Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? (6612 Views)

Mothers(-in-law) Vs. Wives. Why Can't They Just Get Along? / Is He Just Being Paranoid / Channel 4's 'lagos To London' Unreasonable In A Time Of Lack' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

If someone gets their teeth or eye damaged by the dentist/optician and sue, Does it restore their teeth/eyes back?

If someone loses a relative to an accident or doctors negligence and sue, Does the money restore the dead person back?

A woman got her baby stolen at an hospital and sued, Did the money restore back the baby?

I am sure the people would prefer you give them their initial wish and the money is a compensation for not failing to meet your own side of the bargain

Can health problems or the loss of a relative be compared to having a mixed HEALTHY kid?
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by kunleajayi: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

If someone gets their teeth or eye damaged by the dentist/optician and sue, Does it restore their teeth/eyes back?

If someone loses a relative to an accident or doctors negligence and sue, Does the money restore the dead person back?

A woman got her baby stolen at an hospital and sued, Did the money restore back the baby?

I am sure the people would prefer you give them their initial wish and the money is a compensation for not failing to meet your own side of the bargain

Do you sue years down the line when your above examples occur? This is America. When things like your points occur they don't wait for that long before suing. They sue your arse so fast you won't know what hit you.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by cococandy(f): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
They definitely have a case.

And who are we to say they didn't suffer emotional stress for having a race of baby they didn't want to start with?

Two yrs ain't too long ago to sue. Some people even sue after 18yrs. Kiloshele.
Next time they will be careful.

Shey if me and my husband go there for IVF and they mistakenly replace my husband's sperm with another man's, you go tell us say we no get case because the baby is two yrs old?
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by tpiander: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
cococandy:
They definitely have a case.

And who are we to say they didn't suffer emotional stress for having a race of baby they didn't want to start with?

Two yrs ain't too long ago to sue. Some people even sue after 18yrs. Kiloshele.
Next time they will be careful.

Shey if me and my husband go there for IVF and they mistakenly replace my husband's sperm with another man's, you go tell us say we no get case because the baby is two yrs old?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Emotional stress?
3 million DOLLARS for a healthy baby because it is mixed?
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by cococandy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mindfulness:

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Emotional stress?
3 million DOLLARS for a healthy baby because it is mixed?
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Which one is the apple and which one is the Orange? grin

It's the same thing jare.
Fertilizing the egg with wrong sperm.

Maybe 3million is steep but that's up to the judge to decide. They sure do know they won't get up to that amount.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by MRBrownJ: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
SAMBARRY:
shebi they've apologised and refunded their money to them na.nobody is above mistake. The hospital management have admitted their fault and apologised.yorubas say after sorry na disgrace remain.

Those lesbian couples are just looking for inordinate attention.

come on sista, what about the lifelong suffering due to racism and the odd looks due to having that mixed race child?! yes, some people have difficulties living comfortably with a mixed child due to that. also it is well known that many mixed race children have difficulties to fit in, because they are considered neither black nor white.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mindfulness:

What emotional trauma?

Why is it emotional trauma?

When you expect a child, you have to hope for the best and expect the worst, a sick child even that is, so be prepared. A mixed child is definitely not a reason to feel traumatized. If they do feel traumatized because of that, then they need a check-up, from the neck-up.
My dear, I understand your angle perfectly well but you have to leave your emotions out of it, people have a right to want what they want, if you say you can provide it, then please do, I don't think you have more empathy then the rest of us but you have to find a way to balance it, the reason for the women wanting a white baby doesn't have to be racist, it could be a reminder of something which has been taken away from them, apologising shouldn't have to cut it for all, it might cut it for you great but doesn't mean it should for me, neither does it make me a bad person, making them pay for their mistakes can save other people the trauma.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
freecocoa:
My dear, I understand your angle perfectly well but you have to leave your emotions out of it, people have a right to want what they want, if you say you can provide it, then please do, I don't think you have more empathy then the rest of us but you have to find a way to balance it, the reason for the women wanting a white baby doesn't have to be racist, it could be a reminder of something which has been taken away from them, apologising shouldn't have to cut it for all, it might cut it for you great but doesn't mean it should for me, neither does it make me a bad person, making them pay for their mistakes can save other people the trauma.

