Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,776 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari (28411 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by idari: 8:20am On Sep 08, 2015
K
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by martyns303(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2015
Because the declared some shady assests he thinks he's now in any moral position to give orders on who's to declare assets.
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by pauloookay(m): 8:22am On Sep 08, 2015
Date a celebrities here is the secrete site where they use to meet themself oyiom.com
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by kinibigdeal(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Buhari must declare is wife assets first
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Captainswag225(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2015
onomeglo:
Yes even the local government chairman,the counselors and chiefs and obas must declare their assets,I'm enjoying this cheesy
lol,, even thief and criminals will declare their assets
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by ROCKHARDDK(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2015
Shey Baba think sey he & deputy's assets are properly decLared? "Hide paul shOw petter tinz"
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by slap1(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2015
Good.
I know some properties of Owelle Rochas Okorocha in Owerri. Patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by 5starmilitant: 8:28am On Sep 08, 2015
hassan85:
I see nothing bad in it. as big as Mr President he already in process of doing his own. 5 times?! wat are d governors made up of? y do u support corruption and help criticize PMB change mantra? yet u call it scam. tell ur Govs to open up if de are not corrupt let's start knowing the thiefs in PDP and APC. And yes Including Olisa metuh and Lai Mohamed

This ur dictator messiah must know that we are no longer in the military era. This is democracy and we follow the constitution. He can't force the governors to publicly declare their assests, whether pdp or apc. He was not the one that appointed them, so he can't force them.........sometimes I wonder why these slaves can't just admit when their brainless messiah is going wrong
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by hinwazaka: 8:28am On Sep 08, 2015
This is a President, who actually believes that he can deceive and confuse the populace. Everyone knows about the over -bureaucratic process used by the CCB to frustrate interested parties from seeking viable information about the financial status of public officials. The only way for the public to get information about the financial status of a public official, is straight from the horses mouth. When Yaradua did his, there was no public aversion to his. If he is really sincere, about allowing transparency in his government, then he should be able to do this simple task. Just show the asset declaration form and also include that of your spouse, simple as ABC.
Also, this his attitude of governing from foreign lands, has to stop. In the US, he told us for the first time, that he would release his ministerial list in September. In Ghana now, he is talking about asset declaration, and ministerial lists. Mr. President, make your statements here, and not in other countries.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Full support

But it would be necessary for Bull.ari children to declare there assets too grin grin

Amechi..assets are the following : 2 bungalows, 2dogs 2 cars, 20mud house grin grin grin 4 shirt and trouser

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by MadCow1: 8:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Mynd44:
Nigerian media ain't shít. When did "Imperative" become "must".

The president cannot make it compulsory for state governors to declare anything. He can only force his ministers and political office holders he employed

Yes he can Mynd.

It is a CONSTITUTIONAL requirement for all public office holders to assume office.

If they fail to do so, that is enough grounds for impeachment.

#NewNigeriaOrder..

#iChange

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by tete7000(m): 8:31am On Sep 08, 2015
The public declaration of asset by political office holders is within their prerogatives, they might decide to do so or they might simply submit their declaration form to code of conduct bureau and end it there. Buhari is only required to come public with his own because he made explicit electoral promise to do so. If the country wants public declaration by all, then I guess the law of the land will need to be modified to mandate such. As long as that is yet to be done all this demand for public declaration by public officer holders will remain mere rantings with no effect.
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by CSTR2: 8:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Most Nigerians are not very intelligent.
The most important time to carry out assets declaration is after you have left office, which i am sure none of them will carry out including buhari.
Declaring your assets before you get a chance to steal is fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by gentleman100(m): 8:31am On Sep 08, 2015
JewelRegi:

Jst like buhari, was that all his assets?
so you liver very close to him in kastina right? This one you know say nah half be that. You will just die of hypertension because of buhari, you this enemy of progress. whether you like it or not Nigeria will change for better. Olofo.
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Exponental(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2015
supported! but Nigerians are wise, there will always be a way out, just reduced and redefined.
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Gbawe: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2015
martyns303:
Because the declared some shady assests he thinks he's now in any moral position to give orders on who's to declare assets.

What "shady asset"? Show us where he buried his pile of money or stop making allegations you cannot prove. If you don't know, sensible and morally upright adults work with facts worldwide. They don't casually slander others with conjectures and personal suspicion they cannot prove. Buhari has done everything worthy of a President who wishes to lead by example.

