Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

The Circle "A Short Story" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Circle "A Short Story" (1865 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Circle "A Short Story" by midasbliss(f): 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Just after ubi left the classroom I saw myself! Definitely that was me! That was Me many years back, No! Few years back! I was in my classroom doing what I knew how to do best, minding my business! Miss Angela walked up to me, She wanted me to prove myself to her pupils as usual, I followed her like it was nothing. I never was loved by her pupils and I never cared if they did either! I loved the fame I enjoyed. I stood backing my haters while I solved the arithmetic presented to me on the board... None else could solve it!
"Imagine!"

Exclaimed Miss Angela.

"This girl will keep on disgracing you all. She is three classes behind yet she knows more than most of you! How did you get into primary 5?"

While miss Angela kept on being rhetoric on her students, I felt my neck getting tired of my head. Yes! I was proud of myself. How mighty an IQ I thought I had. I couldn't help but smile at my little self. There I was, handling my belt and spinning my foot. I loved that sight.

"Now I want you all to give Nkem 5Naira each or else!"

Ha! A whole 5Naira from almost fifty people? How happy I felt, and I couldn't wait to dash out of the class while the 5Naira kept dropping on my palm.

"You will give me my money later"

Whispered my elder brother. Rather than listen, I kept on collection and giving of change. I was mega rich! Doughnut, Ice cream, chin chin and more were all I could think of. Miss Angela helped calculate my money and I had a whooping 145Naira! While She was mad at those who didn't contributed, I dashed off to my class and told my awesome story!
Rhoda my Best Friend way back! Was jealous but I calmed her with Zobo... I took 80Naira home, told my mother the story and that was my mistake...

"What! You this girl your papa don spoil you finish...
So what did I teach you?
What did I tell you about showing me anything someone gives to you?
If you go chop winch, you no go fit kill me oh! Na yourself you go kill... Now give me the remaining money! Your father must hear this..."

I expected the drama and yeah, I never saw my 80Naira again... Last time I asked, I was to pay for all the food I had been eating...
Few days later, I got the threat of my life Paul and his clique told me their parents were going to come visiting if I didn't give them their money each!

"Where do I get 30Naira from? My mummy seized the money"

I told them shivering. The problem from my parents was enough. I can't stand six more parents!
I was known by many, Until Fejiro came...
Oh no! Myself was fading away... I was running off...everything was becoming blurred and distant!

"Jesus Christ! Arrrrrgh!!!"

My teacher's lash restored me and a better half of the class were already laughing at me! I was lost in thought... Oh! I was still seated in that boring class!

"Stand!
I am here wasting my sweat and you are there thinking about your boyfriend shey?"

"No Sir"

I replied shabbily amid tears, the lash flashed my brain I was floating on the air, my feet were light! I rested on the wall staring at the Pythagoras theorem smiling at me from the board, Ubi, an SS1 student had solved it all without patronising the duster.
"I wonder how dullards like you make it to SS3! You are starting your WAEC roughly two months from now and just a revision of Pythagoras theorem half the class can't solve!!!
He roared and the class was dead...

Encryptjay Pryd Omotayo9177 SalientP

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by pryd(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
Midas!! cheesy
Definitely following.... wink

1 Like

Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by encryptjay(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2015
pryd:
Midas!! cheesy
Definitely following.... wink
What do you have to say about this piece sire?
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by pryd(m): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
encryptjay:

What do you have to say about this piece sire?

Hey bro, well, I think it's quite funny. Seemed like a spur of the moment kinda piece, the writer didn't require to do too much thinking.
More like a freestyle, not bad.
What say thee?
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by midasbliss(f): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2015
uhmmm... lipsrsealed
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by pryd(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2015
midasbliss:
uhmmm... lipsrsealed
LoL what? wink
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by midasbliss(f): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
pryd:
LoL what? wink
lipsrsealed nothing o sire

1 Like

Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by omotayo9177: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Following!!!
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by kwencypresh(f): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by toykathy(f): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
omotayo9177:
Following!!!
hey! Hw re u doing too? Thz i got ur PM
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by omotayo9177: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2015
toykathy:

hey! Hw re u doing too? Thz i got ur PM
I'm good. You ddnt reply my msg
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by toykathy(f): 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
omotayo9177:
I'm good. You ddnt reply my msg

i just tot i shud do d replying here. Or u have gooddy bag for moi?
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by omotayo9177: 4:52am On Sep 21, 2015
toykathy:

i just tot i shud do d replying here. Or u have gooddy bag for moi?
Yea sure. GoodyBags...
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by toykathy(f): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2015
omotayo9177:
Yea sure. GoodyBags...
ayam here, pls drop the baggies
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by melekan(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
oh... my... GOD. i almost missed my bus stop reading this,YOU my dear a writter and a righter.thanks alot for this..
Re: The Circle "A Short Story" by encryptjay(m): 2:02am On Nov 08, 2015
melekan:
oh... my... GOD. i almost missed my bus stop reading this,YOU my dear a writter and a righter.thanks alot for this..
smiley

(1) (Reply)

WOLEXIT Stands -wole Soyinka / Red Harmattan / Rich Dad, Poor Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.