1. Yes, people do have a right to want what they want but do they also deserve it? 3 million DOLLARS! Like seriously?

2. I do NOT have more empathy than the rest of you. That much is sure. smiley

3. I didn't say they were racist BUT I am of the opinion that they send out the wrong message. Their choice. I just hope it won't affect their daughter's self-esteem and sense of identity negatively but I am afraid it will. This is an aspect nobody has touched upon yet. Or will they tell their daughter:

HEY, WE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR COLOR BUT WE WANTED TO GET RICH FAST.

grin grin grin

[size=3pt]And besides, you will never get to know your biological father. [/size]

4. Nothing has been taken away from them. They were given something they could not naturally have. Gratefulness is the keyword here.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
cococandy:

Which one is the apple and which one is the Orange? grin

It's the same thing jare.
Fertilizing the egg with wrong sperm.

Maybe 3million is steep but that's up to the judge to decide. They sure do know they won't get up to that amount.

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two scenarios.

You wanted your HUSBAND to be the father of your kid. They wanted a stranger's sperm. The issue they have is not that the baby is not THEIRS but that it is MIXED. The issue is RACE. If they had said that they wanted a father, in whose family history there were no occurrences of cancer, or something similar, I would have had more understanding but making race and color an issue in he 21st century America is sickening to say the least.

I have already mentioned on this thread that nobody has yet considered the effects this whole scenario might have on the child. Not only will she not know her biological father, she is also already being treated like the odd one out, is she not?
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by raumdeuter: 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mindfulness:

You wanted your HUSBAND to be the father of your kid. They wanted a stranger's sperm. The issue they have is not that the baby is not THEIRS but that it is MIXED. The issue is RACE. If they had said that they wanted a father, in whose family history there were no occurrences of cancer, or something similar, I would have had more understanding but making race and color an issue in he 21st century America is sickening to say the least.

I have already mentioned on this thread that nobody has yet considered the effects this whole scenario might have on the child. Not only will she not know her biological father, she is also already being treated like the odd one out, is she not?

If 2 black couples pay for a donor. Say a black 6ft8 Kobe bryant perfect SAT score donor and they were given a Arab or Asian mans semen which wasnt their specification which makes them to have a mixed race child and probably not what they were looking for.

Couldnt there be psychological issues arising from such errors for the parents and child?

How they put value to it depends on them. and how much it affects them

2 Likes

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by raumdeuter: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
kunleajayi:

Do you sue years down the line when your above examples occur? This is America. When things like your points occur they don't wait for that long before suing. They sue your arse so fast you won't know what hit you.

They can choose to sue anytime it affects them. If it affects them instantly, they can sue instantly, If they think they would cope with it but found out they cant, they can as well come back after 2yrs

Maybe they were subjected to looks and taunts, those wont come instantly hen the child was born. It would take time. For them it took 2yrs

3 Likes

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

If 2 black couples pay for a donor and they were given a white mans which makes them to have a mixed race child.

Couldnt there be psychological issues arising from such errors for the parents and child?

How they put value to it depends on them. and how much it affects them

Each scenario is different.

The scenario we are talking about here involves TWO MOTHERS. Whether the child is white, black, green or purple grin , people already know that at least one of them is not the biological parent. So what's the issue? Where is the trauma? What are they going through that is worth 3 million DOLLARS?

I don't believe they are racist but I consider them greedy.

Legally, they may "deserve some money" but if I were the clinic's lawyer, I would point to the fact that they signed papers agreeing to all risks involved in a medical procedure.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by raumdeuter: 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mindfulness:

Each scenario is different.

The scenario we are talking about here involves TWO MOTHERS. Whether the child is white, black, green or purple grin , people already know that at least one of them is not the biological parent. So what's the issue? Where is the trauma? What are they going through that is worth 3 million DOLLARS?

I don't believe they are racist but I consider them greedy.

Legally, they may "deserve some money" but if I were the clinic's lawyer, I would point to the fact that they signed papers agreeing to all risks involved in a medical procedure.

Not much different. Both parents whether same sex or hetero have their expectations when they are pregnant. This couple though same sex paid and were expecting a caucasian baby

They fulfilled their side of the bargain and the hospital didn't fulfill theirs. This wasnt due to any medical risk. this was due to negligence

Part of their payment is to get the best not for one person to give them what they did not pay for. Maybe if the option was a black donor, they might have chosen not to do it in the first place and she wouldnt have gone through the rigours of pregnancy in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Not much different. Both parents whether same sex or hetero have their expectations when they are pregnant. This couple though same sex paid and were expecting a caucasian baby

They fulfilled their side of the bargain and the hospital didn't fulfill theirs. This wasnt due to any medical risk. this was due to negligence

And they got their money back. This is how it is done when you exchange products for money.

