Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP (24983 Views)

Buhari Presented With Gift Of His Portrait In India (Photo) / Like PDP, We Won’t Hang Buhari’s Portrait – LP, PPA / PDP Bot Member Opposes Metuh, Explains Why Party Will Hang Buhari’s Portrait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Otunbatrafford: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2015
PDP going down and extinction on daily basis. Useless bunch of criminals. We don't even want Buhari's portrait in their secretariat- the head office of looters and loosers. Kutuma burumba, Dan iska
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Haywhymido(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Gba fun OGA e
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by aksule(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2015
Moh Buhari is the president of Nigeria. That is a fact that nobody in this country and even overseas can deny. One would have reacted on this issue had it been that the APC hung the portrait of the past president in their secretariat. The annoying thing is the response of Lai Moh as usual manufacturing words. We just have to tell ourselves the truth no matter how bitter, this is what make country great not manufacturing lies, twisting facts and outright denials
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by bigerboy200: 7:50am On Sep 09, 2015
he should just admit that hanging sai buhari's portrait will give them daily nightmares...

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Khd95(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2015
Having to c buhari's portrait five days a week will haunt Dem people like fayose,and it can giv Dem heartache grin grin grin

Sai Baba ur portrait is in our hearts biko....move on Dem wailers go soon dy moan

Sai baba
Sai portrait
Sai Nigeria
Sai pdp lose
Sai we. Love u

1 Like

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by MizMyColi(f): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Meiji:

But APC never came out to tell that to Nigerians at a press conference.

Please stop doing John Terry when politicians mess up. You're better than this.

Please shove your advice and stop patronizing me.
You are in no position to tell me what I am better than or not, especially with the barefaced lie you just told.

Show me where it was written that PDP called a press conference or forever hold your peace.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by justmi1: 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
#political childishness and immaturity, 3rd world indeed
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by front247: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2015
D question l ask did Apc hung Gej portrait in thier office when Gej was ruling, if no, then Pdp don't have to hang buhari own in thier office too
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Misterdhee1(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
Are they trying to say "Buhari isn't accepted as the Lawful Elected President of the federal Republic of Nigeria"? Metuh and his cohorts must be high on native hemp!
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by hinwazaka: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
The fact is that PMB, is not the leader of the PDP, and there is no provision in the constitution, that makes it mandatory for an OPPOSITION party to display the portrait of the president, since the offices of the opposition parties are not public institutions. We are no longer under the military. But I think he should have just evaded the question, because of the sentimental value attached to it.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by MizMyColi(f): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
Beremx:
you are an intelligent woman. Don't let your blind support for PDP drown your intelligence.

My 2cents!

[Madam, this advice you just gave should be taken by you too.
I think you need it moregrin

One question please...

Did APC hang Jona's portrait in their office?
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Misterdhee1(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Are they trying to say "Buhari isn't acceptable to them as the Lawfully Elected President of the federal Republic of Nigeria"? Metuh and his cohorts must be high on native hemp!
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by luckylucky: 7:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Just laughed like British! Yeye people PDP party is a scam, party that loaded with looters.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Banley: 7:59am On Sep 09, 2015
etenyong:
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has refused to hang the official portrait of President Muhammadu Buhari at the party’s national secretariat, checks by The PUNCH have revealed.

Over 100 days after the President assumed office, the PDP has yet to hang his portrait at any of the offices in its Wadata House national secretariat, located at Zone 5, Abuja.

The party has also said it would never put Buhari’s portraits on its walls though it has removed that of the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who ruled on the platform of the PDP.

“We will never hang his portrait in this office, because President Buhari is not known to our party. He is not a leader of our party and therefore we will never put his portrait here. We are a political party, very partisan and therefore, we are not going to hide that,” National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, told our correspondent on the telephone on Tuesday.

Jonathan was also the presidential candidate of the former ruling party during the last general election but he was defeated by Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the opposition All Progressives Congress.

The defeat was the first to be suffered by the PDP since the return of democracy in 1999.

Before now, the party has always been hanging the portraits of all the Presidents at the party’s reception area as well as the National Executive Committee and National Working Committee halls within the secretariat.

