Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,342 members, 7,867,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari (417 Views)

Fayose: "I Chose Kolapo Olusola To Succeed Me In Line With God's Leading" / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Rivers Rerun: Army Intercepts Bus Loaded With "Thugs Loyal To PDP" In Khana (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Speaking on the adjudged lopsided appointments so far in the Nigeria politics, President Buhari cleared the air by saying he appointed those who have been loyal to him during their political trials.
Just like every well-meaning Nigerian would ask, I want to know the ideal yardsticks for appointment. Is it people who are loyal to you or people who can do the job?
In an interview with BBC Hausa which was translated by Daily Trust, President Buahri said he chose people that have been loyal and steadfast with him right from his days in APP, CPC and then APC.

"This is the nature of Nigerian politics. If they will do
justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let
them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president
works with, there are people who will closely work
with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate. If I
select people whom I know quite well in my political
party, whom we came all the way right from the APP,
CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or
bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I
can trust them with any post, will that amount to
anything wrong? I have been with them throughout
our trying times, what then is the reward of such
dedication and suffering? They did not defect because
of positions, they did not involve themselves in the
pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate
throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I
make you the secretary (of the federal government)
because I have confidence that things will go
normal?”he said

On his yet to be released ministerial list, Buhari said those who have held government positions before and were involved in unwholesome practices knowingly or
unknowingly will not be invited. He said those who have
held such positions before or tried to maintain
accountability will be considered for appointment

"There are people that deserve to hold the position
because of their knowledge in either financial issues,
or oil sector or even in governance. But you discover
that in one way or the other, and whether they knew it
or not, they were dragged to such unwholesome
practices. Bringing such people will be tantamount to
leaving your doors open when you have gone to rest
in your apartment. Putting such people in either
financial, petrol or works ministry would be dangerous
because behind the scene, some people control a
person. They would be dictating to them with a threat
to award them contracts. This is the most frightening
thing that Nigerians must understand. You need to get
people who held similar post before or tried to
maintain accountability"he said.
Re: Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari by wolesmile(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
on point. sai baba
Re: Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari by Desgidi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
In the voice of "African china"..election 4my country na padi padi...its normal for him to appoint his loyalist... but make e no think say e go sit down 4 the seat 4eva...
Re: Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari by bentlywills(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wailing wailers should keep wailing

Baba have spoken
Re: Appointment: I Chose People Who Are Loyal To Me - Buhari by kulikuli26: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Do I blame Buhari for those appointments? NO, those guys stood with him through tick and thin, infact they never thought this day will come but God who rewards people has chosen to reward them. By this alone, a strong message is sent to the youths, never to betray people for pecuniary gains. I'm totally with Buhari on this.

(1) (Reply)

Lord Under Investigation For Failure To Provide / These Are The Reasons Some Guys Don’t Have Girlfriends (must See) / NERC Lifts Ban On Increase In Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.