Part of their payment is to get the best not for one person to give them what they did not pay for. Maybe if the option was a black donor, they might have chosen not to do it in the first place and she wouldnt have gone through the rigours of pregnancy in the first place

Like I said, they got their money back and are even free to keep the product. If they do not like it, they can ask for a new one or the cost of it and have it done elsewhere.

If we talk about the whole scenario using market rhetoric, then it is that simple.

I, for my part, find it insipid to ask anyone to compensate you for YOUR OWN CHILD.
I also believe that the consequences of the unfortunate circumstances led to a great result ( they have a beautiful, healthy child), so there is no need to ask for 3 million dollars, there is absolutely nothing so BAD that deserves to be compensated for with any amount of money.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by raumdeuter: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
^^ If you go to a dentist, eye surgeon or any health procedure and they did a bad job, Would refunding your money be enough

2 Likes

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by freecocoa(f): 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mindfulness:

1. Yes, people do have a right to want what they want but do they also deserve it? 3 million DOLLARS! Like seriously?

2. I do NOT have more empathy than the rest of you. That much is sure. smiley

3. I didn't say they were racist BUT I am of the opinion that they send out the wrong message. Their choice. I just hope it won't affect their daughter's self-esteem and sense of identity negatively but I am afraid it will. This is an aspect nobody has touched upon yet. Or will they tell their daughter:

HEY, WE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR COLOR BUT WE WANTED TO GET RICH FAST.

grin grin grin

[size=3pt]And besides, you will never get to know your biological father. [/size]

4. Nothing has been taken away from them. They were given something they could not naturally have. Gratefulness is the keyword here.

1. They can ask for any amount they deem fit, it's left for the judge to determine what's fair.

2.settled.wink

3. People are allowed to think what they want, people have a way of doing that anyway regardless.

They can tell their daughter "we love you the way you are but people need to learn to take responsibilities for their actions".If they can make a mistake like this, what makes you think they can't switch people's samples?

4.They are grateful to have the girl ofcourse, but that doesn't change the fact that the clinic was negligent.

I don't believe they love the kid any less but that doesn't mean they haven't earned the right to want a white baby, what if that is just them wanting a connection to their roots?

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
freecocoa:
1. They can ask for any amount they deem fit, it's left for the judge to determine what's fair.

Nobody claimed otherwise.

2.settled.wink

3. People are allowed to think what they want, people have a way of doing that anyway regardless.

Same here, nobody claimed otherwise.

They can tell their daughter "we love you the way you are but people need to learn to take responsibilities for their actions".If they can make a mistake like this, what makes you think they can't switch people's samples?

And making a mistake should cost people 3 million dollars. grin grin grin

4.They are grateful to have the girl ofcourse, but that doesn't change the fact that the clinic was negligent.

I don't believe they love the kid any less but that doesn't mean they haven't earned the right to want a white baby, what if that is just them wanting a connection to their roots?

Which roots? The father's? grin grin grin

It is a bit ironic to discuss roots in this context. cheesy
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
So after they hv sued and won the case, what next? A white baby will fall from heaven? ? undecided
The deed is already done, the hospital already apologised. . They can use the refund to do another IVF ..

They do have a case but I see it as meaningless since the hospital acknowledged their mistake and apologised. . Not like the situation has a remedy? undecided

I really pity the innocent small girl in the middle of all this...
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by focus7: 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
As regard having a case, America,'s jury system is funny and unpredictable, even a dog can sue you and win the case.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by MRBrownJ: 12:23am On Sep 10, 2015
who cares if they have a healthy child, that is NOT the point.
some people here are completely missing the point: if you pay for a service then you expect JUST THAT... if in anyway the service rendered comes with extras (that was not part of the initial service you've paid for) then you have a RIGHT to demand compensation for the extra emotional/psychological and possibly physical trauma/stress.

so, lets stop focussing on NONSENSE and ask the important question here: WAS THE CLINIC NEGLIGENT IN ANY WAY?!
- if YES then the lady has the right to sue for whatever she deems fit.
- if NO then the lady is wasting her time.

