Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? (6905 Views)

The Importance Of Saying "In Shā Allah إن شاء الله" / What Is The Actual Date Of Prophet Muhammad's Birth And Death? / What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by akinsmail51: 7:17am On Dec 28, 2018
Question: Is the Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ) an actual verse of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah or Not?

Shaykh al-Uthaymeen:

The scholars hold differing opinions about this issue. Some say that it is definitely a verse from al-Fātiḥah and it should be recited aloud in those prayers which are recited out-loud. They believe it is not correct unless the Basmalah is recited since it is part of the entire chapter of al-Fātiḥah. Other scholars say that it is not a verse of al-Fātiḥah, but it is a separate verse from the book of Allah. This latter opinion is the correct one and is proven by other texts as well as the context of the chapter itself.

As for the textual proof, Abū Hurayrah ( رضي الله عنه ) narrated a ḥadīth in which the prophet ( صلّى الله عليه وسلّم ) said:

Allah ( تَعَالَى ) says,

“I have divided the prayer in two parts between myself and my servant.” When the servant recites, “All praise and thanks are to Allah, the lord of all creations”, Allah says, “My servant has praised me.” And when he recites, “The Most-Merciful, the Bestower of all mercy”, Allah says, “My servant has honored me.” When he recites, “The owner of the Day of Recompense”, Allah says, “My servant has glorified me.” When he recites, “You alone we worship and from you alone we seek help”, Allah replies, “This is two parts between my servant and I.” When he recites, “Guide us to the straight path…” until the end of the chapter, Allah replies, “This is for My servant and he will have what he asks for.”

[Recorded by Muslim (no. 395)]

This is a textual proof that the Basmalah is not an actual verse of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah (because it was not the first statement the servant says as mentioned in this ḥadīth).

There is another authentic statement of Anas ibn Mālik ( رضي الله عنه ) in “Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim” in which he said:

I prayed behind the prophet ( صلّى الله عليه وسلّم ), Abū Bakr, and ‘Umar and none of them used to mention “In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the Bestower of all mercy” at the beginning of their recitations (of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah) nor at the end of it.

[Recorded by Muslim (no. 399)]

What is meant is that each of them used not to mention it aloud. The fact that there is a distinction between it not being recited aloud as the rest of al-Fātiḥah is recited indicates that it is not actually a part of the chapter.

As for the proof from the context of the other verses’ meanings, Sūrah al-Fātiḥah consists of seven verses as is unanimously agreed upon. If you wanted to measure out seven verses as they pertain to the topics of the chapter, you will find that the middle verse is:

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

You alone we worship and from you alone we seek help. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:4]

This is the same verse about which Allah says, “This is two parts between my servant and I” in the previous ḥadīth. This is because the first verse is:

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

All praise and thanks are for Allah, the Lord of all creations. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:1]

The second verse is:

الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

The Most Merciful, the Bestower of all mercy. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:2]

The third verse:

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ

The owner of the Day of Recompense. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:3]

These three previous verses are all about the rights of Allah (his attribute, actions, etc.).

As for the verse:

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

You alone we worship, and from you alone we seek help.[Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:4]

This is the fourth verse and the half-way point and it too is even divided into two parts, one part for Allah (“You alone we worship…”) and one part for the servant (“…from you alone we seek help.”).

The following verses are:

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ

Guide us to the straight path. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:5]

This is for the servant.

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ

The path of those upon whom You bestowed Your grace. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:6]

This is also for the servant.

غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلا الضَّالِّينَ

Not of those who earned anger upon themselves, nor of those who are astray. [Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:7]

And finally, this last verse is also for the servant.

So, three verses are for Allah ( عزّ وجلّ ) and they are the first three. And three verses are for the servant and they are the last three. One verse is between both the servant and his lord and it is the fourth and middle verse.

As for the proof from the context of the wordings, if we say that the Basmalah is a verse of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, then the seventh verse would be very long – as long as two of the other verses (thus making the last and incomparably long verse, “The path of those upon whom you bestowed your grace, not of those who earned anger, nor of those who are astray.”). But it is known that the principle of the verses being similar to each other is also regarding their length.

