Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) (15732 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
stagger:

Thanks for this answer. I ththe 2nd option is great and I will try it out, because I am not ready to entertain nonsense from any herdsman. I will have their cows killed if they ever enter my land and I do not want to cause a communal clash.
That's the best way for now.
Causing communal clash might not be the best option considering what's to be lost
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
amaafarm:
pls can send me details on when and how.long the training will be. the description of.the place. pls to.my mail.
Ok.i will
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by pitchez: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
Discount sales on our natural and well formulated SNAIL feed!!!

-Guaranteed healthy and speedy growth
-Strong shell formation
-Promotes egg production.

10kg- #1,950
25Kg - #4,350
50kg - #8,150

Alpho Ventures (WA) Ltd.,
Dollar Pool House, Lemomu Street, Off Salvation Army Road, Ekotedo, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Whatsapp/Call: +2348032804500

Discount sales valid till 30th August, 2016.

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by amaafarm(f): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2016
hi
pls dis is amaafarm, pls you did nt send d mail prior to our discussion. pls send me a mail on amaafarm@gmail.com. i also want to discuss d ppercentage u charge if i sell my cassava through ur network.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
amaafarm:
hi
pls dis is amaafarm, pls you did nt send d mail prior to our discussion. pls send me a mail on amaafarm@gmail.com. i also want to discuss d ppercentage u charge if i sell my cassava through ur network.
Kindly send me your phone number here for discussion
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
One of my advice for potential farmers
Never farm in a location where there are no other farmers farming what you intend to cultivate

2 Likes

Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2016
I will be talking about an important topic in the business of farming next week
Stay connected
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/nigerians-head-back-farm-beat-recession/

I wrote two years back on this platform on the need for all to embrace agriculture stating that farming is the future.My projections for the future was 6-10 years not knowing that the future is very near.
For our economy to survive,our best shot is to embrace agriculture or else we might be in for more troubles.
May God bless all farmers and see us Nigeria through
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Watch out for my new thread on how to effectively manage a farm successfully.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Another major challenge being faced in the agribusiness industry is the issue of SELLING/MARKETING

I will be focusing on that this week.

How do you sell/market?

What are the marketable crop/animal to cultivate or rear?

How do you find profitable market?

Knowing the market is very essential for profitability of any farm venture.
Stay tuned
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
The major challenge of a farmer is having a steady good market for his produce which may be due largely to distance farm to market,inadequate knowledge of his market,or accessibility to the market(fining it difficult to transport agric produce to market due to bad roads) etc.
Secondly,whats the benchmark price to make reasonable profit? Most people get it wrong from the beginning,all of theses should be the bedrock for the decision on what to produce,how to produce,when to produce and where to produce?
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by nawtikid(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
One of my advice for potential farmers
Never farm in a location where there are no other farmers farming what you intend to cultivate

plz shed more light on this
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18am On Oct 09, 2016
nawtikid:

Ok.i will
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2016
nawtikid:

Farming where you have other farmers give s you a lot of opportunities and it's importance cannot be overemphasis

You are able to form a shared relationship where different solution based ideas are generated to solve the common challenges you face on the farm.
It will be difficult for intruders (Fulani herdsmen) to be able to access your farms etc.
I can go on and on.

Farmers are often easily cheated by middle men because of the scattered nature of their farms
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Partnership in business
Partnership should be a win-win relationship.Everybody must play his/her role to make sure the other party wins.
For us to take farming business to another level,we need financial partners,partnership with government agencies,business partners etc
This is very important
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
This is for the youth willing to start agribusiness but with little resources (capital,experience).
Start small but don't stay small.
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Oefe: 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please do cattle eat plantain suckers that is planted?
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2017
Oefe:
Please do cattle eat plantain suckers that is planted?
They don't but can destroy them when they walk over it
Re: My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Researchers Discover Cure For ‘Tomato Ebola’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.