Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua (6140 Views)

Poll: Professor Soludo should be

Sacked: 53% (14 votes)
Rewarded: 46% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Blame Obasanjo For Yar’adua, Jonathan’s Failure — Bakare / Senate Rejects Nobel Prize Nomination For Yar’adua / My Fear For Yar’adua, By Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by asha80(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2009
hhhaha hmmm no cause for alarm, cuz is there is anything to investigate, u had your obj on hard talks sayin some of the people on his government were corrupt

still as a mr president, what did he do

When obasanjo called nigeria a failed state in that interview what else do you want him to do.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by OutlukBabe(f): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

hhhaha hmmm no cause for alarm, cuz is there is anything to investigate, u had your obj on hard talks sayin some of the people on his government were corrupt

still as a mr president, what did he do

Is this true my friend? Pls tell me it is a joke. I cant believe this.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by OutlukBabe(f): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2009
asha80, are u serious?

Did he said Nigeria is a failed state?
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by mustafar1: 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2009
time would tell what the outcome of this would be.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2009
This thread is not about Obasanjo but about Soludo and the part he has played so far as CBN Governor. Regardless of how we feel about OBJ, it is right to call for some sort of investigation into those allegations.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by ikeyman00(m): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2009
Roflmao!!!

His most recent offensive was a recruitment exercise into the CBN conducted between June 2007 and June this year. In all Soludo had recruited 396 people; an incredible 340 of them from the South!
Ok, this is just too much !!

Squatting on this hill of hypocrisy and injustice, the man was at his sarcastic best again last weekend in Kaduna where he was a speaker at a lecture event organized by the Northern Development Initiative. Last year Soludo characterized poverty as a Northern Phenomenon”; last week he called for a state of emergency to be declared on poverty in the north.

Roflmao!!!

s
now if u got issues it should be with your northern stupid and hypocritic leaders me afraid, your useless sultan and corrupt emirs inclusive lipsrsealed

lamenting like u do on solodu nevertheless the knowing bane of ur northern backward wahala can only prolong  your backward northern predicaments!!

so search harder!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by asha80(m): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2009
@outlikbabe

Listen to that interview again and pay attention to 17:55 mins and tell me what you heard.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by ikeyman00(m): 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2009
outlubabe
Is this true my friend? Pls tell me it is a joke. I cant believe this.

yes comfirm, nairaland had its utube on politics section
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by ikeyman00(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is not about Obasanjo but about Soludo and the part he has played so far as CBN Governor. Regardless of how we feel about OBJ, it is right to call for some sort of investigation into those allegations.

well well i guess there are some similarites there that might intrigue EFCC as well
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by OutlukBabe(f): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2009
asha 80:

@outlikbabe

Listen to that interview again and pay attention to 17:55 mins and tell me what you heard.
ikeyman00:

outlubabe
yes comfirm, nairaland had its utube on politics section

Well, if this is true, let me go and sleep. I should stop wasting my time discussing and reading about Nigeria.
Infact Im wasting my time talking about Nigeria.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2009
Outlukbabe no run now remember there is no place like 'home' wink
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by ikeyman00(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2009
no mind am!!

foolish ppl

yeye lipsrsealed
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by proudly9ja(m): 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2009
Prior to our having mega banks, Nigeria had banks that could not stand on their own. Lending out money which is the basis of what most banks should do was almost non existent. Nigerian business men (the genuine ones) could not borrow money from Nigerian banks to kick start Nigeria's industralization. Even Adenuga had to borrow from abroad for his Glo project. It was obvious that if we wanted to move forward, we needed bigger and stronger banks. That was the major reason for recapitalization. Now with bigger andstronger banks, Nigerian biz men can take more risks. For example, Dangote borrowed money from a consortium of banks including Intercontinental and First Banks for his sugar factory. That was what the fed govt expected from privatisation and recapitalisation. However, like I said, OBJ and his croonies got greedy. Thats not Soludo's fault. He did his bit, the rest was left to govt to do their bid.

I still maintain that the combination of El-Rufai, Ribadu, Okinjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili and Soludo would have turned Nigeria around if only OBJ was sincere.

If Yaradua goes on with his plan to replace Soludo with a politician, then im sorry for him ,
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by OutlukBabe(f): 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2009
asha80, right from the begining of time human beings have always being migrating. Even Adam and Eve were sent to exile and they never return. Jesus went to exile when he return they crucify him. Moses went to exile and he never reaches the promise land.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
asha80, right from the begining of time human beings have always being migrating. Even Adam and Eve were sent to exile and they never return. Jesus went to exile when he return they crucify him. Moses went to exile and he never reaches the promise land.

