Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? (1871 Views)

Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by taiwoolopa: 11:07am On Sep 09, 2015
I know it bad but i keep doing it
can God forgive me...

[s]I masturbate not too often but when the sexual urge comes don't know how to help it
[/s]
Can God forgive me
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2015
OYO #OnYourOwn cheesy
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by taiwoolopa: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
OYO #OnYourOwn cheesy
I dey talk wetin dey pain me, u nor want ma enter heaven angry i know im guilty of this what im saying will God forgive me even when i ask for forgiveness
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2015
taiwoolopa:
I dey talk wetin dey pain me, u nor want ma enter heaven angry i know im guilty of this what im saying will God forgive me even when i ask for forgiveness
You dey wrong person intentionally and dey expect the person to forgive you? Let's even start with you...if na you be the person, you forgive the other person?

We also ride on God's merciful nature,forgetting what the bible says " What should we say, then? Should we go on sinning so that grace may increase?" Romans 6:1

Bros, answer that verse truthfully

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by taiwoolopa: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
You dey wrong person intentionally and dey expect the person to forgive you? Let's even start with you...if na you be the person, you forgive the other person?

We also ride on God's merciful nature,forgetting what the bible says " What should we say, then? Should we go on sinning so that grace may increase?" Romans 6:1

cry what if i asked forgiveness and stopped
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2015
taiwoolopa:
cry what if i asked forgiveness and stopped
But you neva stop now..you still dey sin dey go grin
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by dan6019(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
The truth here is that whoever indulges in what he actually know that is a sin, do it repeatedly, with impunity, cannot be said to have a relationaship with Jesus. Such needs to check his salvation, rededicate his life OR give his life to Jesus and he will receive the power to shun sin.

Though 1 John 1:9 is very clear about God's readiness to forgive our sins, this doesn't apply to deliberate and repeated sin. If you choose to indulge in such, if you are a believer, you can be said to have backslided.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
space booked
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
taiwoolopa:
can God forgive me...

[s]I masturbate not too often but when the sexual urge comes don't know how to help it
[/s]
Can God forgive me

Sure bro,God is everly ready to forgive sins.

But you need to grow up spiritually.
Spend more time to study.Be careful of what you feed to your mind.

Maybe you need stay away some from friends and ungodly counsels.
The human mind is GIGO.
It is what you give to it that it will return back to you.

Spend time to read the bible or fill your mind with audio teachings

I cant type the scriptures. I will just give you the texts.

Eph1:7.
Col1:7.
John5:24
John10:28.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Christ paid for the Sins of the whole world.
The believer will not come to judgement or condemnation.
Go and reread Romans 6:1.
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by ammyluv2002(f): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2015
sportsmaster:

Christ paid for the Sins of the whole world.
The believer will not come to judgement or condemnation.
Go and reread Romans 6:1.
Hohohohoho *i laugh in Chinese *

Dude, you better read that passage with fasting & prayer cause you've missed the whole point

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by Scholar8200(m): 9:05am On Sep 10, 2015
Saw this on facebook:
Jesus came to set us free FROM sin and not free TO sin!

The purveyors of another gospel would have us believe Jesus died to change God's nature and not man's, to give us reason to remain slaves of sin but with the gift of Eternal life!

Op, there is a passage that condemns having a form/facade of godliness but denying the power thereof. Take the bull by the horns!
It is these days that men will atttend night vigil three consecutive days for their earthly destiny but gloss over matters that affect their eternal destiny!

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by orisa37: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Repeated sins ignorantly made, will kill you. But you can still make Heaven if God gives you understanding, you finally repent and He forgives you. Repeated sins, wilfully and deliberately commited, 'cos you know they were sins when you did them, will earn you your pride of place in hell. Masturbation is an emotional thing and since we are all emotional one way or the other, all you do, if your conscience tells you it's wrong, is to PRAY as soon as the urge come on to God to stop it. God will stop it and later give you a wet dream to defuse the urge. God is so wonderful, so full of Love for all His ceatures..
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by onweson(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
My brother, God loves you. But he who continuous in sin is not of God. Repent completely from the sin of masturbation and do it no more. A way out of it is to be prayerful and then take a decision not to be touching your manhood, surely you will be out of it. God bless you.
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Hohohohoho *i laugh in Chinese *

Dude, you better read that passage with fasting & prayer cause you've missed the whole point

can you explain in pellucid terms what paul taught about in Romans 5 and 6
Re: Can God Forgive Repeated Sins? by dialfa: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
taiwoolopa:
can God forgive me...

[/s]
Can God forgive me

Yes. He has no choice.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get a Help With The Interpretation Of This Dream? / If God (s) Or Juju Really Existed How Come Africans Were Easily Colonized??? / Guess Who's Gonna Be In Coza Today And Tomorrow... Pastor Creflo Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.