Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project (1034 Views)

Muslim Women Coalition Empowers Over 200 Idps In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
As salam alaykum wa rahmotullahi wa baarakatuh,

The Nairaland Muslim Community is organising a programme aimed at helping Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) who is forced to flee their home due to the Boko Haram menace in the North East, by providing educational materials for their children whose school has just been created for them to continue their education, provide foodstuff and also donate clothes, shoes and bags to them.

Kindly find below the project proposal.

PROJECT PROPOSAL

1. PROGRAMME / PROJECT TITLE 

Back to School Project/Clothes and Foodstuff Donations for the IDPs

2. LOCATION / TARGET POPULATION 

a) This Project targets young students from IDP camps in Abuja and aims to provide them with school supplies for the school term. 

b) To provide them with clothes, shoes and bags.

c) To donate some foodstuff, detergents, etc 

3. IMPLEMENTING AGENCY

The Nairaland Muslim Community will be responsible for carrying out the project activities.

4. EXECUTING AGENCY 

NAMUSORG would be responsible for financial management and co-ordination of the project. 

5. START DATE 

This project starts September 2015

6. DURATION 

It is expected to last 2 months

7. PROJECT COST 

a) Back to School Project - N453, 000
b) Foodstuff, detergents, etc - N500,000

8. CURRENT SITUATION (PROBLEMS AND NEEDS) 

- IDPs parents are displaced and struggle with providing basic needs like food, clothing and shelter for their children.

-According to a UNICEF Report on education in Nigeria “Many families cannot afford the associated costs of sending their children to school such as uniforms and textbooks” (http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/children_1937.html)

9. JUSTIFICATION AND BENEFITS 

1. This project aims to reduce some of the burdens on the IDPs by providing school supplies for their wards.
Worship God; join nothing with Him. Be good to your parents, to relatives, to orphans, to the needy, to neighbours near and far, to travellers in need, and to your slaves. God does not like arrogant,boastful people ( Surah 4:36)

2. They will be provided with foodstuff and some essential items which are needed for their day to day living. 

3. The IDPs gets the opportunity to interact with Muslims who share their pain in a friendly environment.

10. PROJECT DESCRIPTION / MAIN COMPONENTS 

This is a collaborative project by NAMUSORG aimed at helping young students in internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps with school supplies for the school year. Supplies such as school bags, exercise books and writing materials are given to students for the new school year.

Clothes, shoes, bags and foodstuff will also be provided for them.

11. PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATION 

I. Planning Committee – NAMUSORG EXCO
ii. Finance Committee – Wizeboy, Sissie and Eluquenson
iii. Implementation Committee- (would be selected as we progress)

12. DONATIONS GATHERING

a) Cash donations will be deposited into NAMUSORG CONCEPT Bank Account with an acronym of IDP in front of the depositor's name.

b) Collection Centres for Clothes, Shoes and bags across Nigeria are:
-   Lagos
-   Abuja
-   Ilorin, Kwara State
-   Kaduna
-   Minna, Niger State
-   Abeokuta, Ogun State
-   Zamfara 
Anybody who wish to donate clothes, shoes and bags in any of the States and environs should PM me or send email to nairalandmuslim@gmail.com for the contact info of our Representatives in the above listed States...

Others whose State are not listed can send their clothes, shoes and bags donation direct to Abuja but will have to send email or PM me as well for contact of our Abuja Representatives. 

13. MONITORING AND EVALUATION 

- Financial Transactions will be made public on a biweekly basis
- A financial report is given at the end of the project.

14. FINANCING REQUIREMENTS 

Budget  Target : 500 kids School Supply

ITEM QTY AMOUNT
1. School bag - 1 - N450
2. Math set - 1 - N100
3. Exercise book - 10 - N200
4. Pen - 1 - N10
5. Pencil - 1 - N5

Total N765 X 500 pupils N382,500

Rentals Canopy 1 N1, 500
Dozens Of chairs 2 N1, 000
Total N2, 500

Refreshments
Pack of Lacasera 30 N45,000
Pack of biscuits 12 N18,000
Total N63, 000
Transport:N5,000

Total Cost for the Back to School Project: N453,000
Other donations for foodstuff: N500,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
HOW TO DONATE:

CASH DONATIONS

Cash donations should be deposited into NAMUSORG CONCEPT Bank Account with an acronym of IDP in front of the depositor's name.

United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Account Name : NAMUSORG CONCEPT
Account Number 1018899691

CLOTHES, SHOES AND BAGS DONATION

Collection Centres for Clothes, Shoes and bags across Nigeria are:
-   Lagos
-   Abuja
-   Ilorin, Kwara State
-   Kaduna
-   Minna, Niger State
-   Abeokuta, Ogun State
-   Zamfara
- Ibadan, Oyo State

Anybody who wish to donate clothes, shoes and bags in any of the States and environs should PM me or send email to nairalandmuslim@gmail.com for the contact info of our Representatives in the above listed States... 

Others whose State are not listed can send their clothes, shoes and bags donation direct to Abuja but will have to send email or PM me as well for contact of our Abuja Representatives. 

AWARENESS OF THE PROGRAMME

Kindly assist to broadcast this humanitarian service to your friends, family and relations for them to contribute as well. No amount is however too small or too big toward this worthy cause. 

"Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve".   Qur'an 2:274

"It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing".  Qur'an 2:177

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
For your information, donations and publicity among your friends, family and relations to be part of service to help humanity

eluquenson
sheelay
amodu
probsolver
maclatunji
baliqisajok
baba11
Bowale007
Page9
Decipher
yimkalove
Yimikaa
tunnamania11
Hammefeez
Kadree
Tawakalt
tplacid
realshel
ibrodex
mastech1
Ayoshaqir
Jarus
dmy
highbeeola
TRILLIONIAR
dmaygee
BlueK1
olorunthobby
abisolaarshow
ibroauthen
doublestrika
mohzak
Mustapha111888
marquiseT
YinkaDiva
corozy
bawz012
Jisola
sallyopy
Rhukie
inecchairman
SonOfTheLion
tunde202
Sherif4owo
simbiatadesomi
harfiiz
ranson
adebtech
Kyrios
Itsread1
COOLDK
olapinto
terefe
walelamina
yuskanovic
Biliamin
Cherish
gbadexy
Salore4real
kuyems
fxskye
yinkusbabe
AbdulGaniyu
olanike0706
riloxy
Haywhymido
PassingShot
Readonee35L
pmc01
omusiliyu
deebsman1
sleemoon
usqoh
iidibaraya
idris4r83
sameer1212
heemah
DMainMan
alaoeri
pmc01
rahazaqa
kunleee
efilefun
dridowu
gbongbo6070
demmy66
Mhomies
mrnuur
maryhaam
Basit99
Jimmywest
fizcoo20
esscence00
Omotayor123
shidof
kenoz
Toyeeb78
gwales
Situation001
balash
udatso
mohammad11
Upnepaa
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by dominique(f): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
May Allah reward you and bless the entire Muslim Ummah
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by efilefun(m): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
May Almighty Allah reward us all abundantly as we help those in need.

NB is it mandatory to have IDP in front of the depositor's name?? Cuz not everyone on here is in nigeria.

Salam
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by efilefun(m): 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
efilefun:
May Almighty Allah reward us all abundantly as we help those in need.

NB is it mandatory to have IDP in front of the depositor's name?? Cuz not everyone on here is in nigeria.

Salam

Writing IDP in front of the depositor's name is to have proper account of the money due for this particular project. It is not however mandatory, you can send an email to nairalandmuslim@gmail.com to notify us of your donation if IDP can't be included on the depositor's name.

Jazaakallahu khayran

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
@wizeboy good one. May almighty Allah bless us as we help those in need. Cheers!!!
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2015
This is just great.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by PassingShot(m): 11:02am On Sep 08, 2015
In Sha Allah, I will send my widow's might across.

Well done guys. May Allah reward your efforts and rid our country of insurgency very soon.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Maybe you should source for representatives from other states like Oyo and Osun so that people who want to donate items can pass across with ease.

I want to include it that people should be mindful of the items they will donate. They should not include worn-out materials. They should sacrifice some of their fancy ones in order to earn bountiful rewards from Allaah.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:
Maybe you should source for representatives from other states like Oyo and Osun so that people who want to donate items can pass across with ease.

I want to include it that people should be mindful of the items they will donate. They should not include worn-out materials. They should sacrifice some of their fancy ones in order to earn bountiful rewards from Allaah.

Jazaakallahu khayran for your suggestions...

We won't mind if you can volunteer to be our Representative in either Osun or Oyo.

Expecting to hear from you at your convenience.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2015
Wizeboy:

We won't mind if you can volunteer to be our Representative in either Osun or Oyo.

wa anta fajazaaka LLoohu khoyroo. IN SHAAA LLAAH I'll be answering the clarion call very soon but I should be able to recommend a representative in any of the two states
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

wa anta fajazaaka LLoohu khoyroo. IN SHAAA LLAAH I'll be answering the clarion call very soon but I should be able to recommend a representative in any of the two states

Almighty Allah will make it easy for you and accept it as an act of Ibadah!

Almighty Allah will make it easy for everyone of us as well to answer the clarion call soonest In shaa Allah
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by abdrazak: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
May Allah rewards us all abundantly as we assist in His cause.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Wizeboy:

Almighty Allah will make it easy for you and accept it as an act of Ibadah!

Almighty Allah will make it easy for everyone of us as well to answer the clarion call soonest In shaa Allah

Aamiin. The clarion call I mean here is the NYSC.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Aamiin. The clarion call I mean here is the NYSC.

Almighty Allah will see you through. I thought you are going on hajj when you mentioned clarion call.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Wizeboy:

i contemplated suggesting this b4 but d brother beat me to it.
i coul volunteer for oyo state.
meanwhile, Allah's barakah in what u guys r doing.
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Wizeboy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
enieme:

i contemplated suggesting this b4 but d brother beat me to it.
i coul volunteer for oyo state.
meanwhile, Allah's barakah in what u guys r doing.

Jazakallahu khayran brother!

We now have a volunteer in Ibadan. You can also donate whatever clothes and shoes you are not in need of again or better still cash to the Bank Account number stated above.

Almighty Allah will accept it as an act of Ibadah
Re: Nairaland IDPs/Back To School Project by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wizeboy:

Jazakallahu khayran brother!

We now have a volunteer in Ibadan. You can also donate whatever clothes and shoes you are not in need of again or better still cash to the Bank Account number stated above.

Almighty Allah will accept it as an act of Ibadah
not brother.
btw, how does one go about it. I mean how r volubterrs xprcted to carry out their duty and report to d hq?

(1) (Reply)

Similarities Between Islam And Judaism / Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? / What Muhammed Said About Nmosihu Dajal(anti Christ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.