Isrealis showed us even though after persecution in 1948 that charity begins at home   tongue
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by asha80(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2009
Kobojunkie i marvel they way you hope on efcc.E be like say you are out of touch with naija ways grin
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2009
asha 80:

Kobojunkie i marvel they way you hope on efcc.E be like say you are out of touch with naija ways grin

@Asha80, this has little to do with hope but more to do with at least having some group take a look. We do not have the likes of the FBI or the CIA or IRS to help us look into these things. We have the EFCC and the Nigerian police. Would you have rather I suggested the Nigerian police look into the allegations? Roflmao!!!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by PapaBrowne(m): 2:33am On Apr 06, 2009
I'm tired of this nairaland sef!
Too many people with either too little information or too little intelligence!

I don't need to explain anything. . . . but Soludo is amongst the best Central bank Governors anywhere in the world!

Are we trying to put the failures of the Nigerian President on the Governor of the CBN?? Please!! I tire to write sef!

@Kobojunkie
While your reasoning is fair, I think you've been out of Nigeria way too long, hence you express an obvious lack of touch with any form of reality on the Nigerian situation.

@Outlookbabe et al, I'm amazed at your reasoning!

Proudly9ja is the only one making any sense.

I tire for Nairaland!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 06, 2009
papabrowne haba! cheesy
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Apr 06, 2009
Sigh!!!

@Papabrowne, instead of telling me how out of touch I am when it comes to your little world out there in your mind, why not focus on the actual topic. 

Suddenly hoping that the EFCC would investigate an allegation is out of touch!! People like you, and the way you think never seizes to amaze me!!! Does it always have to be a contest with you? The only one making sense is usually the one your mind is better able to accept. That is how it usually works. It does not mean it is the right line of reasoning or that it, in reality is the most sensible argument though.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by PapaBrowne(m): 3:39am On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie, your been out of touch is a statement of fact, supported by the geography of your location and it is not a crime. I was once in you shoes, so I understand perfectly!
On the actual topic, how come nobody backs up his posts with any form of logic?

Now this is my bone of contention with you on this page!

A rumour passed through Abuja last week that come next Tuesday, the Federal Government would take a decision on whether to renew the tenure of CBN Governor Charles Soludo, or to sack him and hand him over to the EFCC (my expectation). Soludo lives an obscenely opulent life at public expense while the ‘super banks’ he created and the stock market value he helped to conjure up live on life support; the article below which was first published on this page in August last year is reprinted as a ‘tribute’ or epitaph to the damage Soludo has done to our economy in the last eight years. If his tenure is renewed, the FG should know that it is not with the support of millions of us. We don’t trust him.

I do hope the EFCC investigates the above allegations.

You hope the EFCC investigates what? Obscene opulence, creation of "super banks" or conjuring up the stock market?? Which allegations should the EFCC start with? If you can explain to me logically why and how the EFCC should investigate these allegations, then I will retract my comments.

There is a culture brewing in Nigeria where excellent performance must be trampled down and that is a very dangerous trend. They've done it to El-rufai, then Ribadu and the next in line obviously is Soludo. The same folks that have and continue to destroy Nigeria are the perpertrators. They are fully aware that Nigerians are a gullible bunch and any story you sell to them about these excellent performers would be swallowed hook line and sinker!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Apr 06, 2009
@PapaBrowne, Now I know you are just looking to start a stupid argument or claim victory to appease your ego!. YOu have absolutely no clue what allegations I speak of? Oh Well!! typical!! Go on, continue with your yammering!!! Suddenly I feel like I am talking to @Ikeyman. . .  lol . . .When you grow up, let me know!!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by PapaBrowne(m): 3:54am On Apr 06, 2009
I really wouldn't benefit nothing from picking up a fight with you. You are one of my best contributors on Nairaland.
However, I do feel that many a times your views reflect more the American reality than it does Nigeria.

I really don't want an argument, I just want to know! What allegations do u speak of? You stated clearly, the above allegations and I picked the only three allegations mentioned above.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by adconline(m): 5:17am On Apr 06, 2009
This fight is really not about Soludo's performance its about depleting "our national reserve" cloaked  in tribalism. Yar'dua wants to share the national reverve with his kinsmen and PDP chietains. Soludo seems to be a stumbling block to that idea. Oil money has dwindled ,so the national reserve is the best place to steal from.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by proudly9ja(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2009
PapaBrowne:

There is a culture brewing in Nigeria where excellent performance must be trampled down and that is a very dangerous trend. They've done it to El-rufai, then Ribadu and the next in line obviously is Soludo. The same folks that have and continue to destroy Nigeria are the perpertrators. They are fully aware that Nigerians are a gullible bunch and any story you sell to them about these excellent performers would be swallowed hook line and sinker!

