Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,761 members, 7,831,449 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market (25214 Views)

Money Medicine Scammers Who Defrauded Man Of N31million / Defrauded At An ATM Stand / Female Banker Defrauded One Of Her Customers N90 Million, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by menix(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hmm Op u sef nah JJC, thou I don't blame u cous the combination of yoruba nd igbo sense nah Nuclear scam..

Don't know y these group keep quarreling while their team up could make America bow...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by nikkflexible(f): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
ehya....sorry ehn
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by bunmioguns(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
lifezone247:

She is actually a girl.

Then she need to go and reformat her brain because I don't see where Hausa names were mentioned there as the perpetrators

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by dedeen1424: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
its one of lesson to be learnt in one's life, anything you want to do, do it in the best time, place and give even if its token. I believe if you give you will not forget to count your money.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by bunmioguns(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sijo01:

Boy indeed! Go enroll for a basic class, son. Since you didn't know what 'm & f' stands for.

Shut up, where was Hausa names mentioned as the perpetrators

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Sijo01(f): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
lifezone247:
She is actually a girl.
Thanks for letting him in on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by egift(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
OP, it is a pity you lost so much. Mine was more different. Please next go to the bank or use the guys that have office.

Offline: A Yoruba man and an Igbo man doing joint business.
On Nairaland: Na yeye insults go dey fly around.

#Irony

7 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by aieromon(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Always transact business with the mallams in Alade Market. Do not make the mistake of falling into the trap of high exchange rates with the road side boys from Ikeja Airport Hotel to Allen Avenue.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by NOTRIBE: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
mtcheew!!!...na those guys from wild wild west
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Firefire(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
ojoadeola:

If you want to change dollar or Pound sterling;

1. Go to appropriate places where legal and operational Bureau De Change is/are located.
2. Look for a bureau de change shop or office and go in, don’t transact at the entrance.
3. Meet the owner of the business/shop, not the surrogate/boy/mallam/loafers.
4. State the reason for your visit and agree on the exchange rate first
5. Allow them to give you the cash equivalent of your agreed sum before you hand over your cash. This is to avoid fake money or lost
money.
6. If you come with a car, don’t transact business through the windows of your car, come down and do the business.
7. Check the correctness of your money before leaving the premise.
8. Have a dedicated customer whom you transact with every time.
9. Do business with a ‘mallam’ first before any other tribe. This is my suggestion though.

Good luck to you all!

I had similar case at the same Alade market.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by jamaicabakare(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Though i don't surport what they did to u...(coz an agreement is agreement)...but u also nah thief......just bcoz of ur greed for 500naira u lost 12k.....

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by vintage01: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well, they have been doing that for years and I know think they use diabolical means to execute this scam.

I was scamed at this same airport hotel two years ago when I went to convert my naira to dollars for a proposed trip.

They gave me incomplete money and they recounted it while I was watching them. In all they scamed me of over 50k that day.

Since then, if it's not the bank or the airport
Bureau de change, it's nothing oo

Take heart broken, someone else is being scammed at this hour at the same location.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by favourlove1: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
kennydee05:
President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Tuesday, had a close door meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The meeting between the duo lasted for about one hour at the President’s office.
However, Obasanjo refused to speak to journalists when Buhari accompaigned him to his vehicle at 4:17pm.

In his usual hilarious manner, the Ota farmer simply told journalists that approached him: “comot joo.”

It would be recalled that Buhari had on August 21 named Obasanjo as his Special Envoy to mediate and help find a solution to the crisis brewing in Guinea Bissau.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/08/comot-joo-obasanjo-tells-journalists-as-he-meets-with-buhari-behind-closed-doors/
special envoy? Obj has gotten what He has always wanted. So can buhari probe such a man? With all d corruption he is sitting on? Nigeria is simply a game of chess with Obj as the master player all these one buhari dey do... He dosnt really knw what he is doing cuz PDP is still in govt. Let's see how long this Obj Buhari will last.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by omoagbeke(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
i've read something similar on NL. e don tey weh e don dey happen
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by vicadex07(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sijo01:
Abokiis scamming people like their daural hero

You dis black ugly brainless bitchhh, did you even bother to read through the OPs post before commenting?