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by cococandy(f): 5:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Let's agree to disagree
Mindfulness:

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by SAMBARRY: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2015
MRBrownJ:

come on sista, what about the lifelong suffering due to racism and the odd looks due to having that mixed race child?! yes, some people have difficulties living comfortably with a mixed child due to that. also it is well known that many mixed race children have difficulties to fit in, because they are considered neither black nor white.
with your way of thinking it means that you are racist. You are part of the people encouraging racism stylishly. Is half caste not a human being. Many of them are always beautiful till old age and have dual race so what's the problem about that

every human being is a human being created by God whether black White or mixed.stop looking at the race, look at the being. .

If two white people have a mixed race child it is still their child and whatever their society thinks about their mixed race child is not their business

the world is already inhumane and complicated enough we human beings should not make it worse. It's very unfair to marginalise half caste saying they're neither black or white
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by SAMBARRY: 7:32am On Sep 10, 2015
So after 2years it just dawned on them that they are negligent abi?

Mr man they don't have any case. It's as if they want to waste their money and time. Like someone said it's like one hungry lawyer is somewhere deceiving them. He knows they can't win but he wants to take advantage of their situation to make money

if the hospital didn't refund their money and or apologise then they have all the right but for crying out loud they've done what every reasonable and professional hospital ought to do

meanwhile I'm sure those couples have spent the money that was refunded to them.

from the look of things they're not likely to win but let's assume they win, will they return the child to the hospital or what?
MRBrownJ:
who cares if they have a healthy child, that is NOT the point.
some people here are completely missing the point: if you pay for a service then you expect JUST THAT... if in anyway the service rendered comes with extras (that was not part of the initial service you've paid for) then you have a RIGHT to demand compensation for the extra emotional/psychological and possibly physical trauma/stress.

so, lets stop focussing on NONSENSE and ask the important question here: WAS THE CLINIC NEGLIGENT IN ANY WAY?!
- if YES then the lady has the right to sue for whatever she deems fit.
- if NO then the lady is wasting her time.

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Mr man they don't have any case. It's as if they want to waste their money and time. Like someone said it's like one hungry lawyer is somewhere deceiving them. He knows they can't win but he wants to take advantage of their situation to make money

if the hospital didn't refund their money and or apologise then they have all the right but for crying out loud they've done what every reasonable and professional hospital ought to do

meanwhile I'm sure those couples have spent the money that was refunded to them.

from the look of things they're not likely to win but let's assume they win, will they return the child to the hospital or what?

It is America and because of that, they might winundecided.

Buy a coffee from Starbucks, and it happens to be too hot that it scald your tongue. You certainly will have a case in America and you will win if your lawyer is any good.

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by freecocoa(f): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2015
Mindfulness:

Nobody claimed otherwise.

Same here, nobody claimed otherwise.

And making a mistake should cost people 3 million dollars. grin grin grin

Which roots? The father's? grin grin grin

It is a bit ironic to discuss roots in this context. cheesy
You keep mentioning the amount, asking if a mistake should cost that, I am only saying that the amount shouldn't be the main issue as that can be changed.

Yea, the father's. Anonymous as he might be, doesn't change the fact that they wanted him to be white, the same way you have the choice of where you want to marry from, is the same way the have the right of where they want their baby to come from, you are just trying so hard to make it about racism but that's not the way I see it. The hospital messed up, period.

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
freecocoa:
You keep mentioning the amount, asking if a mistake should cost that, I am only saying that the amount shouldn't be the main issue as that can be changed.

Yea, the father's. Anonymous as he might be, doesn't change the fact that they wanted him to be white, the same way you have the choice of where you want to marry from, is the same way the have the right of where they want their baby to come from, you are just trying so hard to make it about racism but that's not the way I see it. The hospital messed up, period.

I am not saying they have no right to sue, neither am I saying that they are racist.

And the original question of this thread is if they are being unreasonable and greedy, not if the hospital messed up and not if they have the right to sue.

We need to determine which question we are actually discussing first.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:

@bold

Wrong!

The lawyer will know if the case is time-barred or if it isn't. We don't know. Lawyers do.
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by freecocoa(f): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
Mindfulness:

I am not saying they have no right to sue, neither am I saying that they are racist.