And unfortunately, people who should know better are swallowing the bait.
Let's look at 2 issues for instance,

1. When Yaradua came in, he and his croonies suddenly stopped the OBJ/Chinese Rail Project. After much probing and intimidations and corruption allegations and even more importantly, 2 years wasted, he is going back to the same project!

2. The Power (IPP) projects were also stopped. We all saw the hullabaloo raised in form of probe panel. Millions were wasted and Im sure millions exchanged hands. After 2 years of time wasting, they are returning to the same projects. Maybe you don't know, but Yaradua after bashing OBJ for spending 16billion dollars on IPP with ''nothing to show for it'' has just released $5.37billion for states of the federation for the same IPP project and guess what, its about to fail too (http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=140137)

From above, we should notice that the plan is to discredit the OBJ regime and discredit his ''boys'' ie Soludo, El-Rufai, Ribadu and Im sure Dora is on that list too. Okonjo-Iweala and Ezekwesili were lucky to have left when they did else they would have been on the list too. I hope Soludo is wise enough. Even if they decide to retain him, he should pack his bags and go. He'l get well paid job elsewhere!
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by blacksta(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2009
Soludo is the best Nigeria has produced in a long time. Stop bashing can anyone here do better

Professor Soludo studied Economics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, where he was the editor of the popular magazine of the Economics Department, The Policy Maker. He graduated with a First Class Honours degree (1984), winning the Departmental and Faculty prizes for the best graduating student. Also from the same University of Nigeria, he won the prize of the Faculty of the Social Sciences for the Best Graduating Masters degree student and subsequently, The Vice-Chancellor’s Prize for the University’s best graduating Ph.D candidate (1988/89).

Professor Soludo had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training in some of the world’s most prestigious institutions, including: The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford as Rhodes scholar; University of Cambridge, UK, as Smuts Research Fellow and Fellow of the Wolfson College; the UN Economic Commission for Africa as a Post-Doctoral Fellow; and University of Warwick as a Visiting scholar. He also attended over a dozen specialized courses.

Professor Soludo has served as Senior Technical Advisor/Consultant as well as a Visiting Scholar at the IMF since 1994, and also taught IMF’s Financial Programming and Policy course to senior staff of Central Banks in West Africa and other developing regions. He has served as: Member, Technical Committees that drafted economic and trade policies for the Federal Government of Nigeria; and Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics (AIAE). He is currently a Member of the International Advisory Group for the UK-DFID
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2009
Should we be more concerned with his qualifications or consider his accomplishments during his time in office so far in deciding if he should be renewed or not? I guess I am really asking what exactly has this man done during his time as CBN governor to warrant a renewal. I am neither pro obj or pro yar adua, and this has nothing to do with ethnicity. Just a simple straight forward question needing simple straight and to the point answer(s).
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by onyengbu1(m): 8:26am On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Should we be more concerned with his qualifications or consider his accomplishments during his time in office so far in deciding if he should be renewed or not? I guess I am really asking what exactly has this man done during his time as CBN governor to warrant a renewal. I am neither pro obj or pro yar adua, and this has nothing to do with ethnicity. Just a simple straight forward question needing simple straight and to the point answer(s).

how can ethnicity not be a factor when people like you are involved.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Kobojunkie: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2009
onye_ngbu:

how can ethnicity not be a factor when people like you are involved.
People like me are involved? Pray tell, what kind of people are those? and make sure your answer is born of your personal tribal delusions?
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by onyengbu1(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

People like me are involved? Pray tell, what kind of people are those? and make sure your answer is born of your personal tribal delusions?

Let me tell you the kind of people you belong to:

Someone on this thread had a name for you- Closet tribalist. Thats what she calls your kind of people.
Re: Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2009
good morning guys, just woke up.

soludo has done more good than harm to the Nigerian economy. i'll name a few.
before soludo, Nigeria was littered with mediocre banks with all sorts of names at every nook and cranny. soludo came in and brought some sanity to the banking system in NIgeria. you cannot tell me that the banking system in Nigeria right now is worse than Pre Soludo.

Soludo was a main player in the creation of the NSE.
like i said before, Soludo brought some stability to the Naira.

these are some of the things he did while in office.

what more do you guys want from him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Shops For New Igp •2 Digs On The Card / Ayogu Eze Promised To Run A Working Government As Enugu Indigenes In Lagos / JUST IN: Loss Of 10m Jobs: Sack APC, Atiku Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.