Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher (28085 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher Kolade / Real Reason I Resigned From Gej's Govt As SURE-P Chairman-christopher Kolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2015
grin....my south west ppl are curny, they want to be part of PMB admin, so they wan t to be saint by all means including calling GEJ as corrupted... smh, men are evil, this is why Nnamdi KANU hate the Yoruba's...but nemesis will catch up with them or their children
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Melahou(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

Yet he resigned citing a completely different reason?

Why didn't he simply go via the whistle blowing route instead of flogging an already dead horse?

and you think DSS wont come for him just as they came for the pastor that
expose the bribe money shared to some so called men of God...

https://www.naij.com/391318-pastor-insists-can-received-n7bn-bribe-reveals-more.html

if you are resigning from a firm you don't need to state that your
reason for leaving was because your bosses wife is seducing you.

its common sense
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by free13: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
Guyman02:
South West and North deceived the people of Niger Delta for years telling them that their enemies were the suffering people of South East their Igbo neighbours, meanwhile we have come to realise that Igbos are not our enemies after the last elections but the West and North divided us in order to rule us with propaganda.

"PIB Debate: North Controls 83% of Oil Blocks"
by Henry Umoru and Joseph Erunke

"Abuja - Chairman Senate Committe on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to revoke and re-allocate oil blocks, saying that the northerners control 83 percent of the Oil blocks in the country. He also revealed that eminent Nigerians benefit from the distribution of the Oil blocks. He named late President Umaru Yar'Adua; former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero; former Minister of Petroleum Dr. rilwanu Likman; former Minister of Defense (1999 - 2003) and Chief of Army Staff (1975 - 1979), General Theophilus Danjuma. Others are Alhaji Aminu Dantata; Col, Sani Bello; Alhaji Mai Deribe from Borno State; Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi; Alhaji Saleh Gambo; Mike Adenuga; Yinka Folawiyo (Folorunsho Alakija worth $2.5 billion and Femi Otedola etc).

------ Vanguard News Thursday March 7, 2013

"PIB Debate: North Controls 83% of Oil Blocks"
by Henry Umoru and Joseph Erunke.

----- Vanguard News Thursday March 7, 2013

"I Made $500m From Oil Block, but didn't know how to Spend it - Danjuma."

----- Punch News Thursday February 18, 2010.

"Halliburton Scandal: Report says Abdulsalami, Etiebet, Bayero got $50m"

----- Daily Independent Newspapers Wednesday April 21, 2010.

"N27 bn Halliburton Scam IBB, Abdulsalami, Diya, 77 Others Indicted"

---- Daily Independent Newspapers Thursday April 15, 2010.

"Abdulsalami's Firm named in Failed Power contract of N19 bn"

------ Vanguard Newspapers Friday March 14, 2008.

"Nigerian Leaders Stole $380 bn"

----- BBC News Friday 20 October 2006.

Refineries in Warri and Portharcourt were fixed by Diezani under Jonathan administration. Buhari could not have done a thing in just 2 months. Stop the lies.

"Who is going to fight corruption? The APC people or Obasanjo? They only pay lip service to fighting corruption. Buhari himself is not clean. What is corruption? Malpractices, parading questionable certificates, swearing to false affidavit, they are all part of corruption. And in the 1970s when Buhari was federal commissioner for Petroleum, about $2.8 billion Oil money went missing. It was later discovered that this amount was paid into a British Bank where it yielded about $400 million interest. Nobody knows where that money is. Buhari said he did n't know about it. He was appointed by Abacha as chairman of PTF, my own brother Prof. J.P. Clark was a member. In fact only prof. J.P. Clark and Buhari are still living members of PTF. Buhari brought his brother-in-law as a consultant and later handed over the entire administration of PTF to him and others. They had the authority to execute all projects. At the end of it all, they left and Obasanjo dissolved the board and removed all of them. Then Obasanjo set up a Commission of Enquiry to probe the PTF and the report, which had just been published by some newspapers, shows that N25 billion could not be accounted for by Buhari and those who administered the place. Yet Obasanjo came out to say the only thing he found against him was that instead of building roads and houses, he was busy buying mosquito nets with PTF money."

------ Edwin Kiagbodo Clark Vanguard News Sunday February 22, 2015.