And the original question of this thread is if they are being unreasonable and greedy, not if the hospital messed up and not if they have the right to sue.

We need to determine which question we are actually discussing first.
Yea well, I did answer the initial question and na talk dey bring talk according to my naija people so we are still on course.

So what are you saying? If you think they have a right to sue and they aren't racist, how then are they being unreasonable?

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by MRBrownJ: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
with your way of thinking it means that you are racist. You are part of the people encouraging racism stylishly. Is half caste not a human being. Many of them are always beautiful till old age and have dual race so what's the problem about that

you must stop being a "woman" for a minute (aka stop being too emotional) about this case, and instead focus on the facts at hand.
so, regardless of whether YOU believe that mixed race people are beautiful or not (which is not the case here), instead understand that it would be emotionally/psychologically and financially "easier" for two white women to raise a white child than it would be to raise a mixed race child.

every human being is a human being created by God whether black White or mixed.stop looking at the race, look at the being. .

you are not focussing on what is IMPORTANT here:
if we lived in a world free of racism, where everyone was equal, then i would have agreed with you but sadly it aint so... and therefore it may be emotionally/psychologically harder for these 2 women to raise a mixed race child than it would if that child was white.
btw out of my 6 kids, 3 are mixed race, and i fully understand the struggle for mixed race children to fit in or identify, in a particular society. i am not even gonna dwell on that same said society that has the definition of beauty being white with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If two white people have a mixed race child it is still their child and whatever their society thinks about their mixed race child is not their business

true... but you dont focus on the main issue here:
- does society look down on white women having a mixed race child? YES, some people in society do!
- is it harder for a mixed race child to fit in with a particular race in that same society?! YES, sometimes it is!
therefore emotionally/psychologically, it may be MORE difficult for these women to raise a mixed race child than it would have been if it was a white child.

the world is already inhumane and complicated enough we human beings should not make it worse. It's very unfair to marginalise half caste saying they're neither black or white

as you have written it, the world we live in is neither fair for all nor easy, so it may be easier for 2 women to raise a white child than it would be for them to raise a mixed race child, just like it may be emotionally easier for 2 black women to raise a black child than it would be for them to raise a mixed race child ... i am not being a racist, i am being REAL about life.

they may have foolishly believe that raising a mixed race child was the same as raising a white child... and only realise now after 2 yrs that it aint so.

if you agree that the clinic was negligent then AGAIN, stop focussing on the small picture, and instead focus on the emotional/psychological and possibly financial stress that having a mixed race child may bring to these women's live (stress that would have been absent if the child was white)

here is what these women may endure with a mixed race child that they would NOT if the child was white (which the refunded money does NOT cover):
[b]- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the stare of people, the possible loss of friends, the possible verbal/emotional/physical abuse due to the mixed race of the child
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with a child not being able to fit with a particular race in due to their mixed race status
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with explaining their mixed race status to that child OR their origin
- emotionally/psychologically having to explain the verbal/physical/emotional discrimination that this child may face
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the fact that they have no afro origin/background in order to instill in that child the proper tool for him/her to be prepared for the society we live in
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the fact that they have no afro origin/background in order to instill in that child the proper identity/culture/ethnic background for that child to have sound sense of self (and strong foundations)
- having to deal physically AND financially with nappy hair and skin care issues (they certainly wont use the same comb/shampoo/cream etc that they are using) while being clueless about it all
[/b]

all what i have mentioned above are things that would NOT have been an issue if the child was white... so, REFUNDING THE MONEY THEY'VE PAID WILL NOT COVER THE ABOVE, THEREFORE SUING FOR COMPENSATION IS UNDERSTANDABLE

the compensation will help the mother deal adequately with the possible added emotional/psychological/physical stress... stress that would have been inexistent if the clinic had done their job PROPERLY!

1 Like

Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by SAMBARRY: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
grin grin

Mister brown Mister brown grin

you're too funny grin

the only thing that you have been emphasizing on is emotional and psychological stress in raising the child and the way their counterparts will be looking at them grin
it is very obvious you don't like half caste bet that one is a story for another day now to the matter #clears throat#

They already have the child. The issue now should be HOW ARE WE GOING TO RAISE THIS CHILD instead of crying over spilled milk. Fine the hospital has made a mistake and they've owned up to their mistake. The point is that they should start learning how they will cope with aggressive eyes lurking around then when next they want to have another child they should go to another hospital. By the way shebi Michael Jackson is a black man (forget the bleaching, nose and hair. No amount of bleaching can change your dna to oyinbo If you are black you are black) and his wife is oyinbo. How come people are not looking at the children some how. This world is simple. It's we human beings that make it complicated. They should learn how they will love and accept the child. Look beyond his mixed race or whatever.

