Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe (2061 Views)

Joe Igbokwe On Channels TV, Trends On Twitter / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ] / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Mc4larin: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was privileged to attend the grand finale of Gov. Rauf Aregbesola’s second term bid campaigns in 2014 in Oshogbo stadium where I saw a crowd that frightened me. I have been attending campaign rallies since 1999 but what I saw in Oshogbo was unprecedented in the history of Nigeria. I was sitting close to a friend and when I sought his opinion on what we are witnessing he told me that this is no longer rally but a movement.

After the Ondo Guber elections last Saturday November 26 2016 many commentators began to celebrate the so-called Buhari boys in Abuja who they said outsmarted Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I saw a calculated attempt to whittle down the well-deserved honour and glory the man has recorded even from his days at Mobil Producing Nigeria. Many half a penny commentators said that this may be the beginning of the end of the Asiwaju BAT’s phenomenon. Some said that BAT has been bruised.

But I know enough history to conclude that success is not an event. I know that nobody makes it to the World Series overnight. I know the champions do not become heroes overnight. Throughout history I have known that history is not drawn on a straight line. This is the reason why I feel that those who tried to use the outcome of Ondo elections to get at Asiwaju BAT miss the point. They know nothing about Asiwaju BAT as a massive movement. They know nothing about BAT as a friend of the poorest of the poor.

They know nothing about BAT as a bridge builder. They know nothing about BAT as a maker of leaders in Nigeria. They knowing about BAT as a friend of all and sundry. They know nothing about Asiwaju as a strategic thinker, fighter, and achiever. They know little about his committed, vast preponderance and deep-rooted friends across Nigeria. They know nothing about his deep connect with Presidents and leaders in Africa and the world.They know nothing about the men and women he has brought up across Nigeria as political leaders, Governors, Deputy Governors, Speakers, Senators, Reps, Commissioners, Ministers, LGA Chairmen, business men etc including Akeredolu and Alasoadura.

The low thinkers do not know that in 2012 he brought to the front seat, the man of history called Rotimi Akeredolu. Ah, Ah, I wish these people know this saga called Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Oh, how I wish they know what I know? How I wish they had been close to this working history who showed me the freeways, byways, subways, highways and low ways of power. How I wish they know ten percent of what I know about this man of history. When it was difficult for people to understand this man he humbly released this statement to drive home his points.

Hear ASIWAJU BAT :'I set my goals and objectives in accordance with my vision. I study them and strategically execute them. My detractors discuss my successes and failure because they have nothing to execute. I am in the news more because I'm working, Nigerians discuss active men in the field. Mentioning any negative news about me will double the wealth of any news media that published it. My name today is a financial market for journalist. Not even elected politicians get the publicity I am enjoying. My comrades , go and work till mentioning your name becomes a source of increased wealth for someone. Even my weakness create wealth for vendors'.

Andy Andrew tells me that “Everybody wants to reach the top of the mountain, but there is no growth at the peak. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life's next peak”.

Niccolo Machiavelli teaches us that “The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him”Take a look around BAT and see the men and women around him and it is only when you know this that you will begin to understand this man.

Asiwaju is not without blemish. Asiwaju is not playing God. Asiwaju did not preach to us that he is the best God ever created. Asiwaju did not tell us that he knows it all. He never said so. Asiwaju is an ordinary mortal like everyone of us.

I pray that the East and the North will try to produce one person each like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. This country will be better for it. Let me say it once again that it is difficult for 20 – 30 people to gather anywhere in Nigeria without you discovering that one person may have been touched by Asiwaju magic. This is what makes BAT a massive movement.

Now, let me close with this” celebrate great men and women and you too will achieve greatness. The one who serve a people is their master. It is good to be important but it is more important to be good. I am celebrating Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu today because I want to be a great man like him. Case rested!

Joe Igbokwe
Publicity Secretary
All Progressive Congress (APC), Lagos Chapter.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by HungerBAD: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Joe has said it all.

It is okay to have disagreements in parties,which I consider an healthy thing.

But to pull down a man is something else,and then to ridicule him while pulling him down,is unforgivable and that is where we stand now.

As it stands today in Nigeria's Politics. Tinubu has positively affected more Nigerian lives,than all the other Politicians combined together.

