Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,379 members, 7,864,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Enough Of Soludo Bashing! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of Soludo Bashing! (686 Views)

APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra / Aftermath Of Soludo's Disqualification, Ngige's Rating Skyrockets. / What Will Become Of Soludo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of Soludo Bashing! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2009
The struggle for Soludo’s job has become such a messy affair that Nigerians like us in the Diaspora are appalled. Nothing is spared and everything is fair target as long it has the potential to bring Soludo down a peg or two. I was reading the Nigerian press and I came to the conclusion that there is a cabal that is out to do Soludo in. Part of the concern that compelled this piece is the news going round the media that some individuals and interest groups have put together a staggering sum of N100million to ensure that the CBN Governor is removed from office using the media as a medium to realize this objective.

Beyond taking him away from the CBN, they seem eager to paint him with tar. Even his most memorable contributions are being assailed and put to ridicule. I remember when he came to the USA sometime in 2006 to sell the idea of Nigeria having an African Finance Corporation. I listened to him speak and I could see in him the vision of a new Nigeria that is determined to leave the mistakes of the past and move to a bolder tomorrow. Several of my friends in investment banking decided to come home to work in the institution and see to its success.

It was shocking to learn that an investigative panel was set up to probe the reasons behind the establishment of the AFC. I followed the probe closely and I felt scandalized at the way in which the confidential proceedings of the panel were routinely leaked to the press. At first, I was under the impression that the panel would unearth things that would show a different Soludo but up till now, all I can make out as his offence in setting up the AFC is that he was too hasty to succeed where many others, including NEPAD, have failed. Rate busters are usually targets of witch-hunt by their less successful counterparts. It seems to be Soludo’s fate.

I am not as bothered about Soludo’s reappointment as with the fact that there is some level of decorum that is required even in bringing about change. That is unless one is in a jungle where there is no law other than survival.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/Sunday%20Mailbox/2009/apr/05/mailbox-05-04-2009-001.html
Re: Enough Of Soludo Bashing! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2009
I can't imagine the parts highlighted in bold.

Nigeria and Nigerians are getting freaking more corrupt than ever before.

GOSH!! embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Halliburton: Why Fg May Not Try Indicted Nigerians — Aondoakaa / Is There Anything Like Governor-in-waiting / Violence, Arrests, Mar Ekiti Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.