You guys should learn to criticise objectively as against talking in ways that make it obvious you are determined to never see good in others. Someone has already called it "partial asset declaration" while you went with "shady assets". Perhaps Buhari should take you and 170 million Nigerians on private tours to view his declared assets. You wailed you wanted his asset made public. That is now the case yet you move on to something else. Na wa for you Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Captainswag225:
lol,, even thief and criminals will declare their assets
hahahahha even tout(agberos)ahawo and gamblers must declare thiers also,no time for nonsense,btw I knew u must be here,mr politician tongue

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Captainswag225(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2015
onomeglo:
hahahahha even tout(agberos)ahawo and gamblers must declare thiers also,no time for nonsense,btw I knew u must be here,mr politician tongue
maybe i was searching for ur comment. U have gradually become an apc member now. Buhari has cast a spell on y'all. Lol
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by rman: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2015
CSTR2:
Most Nigerians are not very intelligent.
The most important time to carry out assets declaration is after you have left office, which i am sure none of them will carry out including buhari.
Declaring your assets before you get a chance to steal is fraudulent.

Declaring before is what provides the reference point. So both are actually very important. What they earn while in office is public knowledge, so if they declared fraudulently after leaving office, they can be taken to court and jailed.

That's why it is actually to the people's advantage if they initially under-declared.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by asha80(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2015
MadCow1:

Yes he can Mynd.

It is a CONSTITUTIONAL requirement for all public office holders to assume office.

#NewNigeriaOrder..

#iChange
I dont think it is constitutionally compulsory
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by 989900: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2015
I can read Bubu's tactics a million miles away -- I thought I told y'all this is where this is headed. #niceonebaba

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Exponental(m): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2015
grumbling in NGF now. those thieves will be like "who send am? we don't have assets to declare"!

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 08, 2015
and if they lie about what they own and possess

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Guyman02: 8:39am On Sep 08, 2015
We are waiting for the APC Governors to declare their assets then PDP can follow.
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by henryuzor(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2015
mccoy47:
So according to PMB what he did was an asset declaration?
smh for this government.
For the nitwits about too tag me a wailer. go back to the annals and see late. president Yar adua's declaration ( precision of assets and liabilities is the watch word here) then compare it with Shehu Garba's announcement (PMB asset declaration) and tell me the difference.
Mumu wailing wailer.......your HERO's response to the declaration of his assets was "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN"......why don't you talk about that and leave Yar'adua who is Late to RIP

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by 989900: 8:39am On Sep 08, 2015
Why do people (especially 'nobodies') have a problem with good things?

2 Likes

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Mynd44: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2015
MadCow1:

Yes he can Mynd.

#NewNigeriaOrder..

#iChange
They all declare but not publicly. He cant make governors declare their assets publicly. It is a personal choice
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by CSTR2: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2015
rman:

Declaring before is what provides the reference point. So both are actually very important. What they earn while in office is public knowledge, so if the declared fraudulently after leaving office, they can be taken to court and jailed.

That's why it is actually to the people's advantage if they initially under-declared.
Of course, i know that.
Ideally declaring before and after is the correct thing to do.
But since Nigerian politicians only declare once, then i choose the better option.
Under the current system, a politician can declare 2million, and embezzle 2billion and nobody will know.

1 Like

Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2015
buhari never see anything...many governors go declare chickens and dogs as asset..at least him set the precedent....... grin grin grin grin....na who them wan use play for this country...
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by UnknownT: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2015
slap1:
Good.
I know some properties of Owelle Rochas Okorocha in Owerri. Patiently waiting.
Spibat housing estate and his fleets of private jet lipsrsealed
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by cutestcee: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2015
This man is so confused and thinks we are also confused as he is!
What he did, can it be really called assets declaration?
Dreamer President
Re: Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari by Nuhusky: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2015
DECLARATION OF ASSETS. Since our president and his vice have declared their assets, it is very important that l also declare mine too as a good citizen... and it goes thus: 1. 12 T-shirts 2.Eight trousers 3. One bathroom slippers. 4. Three shoes. 5. Two ties. 6. Half bag of pure water. 7. One bucket of tap water. 8. One bottle of Oil as a cream 9. Two GSM (1 Nokia & 1 Htc-). 10. Six ankara. 11. 3 pots and one kettle. 12. One set of spoons and a set of plates. 13. One lantern. 14. One stove. 15. One gallon for buying kerosine. 16. One carpet and one Mouka foam. 17. One Apple laptop 18. Two and a half girlfriends (1 in Katsina 1 in Kano, 1/2 in Zaria). 19. Four boxers and Two credit balance N210 @ Diamond Bank, and N758 @GT Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot' - El-Rufai / Nneoma Okorocha Donates A Bungalow To A Widow In Owerri Today (Photos) / Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.