Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,496 members, 7,836,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

See How Unidentified Soldier Flogged My Friend For Daring To Ask Question - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See How Unidentified Soldier Flogged My Friend For Daring To Ask Question (834 Views)

Lady Beats Up Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband In Ado Ekiti - Pictures / Soldier Flogged By His Superiors Laments (Photos) / Girl Sets Up Her Friend For 10-Man Gang Rape In Ekiti State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How Unidentified Soldier Flogged My Friend For Daring To Ask Question by aylipple: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2015
The Nigerian Army, just like other members of the Armed Forces and security agencies, are paid to protect the civilian populace, not brutalize them. While there is in the majority, professionals and highly disciplined members of the NA, the actions of a few rotten eggs have tainted and continued to taint the image of the army.
My friend, who wasn't feeling well, had taken a commercial bike around 11.20AM on Monday to first lodge a complaint at Union Bank from where he was going to head to OAU Ile-Ife to run a medical test.
On their way, around Lagere junction opposite Stanbic IBTC, they were assaulted by a soldier. Initially, it seemed the bike rider had committed an unknown offence and was the target of the soldier's fury but as he (the soldier) took out his whip to flog the rider, it landed on my friend's neck.
An attempt to inquire from the soldier what happened seemed to infuriate him the more as he mercilessly flogged my friend in question. The unidentified soldier didn't have a name tag on his uniform but was attached to a red-colored van with the call number '007' written on it.
When will our soldiers and other security agents learn to stop brutalizing civilians at the slightest or no provocation?
See photos of the marks left on my friend's body after the soldier was through flogging him.

Re: See How Unidentified Soldier Flogged My Friend For Daring To Ask Question by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Overzealousness of the highest order! Some soldiers believe they are some Zoo keepers!!
Re: See How Unidentified Soldier Flogged My Friend For Daring To Ask Question by NifemiOlu(m): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Koboko...

(1) (Reply)

BOKO HARAM Graduates Students(photo) / Woman Arrested After Kidnapping Man And Forcing Him To Perform MouthAction / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.