Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher (28087 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher Kolade / Real Reason I Resigned From Gej's Govt As SURE-P Chairman-christopher Kolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by PassingShot(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Watch the wailers either avoid this thread or spin the news.

It's their way, anyway.

wordcat:
Anywhere u hear Jonathan's admin, the next u will hear is corruption!
GEJ and corruption = two sides of a coin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
change49ja:

I laughed at the bolded. As if we don't know how things work in Nigeria. What if the people responsible for the wrong doing or illegal activities are the same people in authourity?
Do the "People in authority" also own all the media houses in Nigeria.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by kennyddonn(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
h
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by BizBayo: 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks to God for the CHANGE.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by bigtt76(f): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2015
If only you knew who Dr. Christopher Kolade was you won't be spewing out these wrong facts undecided

hinwazaka:
Whistleblower: noun/ a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, why didn't you make your knowledge of the illegality of the committee's affairs known to the public, while you were still in service of the committee. Also, it won't be too much to ask, of you to show DOCUMENTATIVE evidence, of the corrupt and illegal activities perpetuated by elements of the committee.
Mr Kolade, you were compelled to resign, because of your kleptomaniac behaviour, but because of your "good name" the government kept this quiet.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by snowytee(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2015
let me read
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2015
PassingShot:
Watch the wailers either avoid this thread or spin the news.

It's their way, anyway.
We are here. And we didn't come to play

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Seriously, Jonah-daft was indeed a curse to the Nigerian nation.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Saheed9: 9:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Who wants to be associated with failure
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Justicealh3(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Oga dont expect Ministership from this Administration. Ok
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2015
menix:
So y re we hearing this now..

All this liars painting sef saints after they lost out is jst crazy.

goon, he didnt loose out, instead he resigned and in the process chose not to disgrace Jonah-daft when he was in power.
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 9:35am On Sep 08, 2015
bigtt76:
If only you knew who Dr. Christopher Kolade was you won't be spewing out these wrong facts undecided

Is it the same Mr. Kolade, who almost ran Cadbury Nigeria into the ground. If it is the same individual, then I do know him
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by ugochukw(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2015
Papa kolade @ the age of 80 you were called upon to head SURE P and you accepted.you no dey fear GOD?
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2015
jaybee3:

Yet he resigned citing a completely different reason?

Why didn't he simply go via the whistle blowing route instead of flogging an already dead horse?

The media had speculated in 2013 that Mr. Kolade resigned due to corruption at the agency.

Did u read the above part in the article?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 9:37am On Sep 08, 2015
wordcat:
Anywhere u hear Jonathan's admin, the next u will hear is corruption!

Jonah-daft govt was ..............One day, Another scandal !
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by damyzino(m): 9:39am On Sep 08, 2015
Segadem:
He's not as dat corrupt but he surrounded himself with corrupt people which make it difficult for people to separate his water (gej) from their sour palm wine (corrupt people)

was he forced to embezzle trillions of naira ?.... believe it or not ,jonathan was an epic failure
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by AnanseK(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2015
hensben:
A very touching Chinese story: 朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻 牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧 扻捡 杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲 楤湥楬 敮牡氬晥⁴ 潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥 戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭 扥楫楬敮牡札慲 楤湥潴昣昸昸攣 散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩 慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦 㡦 捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡 敩瑮琨灯 㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正 牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴 昣 昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮 牡札慲楤湥潴 昣昸昸攣散散汩 整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯 景牧 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散 散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲 牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯 瑩潩㩮 敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶 晲潬 I am already crying especially that very part he said 搴 漻敶晲

My response would be; 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散 散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲 牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Kolade has always been telling us far before this time even when Jonah-daft was in charge that the drunkard is a crook. This isnt new

