Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (56444 Views)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Beetroot: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is not a wise decision.Corpers would automatically flock to economically viable states and overburden the existing infrastructure.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Elevation(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
If anyone here can contact Governor Rochas Okorocha. Please tell him to do something about Youth corps members state allowance, Gov. Rochas back then in 2003 was super kind to people what happened ? imagine in the whole federation, most people are ignoring Imo state because of low financial motivation for corps members.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
You are the one that talked about choice. Since the program is still on, then just go with the initial choice of choosing to blend/associate or not

No, no..that's twisting the facts. Choices are informed by circumstances not just because. It could be simply because the ways of some places are alien to a corps member or that such areas are known to kill and maim at will, or they are so notoriously undeveloped and lacking in basic amenities or that the weather is unfriendly. Why waste one precious way just t choose whether to blend or not? There is no point going there if the corper will be uncomfortable, fearful or plain unwelcome.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by b0y(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
wailing:
good move...

Please wailin g wailers, stop mentioning me again.

My name is Wailing (wae-ling) grin

All in a bid to get mentions? undecided undecided undecided
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Beetroot:
This is not a wise decision.Corpers would automatically flock to economically viable states and overburden the existing infrastructure.

Why then were those states created if they are not economically viable? It is then the duty of the govt to make all states fit for habitation or collapse them! Why do they have a claim to federal allocation if they are not going to be 'economically viable'?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Do you know this instances you are giving is just a few cases just like the insurgency disturbed regions, outside that, where else are there cases of rampant killings and maiming
kenny987:

No, no..that's twisting the facts. Choices are informed by circumstances not just because. It could be simply because the ways of some places are alien to a corps member or that such areas are known to kill and maim at will, or they are so notoriously undeveloped and lacking in basic amenities or that the weather is unfriendly. Why waste one precious way just t choose whether to blend or not? There is no point going there if the corper will be uncomfortable, fearful or plain unwelcome.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aitee1:

And I know many that were killed 2011 in the northern states all cos they're not hausas angry
you could be killed even if you are hausa and not Muslim, the key is being a Muslim and going to mosques cheesy
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by vinceman212: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Pls,wat if I choose 3(same) states E.g IMO,Imo,Imo.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by villeanns(m): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Harbdulrasaq:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1COFUnoRWdc/VfAf52iGFnI/AAAAAAAABmw/-CI5KEH-pdk/s1600/aaaaa.jpg[/img]
In the wake of recent attacks and unrest across the states of Nigeria, the NYSC board has now included in the registration procedure of NYSC members to choose at least 3 states which they would love to be deployed from which one will be finally selected for them by the board.

I think the NYSC has started to become liberal and more democratic with this initiative but it will stand against the main motive for which the programme was established!

The disadvantage of this development will be very disturbing; as some states will be favoured at the expense of the others.

However, the corps members have restricted Geo-political zones depending on the school they graduated from!

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/09/nysc-now-allows-students-to-choose.html

This is a welcome development considering that FACT that the purpose of establishing the NYSC scheme have been defeated. Which ever way making a choice state with THREE OPTIONS is fine. Then the body should choose one among your preferred list.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Pinkyviv(f): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by ElvishKing: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Olukat(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
I knew this dull.ard "will kill" this program, to avoid paying after service stipends. sad angry
The scam continues angry angry
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Aitee1: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
you could be killed even if you are hausa and not Muslim, the key is being a Muslim and going to mosques cheesy

My point: stop encouraging that non hausas be posted to the north, it's not funny angry

If you experience what I experienced 2011 you'll understand more!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilobasama:
Do you know this instances you are giving is just a few cases just like the insurgency disturbed regions, outside that, where else are there cases of rampant killings and maiming