Metuh said the APC also did not hang the portrait of Jonthan in its offices before the former President was defeated in the March 28 election.

“Can you find out if the APC had the portrait of former President Jonathan in their office before he was defeated? That is just it,” he told our correspondent.

When asked whether the party was taking its own pound of flesh, Metuh said no but that since Buhari “is not a member of our party, we won’t put his portrait here.”

The APC National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Lai Mohammed, expressed shock at Metuh’s comment.

“This is ridiculous and we have no comment. Let Nigerians judge the PDP on this matter,” Mohammed said.

He said the PDP spokesman had a shallow understanding of the concept of opposition politics.

Meanwhile, work has stopped at the new secretariat of the PDP, located in the Central Business District, Abuja.

Investigations by our correspondent indicated that contractors handling the project were only doing skeletal jobs at the site.

When our correspondent visited the site on Tuesday, there was no visible job being done at the site.

It was gathered that the cost of the project was put at N11.5bn when it was awarded some years ago. At completion, the building is expected to have 12 floors, with two other floors serving as the car park.

The party had claimed that the project was being financed from levies and contributions from members.

When a fund-raising dinner was organised a few years ago, the party was able to realise about N5bn, and the project, which started more than four years ago, was to be delivered in 126 weeks.

The former National Chairman of the party, under whose leadership the project commenced, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, had then said that the complex, when completed, would strengthen the capacity of the PDP to discharge its role effectively in Africa.

The party had claimed on January 5, 2015 that it was going to spend part of the N21.8bn it realised from the party’s fund-raising on the party’s secretariat.

A former Minister for Information and the Chairman of the party’s Fund-raising Committee, Prof. Jerry Gana, had said the money donated to the PDP was not meant for the campaign of the defeated Jonathan alone.
www.punchng.com/news/well-never-hang-buharis-portrait-in-our-offices-pdp/
if people deceiving people (PDP) like they can put d portrait of their clueless leader Jonathan just d way his wife Dame patience put d portrait of her clueless husband in her hotel, that will not change d status of Buhari who is ready to bring d desired change to Nigerian. PDP can go to hell. Nigerian doesn't need them with their corrupt practices
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by eleko1: 8:00am On Sep 09, 2015
We all knw dat PDP behave like kindergarten pipu.Pathetic!.
MizMyColi:
undecided
I don't see a need for all this noise.

Did APC hang Goodluck Jonathan's portrait in their offices before he was defeated? NO.

Why should the PDP do same?

You lot are just so predictable.
#HypocrisyStinks
Useless party.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by tinsel: 8:02am On Sep 09, 2015
Metuh is talking too much and gives PDP bad name every day. I know he is angry they lost election but you don't open your mouth on everything in the name opposition.
PDP has to put him into check unless he completely destroys the party.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by KingTom(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided

Did APC hang Goodluck Jonathan's portrait in their offices before he was defeated? NO.

#HypocrisyStinks
Try as much as possible to read Cccxxiii's post.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by hinwazaka: 8:03am On Sep 09, 2015
Misterdhee1:
Are they trying to say "Buhari isn't acceptable to them as the Lawfully Elected President of the federal Republic of Nigeria"? Metuh and his cohorts must be high on native hemp!
PMB is the leader of APC, which is the rival party to the PDP, so how do you expect them to display the portrait of the leader of a rival party. The big question is did the APC ever display GEJ's portrait while the PDP were in power
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by MizMyColi(f): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2015
eleko1:
We all knw dat PDP behave like kindergarten pipu.Pathetic!. Useless party.

Are you any more useful?
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Vello(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The portrait will be reminding them of anti-corruption and would cause unease to them.
3 gbosas for you for this comment. So on point! God bless your patriotism, omo Iya.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by brenister10: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Bad belle people who almost ruined this country. Metuh thinks he's providing the needed opposition, man, that's not the way to go about it. Go and learn the rudiments from lai Muhammed.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by MizMyColi(f): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
hinwazaka:

PMB is the leader of APC, which is the rival party to the PDP, so how do you expect them to display the portrait of the leader a rival party. The big question is did the APC ever display GEJ's portrait while the PDP were in power

I await Beremx' answer to this poser.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Beremx(f): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

[Madam, this advice you just gave should be taken by you too.
I think you need it moregrin

One question please...