"'Some $30 billion dollars was reportedly earned from Oil during the Babangida years (1985 - 1993). There was in particular the 12 billion dollars Oil windfall earned from 1991 Gulf War. Where did all these huge sums of money go? The most visible answers are some of the multi-billion-dollar white elephant projects around the country. According to Okigbo the handling of the special projects accounts by the Babangida regime was a "gross abuse of public trust."'

-- This Day Newspapers Saturday September 16, 2000.

"...even as Nigeria's oil revenues have soared: in the course of Obasanjo's eight-year tenure, Nigeria earned $223 billion, two and a half times the amount earned over the previous eight years. But thanks to kleptocracy and rampant graft, much of the money has not gone where it should have....Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) estimates that the country has wasted $400 billion since 1960."

----- Jean Herskovits, Former CIA Officer on African Affairs in "Foreign Policy", a United States Journal, August 2007.

"Has the former President (Obasanjo) forgotten that he wasted $16.5 billion dollars on power during his tenure and that $16.5 billion dollars was never accounted for?"

------ Rowland Owie, Former Senate Chief Whip, 1979 - 1983 --- Vanguard News Thursday November 6, 2014.

"The resultant effect of this shoddy approach to National Development was an unmitigated disaster and a colossal los of a whopping sum of nearly 16 billion dollars" .

---- Ameh Ebute Senate President 1993 --- Vanguard News Tuesday October 21, 2014.

"Abacha Served Nigeria Well, say Buhari, Abdulsalami. He did not loot treasury, Babangida declares."
From Adamu Abuh (Kano) and Kodilinye Obiagwu (Lagos)

---- Guardian Newspapers Monday June 9, 2008.

"Abacha Loot: Switzerland has returned $700 m to Nigeria"

---- Vanguard Newspapers Wednesday December 5, 2012.

"US Freezes $458 m Stolen by Nigeria Dictator Abacha"

---- Vanguard News Wednesday March 5, 2014

"State of Jersey to Return 315m Pounds Abacha Loot to Nigeria."

---- Vanguard News Wednesday December 3, 2014..
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by guiddoti: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
hensben:
A very touching Chinese story: 朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻 牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧 扻捡 杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲 楤湥楬 敮牡氬晥⁴ 潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥 戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭 扥楫楬敮牡札慲 楤湥潴昣昸昸攣 散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩 慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦 㡦 捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡 敩瑮琨灯 㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正 牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴 昣 昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮 牡札慲楤湥潴 昣昸昸攣散散汩 整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯 景牧 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散 散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲 牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯 瑩潩㩮 敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶 晲潬 I am already crying especially that very part he said 搴 漻敶晲
PDP wailers make una interpret for us ooo grin
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by omolami: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kolade Christopher, you lied. why? You had told us before that your family asked you to resign due to old age that must not be stressed. Why this lies to gain relevance ? sio
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by jaybee3(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Melahou:

and you think DSS wont come for him just as they came for the pastor that
expose the bribe money shared to some so called men of God...

https://www.naij.com/391318-pastor-insists-can-received-n7bn-bribe-reveals-more.html

if you are resigning from a firm you don't need to state that your
reason for leaving was because your bosses wife is seducing you.

its common sense
So it's better to lie about the real reason behind the resignation?
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by fammo: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

Yet he resigned citing a completely different reason?

Why didn't he simply go via the whistle blowing route instead of flogging an already dead horse?
Whistle blowing sounds like a good option, but when you consider National Interest, various divisions in the country, the sharp political divide and that lives might be lost at the blast of your whistle, you will pocket that whistle and keep quiet. The man was 80 years Old at that time, He must have seen it all and knows what such action can consequently result to.
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by jaybee3(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Demdem:

The media had speculated in 2013 that Mr. Kolade resigned due to corruption at the agency.

Did u read the above part in the article?

Why should we be second guessing the reason behind his sudden resignation if he has absolutely nothing to lose considering his age at the time.

Think about it, would we be in the same position if Sanusi didn't whistle blow about the ongoing corrupt practices enshrined in the workings of the nation's engine room. Yes he faced the ultimate price but prosperity will forever judge him kindly!
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by jaybee3(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
fammo:

Whistle blowing sounds like a good option, but when you consider National Interest, various divisions in the country, the sharp political divide and that lives might be lost at the blast of your whistle, you will pocket that whistle and keep quiet. The man was 80 years Old at that time, He must have seen it all and knows what such action can consequently result to.
God Bless Nigeria

He was 80 but shouldn't have lied as his integrity is now in question.