So, the correct opinion no doubt is that the Basmalah is not a verse of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah just as it is not a verse (at the beginning) of every other chapter in the Qur’an.

Posted from the article : Explaining Surah al-Fatihah – Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen rahimahullaah | Translated by Abu az-Zubayr Harrison rahimahullaah

7 Likes

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by AlBaqir(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2018
^^

OTHER VIEW
Unfortunately the OP decided to see with one eye (opinion).

In simpler words, Ibn Baz believed that ‘Uthman erroneously added basmala to the text of Surat al-Fatihah. This definitely is undiluted tahrif (distortion)!

Ibn Kathir
Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir, in his exegesis of Surat al-Fatihah, also submits:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=35

"Bismillah is the First Ayah of Al-Fatihah.

The Companions started the Book of Allah with Bismillah:

(1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)

The scholars also agree that Bismillah is a part of an Ayah in Surat An-Naml (chapter 27). They disagree over whether it is a separate Ayah before every Surah, or if it is an Ayah, or a part of an Ayah, included in every Surah where the Bismillah appears in its beginning. Ad-Daraqutni also recorded a Hadith from Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet that supports this Hadith by Ibn Khuzaymah. Also, similar statements were attributed to `Ali, Ibn `Abbas and others.

The opinion that Bismillah is an Ayah of every Surah, except Al-Bara'ah (chapter 9), was attributed to (the Companions) Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Ibn Az-Zubayr, Abu Hurayrah and `Ali. This opinion was also attributed to the Tabi`in: `Ata', Tawus, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Makhul and Az-Zuhri. This is also the view of `Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad bin Hanbal, (in one report from him) Ishaq bin Rahwayh and Abu `Ubayd Al-Qasim bin Salam. On the other hand, Malik, Abu Hanifah and their followers said that Bismillah is not an Ayah in Al-Fatihah or any other Surah. Dawud said that it is a separate Ayah in the beginning of every Surah, not part of the Surah itself, and this opinion was also attributed to Ahmad bin Hanbal."

The matter is very serious now. If basmala is not a verse of Surat al-Fatihah as Ibn Baz claimed, then all those Sahabah and others who believed that it is were guilty of tahrif. By contrast, if those Salaf were correct, then Ibn Baz, Imam Malik, Imam Abu Hanifah and their followers were all guilty of tahrif. There is no win-win situation here for the Ahl al-Sunnah. Whichever position they take, some of the pillars of their sect fall. Basmala is either a verse of Surat al-Fatihah or not. If it is a verse of that surah, whosoever claims that it is not, is guilty of tahrif. By contrast, if it is not a verse of the surah, then anyone who says that it is, is guilty of tahrif.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by ujampie: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2018
Allah be praised
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2018
This AlBaqir guy isn't well liked here grin

Unfortunately for many of his detractors, he schools them because he seems "better read" and often backs his argument with facts wink

We are all Muslims, Shia / Sunni. May ALLAH enlighten and guide us. We are all brothers

PS - I am a Muslim, no denomination, no sect though most would classify me as Sunni

4 Likes

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Jonadull: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

Unfortunately for many of his detractors, he schools them because he seems "better read" and often backs his argument with facts wink

We are all Muslims, Shia / Sunni. May ALLAH enlighten and guide us. We are all brothers

PS - I am a Muslim, no denomination, no sect though most would classify me as Sunni
I don’t like him angry

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2018
IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!

The prophet (S.A.W) said "Offer your Salat the way you see me Performing them"

You already know how he prays & how he reads the Qur'an, why do you people try to complicate something that is simple & straight forward

7 Likes

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Patrioticman007(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2018
That we are to pray as the prophet did, has solve the question, already. Let us not invent what is not in the way the prophet prayed. Salam aly kum.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Mbamally(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2018
Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2018
Jonathan:

I don’t like him angry
You don't have to! He's well-grounded Islamically. He refused the claims of the fundamentalists! and he's backing his claims... Just deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:
^^

OTHER VIEW
Unfortunately the OP decided to see with one eye (opinion).

In simpler words, Ibn Baz believed that ‘Uthman erroneously added basmala to the text of Surat al-Fatihah. This definitely is undiluted tahrif (distortion)!

