Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria (67556 Views)

See What A Sage Yoruba Man Wrote About Biafra, Nigeria And Amalgamation / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SeverusSnape(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Rape and jungle justice are very common here too.
Very true sir. I replied your mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Very true sir. I replied your mail.

Thanks bro. Replied!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ArodewilliamsT: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
The fulani-led zoo can not create, it only understands "come and Chop'. Biafrans who represent the most creative people is west africa made their own weapons and refined crude while at the same time fighting for it's live in the 70s.

Biafra will come. Even in your subconscious you all know it.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
I've always known the fastest way to make an enemy out of the average Nigerian is to tell them the truth; majority of Nigerians can barely stand the truth!

Yes. Agreed the guy's comment was very harsh, but it's nothing but the truth. We import almost everything. Almost everything. We're wired for consumption. We hardly produce anything. That's a big challenge for US all. Any consuming nation will continue to be treated with disgust and contempt! Respect is earned!

How many Indians visit our hospitals for medical reasons? These guys are expatriates by our standards. We are a smart people but we have not deployed our intelligence to the betterment of our society!

Yes. We even import intelligence. I read where it was alleged some of our past presidents deployed foreign special forces for personal guards at Aso Rock.

Truth is better than patriotism!

The first step to greatness is the acceptance of TOTAL responsibility for whatever that befalls us.

3 Likes

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yep. Truth hurts!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Not in a country where there's high rate of election malpractices

Are you kidding me? What happened in the last elections? What of 2011?

Accept the fact we've got a lot of thinking to do!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Are you kidding me? What happened in the last elections? What of 2011?

Accept the fact we've got a lot of thinking to do!
No! I'm "childing" you grin grin
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by DedeNkem: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
His comment is very true.
Nigeria is a major oil producer and yet we import diesel and petrol because of very corrupt governments we've been having.

The worse part of the whole thing is that Nigerians don't care whether they're being cheated or not! That's why corruption is endemic in this useless country.

Nigerians should go and bury their f*ucking heads in the sand in shame!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chiaka:
If we are frank! He said the truth.! so we should rather think to change the mentality by putting things right. Even revisiting the expatriate employment. All sort of persons come under the guise of expatriate whether they qualify or not. Have even seen fresh school leavers been employed as expatriate some people with little or no work experience in the area they are manning are also employed expatriate, all sort of abnormalities happen here!

I tell you sister. One of the expatriate employed by construction company in kano turned out to be mere a street musician after careful scrutiny. Once you are white, you will be worshipped here in Nigeria.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Duru1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.

Ranting of ant. Nigeria is a first grader in terms of intellect. The Indian dude gave classical assessment of the zoo called Nigeria.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by macof(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
dtjns37:
he said " in this country nothing worth bringing back, they import everything". I think that's a myopic comment.
also, see d comment abt us importing intelligence.

Don't we import everything? Including intelligence?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by SinghInLagos: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
For your mind ... You are are an Indian ..
dear sister, my purpose on this life is not for people believe who am I but for me to make difference in world and my fellow human being.
Shri Mahatma Ghandi taught us that "Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever."
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
TechRev:
ZOOGERIA!!!
I like this. I'd start using it. Thanks.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by marylandcakes: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
The truth is bitter but it has got to be said. The guy hit the nail on the head. What hope is there for a country that imports common toothpic?. A least they produce automobiles in India. In Nigeria 90% of engineer's dream job is sitting in a fully air conditioned office in shirt and tie. Nigerians even import drop outs from India and make them top expatriate bosses.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Sodiumdawg: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Show me a successful Nigerian, and I can easily add "against all odds" to his story.

Nigeria's leadership has always been about selling oil, living like kings and feeding us crumbs, so it's hardly surprising this Indian guy said this. Of what quality us our education? Is there any practical knowledge imparted in our universities? India is getting that right, at least.

That said, it cuts both ways. I sometimes lecture my Indian boss about Project Management. He knows next to nothing. I acted in that position for a while, and the project experienced an unprecedented burst of speed! Well, that didn't stop my employers from importing this vacuum-brained galoot to take over from me. The work is currently at a standstill. Shay I dey collect my salary? OK nau!

My opinion? It cuts both ways. The guy could be right, but sometimes Nigeria imports apes to head organizations in which, had it been in US or UK, they couldn't be employed as janitors.

My opinion.

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Duru1:

Ranting of ant. Nigeria is a first grader in terms of intellect. The Indian dude gave classical assessment of the zoo called Nigeria.

If you call Nigeria zoo, what do you call here? Maybe jungle.

