Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel (25109 Views)

Abel Isah, EFCC Cadet, Beaten To Death By Superior Officers / Wife Of Airforce Commodore Attacks Soldier With Machete In Port-Harcourt. Photo / "My Saudi Husband Killed Our 3 Daughters" - Nigerian Woman (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Metrix147: 10:45pm On Apr 14
A popular hotel in Umuahia, Abia State capital, Hotel Royal Damgrete has offered explanation on how the military allegedly killed its F&B Manager, Mr. James Etubi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6NdUhphkXo

ABN TV had reported that an Air Force tarmac four Cadet identified as Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche with registration number NDA 13257 has lost his life in Hotel Royal Damgrete, months to graduation from National Defence Academy where he is a student.

He died on Tuesday in the swimming pool of Damgrete Hotel under controversial circumstances.

One account has it that he had intentionally dived into the swimming pool with his trunk to swim during a hangout with his friends.

Worried by the death of their colleague, the military in the state arrested some staff and the hotel and took them for an interrogation.

In an interview in Umuahia, Dr. Steve Ihedigbo, Chairman/CEO of Hotel Royal Damgrete said after the interrogation of three of the hotel staff, including Mr. Etibu, a senior female military police officer ordered for a corporal punishment of his staff.

According to him, when the victim was rescued, there was nothing to suggest that he was drowned, saying his stomach was flat and water was not found in his system.

While suspecting a foul play, the Chairman alleged that one of the Cadet officers who had visited the hotel along with the late Onyeomereneche when the incident happened was brought before the military as a prime suspect.

He however expressed surprise that during the corporal punishment, he was among those detailed to beat his staff, alleging that during the punishment, he personally hit the F&B manager on his head to ensure he dies, apparently to conceal the circumstances behind the death of Onyeomereneche.

According to Ihedigbo, the late F&B manager was at the scene when everything happened and was in the right place to give testimony on what led to the death of Onyeomereneche, insisting that the colleague of the deceased has a question to answer.

On where the diver of the hotel was when the incident happened, he the chairman said he closed at 6pm, before the late Onyeomereneche and his friends visited the hotel.

He insists that his staff and the hotel are not complicit, urging for a thorough investigation on the death of the late Cadet.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/military-killed-our-staff-after-death-of-airforce-cadet-in-our-swimming-pool-damgrete-hotel-management-video/

4 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by immortalcrown(m): 10:50pm On Apr 14
Most of the Nigerians that join the police and the military do so just to have power to unnecessarily intimidate unarmed civilians, not for the love of the nation or for the love of the job. That's why they are barbaric towards civilians they are meant to protect. That's why they record little or zero success against the criminals they are recruited and trained to fight.

Just imagine! Why torture a suspect to death? What if the suspect is later proven innocent? Also, why put a suspect in charge of a other suspect for the same crime? This shows how unethical and unlawful the so-called law enforcers can be.

Metrix147:
While suspecting a foul play, the Chairman alleged that one of the Cadet officers who had visited the hotel along with the late Onyeomereneche when the incident happened was brought before the military as a prime suspect.

He however expressed surprise that during the corporal punishment, he was among those detailed to beat his staff, alleging that during the punishment, he personally hit the F&B manager on his head to ensure he dies, apparently to conceal the circumstances behind the death of Onyeomereneche.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by SEGLIZ: 11:06pm On Apr 14
immortalcrown:
Just imagine! Why torture a suspect to death? What if the suspect is later proven innocent?

Also, why put a suspect in charge of a other suspect for the same crime?

I just don't understand the use of service men in Nigeria any more, rather than defend the citizens they rather attack them. hence the enemies they are meant to deal with are there roaming freely.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Forkthiefnubu: 11:21pm On Apr 14
Post them to fight boko and they will piss in their pants , rag tag army

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by xtivin(m): 1:22am On Apr 15
Where was CCTV in all of this Chairman?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by buharibanjo(m): 1:48am On Apr 15
Seems the Nigerian military has replaced naiija cover with unpleasant news

5 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by AAAA67: 3:03am On Apr 15
I ho

1 Like

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by AAAA67: 3:04am On Apr 15
I hope proper investigation will reveal the whole truth surrounding this double tragic incident.
Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by mytime24(f): 5:51am On Apr 15
Power drunk men in uniform

Why is d Army always taking d responsibility of d police

45 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by AbuTwins: 5:52am On Apr 15
The military says they're investigating the matter. I'll wait for theirs too to conclude.