And people will remember.

I am talking from cleaners,to bus drivers. I am talking of Oba's to Governors and your average market woman.

If Tinubu has affected me positively,he has affected those under me positively too,and that is why an attempt to cut down tinubu,is a waste of time.

If bringing in only progressives into politics,and that is why they consider you a godfather?then continue bringing in progressives like Ambode and co. Into politics.

I am yet to see one of those brought into power by Tinubu,accused of being a looter,or a kleptomaniac with our public funds.

This is a man that risked it all,to make sure the APC stands. And after the building is rock solid now,others are trying to disgrace him out of a house he carried blocks on his head to build.

May our tenants never become our Landlords.

And that is why I stand with Tinubu.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
igbokwe kabiru

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Jokerman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Movement that Buhari crushed??

8 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by kingwax7007: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Asiwaju...

I really don't like the man, just like OBJ, but I have great respect for them....

I love strategist and intelligent people...

People who plan ur path and even while in defiance, you are unknowingly perfecting their plan....

#Respect

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by clevadani: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tinubu may not be the best, but he surrounds himself with the best. I respect him for that.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by modsmustdie: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
I have been wondering why thud shameless sycophant hasn't talk.... abeg, those confused afonjazed zombies should the shameless Joe to chance his name to yorubakwe, after all we are in the Changi
Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Waspy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Make I enter before the bus full
Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by malton: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Well thought out and succinctly put.

Tinubu is a man I love and respect. He deserves all the accolades thrown his way.

However, I abhor sycophancy!

Truth is, the big men always get greedy. He has always forayed good and capable men into the tray, but at the same time, he blocks the entry of new people who could bring better.

I hate that any man will have to play on a tilted field. He wants the best for his people, but seeks even better for himself.

His insistence on a particular candidate shows that he has an interest to protect, a personal one.

I'm all for equal opportunity for everybody, and although politics does not guarantee that, we shouldn't make heroes out of those who made it impossible.

What people like him aim to achieve is create institutions that make it possible to extract, shortchanging the society in the process.

The earlier we begin pointing these defects out, the better it is for all of us.

Let's create a society that encourages competition. A place where regardless of your background, you could get anywhere just so long as you try. It's high time we stopped exalting a system that kills your morale long before you attempt to become.

Fu.c.k the establishment, the people matter a lot more!

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
All these image laundering for this Drug peddler shows that he is being stripped daily of his powers by the real power brokers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokerman:
Movement that Buhari crushed??
gbam

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Paperwhite(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
After your endless epistles,APC is now set to pick Bolaji Abdullahi as its spokesman while Tinubu have been completely caged by Buhari's cabal.Summary-both Joe Igbokwe & BAT remain useless.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by DanPel(m): 1:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
ojuyobo's eyes has yobo-ed oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by omofunaab(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
tinubu brought progressive politics into south west although some governors have started derailing.

i have huge respect for tinubu. he is a good political mentor but in politics you can't always have it your way

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tinubu is critically ill. Developed serious BP immediately Akeredolu won

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by ndcide(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Joe Igbokwe and HungerBAD are both comedians. Had Tinubu not been terribly planked, Igbokwe and his ilks will be writing about GEJ and PDP.

we know the truth jare grin

Tinubu doesn't need media wash. When we see a chicken beaten by rain, you'll know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Toosure70: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
For the first tym I see a sensible person from south yeast. I forgive all iPad as from today.Igbo kwenu! Mumu kwenu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Atiku2019: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
cry cry cry cry The fastest way Tinubu can rejuvenate his political Career is an Alliance with Atiku/New PDP Cartel grin .... Tinubu has surely lost Grip of his ACN block....

I Can't wait to See an E-war Soon between Tinubu Online Warriors and APC/Buhari online warriors..

The likes of DonSmith,Rilwayne01, Modath Vs Quotasystem, Sarrki,Madridboy,Progressive01 tongue ....

It's Atiku2019 cool

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by ASL33: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
If i may ask who is pulling Tinubu down? From all i have read here PMB is part of the gang that is against Tinubu and about 2 or 3 weeks ago the same Joe Igbokwe was on channels standing with PMP 101%. So everything is confusing now. Joe you cannot stand for two opposing sides.

