Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,412 members, 7,853,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry (2078 Views)

Nigeria Set To Become Biggest African Power Since Pharaonic Egypt / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS / Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by midolian(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2015

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Power, Mr. GoodKnows Igali on Tuesday said a total of N2.74tn has been spent on the power sector since 1999.

He also said no engineer was employed in the public power sector for 11 years.

Igali said this at the beginning of the Senate probe of the sector.

According to him, the absence of proper investment in the sector prior to 1999 as well as acts of sabotage were largely responsible for the problems bedeviling the sector.

He explained that from the 1900s, when power first came to Lagos, power generation and distribution remained in the hands of government until the sector was unbundled in 1999.

Igali said, prior to 1999, “by law, even if you can generate power yourself, you cannot sell to your neighbour.”

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/news/n2-7tn-spent-on-power-since-obasanjos-govt-ministry/

Lalasticlala
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Abbeyme: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Money wasted?
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by wachakuta(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chisos..

And PMB just use Olny BODY wake d power sector up...
Truly Great men are born not Made...

1 Like

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by sammyj: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
The question to ask here is if OBJ never invested the money on the power project compared to the past clueless president that had to recommission OBJs power project. Trust the wailers to flood this thread with their usual wailing propaganda !!!
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Where is the balance?

1 Like

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jeeezus! shocked shocked

And we still have nothing to show for it. Baba iyabo and GEJ will pay for this angry
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by cutieberie1(f): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
We still have unstable light ooo
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
JEGA01:
Jeeezus! shocked shocked

And we still have nothing to show for it. Baba iyabo and GEJ will pay for this angry
na baba iyabo go pay for am, stop being silly.
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by midolian(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Where is the balance?
OBJ and GEJ..! I don't even know who to blame more. Buh I thing OBJ is deserving of blame than GEJ on this.
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by 48noble(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
All we see are conductors with nothing to conduct

1 Like

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by agarawu23(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abbeyme:
Money wasted?
yes
The money wasn't used for the purpose. angry
PDP are bloody thieves starting from OBJ.

1 Like

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by folabisi07(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
Haaaa!!! Gbese!!!
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

na baba iyabo go pay for am, stop being silly.
as much as I ll like to agree with you, I ll like you to tell me what GEJ contributed to the power sector during his tenure upon all the billions spent
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
JEGA01:
as much as I ll like to agree with you, I ll like you to tell me what GEJ contributed to the power sector during his tenure upon all the billions spent
so d light u dey enjoy na u build those plants? Or na buhari's body language bin construct am?
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by STENON(f): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
Our Money!!!
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so d light u dey enjoy na u build those plants? Or na buhari's body language bin construct am?
And why didn't it work during GEJ's regime? If u can give GEJ the credit for this, We can as well give OBJ. undecided
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nigeria politicians are the same. No one is clean among them.
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by divinehand2003(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
OLUWA JESU CHRISTI ORITSE ALLAH
2.74 TRILLIONS
HMMMM
GOD PUNISH SATAN OOOOO
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Nigeria politicians are the same.
No one is clean among them.
yes but, Buhari is still by far cleaner than GEJ and Obasanjo.
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Buhari is by far cleaner than GEJ and Obasanjo.

Certified. Every sensible nigerian knows that, but you cant say he is clean.

No two ways to that, what is dirty is dirty!!!
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Certified. Every sensible nigerian knows that, but you cant say he is clean.

No two ways to that, what is dirty is dirty!!!
yea, you may be right. But if you can show me a completely clean politician in this world, I would show you a snake with legs.
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
yea, you may be right. But if you can show me a completely clean politician in this world, I would show you a snake with legs.

Let that be your next mission!
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

Let that be your next mission!
sure! When you show me that politician with proof. grin
Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by joseph1832(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
midolian:
OBJ and GEJ..! I don't even know who to blame more. Buh I thing OBJ is deserving of blame than GEJ on this.
OBJ has the primary blame. If he had stood against corruption the way PMB is now doing, Nigeria won't be in this mess.

OBJ built the foundations of corruption in Nigeria, GEJ only built the structure and roofed it.

1 Like

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by midolian(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
joseph1832:
OBJ has the primary blame. If he had stood against corruption the way PMB is now doing, Nigeria won't be in this mess.
True!

2 Likes

Re: PROBE: N2.7tn Spent On Power Since Obasanjo’s Govt – Ministry by Bevista: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nigeria was generating around 1,700MW as @ 1999. So, between then and 2015 (16yrs), PDP spent almost N3Trillion on Power but were only able to add 2,500MW to the National Grid.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are White Collar Jobs Held More Respectably Than Blue Collar Jobs? / Gay Lecturer Dr. Gambo, Arrested For Harassing Male Student At The ABU, Zaria / Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.