Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable (3747 Views)

Android Apk: Unknown Android Apps You Should Download Immediately / Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs / Could This ‘newly Discovered’ Whatsapp Feature Enable Anyone To Spy On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by L0rdTeekay(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2015
So lets see all the SIX awesome and secret
features and tricks that you do not know, with
these you can play games in higher resolution,
even check your CPU usage and more, so lets
jump into it. Below tweaks require you to have
developer options enabled on your
android device, so to enable developer
option on android, just visit your Settings > About, On the Build Number, TAP 3 times, this will enable the developer options.
1. I believe you are aware how animations are draining your
battery and pissing you off, You can install 'battery doctor' tweak to give more juice to your battery.
2. After enabling the developer options you can
Mock your GPS Location hence you can Fake it,
this could be useful in many scenarios, that
depends on the way you use it, but I wonder
why Google has given this feature, but off
course its hidden so that people with non-tech brains do not blunder with everything. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Mock Locations feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
3. In case you want to keep your device awake,
maybe checking some news feed or even
your RSS updates, this feature could be useful. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Stay Awake feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
4. In case you have a low memory syndrome
problem, then backup is necessary, with
desktop password backup, you can be sure to
stay safe. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, tap the desktop backup password option,
enter your current password and then type
new password.
5. In case you are getting low graphics in your
high end games, then there is another tweak
that will help you in rendering higher graphics
in games. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Force 4X MSAA feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
6. If your device gets low in the middle of the
day, then it better to keep note about the
apps that are taking the maximum load and
hence turning them off or disabling them
would your best bet. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Show CPU Usage feature and enable it by ticking the check box. So now these 6 tips could help you in getting
more from your android device. Developer
option in android really packs loads of stuff
and tweaks and you could be sure to get best
from your phone, do check more stuff under
developer options and do comment in case you face problems accessing any tweak
above.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by lekjons(m): 9:16am On Sep 07, 2015
woah! thanks op

1 Like

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2015
Abeg mine no get Developer option o

2 Likes

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by AdeniyiA(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
adebayor1490:

go to setting =>application =>developer....
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by callydon(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
adebayor1490:
ALL phones has "Developer option" but it's hidden from those with "Non-tech" brains (na 4rm OP I hear dt word first ooh), so to enable ur "developer options", jst go to "settings" >> "about phone", then CONTINUOUSLY CLICK on "build number" for abt five times, u'll get a prompt "U are now a developer", that means u av activated d "developer options".
To see d developer options, jst go back to settings, u'll see it above "about phones" in ur settings...
If this was helpful, like it n go to my signature for all android n tech issues.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by falcon01: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
adebayor1490:
na gionee you dey use??
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by callydon(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
This is as a general note, once u root ur phone, d FIRST thing u shud do is to enable this developer options, and then within d developer options, go straight to "USB debugging" n check d box there, JUST IGNORE D WARNING DT COMES UP AND CLICK OK. This is very necessary to avoid stories dt touch d ....., when u brick ur phone or u need to resolve some issues using a system.
See my signature for more info on this and other tech issues.

1 Like

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by Profayo: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
FP things
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by tunergy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
Developer option Activated, i had to Tap 7 times to become a developer.
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by callydon(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
tunergy:
Developer option Activated, i had to Tap 7 times to become a developer.
That's good.
hope u av enabled "USB debugging" ooh...
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by fragrant(f): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
order for your kitchen appliances, gadgets, fashion items, exercise machines nd more on jumia call 07083344585. Home delivery nd you can pay on delivery after inspecting your goods, I order , you relax nd receive your item. let's do business.
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by tunergy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
callydon:

That's good.
hope u av enabled "USB debugging" ooh...