One who judges a one-sided case is a big evil doer!

1 Like

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Andyblaze: 5:53am On Apr 15
cool
Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:53am On Apr 15
Rip to the hotel staff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by UstazAhmed(m): 5:53am On Apr 15
Why should a whole Cadet go swimming without necessary precautions? Nigeria military can't try this in the north

22 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Niffy1960: 5:54am On Apr 15
Why are they showing power against civilians?this nonsense have to stop and do the proper investigation 📌

4 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by FatherOfJesus: 5:56am On Apr 15
Na why I no dey rate them.

3 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:57am On Apr 15
The way killing has become so easy in this country!!
May God protect us

12 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Trendy247: 5:58am On Apr 15
The hotel doesn't have Cctv camera? Abi the cameras dey close work by 6pm too
Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by triple996(m): 5:58am On Apr 15
undecided this is so unfortunate. Ani.als in uniform

3 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:59am On Apr 15
Sick country
Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Yankee101: 6:02am On Apr 15
Everyone involved should lose their commission
The cadet should be expelled from NDA and taken to court
More ‘Gentleman’ needs to be taught in NDA than ‘Officer’
Videos of NDA kids misbehaving is getting too much. You should be seen not heard as an officer or a potential officer

20 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by kolafolabi(m): 6:02am On Apr 15
Why would the military retaliate by killing the innocent hotel staff?

6 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by 004gist: 6:03am On Apr 15
xtivin:

If u don't know what the story is just about keep quiet.

Rather than saying otherwise

8 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Hezmatosky: 6:04am On Apr 15
SEGLIZ:
I just don't understand the use of service men in Nigeria any more, rather than defend the citizens they rather attack them. hence the enemies they are meant to deal with are there roaming freely.
When their primary reason of joining service is to gain power over civilians angry

18 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Onyedikachi231: 6:04am On Apr 15
AbuTwins:
The military says they're investigating the matter. I'll wait for theirs too to conclude.

It will happen to you one day, and somebody not I will say this same thing, I can't imagine being this senseless and wicked.
Not that the fake prophet mohammed had sense but at least he didn't betray his stupidity in public.

12 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Dreamhighnow(m): 6:04am On Apr 15
You see why Nigerian army sometimes doesn't get the sympathy of the Nigerian Masses. Their unprofessionalism is just too much

Well I remember it is Nigeria

Mind you dem talk say dem dey recruit repentant bokoboys into Nigerian army. If this is true. My brother the future of this country ehnnnnnnm

6 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Nwaokunkpara: 6:05am On Apr 15
NIGERIA IS THE headquarters of lawlessness...

3 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Hezmatosky: 6:05am On Apr 15
xtivin:
He travelled grin
Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Forumites: 6:06am On Apr 15
To the Nigeria Army it’s all about killing its citizens mercilessly without caution. Come to the states you’ll see their forces going into researches that’ll benefit the entire states. It’s indeed a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by okosodo: 6:08am On Apr 15
The Nigerian military is fast becoming a problem oh. We will start thinking of how life will be without them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by nigeriansamurai(m): 6:08am On Apr 15
Exactly why many people dont care when soldiers die... Pointless organisation, only real use is to protect political intrests never civilians...

1 Like

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:08am On Apr 15
I have always suspected that they killed this man to conceal some information about the death of their colleague which they killed by themselves. I was not wrong after all.

1 Like

Re: Military Killed Our Staff After Death Of Airforce Cadet In Our Pool – Hotel by Deefirm: 6:09am On Apr 15
I hope you waited for both side of the story regarding the death in Delta state too before you took sides.

AbuTwins:

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Civil Servant Burns Niece's Legs With Hot Stone (Photos) / Pastor Izuchukwu Anoloba Kidnaps Rev Father Fidelis Ekemgba In Imo State / Girl Stripped And Beaten To Coma For Stealing A Blackberry Phone (pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.