Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not (2562 Views)

God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / Assume All Bible Characters Are Black, Here Is How They Will Look (photos) / I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not by loveroftruth: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
jcross19:
then can you tell me the name of their God.

I don't get the question, even, i don't get the sense of the above question in the light of this thread considering the absence of Yahweh's name in his book the Bible.

Meanwhile, be of help to me and others by giving Answers to the below questions that was earlier address to you:

jcross19:
those gods have no english name okay what's english of allah? What's english for amadioha, what's english for obatala? .

jcross19:
jesus name in hebrew is yeshuwa but in english they called him jesus so that's simple. In those idols you called have no hebrew name than that okay.

So, from the above, you are justifying the reason why the name of those other gods are retained in the Bible while the name of Yahweh, the author of the Bible has been removed in most Bible as being due to the reason that those gods have no English names.

My question is thus,

1. Is the word used to replaced the name of Yahweh in most Bibles(lord and God) a name ?

2. Can you state why the words 'God and lord' used in replacing the name of Yahweh in most Bibles cannot be used in like manner for those other gods also like it is done for Yahweh?

3. What is wrong in retaining the name of Yahweh in his own book?

4. If you love your father, would you wish that your literal father's name to die out and go into oblivion ? if no, why should such befall Yahweh's name?

Am waiting for your answers.

Thank you.
Re: An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not by loveroftruth: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Why are people comfortable using a Bible without the name of Yahweh?

I was once reading Psalm 83:18 in a Bible version and it went thus:

May people know that you, whose name is The Lord,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm83:18.

I was dumb founded. I was wandering, since that Scripture said "whose name" is ........
And I saw lord, I asked myself, what is happening here?

I mean, how can a text demanding for a name of the GOD be replaced with the word Lord?

Then, that was a shocker, but I have seen worst.

one certainly wonders, between using the word Lord in that passage and putting the name of Yahweh(or symbol YHWH) as contained in the original version, which will Yahweh be more pleased with?

like:
May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Smh seriously.

1 Like

Re: An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not by truthislight: 6:44am On Sep 19, 2015
That is, if the love for Yahweh is their interest, and not just what they will get from God, then they will consider his interest.

1 Like

Re: An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not by loveroftruth: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2017
Is it not an act of wickedness of heart to deny someone of his rights?

Why remove someone's name from his own book?

If not for anything, at least let the Hebrew consonants depicting the name of Yahweh remain in the bible.

Would you be happy if your own name is removed from a book you authored?

SMH seriously.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For HILLSONG Lovers / Witches And Wizards On Nairaland / 10 Things That Stand Islam Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.