Did APC hang Jona's portrait in their office?
did Lai Mohammed tell the whole world that they never hung Jonathan's portrait in their offices? You're just hearing that today right? Why is Olisa Metuh telling us that they will never hang Buhari's portrait if not for a hidden agenda? Is he telling Nigerians to disregard Buhari as our president?

Go back and read Firefire's post and see how a sensible wailer should reason. You need to take it easy with your sentimental outbursts when responding to certain topics on PDP matters.

Good morning

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by PMBfirstson(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2015
My father doesn't even Notice....
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by danielChigozie(m): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=oluwafemi113 post=37818160][/quote] we ned a president
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by MizMyColi(f): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2015
Beremx:
did Lai Mohammed tell the whole world that they never hung Jonathan's portrait in their offices? You're just hearing that today right? Why is Olisa Metuh telling us that they will never hang Buhari's portrait if not for a hidden agenda? Is he telling Nigerians to disregard Buhari as our president?

Go back and read Firefire's post and see how a sensible wailer should reason. You need to take it easy with your sentimental outbursts when responding to certain topics on PDP matters.

Good morning

When you talk of outbursts, I'm awed.
If and when I truly go berserk on this forum, not even you Madam, would want to be found near my mentions.

Firefire has a right to his opinion, as do I.

Punch, it was who went on an investigation.
For all we know, it might have been an APC chieftain who put them up to the mischief.
Why didn't punch investigate APC's secretariat in times past?
What was Metuh supposed to say when punch called him on phone to know the reason why?
"No Comments"?

The man spoke the truth, and as much as it hurts you members of the ruling party, it is what it is.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by brenister10: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided

#HypocrisyStinks

Mr man, Metuh should stop all these irrelevant blabbing and provide the needed opposition in more trivial issues not photo wahala. There are better issues he should comment on. Or maybe he should humbly meet lai Muhammed for a crash program on opposition 101 (rudiments to opposition)

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Meiji(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please shove your advice and stop patronizing me.
You are in no position to tell me what I am better than or not, especially with the barefaced lie you just told.

Show me where it was written that PDP called a press conference or forever hold your peace.

I apologise - I just re-read to see the part where the statement was made over the phone.

Still doesn't take away my point - the APC never came out to make such statement through any medium.

What Nigerians need the PDP for is provision of constructive criticism of the party in power, and there has been a lot to criticise in Buhari's 100-odd days as president.

Again, stop playing John Terry for your preferred politicians. Same goes to the "Sai Buhari" crowd.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Donjowebs(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2015
And how does that remove from PMB as President or how does that affect the price of petrol in Nigeria?
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by ayindejimmy(m): 8:12am On Sep 09, 2015
It's better that way. They should put the picture down and hang themselves on that wall instead
BTW... Who cares?!
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by Kiakia(m): 8:12am On Sep 09, 2015
Pursuing shadow. Does it make any difference whether they hang the portrait of the President in their party office or not? No big deal! The Party should be alive to it's responsibility of playing credible and vibrant oppostion than dwelling on pettiness. They are bigger than. Why tell the whole world that they do not recognise the President and therefore will not hand his portrait on the wall in their secretariat if not to score cheap popularity and unnecessary bravado among their party men. This Party should get serious if they hope to remain relevant in the scheme of things in Nigeria.
Re: We’ll Never Hang Buhari’s Portrait In Our Offices –PDP by focus7: 8:13am On Sep 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided

#HypocrisyStinks
good questions. But did APC make a noise over their not hanging Jonathan portrait in the media? No. I suggest you and PDP should grow up and learn how to be opposition party.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Can’t Provide Information On Buhari’s Treatment – CBN / Aisha Buhari Whispering Into Dolapo Osinbajo's Ear (Caption Photo) / Wike Commissions Roads In Akwa Ibom, Flags Off Petro-Chemicals Factory, Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.