Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs (24956 Views)

Facebook Messenger Now Lets You Unsend Messages / How To Unsend Message On Facebook Messenger / Whatsapp Adds The Ability To Unsend Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by techbloga: 4:15am On Oct 24, 2017
For some time now, there has been reportedly been calls and petitions to Whatsapp management pertaining the missed call notification on it's mobile app when the phone did not actually ring and also voice lags or voice break during Whatsapp call which is probably caused by poor internet connectivity. Additional, due to the network connectivity in Nigeria, one can't the internet connection status or stability as it is been recommend that 3G, 4G or Wifi internet connection should be used during especially both voice and video calling.

Though, as at the time of writing this post, Whatsapp hasn't yet imposed these modification, but trust the required test running on these new features, meanwhile let's have a glimpse of Whatsapp latest update pertaining these glitches.

Whatsapp "Live Location" Feature
Few days ago, Whatsapp announced that users will be able to share the location with friends and family in real time. If you’ve used the sharing feature before, you know we could already share locations before, except it was static. With this one though, you’ll be able to share it in real time, almost like a Google Map of chat.

This is how it will work — open a chat with the person or group you want to share with. Go to Location, from the attach button. The attach options will have “Share Live Location”. When you select it, you can even choose for how long you intend to share location with the other person. Then hit send. If more than one person shares their Live Location in the group, all locations will be visible on the same map.

Note that this is an end to those times you lie to your friends that you’re in a particular location when you’re somewhere else. It won’t end well when they request you share your location.

Whatsapp's "Unsend Chat Message" Feature
As already stated, Whatsapp is currently testing an ‘unsend’ feature which will help users to get rid of messages sent either by a mistake or deliberately. With the Delete for Everyone’ feature, those messages you send angrily or when not in good state of mind can be deleted from your Whatsapp Chat Window using ‘unsend’ button.

According to WABetaInfo, experimenting with the new feature on Android and iOS devices. The feature is said to be functioning successful thus far.

‘Recall’ or ‘unsend’ message feature have been in many social apps like WeChat and Viber.

Note: Chats can only be deleted withing 5 minutes after it's sent and if it hasn't been read by the recipient.

Additional tech gossip
In Zimbabwe, it’s now a crime to create a Whatsapp group without registering with the government.

Zimbabwe has now made it illegal to create a Whatsapp group without registration and approval from its ministry of cyber security. The ministry released a statement to that effect with the rules to take effect starting November 1, 2017.

You think this too should be implemented in Nigeria? Air your views!

http://www.ivevex.com/whatsapp-to-roll-out-unsend-chat-message-feature/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Flexherbal(m): 4:40am On Oct 24, 2017
Number 2 feature go make sense!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Tintinnoty(m): 4:46am On Oct 24, 2017
See me see Mogabe

7 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nbote(m): 5:43am On Oct 24, 2017
Whatsapp shld hurry abeg, there's a whole lot to unsend[b]
Zimbabwe has now made it illegal to create a Whatsapp group without registration and approval from its ministry of cyber security. The ministry released a statement to that effect with the rules to take effect starting November 1, 2017.
[/b]

Dis gat me laughing real hard. But their country ppl mumu sha. So if I create a family whatsapp group I'll com and collect approval first. Dey'll have to com to my house and collect my fone oo.

23 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 24, 2017
Unsend feature is dope
Zimbabwe dey craze

17 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by mrbillz(m): 5:51am On Oct 24, 2017
Long overdue! Cool tho...

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2017
ok. great...

e remain nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2017
Flexherbal:
Number 2 feature go make sense!
The feature is working already and currently in use

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2017
Good development.
Technology is bae!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Sunnycliff(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2017
That's nice
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by sweetkev(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2017
I think same should apply to facebook messenger

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Luckygurl(f): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2017
That unsend button is highly needed

11 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 24, 2017
Please verify your news before posting. The Zimbabwe story is fake

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41693676
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Factfinder1(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2017
One day WhatsApp will anable us see the nakednesss of our contacts

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by ugleenerd: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2017
unsend dat msg u mistakenly sent 2 girlfriend 4 instead of girlfriend 7....e go 2 Mk sense...Mk una clear rd 4 nnsukabag..

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by celestialAgent(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2017
Whatsapp always copying Bbm. Bbm introduced this in 2015 �

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by hugthebist: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2017
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by sinaj(f): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2017
Nbote:

Dis gat me laughing real hard
its quite funny.
I wonder how they will evn find out.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by damoneymag(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2017
GBwhatsapp rocks.. stale features

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by M17CXi: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2017
The pictures had already been seen
��
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by HerXLNC(f): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2017
Brb
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by frenzydilz(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2017
Not bad. But not when you send nudes, boys are too sharp

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2017
That unsend option will save lives more than seat belts.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Taeewo(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2017
Luckygurl:
That unsend button is highly needed
Whatapp still behind Telegram in terms of features.... Telegram already has that feature...

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2017
jk
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by kay29000(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2017
Great
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by lordmayor2013(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2017
I have been enjoying the "unsend" feature on my whatsapp for several months now.. so it's not new.

whatsapp still behind gbwhatsapp
Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by olayinkajnr(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2017
Already using on YoWhatsApp. I can even unsend messages that I've sent since a year ago.

WhatsApp only made it for 5 minutes.

Even if person don read am, I can still unsend it. YoWhatsApp dope

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Launcher: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2017
Shey the one wey I don dey use on GB+ WhatsApp??

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by Chuukwudi(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2017
Choi! so now I can delete my chats!

Re: Whatsapp To Enable Users “unsend” Chat, Fixes Other Bugs by chiraqDemon(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2017
All those times I will be feeling down n then start texting love letter n romantic poem to a girl that has friendzoned me, only to feel stupid the next minute. God thank you for this

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Labani Hausa Boy In Katsina Who Return Iphone13 Pro (picture) / MTN Network Is Down / Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.