and display of concern,” Akpabio said in a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Jackson Udom. The Senate Minority Leader was involved in a car accident last week Monday on his way to the airport to catch an international flight. His car ran into a convoy of some United States’ embassy officials while trying to beat the traffic light. Akpabio, who is presently receiving treatment in a London hospital, also asked politicians to desist from politicising tragedies and disasters but work towards the unity and progress of the country. The lawmaker also disassociated himself from Twitter and Facebook accounts opened in his name, advising those who are doing so to desist from such. He said he never authorised anyone to operate any Facebook or Twitter account on his behalf. The statement partly read, “Senator Akpabio also charged Nigerians, particularly the political class, to desist from politicising disasters and tragedies, but should rather work towards the unity and progress of the country without any political or ethnic colouration. “The former governor specifically thanked President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Bukola Saraki; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, his colleagues in the National Assembly and former President Goodluck Jonathan for their concern and expression of love when the accident occurred. He also thanked members of his family, traditional and religious leaders, who have been calling on a daily basis to inquire about his well being.”
www.punchng.com/news/i-am-thankful-to-be-alive-akpabio/

Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by Onajevwe(m): 7:00am On Sep 07, 2015
Two lessons your must learn sir..

1. Be law abiding, orderly and decorous in future. It is unstatesmanly to disobey traffic rules by trying to beat a traffic light.

2. Never Never Never commission a non-functional, World-class hospital. After 8years of uncommon transformation in Akwa Ibom, the state still can't boast of a functional hospital that can handle victims of a not too serious accident. You'd have confirmed to the world that you were a good governor had you been admitted in one of the world class hospitals in Akwa Ibom.

In all, we thank God for sparing your life and giving you the opportunity to right some of your wrongs.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by wapSmart(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Trying to Beat the traffic light.

Why the rush, where is he heading to, to catch an international flight. If it's a common man that try to do this, they would have roll out the drum beating it so hard but since it's our Governor, nothing dey happen.

Thank God you are getting better sir...

1 Like

Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by donholy28(m): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2015
After driving fast and furious on d road,he come dey blame traffic light... anyway we thank God for ya life
Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by EastLebanon(m): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Go and sin no more.
Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by ba7man(m): 7:23am On Sep 07, 2015
Yeah, thank God you're alive so you can poke more Uniuyo girls and ini edo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by divinehand2003(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2015
Lol,
BE THANKFUL OOO MY ABLE GOVERNOR FOR A SECOND CHANCE OF LIFE AGAIN. I WILL ENCOURAGE YOU TO REPENT AND MAKE YOUR WAYS STRAIGHTFORWARD, RETURN ANY LOOTED MONEYS IF ANY, ASK FOR FORGIVENESS FROM THOSE YOU HAVE HURT KNOWINGLY OR BY MISTAKE BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT BE LUCKEY THE SECOND TIME.
Re: I Am Thankful To Be Alive- Akpabio by Abudu2000(m): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2015
you be be bro,after the depths ypi and your boss sunk this country into you should be happy

(1) (Reply)

100 Days Buhari’s Governance: What Has Changed?-vanguard / A Promise Made, A Promise Kept. / Simplest Way To Lose Weight (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.