Again somebody should give names of the culprits that are pulling Tinubu down if any.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Progressive01(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry cry The fastest way Tinubu can rejuvenate his political Career is an Alliance with Atiku/New PDP Cartel grin .... Tinubu has surely lost Grip of his ACN block....

I Can't wait to See an E-war Soon between Tinubu Online Warriors and APC/Buhari online warriors..

The likes of DonSmith,Rilwayne01, Modath Vs Quotasystem, Sarrki,Madridboy,Progressive01 tongue ....

It's Atiku2019 cool

You go wait tire! cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by WINNERMENTALITY: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pls don't mind the Igbo in igbokwe he is a yorouba man living in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Joe has said it all.

But to pull down a man is something else,and then to ridicule him while pulling him down,is unforgivable and that is where we stand now.

As it stands today in Nigeria's Politics. Tinubu has positively affected more Nigerian lives,than all the other Politicians combined together.

I am talking from cleaners,to bus drivers. I am talking of Oba's to Governors and your average market woman.

If Tinubu has affected me positively,he has affected those under me positively too,and that is why an attempt to cut down tinubu,is a waste of time.

If bringing in only progressives into politics,and that is why they consider you a godfather?then continue bringing in progressives like Ambode and co. Into politics.

I am yet to see one of those brought into power by Tinubu,accused of being a looter,or a kleptomaniac with our public funds.

This is a man that risked it all,to make sure the APC stands. And after the building is rock solid now,others are trying to disgrace him out of a house he carried blocks on his head to build.

What about the guy that used hundreds of millions to open website, and another huge amount to dig borehole?

6 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by morbeta(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Joe has been around since the days of NADECO and has been in the movement,tinubu is indeed a movement.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by loopmangoat(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Otimpku joe igbokwe the black sheep of igboland
The cleaner houseboy gardner driver chef gateman of drug baron Tinubu
Afonjas he is all yours

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by 7lives: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
loopmangoat:
Otimpku joe igbokwe the black sheep of igboland
The cleaner houseboy gardner driver chef gateman of drug baron Tinubu
Afonjas he is all yours

DESPAIR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by seguno2: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
ikennaf1:
What about the guy that used hundreds of millions to open website, and another huge amount to dig borehole?

He has been promoted to a mega minister position by the president who is fighting corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

It's Atiku2019 cool

Please go through Rilwayne001 latest posts, baba is now wailing for the good of naija
Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by adonis89(m): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
igbokwe kabiru
igbokwe Mohammed abdulazeez
Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by JingoOAU(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ondo state election was over, and people started talking of Tinubu...the PDP that even lost the election, nobody is saying anything about it.

Up till today, I've not seen the place where Tinubu supported AD or Oke...ive not heard him directing anybody to work against

All these are just media propaganda

He was just being neutral in the elections.

We trivialise issues, especially the petty ones.

Why is it that since last year elections, the name of Tinubu is being mentioned all over the country more than even the President who hold the power??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by bolinxman: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tinubu cannot be disgraced, haters should be mindful of their utterances,most of the people trying to bring him down are nothing outside corridors of power .Aketi should maintain decorum and tactically choose words to be used at appropriate time ,Tinubu laid the foundation for his political breakthrough,he was imposed on ACN in 2012 by Tinubu despite the fact that Dr.Agunloye was more popular and acceptable ,he's(Aketi) now a leader he should think of how to harmonise various groups within Ondo APC.
Tinubu has sacrificed a lot as an opposition figure,when many people (Fair weather politicians)are looking for Federal government patronage,the same set of people are now controlling APC government and party's machineries.
Aketi should be careful of those 'any government in power' (AGIP) politicians in Ondo State,they misled past governments in Ondo State and they are now active members of APC,political party is not a robot,but people are the component of political party,whenever you say PDP failed,that means the people that controlled the government/party structure under PDP leadership failed.
It's worrisome to note that the same people are now in APC shouting change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju BAT Represents A Movement... BY Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Joe has said it all.

Even tailor and vulcanizer..... come to shomolu and see

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard / IPOB Youth Claimed To Be Shot By Military NOT Dead / Nnamdi Kanu's Fight For Biafra, An Act Of Cowardice, illitracy And Stupidity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.