Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56450 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by abimic(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
gnykelly:

im from SW I will choose sokoto as my first choice then Taraba and cross river. you guys should stop painting northern Nigeria as if the whole north is boiling.
No o, I had friends that served in sokoto, kebbi, Niger, Abuja, kogi, Bauchi etc. Infact, if not for BH, the 'NORTH' still is one of the best side to serve, I enjoyed my little time at kubwa but still, 70% of Nigerian Graduates prefer the south and those preferring the north could be core northerners or those who like exploits. Of all my friends that served In the North then, some weren't offered the opportunity to redeploy, one didn't want to redeploy while the larger part prefers redeployment. I like your choices though, hope u ready for the two days journey and the rest?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gnykelly(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
abimic:

No o, I had friends that served in sokoto, kebbi, Niger, Abuja, kogi, Bauchi etc. Infact, if not for BH, the 'NORTH' still is one of the best side to serve, I enjoyed my little time at kubwa but still, 70% of Nigerian Graduates prefer the south and those preferring the north could be core northerners or those who like exploits. Of all my friends that served In the North then, some weren't offered the opportunity to redeploy, one didn't want to redeploy while the larger part prefers redeployment. I like your choices though, hope u ready for the two days journey and the rest?

i love the north I look forward to it like the one year I will use to escape the hustling and bustling of Lagos to the plain desert and expanse of land. I chose sokoto because it has not record any bokoharam attack.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by malkudi: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
FCT shall be overloaded for sure
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by xtophy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.
ARE U A MEMBER OF THE SECT?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by abimic(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
gnykelly:

i love the north I look forward to it like the one year I will use to escape the hustling and bustling of Lagos to the plain desert and expanse of land. I chose sokoto because it has not record any bokoharam attack.
Not too sure about that though, but I know sokoto is relatively peaceful, but u know crisis that are ethnic and religious inclined could spring up anytime. God saved a friend of mine that served in Jos from these fulani herdsmen when their communal clashes started.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gnykelly(m): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
abimic:

Not too sure about that though, but I know sokoto is relatively peaceful, but u know crisis that are ethnic and religious inclined could spring up anytime. God saved a friend of mine that served in Jos from these fulani herdsmen when their communal clashes started.
Jo's is an hotbed of violence

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by jayben(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
lagos, abuja and port harcourt will top the list
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Airtimex(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
preciousMI1:
Lagos... Abuja.... will be flooded...
my sister not as you think.....people should try and use their heads, is not going to b so easy. avoid highly populated areas
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Artixmentor(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
nice one God bless Nigeria
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ebukaOtika(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
stepo707:
lagos go full ehn....Abuja and rivers also

Kebbi nko ? I've never heard of that state since Jan 1st 2003 undecided cry undecided cry

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Omololu007(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

I still maintain that it should be voluntary or choices be limited to geopolitical zones of origin/residence.
nope,people should serve from their geopolitical zones or state of origin they come from,I don't agree with residence,cause it will favour the people that don't stay in their region the more.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Omololu007(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
pele dear, i support the fact that corp members will have to choose, but the population of some states will be too much

I heard your then governor sent a flight to pick you guys up and gave you guys stipends
I love and agree with dis...but the one I would have love the most is for people to serve in the region or state they come from
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Obiwannn: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
kilokeys:
taraba was fun..

wouldnt have traded that year for anything
Hope u didnt leave with HIV? grin
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
MyFlair:
NYSC will knw hw to evenly distribute corp members optimaly. They hv three states to choose from five geo-pol zones. So dnt overwork urself. It's better than numerous deployment we witness every year. Moreover I dnt see the usefulness of the scheme, tht does nt mean tht nobdy has benefited frm it. Bt I'll tell u categorically today, with temperament of Nigerian youth, Nysc is no more serving its purpose. Families who has lost their loved ones, some their only hope, in this scheme wud nt even like to hear the word "NYSC"
am not against the policy, abeg o o
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Omololu007(m): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
felix10:

I do not support its scrapping because that will create more unemployment which apc govt is trying to reduce to its bearest minimum.
please can you shed more light on dis
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Omololu007(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
gnykelly:

Jo's is an hotbed of violence
taraba is also a hotbed between christians and muslims
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Who cares.. I will never serve this useless zoo called Nigeria...
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gnykelly(m): 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Omololu007:
taraba is also a hotbed between christians and muslims

thanks what of kebbi.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Birdmanjnr(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
I tell ya. Am like 3 states? Okay-Abuja, Lagos, PH cheesy
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by udeh3(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don't think any state will be more crowded than the other. NYSC has a body can also regulate the numbers of corpers posted to each state. Once that number is met, you're banned to be taking to anywhere or better to the next batch

Like in the case of Jamb, back then in 2007/2008, I registered late and I was told that my state of resident have been filled up and the available state pops up, from the available state, I then choosed a preferred one. So similar logic might be applied in this case.

So my advice for prospective corpers, is to register and choose your preferred state of deployment on time
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by noah91(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
As an omo odua na only b fatherland (yorubaland) i fit serve o. Make they give me any state in d SW, Kwara or Kogi west
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by alcmene: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

what is this one saying.

we are looking for ways to safeguard our corpers and you are there yapping selfless service

let the mallams serve in their volatile region abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by noah91(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
UncannyGenius:
Who cares.. I will never serve this useless zoo called Nigeria...
Meaning u will never be a degree holder except u r ova 30 already

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by forayfleo(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good move, PH will have more beauty and handsome people that will fellow me to Adokiye Amiesimaka stadium for match and other things thank God for this opportunity.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
Omololu007:
nope,people should serve from their geopolitical zones or state of origin they come from,I don't agree with residence,cause it will favour the people that don't stay in their region the more.

Not a problem either. A good way for those who grew up outside their region to go and know their fatherland
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Chiscomax(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
please I heard mistake made during registration can be corrected in camp. Name was misspelled and I would like to know if the correction can be made in camp or what means can it be corrected?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kilokeys(m): 1:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Obiwannn:

Hope u didnt leave with HIV? grin

didnt do anything ridiculous.
bush allowee dey o.. buh we close eye
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by preciousMI1(f): 5:24am On Sep 10, 2015
Airtime:

my sister not as you think.....people should try and use their heads, is not going to b so easy. avoid highly populated areas

help me tell them...
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Harbdulrasaq:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

A welcome development!

But, how long will this last?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by lanpio(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2015
If people have choose universities, they shdd be left too choose where to serve.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by flowkey(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
dats gud atleast....make una no go abia state na dead place...
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by murmee: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
lawanson44:

South West: They will take off your head for rituals, or as a rite of passage for their useless dead Obas or cut you up in pieces and cook you like the corper they did same to in that forest some months back.

Nought-ern Region: Someone from there said Baboon and Dogs will be soaked in blood ( If you are not from there, the indigenes see you as dog or baboon)

Then why are you 5% region people so many in the South West? Why can't you develop and live in your region. The problem with the Yorubas is that they are too accommodating. If you must know, you are choking us. Park and go back to your God forsaken, undesirable region.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.