Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56441 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Why them no introduce this kind thing since? Just suffered for an ungrateful Aregbesola for nothing without state allawi. Enugu state and River state will suffer traffic of corps members.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
good.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by toluxa1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Someone said he chose Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by asumo12: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by misreal(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by asumo12: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
DuchessLily:
Better jare... Some states/towns don't want pple to come unite with them ; so its good!

We are tired of losing corp members to hostile and wicked regions
pls dear, name one wicked region you know in nigeria
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Harbdulrasaq:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

How practicable is this? In the likely event that nobody chooses certain states, what happens?

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ravensckar(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Obviously NYSC has lost it's objective. It's just a matter of time before the useless scheme would be scrapped. How can you allow prospective corp members use the state where they will serve? So, even the Govt themselves have admitted to their inability to secure the whole country.

Truth is no prospective core member that can foretell which state is best for him to serve. But by subjecting oneself to fate, one can sometimes discover what's best for one. Speaking from my own experience, I served in bakassi L.G. The very first day I entered the town, I thought I wouldn't leave the place alive. So bushy and local!

But that town turned out to be the best place I've ever lived. Apart from the serene environment which I enjoyed, I was also opportuned to meet wonderful people whose well of knowledge I drank from. There, I also discovered my life calling; Lecturing and public speaking....

That was when NYSC was 'National service' but now, it's a mere caricature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by princdebola201(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
South West go dey congested
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
good. a very nice step to scrapping the exercise totally.....
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by charlesbailey(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice one... Lagos, Abuja and port harcourt go hear am
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by sharisto(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
SAMBISA FOREST IS ALWAYS D BEST PLACE TO SERVE.....UNITING BOKO HARAM WID NAIJA
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't know about you, but I learnt a lot from this scheme, we cant continue to be in our comfort zone and expect to make a difference in today's world.
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice togo outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Pope22(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't see any gain in NYSC, let it be abolished!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Orikinla(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
Harbdulrasaq:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

Dem don dey fear say I go persuade PMB and NASS to scrap am. grin
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by etenyong(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
Goodnews for me. I won't hesitate to choose Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by DuchessLily(f): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
jack67:

Pls dear, don't u Knw any? Or u just wanna hear it from me undecided
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Koolking(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Not cool. NYSC was set up as a 'paramilitary' entity where corpers are deployed to any part of Nigeria to serve with all his/her might. Allowing corpers to choose where s/he wishes to serve will render the program not on tenterhooks and uninteresting. Close pals could be sent to serve in one particular state. Where's the fun and diverse experiences of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Iamthoney(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
WHOcarex:
Unwelcomed development
[s]
WHOcarex:
Unwelcomed development
[/s]
WHOcarex:
Unwelcomed development
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sai Baba!!!!!!

I hear only good news and good news everyday.

Thanks to Jonathan too, he increased my Allowee those days.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Iamthoney(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
toluxa1:
Someone said he chose Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

I envy such a person ironically
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Eneze1(f): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

How practicable is this? In the likely event that nobody chooses certain states, what happens?

Good question. I don't see NYSC implementing this

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by plasgidy: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good move, Nigeria will never know peace until they allow Biafra to seed out of Nigeria.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by mekaboy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
No this is to favor the North. Most Northerners school in the north so by default they will be posted outside the North. While the southerners who study on the south will be posted to the North to risk their lives.

Say no to this. #FearNorth.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Bruno3000(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
What if one chooses a state dat end up being oversaturated with prospective corp members?

Influence ur posting now to avoid regrets and frustration. If u need help, then let's go private, 07031670656. Whatsapp/call me, no much time left.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
I don't know about you, but I learnt a lot from this scheme, we cant continue to be in our comfort zone and expect to make a difference in today's world.

Like I said, choice. U can drag a horse to the stream but u cannot force it to drink. If a person refuses to blend or unite with others whether by choice or because the people are hostile and known to kill for sport then u cannot force them. It should be voluntary or people should be allowed to choose.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by koppa(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wetin concern me with this,,,till next year jare,I will come back..
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by joeci2: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
No body go gree go north again.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
jack67:

South West: They will take off your head for rituals, or as a rite of passage for their useless dead Obas or cut you up in pieces and cook you like the corper they did same to in that forest some months back.

Nought-ern Region: Someone from there said Baboon and Dogs will be soaked in blood ( If you are not from there, the indigenes see you as dog or baboon)

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Iamthoney(m): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
Borno, Gombe, Adamawa, Plateau and Yobe will most definitely be avoided like a plague if boko haram thingy still persist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Graduate In Part-time Studies Do Youth Service (NYSC)? / Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.