SURE-P ex boss Christopher Kolade says Jonathan killing Nigeria

President Goodluck Jonathan again received another heavy knock on Thursday as the former chairman of the Subsidy Reinvestment Programme and former envoy to United Kingdom Dr. Christopher Kolade said Nigerians have never had it so bad.
Speaking during the Christopher Kolade Leadership Symposium in Lagos the former High Commissioner said those around the President have failed to paint for him tye true depressing state of the nation.
He said “If we get to a point when we do not care how the country is led, we have lost hope. The country is where it is today because some people sacrificed. Unfortunately, beyond stealing, our leaders are not ready to sacrifice anything.”
Kolade’s scathing criticism came barely four days after Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka gave a damming verdict saying the President’s tenure is a disastrous experience for the country.
He said he took the assignments to supervise the SURE-P scheme so as to contribute his quota and and also refused to be paid because he needed to be able to free himself if the scheme was seen to be programmed to fail.

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/sure-p-ex-boss-christopher-kolade-says-jonathan-killing-nigeria/
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by IYANGBALI: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Jonathan thieving Nigeria since 120AD
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by shaddoww: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Sure-p = SURE-pocket
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by timunstopable: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Is it the same Mr. Kolade, who almost ran Cadbury Nigeria into the ground. If it is the same individual, then I do know him

You are wrong Bunmi Oni ruined Cadbury not Christopher Kolade

Be guided

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by AfroKnight: 9:50am On Sep 08, 2015
I knew his name would be dragged in mud when he accepted to serve under Jonathan. After all the prestige and accolades from heading Cadbury and the High Commission he just had to risk it all on Jonathan's corrupt administration. Did he really believe he could run a clean organisation under PDP?

Sometimes it pays to say no to appointments.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by ElderOdedun(m): 9:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Christopher Kolade as unsurp all the opportunities for his Children generations
efilefun:
Former chairman of the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme, Christopher Kolade, on Monday, said he resigned his position in 2013 because its operations were becoming tainted with corruption and politics, thereby losing its credibility.
He said some officials of the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan were practising “something that was lower than the transparency”, expected of an interventionist agency like SURE-P‎.

He said he met resistance when he raised the issues as he was overruled by some powerful forces within the administration.
He spoke on Channels Television Programme, “Views From The Top” anchored by Modele Sarafa-Yusuf.
Mr. Kolade, 83, quit his position as chairman of SURE-P in November 2013, citing advanced age at the time.
He said having attained 80 years, he wanted to slow on energy-demanding activities.
“I explained in the letter (to the president) that having done this SURE-P programme for two years and because within the next month I would be clocking 81, I am giving up some activities that take my energy,” he said.

The former Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom was appointed head of the SURE-P in February 2012 by Mr. Jonathan, after nationwide protests following the hike in the prices of petroleum products.
The SURE-P was mandated to convert saved fuel subsidy money into jobs, roads and other people-oriented programmes.
The media had speculated in 2013 that Mr. Kolade resigned due to corruption at the agency.
Speaking on the TV programme, Mr. Kolade said he left his position because “he realized that some of the values and standards agreed on in the beginning had become diluted”.

He said he found out that some of the decisions the agency was making did not meet up with the standard they had set it up for.
“The government realized people would not believe what they were saying,” Mr. Kolade said.
“And the President said ‘we need to gain credibility with the people in this programme. So we believe that if you and your committee can manage this thing transparently in accordance with what we agreed, then that credibility will be there’.

“Now that’s fine. But when I discovered that there were individuals in the system that were practicing something that was lower than the transparency that we went in with, I raised the issues. And I discovered that political affiliations and things made this difficult.”
The former SURE-P boss cited an instance when the agency decided to employ 5000 youth from every state of the federation.
According to him, when it commenced the process it was told the arrangement it adopted was not acceptable.

He said, “We started by saying that we would offer employment to 5000 youths from every state. Of course if you are sitting in Abuja, and you want to identify 5000 youths in all the states, it is difficult unless you involve people who are on the spot.
“Now, it was the feeling of our committee, led by me, that to identify people in the states, we needed people who were political neutral. In other words, get civil servants to go in there and say according to the criteria you‘ve agreed, these are the 5000 youths from this state. But we were told that would not be acceptable.