Biafran she goat

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by IamforGod: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hehehehehe

I can't stop laughing ooooo!!!!

Op u r a stingy person btw!

If u had reached me earlier i'll take u to the place and i'll retrieve all ur money. grin

I know all of them in alade even the hausas that claim to know nothing.

And the crooks in awolowo opposite airport hotel.

Nairalanders be wise! Especially in ikeja.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
I simply change inside the international arrivals(not the mallams), Just before I walk through customs.
The safest and always the best rates.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by MrMcJay(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Last month, I was passing there and I saw this pick up truck of Military policemen in red berets. They arrested some hausa currency traders there and drove them in the direction of Ikeja Barracks. From the faces of those soldiers, I knew those Mallams would see 'change' that day.

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Emeka71(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Demmocrats:
Op I have some questions for you

How long have you stayed in lasgidi because you yan like a jjc

Lastly it seems this is the first time you ever changed a foreign currency in your life.

Only a jjc will respond the way you did

Even the Hausa men that denied the identity of those guys are lying involve the police and arrest then and see the truth come out asap
He is a complete mugu.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by fpeter(f): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
cheesy grin
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by christinie(f): 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by vicadex07(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sijo01:

Thanks for letting him in on that.
You're a disgrace to womanhood she goat

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by davetwitzy: 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
jamaicabakare:
Though i don't surport what they did to u...(coz an agreement is agreement)...but u also nah thief......just bcoz of ur greed for 500naira u lost 12k.....
You're a big f-o-o-l. Isn't it his money? How's it greed?

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by christinie(f): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
Gerara here.
freesinzu:
Wat could be worse dan a yoruba nd ibo man, coming 2geder for a swipe. Chai........[color=][/color] grin
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by rman: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
This trick is as old as 1990 and I am surprised people still fall for it.

Do not change money on road side anywhere in Lagos. They will always short change you no matter how fantastic you think the rates is or how smart you think you are.

In fact, they knew you were a mugu immediately you choose to go for the guy with the higher rate

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
This once happened to a friend of mine. He even shared the story with us recently.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by LadyVerah(f): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
sorry... Thankgod it didn't get physical
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by otiigba1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Never deal with any other tribe except and hausa man,when exchanging your currency and do it at the airport or in a registered office, if any one scam you at the airport, that's it for that he will never set foot at that airport again.

Because he brought a bad name for the real money exchanging "mallams"

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by freesinzu(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
christinie:
Gerara here.
Its d truth, if the collaboration had been it an hausa man, the story would read #swindlers lynched at alade market #[right][/right] wink
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by ojoadeola: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
Emeka71:
He is a complete mugu.

Thanks Emeka, you learn daily. This is a lesson learnt which I am passing across to you and others.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by ronald4lif(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sorry for your loss mate and thanks for the tips. It was a well orchestrated scheme and no one could have suspect there's a hidden plot to shortchange and steal their money with the manner it was carried out. You where lucky you were exchanging only a hundred dollar bill. Your loss would have been enormous were the transaction more.

I don't transact exchange with anyone else but only confirmed mallams and I only hand over the money after counting in the car. Apart from the very few extremist elements we have in the north, northerners are the most sincere and honest people to do monetary transaction with. I remember over paying one a £20 bill one time and he returned it after counting. Hardly you'll see any other tribe do that if not Hausa. Some could even chip in fake notes if one is not careful. Sickening!

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sarita Aliyu Bello, Workman Microfinance Bank MD Bags 5 Years For N4.7m Scam / Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel / Cambodian Woman & 6 Nigerian Men Kidnap Her Nigerian Boyfriend For Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.