Ibn Kathir
Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir, in his exegesis of Surat al-Fatihah, also submits:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=35

"Bismillah is the First Ayah of Al-Fatihah.

The Companions started the Book of Allah with Bismillah:

(1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)

The scholars also agree that Bismillah is a part of an Ayah in Surat An-Naml (chapter 27). They disagree over whether it is a separate Ayah before every Surah, or if it is an Ayah, or a part of an Ayah, included in every Surah where the Bismillah appears in its beginning. Ad-Daraqutni also recorded a Hadith from Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet that supports this Hadith by Ibn Khuzaymah. Also, similar statements were attributed to `Ali, Ibn `Abbas and others.

The opinion that Bismillah is an Ayah of every Surah, except Al-Bara'ah (chapter 9), was attributed to (the Companions) Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Ibn Az-Zubayr, Abu Hurayrah and `Ali. This opinion was also attributed to the Tabi`in: `Ata', Tawus, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Makhul and Az-Zuhri. This is also the view of `Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad bin Hanbal, (in one report from him) Ishaq bin Rahwayh and Abu `Ubayd Al-Qasim bin Salam. On the other hand, Malik, Abu Hanifah and their followers said that Bismillah is not an Ayah in Al-Fatihah or any other Surah. Dawud said that it is a separate Ayah in the beginning of every Surah, not part of the Surah itself, and this opinion was also attributed to Ahmad bin Hanbal."

The matter is very serious now. If basmala is not a verse of Surat al-Fatihah as Ibn Baz claimed, then all those Sahabah and others who believed that it is were guilty of tahrif. By contrast, if those Salaf were correct, then Ibn Baz, Imam Malik, Imam Abu Hanifah and their followers were all guilty of tahrif. There is no win-win situation here for the Ahl al-Sunnah. Whichever position they take, some of the pillars of their sect fall. Basmala is either a verse of Surat al-Fatihah or not. If it is a verse of that surah, whosoever claims that it is not, is guilty of tahrif. By contrast, if it is not a verse of the surah, then anyone who says that it is, is guilty of tahrif.
Jazakum Brother!
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by jomoh: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

I’ve seen some of his arguments to be baseless and lacking self judgement.

Self judgement in the sense that he couldn’t judge which should be heavier between what Allah said and what the sahabahs said.

The OP backed his argument with proofs from Allah himself but he chose to counter the OP with the sahabahs statements.

You yourself should judge, who’s words should be followed? Allah’s words or sahabahs words.

By the way there’s an Hadith where the sahabahs made what he’s saying clear. Where they said if you hear anything from them that is contrary to what the prophet said then you should take the words of the prophet(it’s a no brainer. One don’t need to be told before you know who to believe between the prophet and the sahabahs or between Allah and who ever).

Also notice that in all the Hadith he wrote he didn’t mention the prophet in any as saying anything. Only the names of sahabahs, scholars, and imams claiming this and that.

So here’s the questions, how does a sensible Muslim even place the words of sahabahs side by side with that of the prophet let alone Allah?

4 Likes

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by FiftyFifty(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2018
Op JazakalLahu bi Khair.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Demmzy15(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

It's obvious you aren't constant here.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by FiftyFifty(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

Bro, most of those who mislead others aren't ignorant. Remember, even Satan was so knowledgeable but was his knowledge of any benefit to him? Certainly no.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by AlBaqir(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2018
jomoh:

The OP backed his argument with proofs from Allah himself but he chose to counter the OP with the sahabahs statements.

You yourself should judge, who’s words should be followed? Allah’s words or sahabahs words.

Are you alive? grin grin

The OP quoted nothing other than hadith books reported by sahabah with saying attributed to the Prophet and to Allah. Besides, sahabi Abu Hurairah was a dubious and controversial figure. He lies a lot.
And you can imagine, the same Abu Hurairah who reported Basmala as not part of Fatiha, Ibn kathir reported him to (also) agreed Basmala as part of Fatiha.

Question: other sahabah who believed Basmala to be part of Fatiha, did they acted upon their own personal view or they learnt that from the Prophet?