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Misselocon(f): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
Quite right! But what to do?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by gbishman: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Is he lying YES or NO
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by ibedun: 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
BLACK AFRIcans are factually unintelligent! Look around you, our environment is full of undisputeable proof. We would be exterminated within the next 100 to 200 years. We are primitive humans and can not adapt to the present world.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
ibullem:

maybe, just maybe we need such asinine comments to bring us back from limbo to the stark reality of the colossal mess we are in.
No, we don't. Thinking Nigerians know exactly where we are in. Unthinking Nigerians won't know just because some random Indian insulted their country. This sort of comment only generates bad blood. Harsh criticism, yes. Idiotic comment that slurs a people, no. If you know, someone who's father is a drunkard, try to go shouting in his face when he breaks your head tell the world that maybe, just maybe you needed to do that to save his father. This man's comments are not even true per se as I explained in my earlier post.

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by starG7(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
Of coarse is true..even common toothpicks, wat a shame angry
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
But he is correct... If you like make the insult follow you go grave, Buhari has even started importing what we are blessed with. Tell me what is good to be taken out of here to your friends abroad; Kpekere?
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by vonn(f): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
There is actually something to bring back................

His life!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
ttmacoy:
Not smart?

How many Nigerians do we have heading global companies?

Should i list Indians for you? Pepsi, Microsoft, Deloitte, former Vodafone, former Citigroup, just past Deutche Bank. Should I continue?

If we are honest we know he is telling the truth.

We have a poor attitude to work a work always looking for the short cut and quick riches.

Don't mind them. The dont tell themselves the truth even when it is evident
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Yorobastard(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
IyaIode:

But your people does most of the importation, whenever you get biafra, you will still import from Nigeria

You can lie eehn....Chisos
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by unmask: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Based on pictures I've seen and news emanating from India, it is the dirtiest and most unlivable place in the world. Only Americans, Europeans and couple of other Nationals like Singapore, Japan and China can write thrash about Nigeria because they are better off but not hungry tiny d*cked Indians.
what you posted doesn't take away the fact that they spoke the truth......attacking his own country as a form of defending yours is quite laughable

1 Like

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Teeside12(m): 12:09am On Sep 09, 2015
Abagworo:
In world ranking of richest countries,India's 10th while Nigeria takes d 20th position..So what are we saying
Although what d man posted was bad!!
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by 400billionman: 1:32am On Sep 09, 2015
dtjns37:
These are screenshots of a comment on facebook about Nigeria that broke my heart. I felt as if the insult was directed at me.

This man worked in same company with me as an expat for a few months. He's my facebook friend, and he's Indian.
Someone asked him to bring something from Nigeria, then he went ahead and lashed the country in his comment.

I want the world to see this careless post. I hope he repents of such a stinking mentality about Nigeria.
He posted the update on sunday afternoon.

''Waiting for flight back to India from Lagos International Airport, Nigeria''

Kamal Parikh Bring some special
1 · September 6 at 12:46pm

Suresh Shahdadpuri Kamal Parikh in this country nothing worth bringing back. They import everything. It is major oil producing country, but they import diesel and petrol. How are you?
1 · September 6 at 12:49pm

Goplani Vishnu They import intelligence also
2 · September 6 at 12:58pm''

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206127715965895&set=a.3319052689141.2146517.1052989290&type=1&theater

I am ashamed you called TRUTH insult.

We Nigerians are still very far from creativity. Its a pity. Nothing is working. Its a conusmer economy. That is why there is poverty everywhere. I asked my friend today how far with his constrution site. He said, thieves went there and stole his Iron rods, 6,000 blocks, even the submerged Sumo, 100 bags of cement while he went abroad for few weeks.

So Nigerians are thieves, corrupt people and lazy people. We produce nothing but consume everything..
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by adconline(m): 1:33am On Sep 09, 2015
You can post all the slums in India, but a few pictures from Maroko will shut you up!
Facts from Forbes 2000 World's Biggest Public Companies.
India has a lot of companies in the 1st 500 and 1000 ranking. No Naija company in the 1st 1000.
India has 56 companies listed while Naija has only 4.
India's Largest company, Reliance Industries sales are $ 71.7bn while Naija entire budget for 2015 is $22.6bn For every N100 FG spends, an Indian company makes N300.
Hard pill to swallow: Keke NAPEP maker, Bajaj, makes more sales than Naija biggest company, Dangote
Next time you see Keke, respect an Indian!!

2 Likes

Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by Vaughan27: 1:48am On Sep 09, 2015
dialfa:
what should he have said?
Ode b asking me?
Mtchewwww.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by 400billionman: 1:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Some people are so egotistic that they cannot handle truth.

Naija youths are thieves, i mean burglars while their politicians are embezzlers because they all refused to use their brains.

Nigerians have the best brains and graduating students from foreign universities yet back home, we are unproductive.
Re: See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria by malikisah: 2:15am On Sep 09, 2015
dtjns37:
he said " in this country nothing worth bringing back, they import everything". I think that's a myopic comment.
also, see d comment abt us importing intelligence.
so what in your opinion is worth bringing back

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara / 2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.