He didn't have to state the exact reason for his resignation but could have hid it under the banner of "strategic differences hence the need to step aside"
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Alfranco(m): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
efilefun:
Sometimes i wonder what level Nigeria would have been if this man was given another 4 years... Yet some brain dead wailers wanted us to continue with a clueless corrupt laden government

NEVER AGAIN will a drunkard scam Nigerians with that "I have no shoes" story again
But Mr Christopher Kolade didn't say the corruption noticed in those states on SUREP youth employment program was directly the handiwork of the 'drunkard'. Let the 'drunkard' be. How many people are even corrupt free in the major political parties of the country in the last government? Even now they are there as wolves in sheep clothing of anti-corruption but will never resin honorably like this good man.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by fammo: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

He was 80 but shouldn't have lied as his integrity is now in question.

He didn't have to state the exact reason for his resignation but could have hid it under the banner of "strategic differences hence the need to step aside"
Even without using "strategic differences" as an excuse there were insinuations that he was stepping aside because of corrupt practices of officials of SURE-P, how much more if he has stated the aforementioned excuse? To be Honest, SURE-P seriously under performed, it was a noble idea, brilliant initiative but it failed woefully, it never delivered on its promises. Refiniries never worked, job allocation was done along the line of political affiliation, the roads never got completed. It was a scam sir!
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by eluquenson(m): 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
light004:

It's indeed sad that after the laudable achievements made by Sure-P, the pioneer chairman could come and rubbish all the hardwork of honest Nigerians working as consultants, staff, contractors and administrators who worked hard to execute various programmes, projects in various parts of the country. It's indeed shameful that we want to rush everything in the mud despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

i can not mention here the numerous projects carried out through Sure-P in terms of roads, boreholes in various parts of the country, rural electrification, rehabilitation of rural primary health care centres and the building of new ones, building and rehabilitation of primary schools, distribution of sewing machines, keke maruwa and others to help the unemployed.

please carry out your independent verification to confirm these claims. Obviously, the scheme can never be entirely free from corruption but to rubbish all the good works of the dedicated and commitment ones is wicked and mischievious.

Let celebrate our little archievements; it sends out the right signal and encourages others to emulate such acts.
Next joke please, you don't need to celebrate failure.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by slimfit1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
kokoA:
Everything about GEJ's government was fraudulent .

Now the word Goodluck in Nigeria means failure.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by light004: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
eluquenson:
Next joke please, you don't need to celebrate failure.

Can you learn to be objective. Do you have any evidence that the Sure-P scheme is a failure.

This is why Nigeria is in this state, without verifiable facts you condemn the hard work of your fellow country man and call their work a failure and joke. It's a pity that those with eyes refuse to use them. I challenge you to investigate and still come out with the same conclusion.

Sad!!!!
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by DrHighchief(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
I like your courage sir. If u r not comfortable in d system u are, resign honourably. Good name is better than riches. As for SURE P in my state, it was twisted to a particular party. Thank God we r getting it right.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

Why should we be second guessing the reason behind his sudden resignation if he has absolutely nothing to lose considering his age at the time.

u are the one second guessing not me. Its a decision of urs not me. The reason he gave earlier is also valid considering his age and state of health. This second reason is just a further eye opener.

Think about it, would we be in the same position if Sanusi didn't whistle blow about the ongoing corrupt practices enshrined in the workings of the nation's engine room. Yes he faced the ultimate price but prosperity will forever judge him kindly!