Uthman ibn Affan who allegedly compiled Quran and fixed Basmala as 1st verse of Fatiha, did he go against "Allah" as per Hadith of Abu Hurairah who "rarely met the Prophet"?

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Jonadull: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2018
LuckyLadolce:
You don't have to! He's well-grounded Islamically. He refused the claims of the fundamentalists! and he's backing his claims... Just deal with it!
I don’t like it you too angry
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by OkunrinOloro: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2018
grin grin
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by jomoh: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:

Are you alive? grin grin

The OP quoted nothing other than hadith books reported by sahabah with saying attributed to the Prophet and to Allah. Besides, sahabi Abu Hurairah was a dubious and controversial figure. He lies a lot.

Question: other sahabah who believed Basmala to be part of Fatiha, did they acted upon their own personal view or they learnt that from the Prophet?

Uthman ibn Affan who allegedly compiled Quran and fixed Basmala as 1st verse of Fatiha, did he go against "Allah" as per Hadith of Abu Hurairah who "rarely met the Prophet"?

The bold is an after thought. You could’ve come up with that line before you started the whole countering.

Then again, I went through your submission again and no where was it stated that it was an Hadith only that “someone if of the opinion that” or someone is of the view that.

Where is the Hadith as recorded from the prophet. We don’t want their opinion or view.

Until you can provide the Hadith then your question is null. BTW I noticed you’re avoiding using hadiths as your proofs.

My own question: Are you saying what Abu Hurairah reported that Allah says Surah Fatiha is divided between him and is servant is a lie? That Allah never said so?

YES or NO?

Because if you’re saying Abu hurairah is a liar then it can only mean you’re saying the whole story of Allah saying Fatiha is divided between him and his servant is all fabble.

I’m just a neutral person here who has observed both arguments and your previous submissions. So I need your convictions to think otherwise.
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by AlBaqir(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
FiftyFifty:

Bro, most of those who mislead others aren't ignorant. Remember, even Satan was so knowledgeable but was his knowledge of any benefit to him? Certainly no.

What brought downfall to satan was "arrogance, racism and deviance". And to say satan was knowledgeable is another lie. Satan's istidlal (argumentative submissions) were too poor and unconvincing.

Bottom line: this is a public forum. If you see any wrong submission, it is your duty to refute unless you are like satan who knows nothing but was deviant and arrogant. We have submitted our arguments, if they are weak or false, kindly put it right with sound argument. Not that pathetic excuse.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by principalgee: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
Suratul Fatiha consists of seven verses of which Bismillahi Ar Rahmon Ar Raheem is the first verse.
Point 1: saying it aloud during prayer when necessary is needed to recite the last verse on a stretch
Point 2: saying it silently during prayer as above, then the last verse will be divided into two.
Do not be disturbed, u may now decide to say it aloud or in silent. , but the most Authentic point is that, Basmalah is the first verse of Surat-ul Fatiah.
Almighty Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by AlBaqir(m): 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
jomoh:

Then again, I went through your submission again and no where was it stated that it was an Hadith only that “someone if of the opinion that” or someone is of the view that.

Where is the Hadith as recorded from the prophet. We don’t want their opinion or view.

Until you can provide the Hadith then your question is null. BTW I noticed you’re avoiding using hadiths as your proofs.

What we have presented is the summary of different views on Basamala as stated in Ibn Kathir's tafsir. It's a long submission. Each and every sahabah who believed basmala to be part of Fatiha attributed their believe to the Prophet.

jomoh:

My own question: Are you saying what Abu Hurairah reported that Allah says Surah Fatiha is divided between him and is servant is a lie? That Allah never said so?

YES or NO?

Because if you’re saying Abu hurairah is a liar then it can only mean you’re saying the whole story of Allah saying Fatiha is divided between him and his servant is all fable.

I’m just a neutral person here who has observed both arguments and your previous submissions. So I need your convictions to think otherwise.

