Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,222 members, 7,853,160 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? (10428 Views)

Which Can Take You Far In Life? Education Or Talent? / Love,sex Or Money..which Makes The World Go Round? / Luv Nd Money Which Is More Powerful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by philip0906(m): 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2009
Who cares abt Education if u can make money without.Gosh,what ya'll fink pple go to school for.

Thank u. grin
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
The bad thing about Nigerian education is that it gets you ready for paid employment and not self emploment.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by asha80(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
The bad thing about Nigerian education is that it gets you ready for paid employment and not self emploment.

Exactly!
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by debosky(m): 11:59am On Apr 08, 2009
oyb:

in the long run the pursuit of and application of knowledge is more gainful than the pursuit of money

it is because of knowledge that serfs of today are living life at the standards of the kings of yesterday.
king george would have loved a commode, and if hes the on e i think he is penicillin.

Bill gates and co are where they are today because of the application of knowledge, not money. money is great if you are born into it, but in a education (properly applied) is a bridge to money

seems i'm rambling. . .

nigeria cannot be used as a case study, because we don't have any knowledge based entrepreneurs. most nigerian business men started as traders of goods produced by people with knowledge. .

Even the so called 'pursuit of knowledge' needs financial backing does it not?

Developed nations are able to increase their knowledge base because they have a pre-existing cash pool they can survive on in the meantime, from which they allocate a proportion to develop even more resource streams.

Pursuit of knowledge is noble and may be beneficial, but without adequate financial backing, it will come to nothing.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by grafikdon: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2009
Why can't we have 'em them both? I wouldn't separate one from another because I know you're dead without money and ignorance of any form is not very pleasant.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Afam4eva(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2009
How do people make money in the first place without knowledge. Money makers are not people who have the biggest muscles but rather people who have knowledge about that business endeavour.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by ugees(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Dede1(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2009
Before money became the medium for exchange of goods and services, people acquired skills through their relatives. The skills helped them produce goods used in exchange of other goods and services. Even then, strength was might. However civilization, as we know it today, reared its ugly head and almost all human biddings gravitated towards money.

Without any form of money reserve, absolutely there will be no formal education. If money or purchasing power is drained to a bare born among families today, life will be in danger talk less of education. The only education existed without source of money is the form that flows from parents to child.

I am amazed that many cross-sections of Nigerians are superficial thinkers. It is even insane or moronic to discuss money and education in a comparative analysis.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 13, 2009
IMO making money should not be the reason for getting an education, there's so much you get from being educated that you take for granted. However, some people do get an education because of what they desire (at least in saner climes). For example Obama is where he is today because he's educated (pardon the cliche), i guess u have to be sure why you're getting an education
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by ell77(f): 1:53am On Apr 13, 2009
Both are important. Lets face it. embarassed
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Maxwell86(m): 9:05am On Apr 13, 2009
Money 4 life,
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Afam4eva(m): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2009
naijababe:

IMO making money should not be the reason for getting an education, there's so much you get from being educated that you take for granted. However, some people do get an education because of what they desire (at least in saner climes). For example Obama is where he is today because he's educated (pardon the cliche), i guess u have to be sure why you're getting an education

It depends on what you want to acheive. No one will advice someone who wants to become a lawyer not to go to the university.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by annyplenty(m): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2009
EDUCATION IS GREATER THAN MONEY. By education, i do not mean only formal education but any education that will allow one's brain to function optimally. if you have money but not education, you may eventually mismanage the money or even your life. but if you education you have freedom and may even have money later.
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by olabukola: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2009
education is better unless you are ibo
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by pafegs(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2009
Education is definately more important. I Believe with it i will be ablke to get soooooooooo much money. And it is one thing no one can rob you off. peace!
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ Olabukola

I can now conclude that you are a high functioning slowpoke. From your various posts on nairaland, it is not difficult to observe that you are an Igbo hater. I do not want to join issues with an idiot as I don't embark on baseless arguments. I like backing up my points with verifiable data. I will soon be back here to give a proper analysis of the issue u've raised about Ndigbo and education. Meanwhile, here is a taster for you. From the link below, you can see that Igbo states have more candidates admitted into Nigerian Universities within the period covered. You can also see that the gap between the Igbo States and their closest rival is like from Lagos to maiduguri on foot. so, all those saying that the igbos are only good at buying and selling should go and bury their heads in shame. You don't need to panic. Just calm down very soon we will retake our poosition in Nigeria that we held before the civil war then, you and your ilks will commit suicide.

http://jambng.com/adm_ume.php
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by spikedcylinder: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
Without money, how can you get an education?
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
Dede1:

Before money became the medium for exchange of goods and services, people acquired skills through their relatives. The skills helped them produce goods used in exchange of other goods and services. Even then, strength was might. However civilization, as we know it today, reared its ugly head and almost all human biddings gravitated towards money.

Without any form of money reserve, absolutely there will be no formal education. If money or purchasing power is drained to a bare born among families today, life will be in danger talk less of education. The only education existed without source of money is the form that flows from parents to child.

I am amazed that many cross-sections of Nigerians are superficial thinkers. It is even insane or moronic to discuss money and education in a comparative analysis.

I read your thing here, my friend, will you plz get to the point? undecided
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by ezeagu(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2009
olabukola:

education is better unless you are ibo

Is Olabukola Yoruba for she goat?
Re: Education Or Money? Which Is The Greater? by Holuwathoby(m): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2014
money plus common sense is all that is required

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Accident At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Anambra State? / Pictures of My Children: Tom & Aicha / Does Your Nairaland Personality Match Your Real-life Personality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.