Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) (15671 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by paulstrings(m): 8:07am On Jun 28, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Seems you are high on some osogbo weeds.i advice that you hide your stupidity or you quickly check into a nearby psychriatic centre for repair. Dont be a laughing stock because i have done business with most people on this platform with no issues.
I dont blame you,i blame Mtn free megabyte
www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria
www.waleagroservicesnigeria.com

Wicked grin
I'm following jare
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
paulstrings:

Wicked grin I'm following jare
thanks for following
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=630135043816190&id=165808513582181&fs=5
3 Sure way to get finance for your farming business.
Very informative.enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2016
I have been thinking for sometimes now how to reduce the cost of fencing that will be affordable to farmers to combat the Fulani herdsmen challenge.
I believe we have been able to make some progress which I will be sharing here.
Stay tuned.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
On the quest to getting a cheaper way of safeguarding our farms.

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by mumanex: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
On the quest to getting a cheaper way of safeguarding our farms.
Wonderful.I am following
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2016
mumanex:

Wonderful.I am following
Thanks
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2016
Reasons farming business is irresistible and should be embraced by all
1.Nigeria has large expanse of fertile land lying fallow.
2.With over 150million to be fed on a daily basis.
3.Government is paying serious attention to farming to reduce importation and earn foreign exchange
4.Nigeria has a very high purchasing power compare to other Africa countries.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by akinwalehabib: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Seems you are high on some osogbo weeds.i advice that you hide your stupidity or you quickly check into a nearby psychriatic centre for repair. Dont be a laughing stock because i have done business with most people on this platform with no issues.
I dont blame you,i blame Mtn free megabyte
www.waleagroservicesnigeria.com

I do not intent to trade words with you.

I advised you take my words with a sense of humility, which you obviously did not. That further goes to validate my fears.

2 Likes

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by ruqqayah(f): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
I want to be an apprentice to a farmer who would also like to have an apprentice. But hopefully, such a farmer has his farm near Lagos, or in Lagos. I'm about to get admission by God's grace to 200 level to study Agricultural Economics and farm management, in FUNAAB. 08089674431, my contact, whatsapp contact.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2016
ruqqayah:
I want to be an apprentice to a farmer who would also like to have an apprentice. But hopefully, such a farmer has his farm near Lagos, or in Lagos. I'm about to get admission by God's grace to 200 level to study Agricultural Economics and farm management, in FUNAAB. 08089674431, my contact, whatsapp contact.
What kind of farm? Crop or animal
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
ruqqayah:
You are on the right path.
Can you work in Ogbomosho?
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:33am On Aug 01, 2016
For a profitable farming business,farm security is very important especially in a situation where we have Fulani herdsmen all over the country.
Also,farm security comes at a cost.Wire fence have been identified as the cheaper option compare to concrete fencing.
Nevertheless,the cost of fencing with wire is still expensive.So what do we do? our investment must be secured.
We need to do something quickly and urgently.
After much deliberations and case scenarios,we were able to improvised at a cheaper rate and highly effective against the cattle readers.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2016
wire fencing

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2016
The first fence was the imported one which cost about 25k per roll (18m) excluding transport,workmanship etc while the second fence cost about 11k (18m lenght) to construct and highly effective for farm security.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by lanre2009: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
How much will it cost to secure an hectare of land with each of the 2 methods?

Lesgupnigeria:
The first fence was the imported one which cost about 25k per roll (18m) excluding transport,workmanship etc while the second fence cost about 11k (18m lenght) to construct and highly effective for farm security.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
lanre2009:
How much will it cost to secure an hectare of land with each of the 2 methods?

On 1 hectare using imported galvanised wire fence,its about 800k,while the other one is 390k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by ibkgab001: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please include Gamalin 20
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by amaafarm(f): 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
ur post has really been helpful. thanks for that. i am new in the business and i ve started d process of planting cassava. please wat are those things i should know. i really need info especially in the area of selling my harvest.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
amaafarm:
ur post has really been helpful. thanks for that. i am new in the business and i ve started d process of planting cassava. please wat are those things i should know. i really need info especially in the area of selling my harvest.
I will link you up with buyers when its mature for harvesting but 15% commission will be charged
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by amaafarm(f): 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
ok. wat about d major things i need to know. my major problem is language barier. i will also like to attend ur training if it is affordable. am igbo and my farm location is ogun state. please tell me wat i need to conquer my fears. thanks for ur help.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
amaafarm:
ok. wat about d major things i need to know. my major problem is language barier. i will also like to attend ur training if it is affordable. am igbo and my farm location is ogun state. please tell me wat i need to conquer my fears. thanks for ur help.
I think you will need to be trained.i can understand the language barrier thing but there is a way to it.You can call me to discuss better.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by joeruano: 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
The future of Agric produce selling in Nigeria is Contract sale
The earlier farmers key in into this,the better for us.
Will talk about it on this thread.
Stay tuned.

Thanks, O.P. for all the free info you have been sharing. But the promise you made in the quoted text, I want you to help us fulfill it.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2016
joeruano:

Thanks, O.P. for all the free info you have been sharing. But the promise you made in the quoted text, I want you to help us fulfill it.
I have done that in one of my thread relating to agric produce marketing.You can check my profile for the thread.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by amaafarm(f): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
ok am ready for training if you are within my reach.pls send your no to my mail. amaafarm@gmail.com. thanks.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
amaafarm:
ok am ready for training if you are within my reach.pls send your no to my mail. amaafarm@gmail.com. thanks.
Ok
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
amaafarm:
Training location is at ogun state,oke-odan along owode-idiroko axis
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by stagger: 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

On 1 hectare using imported galvanised wire fence,its about 800k,while the other one is 390k

Thanks for this answer. I think the 2nd option is great and I will try it out, because I am not ready to entertain nonsense from any herdsman. I will have their cows killed if they ever enter my land and I do not want to cause a communal clash.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by amaafarm(f): 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
pls can send me details on when and how.long the training will be. the description of.the place. pls to.my mail.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by mumanex: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Thanks
You are welcome
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
mumanex:

You are welcome
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce / Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.