No o.
What will that do for me?
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by callydon(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
tunergy:

No o.
What will that do for me?
It'll make it easier for ur phone to be detected by a system IF ur phone gets bricked or u need to resolve any phone issue using system.
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by tunergy(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
callydon:

It'll make it easier for ur phone to be detected by a system IF ur phone gets bricked or u need to resolve any phone issue using system.
Ok thanks
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by moststylish(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
how do i get to know my back up password
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by potolistic(m): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Just in case this makes fp

I waz hia
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by ademega(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
falcon01:
na gionee you dey use??
I use gionee. I can't find it their
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by 2dillu2(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
L0rdTeekay:
So lets see all the SIX awesome and secret
features and tricks that you do not know, with
these you can play games in higher resolution,
even check your CPU usage and more, so lets
jump into it. Below tweaks require you to have
developer options enabled on your
android device, so to enable developer
option on android, just visit your Settings > About, On the Build Number, TAP 3 times, this will enable the developer options.
1. I believe you are aware how animations are draining your
battery and pissing you off, You can install 'battery doctor' tweak to give more juice to your battery.
2. After enabling the developer options you can
Mock your GPS Location hence you can Fake it,
this could be useful in many scenarios, that
depends on the way you use it, but I wonder
why Google has given this feature, but off
course its hidden so that people with non-tech brains do not blunder with everything. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Mock Locations feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
3. In case you want to keep your device awake,
maybe checking some news feed or even
your RSS updates, this feature could be useful. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Stay Awake feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
4. In case you have a low memory syndrome
problem, then backup is necessary, with
desktop password backup, you can be sure to
stay safe. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, tap the desktop backup password option,
enter your current password and then type
new password.
5. In case you are getting low graphics in your
high end games, then there is another tweak
that will help you in rendering higher graphics
in games. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Force 4X MSAA feature and enable it by ticking the check box.
6. If your device gets low in the middle of the
day, then it better to keep note about the
apps that are taking the maximum load and
hence turning them off or disabling them
would your best bet. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options, check for Show CPU Usage feature and enable it by ticking the check box. So now these 6 tips could help you in getting
more from your android device. Developer
option in android really packs loads of stuff
and tweaks and you could be sure to get best
from your phone, do check more stuff under
developer options and do comment in case you face problems accessing any tweak
above.
please this is off topic but help me if you can I'm using Tecno L6 and whenever I'm going to use a third party app like pisiphon or mtk device you know there would be message that would show up asking you whether you trust the app and if you trust it there would be a box where you will tick before the OK button show up, but the problem with my phone is I can't tick the box until I restore the factory settings and I do so it would work perfectly but when I switched off the phone the problem will be back again. Please help me paid here is a screen shot of the thing

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by callydon(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
tunergy:
Ok thanks
u are welcome... Though for more info on android and tech stuffs, u shud check my signature.
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by falcon01: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2015
ademega:
I use gionee. I can't find it their
they dont have cheesy
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2015
falcon01:
na gionee you dey use??
no o...... Archos
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2015
callydon:

ALL phones has "Developer option" but it's hidden from those with "Non-tech" brains (na 4rm OP I hear dt word first ooh), so to enable ur "developer options", jst go to "settings" >> "about phone", then CONTINUOUSLY CLICK on "build number" for abt five times, u'll get a prompt "U are now a developer", that means u av activated d "developer options".
To see d developer options, jst go back to settings, u'll see it above "about phones" in ur settings...
If this was helpful, like it n go to my signature for all android n tech issues.
waoh....... thanks man
Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by okooloyun1(m): 9:05am On Sep 08, 2015
adebayor1490:
Go to Settings -- About ---Software Information --- More --- Click on build number like 7times then go back to settings you will see developer option there.

1 Like

Re: 6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2015
okooloyun1:
Go to Settings -- Software Information --- More --- Click on build number like 7times then go back to settings you will see developer option there.
yeah ........ I don do am....... thanks

(1) (Reply)

Free 50mb On Mtnsuprise / ***what Goes Up. . . . . / Mtn Removes Recently Rolled Out Night Plans And 1 Year Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.