Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? (6920 Views)

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? / Why Muslims Pray In Arabic? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by georgecso(m): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2009
Announce your Niyya (intentions) silently in your heart

Make your Qibla (prayer direction) face the direction of the Ka'bah

The Qur'an: Al-Baqara 2:143-145

There must be logical reason why muslims must pray towards the east. Pls my learned mullahs and young deedats should kindly respond.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by hymnha(m): 3:23am On Apr 09, 2009
i think i found the answer in Ezekiel 9:16,17. You are asking for something deep which you may not fully understand now.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by PastorAIO: 4:34am On Apr 09, 2009
Shouldn't you be asking this question in the Islam section?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by blackmann(m): 1:53am On Apr 10, 2009
its because the Kaabah is located towards the east. normally every muslim is meant to face the Qiblah when praying, and all muslims around the world do that. if u've noticed, in mecca while praying, all muslims face the qiblah, no matter what direction they are facing.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by No2Atheism(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2009
i was banned temporarily, cus i was saying too much truth for the likings of muslims,

am back,

by the way what's with the replicated thread, there is already one with the same topic, please take note.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by babs787(m): 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2009
@NO2ATHEISM

Answer has been proved but if you are not satisfied, create a thread and we discuss

The Best Comprehensive Answer is "UNITY"

To Unite all Muslims towards One Direction i.e. the Ka'abah.

Whether you are rich, power, king, president, or saint, you must face this direction while you pray.

In my own opinion.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by mukina2: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2009
No2Atheism:

i was banned temporarily, cus i was saying too much truth for the likings of muslims,

am back,

by the way what's with the replicated thread, there is already one with the same topic, please take note.

too much truth or too much trash?

You dont listen do you?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2009
they used to pray towards jerusalem before, when the jews rebuffed them they started to face the east.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by babs787(m): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Davidyln

they used to pray towards jerusalem before, w[b]hen the jews rebuffed them[/b] they started to face the east.

Fact please and not spewing lies.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
babs787:

@Davidyln

Fact please and not spewing lies.

prove me wrong dude. Where are your own facts?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by No2Atheism(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2009
mukina2:

too much truth or too much trash?

You dont listen do you?

mukinababy, yes i miss you too,

well done with the Arsenal picture on your facebook profile, cheesy, yes i know cheesy
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by babs787(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Davidylan

Here he goes with his usual style of escaping issues:

Let me remind you of what you posted:

they used to pray towards jerusalem before, when the jews rebuffed them they started to face the east.

I asked you to furnish where they did that but you clouldnt but resorted to:

Are you up to the task? You know nothing when it comes to debating with BABS.

You are a big liar and yuou should supply me where JEWS rebuffed them, Liar, Olodo that cannot stand BABS when it comes to debate.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by javalove(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2009
@davifylan

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u dont change ur ways, u are hell bound
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
javalove:

@davifylan

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u dont change ur ways, u are hell bound

according to sura 19:71, you dont even need to change your ways, you are hell bound anyway.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by babs787(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Davidylan

according to sura 19:71, you dont even need to change your ways, you are hell bound anyway.

Answers were provided and try not to divert the issues as you are well known for that.

This is the issue at hand:

@Davidylan

Here he goes with his usual style of escaping issues:

Let me remind you of what you posted:

I asked you to furnish where they did that but you clouldnt but resorted to:

Are you up to the task? You know nothing when it comes to debating with BABS.

You are a big liar and yuou should supply me where JEWS rebuffed them, Liar, Olodo that cannot stand BABS when it comes to debate.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by temi4rea(f): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2009
@Poster

I think its a tradition thats must be followed by all muslims with or wthout foldind hands.

@Babs

U be imam?

Just out of curiousity.

@David
Abeg no talk wetin u no knw.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by babs787(m): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Temi 4 rea

@Babs

U be imam?

Why the question ma'am?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by temi4rea(f): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2009
@Bab

U sounded as one.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Frizy(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2009
Simple question, straight answer. God Commanded Muslims to.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by SeanT21(f): 5:47am On Apr 30, 2009
Frizy:

Which GOD?? or is it god
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Riskie(f): 6:02am On Apr 30, 2009
SeanT21:

Which GOD?? or is it god

The God of the Muslims obviously undecided
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by mukina2: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2009
SeanT21:

Which GOD?? or is it god

it is not compulsory to psot in every thread, if you do not have a reply, please do not post.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by SeanT21(f): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2009
mukina2:

it is not compulsory to psot in every thread, if you do not have a reply, please do not post.

I did have a reply. wink

Thanks for your advice but no thanks!!
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by mukina2: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
If you had a reply, what was the topic in discussion again?

Think before you click on quote, think well before you click on submit post.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Riskie(f): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2009
^^ Seconded! If you don't have anything sensible to post then don't bother. SeanT is ok everywhere else but when it comes to this section she is antagonistic and tends to post nonsensical replies undecided You don't have to agree with everything but at least be respectful or at the least use your brain. Thanks!
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by Lagosboy: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2009
Frizy:

Spot on Bro.

Qoolu Semi'na wa ata'na you get me bro!!!
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by okgerald(m): 8:36pm On May 04, 2009
Thats how God wants it. After all our main purpose on earth is to worship God and He has laid down principles on how it should be done. Facing th east is one of it. cool
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by georgecso(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2009
ok.gerald:

Thats how God wants it. After all our main purpose on earth is to worship God and He has laid down principles on how it should be done. Facing th east is one of it. cool

You guys are funny
If God asked you to bury your head in the sand before you worship Him you'll do abi?
It just a question though
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by georgecso(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2009
Make your Qibla (prayer direction) face the direction of the Ka'bah

The Qur'an: Al-Baqara 2:143-145

We humans very curious beings. What could be in the Ka'bah?
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by todak(m): 3:23am On May 26, 2009
In the past 25 post there have been no answer, babs give it a trial, and also where is Imam Olabowale, to give us a sweet mouhed imamic answer.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by snwanduv(m): 3:28am On May 26, 2009
Moslems dont neccessarily pray towards the east. They pray towards Mecca.

It was customary for Early Christians also prayed towards "East" (Jerusalem) so did the Jews. It started with the Jewish religion which of course influenced the other 2.
Re: Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? by olabowale(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2009
Muslims dont pray towards the east or west or north or south. Rather Muslims pray toward Kaaba; their Qiblah dear to the heart of Muhammad (AS) by Allah's design.

Proof of this structure as the structure that Muslim must pray towards, you have to see what people are doing in the Mosque which hused this structure the Kaaba.Everyone in that Mosque, Haram prays facing this structure. Everyone in larger Makka Metropolitan prays towards the Mosque in the process of praying towards Kaaba. Everyone in Surrounding towns and cities and villages prays facing Makka. Everyone in that region and worldwide prays towards the general direction of Makka, hence Masjid Haram, hence specifically Kaaba.

If you are on the west side of Saudi Arabia, Makka, Masjid Haram, Kaaba, you face the east. If you are in the East, you face the West, if you are in the North, you face South, if you are in South, you face North, whereever you are you face that structure; Kaaba. Adam faced it; the soil and site existed beoire him. Noah faced it. So did Ibrahim who rebuilt it, after the flood of Noah with the help of his son Ismail. Ibrahim still has a station where two Rakah are made by those who make hajj and umrah.

@georgecso: The Kaaba is empty, inside and out. Nothing in it. There are many Youtube videos showing the inside. Obviously the outside is empty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1443 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar / Ruling On Celebrating Valentine / Ruling On Working For The Crowdsourcing Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.