“So something was set up called State Implementation Committees made up mainly of people with political affiliations with one party or the other. When that was brought into play, I pointed out that I feared this would politicize what we were trying to do. And that therefore I felt we should take politicians out of this. But I was overruled by those who had the power to overrule me.

“And then, it started happening. I got complaints from Abia state, from Ekiti state that many of the youths being recruited into the programme were supporters of party A or party B and I went back, and said what I suspected is beginning to happen.
“So we need to kill this thing right away and go back to what we agreed. Now, somehow, we couldn’t do that. And for me, if you destroy the foundation on which you are setting up something like that, if you feel that credibility is the key to success in this thing, and then you undermine credibility by politicizing the issues, you are shooting yourself on the foot. And I’m not very good at shooting in the foot because I find out I can’t walk very well after that.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189652-real-reason-i-resigned-from-jonathans-govt-as-sure-p-chairman-christopher-kolade.html
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by emmy9688: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2015
EVerything in Nigeria... Spoilt, Sigh!
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Kingspin(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2015
That is Nigeria for you, before Buhari leave office somebody will also disclose situation like this that is why i advocate for system restructure/accountability, purely define system. And not this off hand system of government. Our leaders have eaten enough and Nigerians if they are ready must stop them in one voice..
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by hinwazaka: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2015
timunstopable:

You are wrong Bunmi Oni ruined Cadbury not Christopher Kolade

Be guided
Did you not read my post or you failed to comprehend. I indicated that he ALMOST ran into the ground. And also, do your research well. The downturn of Cadbury Nigeria, started with the management headed by Christopher Kolade.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by docadams: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Whistleblower : noun(used especially in newspapers) a person who informs people in authority or the public that the company they work for is doing something wrong or illegal.
Mr Kolade, you should have made this information known, while you were still in service of the committee
Mr. Kolade, you developed itchy fingers while still in the committee, and were then compelled to resign, but the government out of respect for your long meritorious service to the nation, kept it from the public. But now Mr Kolade you are abusing that privilege.

Hmmmmm.
You sound worse than an orphanage reject.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Did you not read my post or you failed to comprehend. I indicated that he ALMOST ran into the ground. And also, do your research well. The downside of Cadbury Nigeria, started with the management headed by Christopher Kolade.

U are talking rubbish. Present ur research that made u come to this conclusion for all to see and i will be convinced that u arent an eediot.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by AlPeter: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
those people no get names?
At 83 pa kolade u dont hv anything to fear, so name names n stop talkng to gain cheap sympathy. Abi u follow want appointment?
So what is really bad if party A filled d slots given?
Na pdp fill the govt now? No be cpc n apc full am? R we complaining? Empty chestbeater, even at 83.
Rubbish.

If he start naming some folks like you will start shouting and screaming, which may lead to rioting. he is doing the wise thing here, if anyone want names they can ask him CONFIDENTIALLY. secondly, In Lagos I know of people that paid over #100,000 for forms to be a part of the SURE-P tFederal Task Force yet after spending time and money they have NOTHING to show for it. all they co-ordinators were PDP members.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by Neplusultra(f): 10:12am On Sep 08, 2015
Nawa o ! Who I go come believe nau?
I know Jonathan was corrupt tho!
Re: Real Reason I Resigned From Jonathan’s Govt As SURE-P Chairman – Christopher by OlaSpeaker(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2015
Pa kolade is just trying to use wisdom to mince words by not naming names he learned from Gen. Azazi who hit the nail on the head and end up in an helicopter crashed. someone said he tried to make things right but he was short up by some powerfull forces even if he include this in his resignation letter to the President he will only end up like Azazi after all Gen. Azazi blew the whistle he ended up losing his life in a chopper crash and uptill now nothing was done to his revelation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Look At Seyi Makinde’s First Month As Oyo State Governor By Lati Abayomi / IDPs Block Makurdi-Lafia Highway, Protest Killing Of 7 By Herdsmen (Pics, Video) / How We Determined The Autheticity Of Leaked Tape On Ekiti Election- U.S FIRM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.