Oh! There are lots of reasons! Besides if u read the op u will see that the insurgency/insecurity is the major reason cited so what else do u want? Still there are lots of people that detest Lagos for instance, because it is too congested. There are Christians who will not want to go to a Muslim dominated area where u cannot freely practise ur religion for fear u and ur church being burned or just being harassed. Some do not like the overly wet and rainy weather down South. Some may love agriculture but will avoid places like Plateau, Benue or Taraba before fulani herdsmen will rape/murder them at their farms! Unless there is a good economic reason as mentioned earlier, no one should be posted to a place where they cannot give their best or be comfortable. I still maintain that it should be voluntary or choices be limited to geopolitical zones of origin/residence.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by abimic(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
I remember vividly last year when I was posted to yobe only to be redeployed back to anambra after the necessary formalities, anyway, with this initiative, I guess it's time to scrap the scheme since it has outlived its intended purposes. Some states would be overly crowded while the clamour that the north is under developed and lacking in man power would rise immeasurably. One thing I know is no prospective or better put, only few prospective corps members would choose the North even though some, I mean very few some would prefer the north over south.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by toyese01(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
jazinogold:
so after I do go waste tym go serve for northern Nigeria naim dem no say dem go fit select were to serve? angry

wey I for don go serve were relate to my field rada than teaching dose aboki Wey like to rear cattle pass book!

maybe dy wan get 270cattles like PMB!

I am JAZINOGOLD, and I just want to make common sense!

Unfortunately †̥ђε comment you made about PMB dint ..♍ãk̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ you sound like someone that's making horse sense
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by philfrey08: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
What is the aim sef? You don't unite people by force! If they did not wish to be there or be joined with some others and they are sent there against their will, they will only endure and disappear once they can so why the pretence? Nobody likes to leave their comfort zone unless for identified economic reasons. Not to talk of a place like Nigeria where corps members are easy targets because to a large extent those posted to the North are likely Southerners and Christians so some idiots will pick them off easily.

Youth service should be voluntary or graduates should be posted within their geopolitical zones so everyone stays in their areas. The choice to go outside one's zone should be a choice and not for cosmetic national unity. Imagine those that were killed in 2011! Where was the unity?

Did u jus call it a cosmetic national unity?
Anyway i can already know what part of the country you are from..... na wah for you.
God wud bless whomever came up with the NYSC idea. Nysc shd not b for lazy pple like u esp those who dont appreciate its aim
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by 1God: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
That is very bad as it is against the establisment motives. Not a wlcome development at all. I think NYSC av to restrategise as it going to favour one state to the other.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good development!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by klax(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Better. All nonsense killing and abuse should stop. Let the madness if NYSC be stop if possible NYSC should eradicated it's useless I passed through it, wasting a whole year of someone's life is nonsense no where in a reasonable country in the world where such happen. I have witnessed where a youth corper was asked to kneel down, I have seen asking a lady corper to do frog jump just for saying no to affairs to one aboki last corporal idiot in army pls what a hell is that for and to spoilt it all the bloody boko haram turn corpers to a slaughter goat, rapist not last, ritualist taking chances pls what a hell are these after so much pains going through hell camp called university in Nigeria damn annoying. Enough pls enough of NYSC craps.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by kenny987(f): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
You see why it is unhealthy to even engage the likes of you? I gave an opinion which is out there for u to address on its merits or lack of them but u had to call urself and your people lazy! Such a shame!
Don't guess! I am Biafran! I call it as it is because Nigeria is a conglomeration of nations thrust together without their consent! It is cosmetic because deep down everyone will fall back to the default setting of tribe and language. U already made it clear by making reference to what part of the country I am from, fully insinuating that people from a certain area think the way I do or have similar opinions so u see NYSC has not done much! The pioneers might have reaped some benefits but the same people have turned it to what it is today so the sharp divides along ethnic lines are as wide and clear as day. The truth is the truth my dear and it is time to be honest. Pretence and lies never go very far...they are always exposed at some point.

philfrey08:

Did u jus call it a cosmetic national unity?
Anyway i can already know what part of the country you are from..... na wah for you.
God wud bless whomever came up with the NYSC idea. Nysc shd not b for lazy pple like u esp those who dont appreciate its aim

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by arigold1304(m): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
FG has failed the Objectives of NYSC...Once you enter school start searching for your PPA bc it will be Hot cake as for Graduate to get work now is Hot cake....Abeg Whose Regime was NYSC scrapped?....PMB say NOoooooooooo........soon you divide this great country
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aitee1:

My point: stop encouraging that non hausas be posted to the north, it's not funny angry

If you experience what I experienced 2011 you'll understand more!
pele dear, i support the fact that corp members will have to choose, but the population of some states will be too much

I heard your then governor sent a flight to pick you guys up and gave you guys stipends
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
vinceman212:
Pls,wat if I choose 3(same) states E.g IMO,Imo,Imo.
Well, you can't
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Aitee1: 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
pele dear, i support the fact that corp members will have to choose, but the population of some states will be too much

I heard your then governor sent a flight to pick you guys up and gave you guys stipends

Na for news I been hear am, even if, can that equate lives that were lost
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by iamakpan: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wrong move, this will disrupt the core objective of the scheme, most states of the Federation will be disadvantaged and marginalised
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well check my comment on the topic, you ll see wat I said.
kenny987:

Oh! There are lots of reasons! Besides if u read the op u will see that the insurgency/insecurity is the major reason cited so what else do u want? Still there are lots of people that detest Lagos for instance, because it is too congested. There are Christians who will not want to go to a Muslim dominated area where u cannot freely practise ur religion for fear u and ur church being burned or just being harassed. Some do not like the overly wet and rainy weather down South. Some may love agriculture but will avoid places like Plateau, Benue or Taraba before fulani herdsmen will rape/murder them at their farms! Unless there is a good economic reason as mentioned earlier, no one should be posted to a place where they cannot give their best or be comfortable. I still maintain that it should be voluntary or choices be limited to geopolitical zones of origin/residence.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by gp6liveth(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
With this policy majority of the northern children will experience 95% half baked education. Talking from experience, its the corps members that reached in most northern schools. Most of the employed teachers in the north are worst than elementary 5 pupil in other part of the country.

Anyway, I support the idea based on the rate of insurgency. Let them remain at the position they (northerners) choose to be academically. This is the dividend of terrorism, since they decides not to condemn it but to blame it on a southerner(GEJ).
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by peeparty(m): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Aitee1:
Good!!!
Now let the mallam serve themselves tongue
mbok mma kap innua o.
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Princedapace(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dahveydson:
It's effect will be both negative and positive. Soon there will be clamour for NYSC to be optional then there will be clamour for NYSC to be scrapped. This is just phase one.

Personally, I don't support this initiative, we are in 2015, youths served in 2010, 2011, 2012 at the height of the insurgency and they were not given option to choose. What's the essence of one choosing where they will serve, what they will learn about their country and which parts of Nigeria they wouldn't want to go. It defeats the whole essence of the scheme. Who will choose to serve in the north now? Sigh. The days of selfless service to the nation is coming to an end.

Guy
You are very funny

Who will serve in the north?
The north should make their region attractive enough to attract corps members! It is that simple...corps members are not the reason the region is that dangerous so, they shouldn't pay with their lives for the sake of unity...these are peoples' children and sweat and you want them to go suffer in the north for the sake of national service...and please, why are our top leaders not sending their children to the north? When was the last time you heard of a governor , senator, minister etc children serving not to talk of serving in the north. abeg, park this "selfless service" my ass for one corner joor ! Northerners will come to serve in the south and they will work with their minds at rest but southerners posted to north walk with fear, so wtf?

Good move by NYSC...
Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Missmossy(f): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is really nice cheesy

I hope its for real though.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment by Princedapace(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
Who will serve in the north?
The north should make their region attractive enough to attract corps members! It is that simple...corps members are not the reason the region is that dangerous so, they shouldn't pay with their lives for the sake of unity...these are peoples' children and sweat and you want them to go suffer in the north for the sake of national service...and please, why are our top leaders not sending their children to the north? When was the last time you heard of a governor , senator, minister etc children serving not to talk of serving in the north. abeg, park this "selfless service" my ass for one corner joor ! Northerners will come to serve in the south and they will work with their minds at rest but southerners posted to north walk with fear, so wtf?

Good move by NYSC...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Pictures Of Nigerian Man Who Turned Into Girl.. / Deeper Life Church Member Shares Photo Of Corps Member Wearing Khaki Skirt / Ogun Corper Beaten By SARS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.