Sanusi chose to whistle blow his openly while i guess he did his "codedly" considering the fact that he never for once denied the corruption insinuation against the agency then or even now. Either openly or codedly, the bottom line was it was an open secret that SURE P was a sham.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by change49ja: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
bigtt76:
If only you knew who Dr. Christopher Kolade was you won't be spewing out these wrong facts undecided

Thanks
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by feeloscar(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Whistleblower : noun(used especially in newspapers) a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, you should have made this information known, while you were still in service of the committee
Mr. Kolade, you developed itchy fingers while still in the committee, and were then compelled to resign, but the government out of respect for your long meritorious service to the nation, kept it from the public. But now Mr Kolade you are abusing that privilege.
SLS's case comes to mind. Remember how GEJ reacted when he became a whistle-blower?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
feeloscar:
SLS's case comes to mind. Remember how GEJ reacted when he became a whistle-blower?
And he was acknowledged credit for his supposed "UNSELFISH" act to the nation. So, you are arguing from the point that he shouldn't have exposed the supposed corruption, so as to keep his job. The idea behind whistleblowing is to show your moral values, not to leapfrog in the organisation you work at.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by cigwegbe(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Read this article to see the way forward for Nigeria!

https://www.nairaland.com/2584742/much-ado-corruption#37797254
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Christopher Kolade must be a coward and a sycophant. Why did he say this then. Is he saying now as to be seen as a saint? it is very unfortunate. I know that Jonathan's Administration was ridden with corruption. It was among the most corrupt regimes witnessed in this evil-infested country.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by eluquenson(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
light004:

Can you learn to be objective. Do you have any evidence that the Sure-P scheme is a failure.

This is why Nigeria is in this state, without verifiable facts you condemn the hard work of your fellow country man and call their work a failure and joke. It's a pity that those with eyes refuse to use them. I challenge you to investigate and still come out with the same conclusion.

Sad!!!!
Sure P was a scam, all the palliatives was just an avenue to steal money, it's obvious and you don't need to mention what they did cos if he has done well with the fund...the whole Nigeria will see not you to tell lies here.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by nobeku: 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
permsec:

Nonetheless a sheep that mingles with dogs will one day bite faeces.

Believe this octagerian at ur own peril. Everybody now forming Saint Micheal and Angel Gabriel.
Who is this castrated buffoon?
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
kaycid77:

Yoruba's are backstabbers even at 83... why didn't he give this reason when he was resigning, Yoruba's will back stab you, betray you... and he claim to be a born again and a saint, this man and OBJ worked hand to hand and finish Nigeria, na waoo South West ppl are wicked, I hope every other South South will learn lesson from GEJ and Isacc boro. South West will always sell you
i wish we learn.
I prefer a togolese over a southwaster.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by olayinkaj2(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
menix:
So y re we hearing this now..

All this liars painting sef saints after they lost out is jst crazy.

. You are hearing it now because at that time, he couldn't say it. There are some people who overruled his suggestions.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by omolami: 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Certainly Kolade lacks real integrity. This story negates his earlier reasons. I wonder whom he intends to impress.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Amucha: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
why didn't he report back to the president then? The President gave him a mandate and standard. The Standard was compromised by his colleagues and he didn't call the attention of the president and didn't even include it in his resignation letter. I am disappointed.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by light004: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
eluquenson:
Sure P was a scam, all the palliatives was just an avenue to steal money, it's obvious and you don't need to mention what they did cos if he has done well with the fund...the whole Nigeria will see not you to tell lies here.

According to you, Sure-p is a scam. Can you provide substantial evidence to back your claim? A deafening silent! Have you carried out any investigation on their activities that led to your conclusion? So sad, the world we live in today. we should stop following the crowd.

You obviously need education and enlightenment. you are among the majority that believe that Nigeria is a rich nation and the only problem is how to distribute the wealth for all to enjoy. You are living a delusion and a lie; wake up to reality. Google is your friend, do some simple research on countries and their GDPs and per capital income then compare with Nigeria.

What's the total annual budget of Sure-p? it's just a drop in the ocean compared to the enormous challenges confronting the nation. The government can't solve our problems but they are critical enablers that provide the right environment that allows human activities to strive for a decent living. It's not enough to criticize but to be an indispensable agent for change, progress and prosperity. Mere criticism is destructive. Criticism must be objective and based verifiable facts. Do yourself a favour don't be like the crowd that moves by following others; equip yourself with factual data before holding on to any position.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Tbest20(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
[b][/b]seven gbosa 4 u
efilefun:
Sometimes i wonder what level Nigeria would have been if this man was given another 4 years... Yet some brain dead wailers wanted us to continue with a clueless corrupt laden government

NEVER AGAIN will a drunkard scam Nigerians with that "I have no shoes" story again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, / A Look At Seyi Makinde’s First Month As Oyo State Governor By Lati Abayomi / Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Against Umahi, deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.