Again, Abu Hurairah was a chief liar and he was caught redhanded lying. You can read more about him here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4169105/abu-huraira-biggest-fraud-sunni#62315797

The points are:

1. Abu Hurairah himself, contrary to the abovementioned hadith reported another hadith that Prophet used to recite Basmala at the beginning of every sura during Salam. Besides, Some ulama realising the clash of his two ahadith created an excuse for him that he might have mistakenly ommited the basmala part.

2. Personally, I will follow other sahabah with more years of companionship with the Prophet (on this issue) than Abu Hurairah who barely knew the Prophet or had any reliable companionship with him.
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by jomoh: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:

What we have presented is the summary of different views on Basamala as stated in Ibn Kathir's tafsir. It's a long submission. Each and every sahabah who believed basmala to be part of Fatiha attributed their believe to the Prophet.

Again, Abu Hurairah was a chief liar and he was caught redhanded lying. You can read more about him here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4169105/abu-huraira-biggest-fraud-sunni#62315797

The points are:

1. Abu Hurairah himself, contrary to the abovementioned hadith reported another hadith that Prophet used to recite Basmala at the beginning of every sura during Salam. Besides, Some ulama realising the clash of his two ahadith created an excuse for him that he might have mistakenly ommited the basmala part.

2. Personally, I will follow other sahabah with more years of companionship with the Prophet (on this issue) than Abu Hurairah who barely knew the Prophet or had any reliable companionship with him.

Now this is argument rather than the confrontation you did with your earlier post.

But I’m still yet to be convinced cos what he said in the first and the second Hadith do not contradict.

The first was about what Allah said and the second was about what he reported the prophet did.

And here is also what the op said the prophet did

There is another authentic statement of Anas ibn Mālik ( رضي الله عنه ) in “Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim” in which he said:

I prayed behind the prophet ( صلّى الله عليه وسلّم ), Abū Bakr, and ‘Umar and none of them used to mention “In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the Bestower of all mercy” at the beginning of their recitations (of Sūrah al-Fātiḥah) nor at the end of it.

[Recorded by Muslim (no. 399)]

If you’re to believe the companions over Abu hurairah then the above is a proof of what the prophet and the companions did as reported by Sahih Muslim. Or is Muslim too having a negative baggage.
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by blacq2009(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
That Bismillah is not a part of Al-fatihat just baffles, or perhaps irritates me. How could any reasonable fellow assert it is not when it is the verse 1 of the sura? If you look at Al-baqara and all but surat Tawba, they all start with an optional Bismillah before the first verse comes. For example, verse 1 of surat baqara starts alif lam mim after the optional Bismillah. The verse of Al-fatihat is still Bismillah after the optional/compulsory Bismillah. So how could anybody say it is not a part of fatiha?
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by AlBaqir(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
jomoh:

Now this is argument rather than the confrontation you did with your earlier post.

Unfortunately it is your respected self that started with "confrontational" reply. I only replied in kind.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by jomoh: 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:

Unfortunately it is your respected self that started with "confrontational" reply. I only replied in kind.

I’m not talking about your post to me but your post to the OP.

We are Muslims and should present better arguments rather than confronting each other in public.
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Ayatullah(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
I believe the bismillahi is part of al-Fatiha and should be recited during prayer.

The fatiha contains seven (7) verses and there is a place in the Qur'an that it is mentioned as the "seven often recited verses" (which is true for every unit of salat).

If it is said that the prayer is not complete without al-Fatiha, then it means missing out the 'bismillah' makes it incomplete because a verse has been cut off.

It is significant to note that it is the suratul Al-Fatiha alone that has its "bismillah' numbered. That means it counts as part of the chapter and should be recited.

Lastly every halal Muslim action should begin with the bismillah, the salat is a very important act, so why should we omit bismillah from its rightful place in the Fatiha?

Allah knows best and this should not be a point of division among Muslims. Assalamu alaikum.

1 Like

Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
Jonathan:

I don’t like it you too angry
Lagoon is not far.. do the needful.
Re: Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? by Jonadull: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
LuckyLadolce:
Lagoon is not far.. do the needful.
I dont live in Lagos . There’s no lagoon here wink
Say another one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Authority, Sistani Condemns Cursing Prophet Mohammed’s Companions / Is Smoking Shisha Haram? / 1443 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.