Tomorrow now if the child is successful they will say that's my son. Oya tell me who remembers obamas skin colour grin

every body from Kenya dey claim he's my brother he's from my town we went to the same secondary school we did this together we did that together grin
MRBrownJ:

you must stop being a "woman" for a minute (aka stop being too emotional) about this case, and instead focus on the facts at hand.
so, regardless of whether YOU believe that mixed race people are beautiful or not (which is not the case here), instead understand that it would be emotionally/psychologically and financially "easier" for two white women to raise a white child than it would be to raise a mixed race child.

you are not focussing on what is IMPORTANT here:
if we lived in a world free of racism, where everyone was equal, then i would have agreed with you but sadly it aint so... and therefore it may be emotionally/psychologically harder for these 2 women to raise a mixed race child than it would if that child was white.
btw out of my 6 kids, 3 are mixed race, and i fully understand the struggle for mixed race children to fit in or identify, in a particular society. i am not even gonna dwell on that same said society that has the definition of beauty being white with blonde hair and blue eyes.

true... but you dont focus on the main issue here:
- does society look down on white women having a mixed race child? YES, some people in society do!
- is it harder for a mixed race child to fit in with a particular race in that same society?! YES, sometimes it is!
therefore emotionally/psychologically, it may be MORE difficult for these women to raise a mixed race child than it would have been if it was a white child.

as you have written it, the world we live in is neither fair for all nor easy, so it may be easier for 2 women to raise a white child than it would be for them to raise a mixed race child, just like it may be emotionally easier for 2 black women to raise a black child than it would be for them to raise a mixed race child ... i am not being a racist, i am being REAL about life.

they may have foolishly believe that raising a mixed race child was the same as raising a white child... and only realise now after 2 yrs that it aint so.

if you agree that the clinic was negligent then AGAIN, stop focussing on the small picture, and instead focus on the emotional/psychological and possibly financial stress that having a mixed race child may bring to these women's live (stress that would have been absent if the child was white)

here is what these women may endure with a mixed race child that they would NOT if the child was white (which the refunded money does NOT cover):
[b]- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the stare of people, the possible loss of friends, the possible verbal/emotional/physical abuse due to the mixed race of the child
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with a child not being able to fit with a particular race in due to their mixed race status
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with explaining their mixed race status to that child OR their origin
- emotionally/psychologically having to explain the verbal/physical/emotional discrimination that this child may face
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the fact that they have no afro origin/background in order to instill in that child the proper tool for him/her to be prepared for the society we live in
- having to deal emotionally/psychologically with the fact that they have no afro origin/background in order to instill in that child the proper identity/culture/ethnic background for that child to have sound sense of self (and strong foundations)
- having to deal physically AND financially with nappy hair and skin care issues (they certainly wont use the same comb/shampoo/cream etc that they are using) while being clueless about it all
[/b]

all what i have mentioned above are things that would NOT have been an issue if the child was white... so, REFUNDING THE MONEY THEY'VE PAID WILL NOT COVER THE ABOVE, THEREFORE SUING FOR COMPENSATION IS UNDERSTANDABLE

the compensation will help the mother deal adequately with the possible added emotional/psychological/physical stress... stress that would have been inexistent if the clinic had done their job PROPERLY!
Re: Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable? by SAMBARRY: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Mindfulness:

@bold

Wrong!

The lawyer will know if the case is time-barred or if it isn't. We don't know. Lawyers do.
I am always right Mister mind wink

lawyers are like pimps. They may not send you, they may know you're not fine.they may know you're ugly and fat but they'll tell you what you want to hear and push you just so they can make money out of you cheesy

lawyers only pretend they care. They actually don't. The more trouble people have the more their money that is why you see them elongating cases wink

no lawyer will ever admit that wink

lawyers in the house I dey open ya yansh bite me grin cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does Your Husband Earn? / SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful. / Value Your Mothers- The Stages Of Life (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.